Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Craig McLachlan
Reply #60 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
Ah - got it - she was under 13 at the time... what the hell was she doing in a room alone with a much older man at a party and why was she not supervised? How did she even get there?  Just happened to mosey along with a few school friends.

"Plaintiff was enticed by promises of money and a modeling career to attend a series of parties, with other similarly situated minor females, held at a New York City residence that was being used by Defendant Jeffrey Epstein."

But jeez - what kind of man wants to make it with a kid under 13? 

"Trump had known Defendant Epstein for seven years (New York, 10/28/02), and knew that Plaintiff was then just 13 years old. Exhs. A and B."

"In June 2008, after Epstein pleaded guilty to a single state charge of soliciting prostitution from girls as young as 14, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.

"He served 13 months before being released.

"At release, he was registered in New York State as a level three (high risk of re-offense) sex offender, a lifelong designation."

18 months and served 13?  That's a bargain.. a plea bargain....

What sort of parent allows a daughter to attend a party of that nature while accepting a promise of payment for doing so?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:49pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
Ah - got it - she was under 13 at the time... what the hell was she doing in a room alone with a much older man at a party and why was she not supervised? How did she even get there?  Just happened to mosey along with a few school friends.

"Plaintiff was enticed by promises of money and a modeling career to attend a series of parties, with other similarly situated minor females, held at a New York City residence that was being used by Defendant Jeffrey Epstein."

"Trump had known Defendant Epstein for seven years (New York, 10/28/02), and knew that Plaintiff was then just 13 years old. Exhs. A and B."

"In June 2008, after Epstein pleaded guilty to a single state charge of soliciting prostitution from girls as young as 14, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.

"At release, he was registered in New York State as a level three (high risk of re-offense) sex offender, a lifelong designation."

What sort of parent allows a daughter to attend a party of that nature while accepting a promise of payment for doing so?

You're not trying to shift the blame to the parents, are you?

13 year old girls should not be raped, no matter what situation they find themselves in, and no matter whom may have put them in that situation.

Don't you agree?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:11pm

Ajax wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:11pm:
miketrees wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:37pm:
If you can not understand how this can happen, you are fortunate to not have worked in a toxic job.

There are thousands of workplaces where if you speak up, you will be persecuted and no action against perpetrators.   

These days I find that hard to believe.

whistleblowers are still treated like the enemy ajax...

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm

Poor old Craig, he is being made a scapegoat, the entertainment industry is full of poofs in women's underware and all types of sex, grabbing the bloke by the balls would be common practice i would have thought, to much political correctness these days.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #64 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:39pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:59am:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:32pm:
Gnads wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:27pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:22pm:
Craig McLachlan sounds like he is another bloke who thinks it is his right to cop a feel when he is in the position of power....Another era another time these blokes would get away with it no worries....How many times have you remained silent???

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Well said, Phil.

These entitlement thieves must be put in their place as a lesson to others who aspire to 'boss' positions over others.

Does that equally apply to women aspiring to "boss" positions?

You wankers.

Do you have some accusations you want to make otherwise we are talking about reality here???

Huh Huh Huh

Further to the accusation that you're a wanker?

Or are you suggesting women don't & can't aspire to boss positions?

You wouldn't know reality until it bit you on the backside.

I am not suggesting anything....If you know of an instance this has happened then share it with us or post a link....Otherwise what the f@#k does it have to do with this topic apart from deflection???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #65 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:22pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:49pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:30pm:

You're not trying to shift the blame to the parents, are you?

13 year old girls should not be raped, no matter what situation they find themselves in, and no matter whom may have put them in that situation.

Don't you agree?

I agree, just lookat the wider issues as well... such as what looks like a total moral decay.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:30pm

Craigy, its just a jump to the left.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:30pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Poor old Craig, he is being made a scapegoat, the entertainment industry is full of poofs in women's underware and all types of sex, grabbing the bloke by the balls would be common practice i would have thought, to much political correctness these days.

unless you have a link to that claim...

and under the circumstances   I would think a lot of chaps would have come forward by now if that was the case...

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:38pm

cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:30pm:

and under the circumstances   I would think a lot of chaps would have come forward by now if that was the case...

It's not a claim it's an observation, what other industry has so many chaps running around half naked in pantyhose performing in front of each other and not expecting a little grab. The banter would be a little different in a foundry for example.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #69 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:11am

The latest is:

Quote:
The new allegations include that he held a banana to his crotch and thrust it into the faces of an actress and a director.

He is also accused of "dry humping" a female crew member during the production and telling a male crew member who offered to get him a drink "I'd prefer hand job".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-13/allegations-craig-mclachlan-sexually-haras...

OK, so Craig has been stupid and obviously trying hard to be amusing but "sexual harassment"?  Hardly. What is wrong with people these days?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:36am

Johnnie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:38pm:
cods wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:30pm:

It's not a claim it's an observation, what other industry has so many chaps running around half naked in pantyhose performing in front of each other and not expecting a little grab. The banter would be a little different in a foundry for example.

I agree but it depends on what you think is BANTER..

would you be ok if that was your daughter on stage being disrespected like that?.... would you say    its only BANTER forget it?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:38am

Neferti wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:11am:
The latest is:

Quote:
The new allegations include that he held a banana to his crotch and thrust it into the faces of an actress and a director.

He is also accused of "dry humping" a female crew member during the production and telling a male crew member who offered to get him a drink "I'd prefer hand job".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-13/allegations-craig-mclachlan-sexually-haras...

OK, so Craig has been stupid and obviously trying hard to be amusing but "sexual harassment"?  Hardly. What is wrong with people these days?   Roll Eyes

hummmmm its more than trying to be amusing nef......

would you feel ok in the WORK PLACE if that happened to you??......... Sad Sad

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #72 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:50am

cods wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:38am:
Neferti wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:11am:
The latest is:

Quote:

hummmmm its more than trying to be amusing nef......

would you feel ok in the WORK PLACE if that happened to you??......... Sad Sad

Yes, I did see this happen in the WORK PLACE.  Way back in the 1980s and in the Public Service here in Canberra.

It was a "joke" and a female who was in the Commonwealth Games had been tested for "steroids" so she put a banana and a couple of apples down her track pants and waltzed around the office.  NOBODY was amused and NOBODY accused her of sexual harassment either.

I have seen worse things than what Craig McLachlan has done in the WORK PLACE by men ... they are NOT funny but I definitely wouldn't accuse them of "sexual harassment".  I just looked at them and said something like "Grow Up"!!! Tongue

I had one Boss in Sydney who called me into his office, once in there he shut the door and proceeded to pin me up against the door and tried to "molest" me.  I slapped his face, wriggled out of his grasp, went back to  my work station and typed up my RESIGNATION.  That was that. I couldn't trust him after that effort so I left. EASY. 

There have been other incidents as well but I won't bore you with them. 

Take action then and there, don't whinge years later!!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:58am

nef the 80s   was so long ago..

times have changed......because it didnt make headline back then   doesnt mean people were not horrified...

I would have been appalled....

craig was rubbing himself up against people.....

seriously NOT sexual harassment...seriously?..

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #74 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:11am

cods wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:58am:
nef the 80s   was so long ago..

times have changed......because it didnt make headline back then   doesnt mean people were not horrified...

I would have been appalled....

craig was rubbing himself up against people.....

seriously NOT sexual harassment...seriously?..

The point is DEAL WITH IT WHEN IT HAPPENS. Tell him to bugger off, slap his face, report him .... whatever ..... 4 years (or even more) later people wonder why you didn't DO SOMETHING immediately, not wait years to "report it to the newspapers".

Times might have "changed" Cods, but back when I was very young, men still tried this sort of thing and I DEALT with it there and then.  They didn't try it again, believe me.  When you work with this sort of bloke, you really do have to DO SOMETHING straight away .... if he doesn't stop, report him immediately.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print