cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Craig McLachlan
Reply #75 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:25am

Neferti wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:11am:
cods wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:58am:
nef the 80s   was so long ago..

times have changed......because it didnt make headline back then   doesnt mean people were not horrified...

I would have been appalled....

craig was rubbing himself up against people.....

seriously NOT sexual harassment...seriously?..

The point is DEAL WITH IT WHEN IT HAPPENS. Tell him to bugger off, slap his face, report him .... whatever ..... 4 years (or even more) later people wonder why you didn't DO SOMETHING immediately, not wait years to "report it to the newspapers".

Times might have "changed" Cods, but back when I was very young, men still tried this sort of thing and I DEALT with it there and then.  They didn't try it again, believe me.  When you work with this sort of bloke, you really do have to DO SOMETHING straight away .... if he doesn't stop, report him immediately.

oh I agree NOW...women are more empowered today than in the 80s...

and you know people block this stuff out   and it isnt until its talked about like now that they recall what they put up with....

I like Craig  I always watch Dr Blake...and cant imagine anyon e else in the part...but at the end of the day....what he has been accused of is not AMUSING..

and like Don Burke  why allow it because of who he is??...

and some of these women did report him at the time....to people they expected to look out for them...

I agree I think the kiss  is an exaggeration.....BUT.. it was still not invited....

I am wondering what courtship will be like in the future...probably at arms length.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:14am

cods wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:36am:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:38pm:
cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:30pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Poor old Craig, he is being made a scapegoat, the entertainment industry is full of poofs in women's underware and all types of sex, grabbing the bloke by the balls would be common practice i would have thought, to much political correctness these days.

unless you have a link to that claim...

and under the circumstances   I would think a lot of chaps would have come forward by now if that was the case...

It's not a claim it's an observation, what other industry has so many chaps running around half naked in pantyhose performing in front of each other and not expecting a little grab. The banter would be a little different in a foundry for example.

I agree but it depends on what you think is BANTER..

would you be ok if that was your daughter on stage being disrespected like that?.... would you say    its only BANTER forget it?

A kick in the nuts would teach him a lesson, the entertainment industry is best left to the LGBTQI community, they all suck.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:17am

Johnnie wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:14am:
cods wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:36am:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:38pm:
cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:30pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Poor old Craig, he is being made a scapegoat, the entertainment industry is full of poofs in women's underware and all types of sex, grabbing the bloke by the balls would be common practice i would have thought, to much political correctness these days.

unless you have a link to that claim...

and under the circumstances   I would think a lot of chaps would have come forward by now if that was the case...

It's not a claim it's an observation, what other industry has so many chaps running around half naked in pantyhose performing in front of each other and not expecting a little grab. The banter would be a little different in a foundry for example.

I agree but it depends on what you think is BANTER..

would you be ok if that was your daughter on stage being disrespected like that?.... would you say    its only BANTER forget it?

A kick in the nuts would teach him a lesson, the entertainment industry is best left to the LGBTQI community, they all suck.

if you say so... Smiley

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #78 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:38am

Johnnie wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:14am:
A kick in the nuts would teach him a lesson ....

Yes, that too ...... Grin

... or grab the banana and shove that up his nose.

FIGHT BACK (at the time of the "offence") and don't let them get away with it. Don't let anybody intimidate you otherwise they will keep doing whatever it is.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #79 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:18am

cods wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:25am:

times have changed......because it didnt make headline back then   doesnt mean people were not horrified...

The point is DEAL WITH IT WHEN IT HAPPENS. Tell him to bugger off, slap his face, report him .... whatever ..... 4 years (or even more) later people wonder why you didn't DO SOMETHING immediately, not wait years to "report it to the newspapers".

Times might have "changed" Cods, but back when I was very young, men still tried this sort of thing and I DEALT with it there and then.  They didn't try it again, believe me.  When you work with this sort of bloke, you really do have to DO SOMETHING straight away .... if he doesn't stop, report him immediately.

and you know people block this stuff out   and it isnt until its talked about like now that they recall what they put up with....

I like Craig  I always watch Dr Blake...and cant imagine anyon e else in the part...but at the end of the day....what he has been accused of is not AMUSING..

and some of these women did report him at the time....to people they expected to look out for them...

I agree I think the kiss  is an exaggeration.....BUT.. it was still not invited....

I am wondering what courtship will be like in the future...probably at arms length.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Swedish Consent - signed document in advance on every issue.

It was always considered a man's right to ask and a woman's right to say no ..... but that became very muddled over this nonsensical 'domestic' and 'apprehended' violence rubbish - when all someone had to say was "Oooo - I feel..." and the other person was trashed with a court proceeding, and could be labeled 'violent' on the police 'back channel' or even in any future court proceedings....

A bloke couldn't even make an initial approach without running the gauntlet - and now women complain that men are all fly-by-nights who won't 'commit' and young men openly admit and advocate not having anything more than a sexual encounter.

What absolute nonsense, and the ruin of many aspects of our society, and the direct cause of the escalating casualties in the government-created and perpetuated war between women and men.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:34am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:18am:

It was always considered a man's right to ask and a woman's right to say no ..... but that became very muddled over this nonsensical 'domestic' and 'apprehended' violence rubbish - when all someone had to say was "Oooo - I feel..." and the other person was trashed with a court proceeding, and could be labeled 'violent' on the police 'back channel' or even in any future court proceedings....

A bloke couldn't even make an initial approach without running the gauntlet - and now women complain that men are all fly-by-nights who won't 'commit' and young men openly admit and advocate not having anything more than a sexual encounter.

What absolute nonsense, and the ruin of many aspects of our society, and the direct cause of the escalating casualties in the government-created and perpetuated war between women and men.

my thoughts are it started with Womens lib... oh I can hear the groans from afar.,....but at the end of the day they cam out swinging  and wanted equal rights blah blah....from then on respect for women from males went down hill....first of all they didnt let females in first no door opening  ang gradually push came to shove    and a lot of blokes thought as teh females started acting tougher.... lets not pretend they didnt....they also thought tougher....and gropeing  being a male thing   would now be acceptable 

do I blame women  of course not   but at the end of the day....a lot of females act like blokes...in a rough hillbilly way....no I dont mean they grope...but they do have an approach that seems to say ... anything goes.....

who knows   maybe Craig had got away with this behavior  with females who may have thought it was nice..and he thought they all thought the same way...

I dont know....but I do know standards have come down from all sides and all levels  ... and I seriously go back to the start of womens Lib...

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:07pm

and some of these women did report him at the time...

So there is written proof of that?  or just another verbal allegation?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:20pm

The entertainment industry have created their own problems by introducing a poofter type culture, they should deal with it internally, if a few kicks in the nuts sorts things out then so be it, going for a bitch fight years after the fact is a weak homo type response.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:31pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:18am:

Hear hear

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 5:31pm

hatman92 wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:07pm:
and some of these women did report him at the time...

So there is written proof of that?  or just another verbal allegation?

[url][https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/craig-mclachlan-hit-with-allegations-from-cast-and-crew-of-the-doctor-blake-mysteries/news-story/453e858e079f58e6c570f742b69fad36/url]

CAST and crew of TV show The Doctor Blake Mysteries have come forward with sexual harassment allegations against Craig McLachlan, despite the production company behind the show saying it had not received any complaints about the star.

The new allegations, reported by ABC and Fairfax, include accusations that McLachlan “dry humped” a female crew member and told a male crew member he’d “prefer a hand job” when he asked if he’d like a drink.

Production of the TV series was suspended earlier this week and broadcasting of the Doctor Blake telemovie was cancelled after three actresses came forward with accusations of sexual misconduct against the 52-year-old. McLachlan has vehemently denied the allegations.
The show’s production company December Media released a statement earlier this week saying it was “confident ... there have been no incidents involving any member of cast or crew, acting in any way inappropriately towards other cast or crew”.

But on Friday the company said it had appointed an independent investigator to speak to cast and crew in light of the new allegations.

“If these allegations are substantiated, this points to a serious breakdown in the adherence to the policies and procedures that December Media has in place,” December Media chief executive Stuart Menzies said.

The male crew member, however, told the ABC “there is no possibility that they didn’t know he was up to inappropriate behaviour”.

McLachlan has yet to respond to the latest allegations.

The crew member, who worked on two episodes of Doctor Blake in 2016, reportedly said he was shocked McLachlan’s overtly sexual behaviour was tolerated.

“But right from the start, in my first few days there I thought, ‘surely not everyone is OK with this’, he said.

He spoke of an incident in which he alleges during one rehearsal McLachlan held a banana at his crotch and thrust it into people’s faces.

“Right in the middle of rehearsing this scene, Craig gets up and walks out. He comes back a minute later and he’s got a banana,” the crew member told ABC.

“He’s holding it where his crotch is and starts thrusting it into the face of the actress and then into the face of the director and everyone just kind of laughs because what else are you going to do?

The crew member said in another incident the actor humped a female camera assistant “like a dog”.

He said the woman didn’t react to the shocking behaviour.

In another story, the crew member said McLachlan directed his lewd behaviour to him, after he asked the star if he’d like a drink at lunchtime.

“No thanks, I’d prefer a hand job thank you,” the crew member alleges McLachlan responded.

While the crew member says he never made a complaint, he said “those in charge were often on set and could see it for themselves”.

According to Fairfax, an extra on the show in 2013, also came forward with accusations against McLachlan saying he saw him push his crotch against a female wardrobe assistant.

“I was just sitting around and Craig came up to a woman, I think she was in wardrobe, and he pressed his crotch against her leg, while she was facing the other way.”

“[McLachlan] said, ‘Oops, you got a bit of knob on you’.” The extra said the woman just laughed it off.

The publication also reports a woman working the office of the production company was verbally abused over the phone by McLachlan in 2016.

“It was effing this, effing that. He also called her the C-word,” a witness recalled.

The co-worker claimed a complaint was made to management about the incident, but she was basically told there was nothing they could do about it.

the culture is a STAR is a STAR....so shut the f up..

honestly  you are basically saying everyone can see what hes doing  except management  who are always busy elsewhere when he humps a women just trying to do her job...

seriously!

is that really what goes on behind the scenes.....and its acceptable to management... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

who can claim they had no idea.... Sad

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #85 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 5:37pm

Sounds like he has no respect for himself or anybody else.

A few session on your couch should fix him up cods, just be gentle with that brain of his, sounds like there's not much there.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:40pm

Ajax wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 5:37pm:

A few session on your couch should fix him up cods, just be gentle with that brain of his, sounds like there's not much there.

it saddens me to read all this... I have always liked him...and seeing him on talk shows  hes always seemed such a nice chap......he definitely needs some help ...all he has done really...is act like a dirty old creepy man....but none of it is nice and its a shame no one took him aside a long time ago   and said.  Craig its neither funny nor smart....it will come back and bite you..

my couch is always available though I wouldnt turn him away..

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:44pm

cods wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:40pm:

it saddens me to read all this... I have always liked him...and seeing him on talk shows  hes always seemed such a nice chap......he definitely needs some help ...all he has done really...is act like a dirty old creepy man....but none of it is nice and its a shame no one took him aside a long time ago   and said.  Craig its neither funny nor smart....it will come back and bite you..

Would you cure him with a swift kick where it hurts Cods.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #88 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:52pm

Emasculated by stealth.

Soon every man will be required to look down only and speak to females in respectful tones.
Only to speak when spoken to, they will never again be allowed to initiate relationships or sexual encounters.

And women will cry out

"WHERE ARE ALL THE MEN?"

And the men will go overseas where women are women and men can be men.

And the western women will die out slowly, old maids and virgins.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:53pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
cods wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:40pm:

Would you cure him with a swift kick where it hurts Cods.

has the medical establishment found that cures anything jeez?.. its news to me if it has...

I would have to ask him... why the need to do and say what he does???...what does he get out of it???>.

is it to humiliate people  ...

maybe he does have difficulty in control.

you know we all have to stop ourselves from strangling someone at sometime... Smiley Smiley

I can think of one or two on here  I am best not to come face to face with... Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print