Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Craig McLachlan (Read 16914 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Craig McLachlan
Reply #30 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:40pm

my comment was regarding playing the same part night after night  and Craig has done it over quite a few years now.... no excuses though  as young women in fear of losing their job   its not good at all...

perhaps they think they are grown women and could fight them off if they didnt like the attention....

I do not have a clue what goes through the mind of a bloke who does this......they seem to be intelligent people wouldnt they know putting ones hands on another persons private parts is not on???>.doesnt common decency tell them that?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #31 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:47pm

Is this a case where countless women would be throwing themselves at him and he lost all perspective of which ones were not making the offer?

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:54pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:47pm:
Is this a case where countless women would be throwing themselves at him and he lost all perspective of which ones were not making the offer?

but so far its only those who have been on stage with him..... it must be a hell of a thing to investigate  ..I mean not many do that sort of stuff for others to see...

how do you tell who is telling the truth....I mean  now they are saying it was common knowledge about his behavior and everyone talked about it?????>.

so how come the production company claim they had no idea????....

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:15pm

This is just another example of people in the workforce being arseholes.

They can be male or female, its not always about sex its about power.

AND  in all cases there are always the bystanders that see whats going on know its wrong and say nothing.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #34 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:34am

cods wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:40pm:
my comment was regarding playing the same part night after night  and Craig has done it over quite a few years now.... no excuses though  as young women in fear of losing their job   its not good at all...

perhaps they think they are grown women and could fight them off if they didnt like the attention....

I do not have a clue what goes through the mind of a bloke who does this......they seem to be intelligent people wouldnt they know putting ones hands on another persons private parts is not on???>.doesnt common decency tell them that?

Haven't seen what he's actually accused of - putting hands on private parts.... Dr Frank N furter would do that.... without a second thought....

Just saying.... I'll wait for the evidence...... and the proof... two different things....

I note that the Geoffrey Rush thing has gone quiet.... why is that?  Fifteen minutes of fame now over?

I can never forget Fairely Arrow..... mate.. we fairly arrowed out of there, let me tell you!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #35 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:52pm

I just keeps getting worse....

Quote:
Production company issues apology over Craig McLachlan allegations

One of the new cast members who has come forward said McLachlan had a blazing row with the stage managers during the show and was late back on stage for his part: "So he came on the wrong way, at the wrong time, very fast and very aggressively and ran into me."

The cast member was injured and had to take time off work and was expecting an apology from McLachlan.

It never came.

Instead McLachlan's behaviour escalated. He was hurting his fellow cast members during the show, grabbing them by the arm or the face.

The cast member went to a female manager to report feeling unsafe and threatened on stage, and that no one was taking any action to protect them from McLachlan. The manager "was passive, showed no reaction and then said, 'well, what do you want me to do?'"

More allegations here....

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/production-company-issues-apolo...

Shocked Shocked Shocked

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:58pm

theres paywall there phil..

of course the management knew....its rubbish to say otherwise.. now it could come down to money if they admit to it and did nothing to make a safe workplace   they can be in big trouble....it goes to show really... in future females in particular need to have someone alongside them when they report something to management....its a shame   but that how bad this kind of thing is.. someone in the lead is very valuable...minor parts can easily be filled cant they?

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #37 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:00pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:52pm:

Quote:

One of the new cast members who has come forward said McLachlan had a blazing row with the stage managers during the show and was late back on stage for his part: "So he came on the wrong way, at the wrong time, very fast and very aggressively and ran into me."

The cast member was injured and had to take time off work and was expecting an apology from McLachlan.

It never came.

Instead McLachlan's behaviour escalated. He was hurting his fellow cast members during the show, grabbing them by the arm or the face.

The cast member went to a female manager to report feeling unsafe and threatened on stage, and that no one was taking any action to protect them from McLachlan. The manager "was passive, showed no reaction and then said, 'well, what do you want me to do?'"

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/production-company-issues-apolo...

Shocked Shocked Shocked

If true, he sounds like an arsewipe. I'd suggest, if true, he need his face grabbed, his legs taken from under him, a knee in the sternum and one finger moved from pinching his face and stuffed in his eye with the words, "you do that again and the only acting job you will get is as a cyclops or a pirate."

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #38 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:04pm

cods wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:58pm:

of course the management knew....its rubbish to say otherwise.. now it could come down to money if they admit to it and did nothing to make a safe workplace   they can be in big trouble....it goes to show really... in future females in particular need to have someone alongside them when they report something to management....its a shame   but that how bad this kind of thing is.. someone in the lead is very valuable...minor parts can easily be filled cant they?

Angry Angry Angry

Here you go Cods....Our free ABC....

Quote:
Key points:
Two more people have come forward with claims of inappropriate behaviour
Production company's boss "sincerely apologises" to the women at the centre of the original allegations
He says "anyone should feel comfortable reporting issues of sexual harassment, discrimination and bullying"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-10/rocky-horror-craig-mclachlan-gordon-frost-...

Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:11pm by philperth2010 »  

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:06pm

Worksafe in each state may be taking a look at the allegations.

The theatre company may have to show how they are providing a safe workplace.
On the face of it they have failed.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:09am

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:04pm:

Angry Angry Angry

Quote:
Key points:
Production company's boss "sincerely apologises" to the women at the centre of the original allegations
He says "anyone should feel comfortable reporting issues of sexual harassment, discrimination and bullying"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-10/rocky-horror-craig-mclachlan-gordon-frost-...

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Quote:
The producers of the Rocky Horror Show have apologised for their handling of sexual misconduct claims against star Craig McLachlan, after more cast members came forward with claims about bullying and intimidation.

see how the wording keeps changing...

perhaps for some people it isnt sexual harassment unless it gets down to the nitty gritty......

to me someone to claim he kissed her uninvited in 2004

seems to make the seriousness of the case a bit muddy thats all..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:22am

Craig McLachlan would surely be aquascoot's favourite actor.

He has all the "qualities" horse boy admires.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:25am

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:52pm:

Quote:

It never came.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

None of these is an allegation of sexual misconduct..... why the hue and cry over 'power relationships' and such...

This one is growing smellier by the minute..... are thespians all wilting violets these days more concerned about their 'rights' and 'feelings' than doing their job?

I'm off to see the opening night of Mother on 25th Jan - haven't said Hi to Noni for years..... but she'll walk the walk.... guaranteed.

"You start off playing yourself, then someone's mother, and finally someone's grand-mother....." ... some well-known actress once said that to that effect anyway.  And I dont use silly words like act-or to describe actors and actresses, either... Queensland.. oops Sovereignsland be damned.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:35am

cods wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:09am:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:04pm:

Angry Angry Angry

Quote:
Key points:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Quote:
The producers of the Rocky Horror Show have apologised for their handling of sexual misconduct claims against star Craig McLachlan, after more cast members came forward with claims about bullying and intimidation.

see how the wording keeps changing...

perhaps for some people it isnt sexual harassment unless it gets down to the nitty gritty......

to me someone to claim he kissed her uninvited in 2004

seems to make the seriousness of the case a bit muddy thats all..

Ban Little Red Riding Hood - that wolf wanted to eat her while dressed as her grannie but a noble working man with a long hard axe stuffed the wolf big time and took the little girl under his arm ..... and Snow White must be banned because the sleeping lass didn't sign a paper saying 'Kiss Me To Wake Me Up' - and that after living with seven midgets at the same time (did Centrelink know?) .... Sleeping Beauty, well, where can I start!!  Wicked Steppie slips her the poisoned apple, she drops off the attraction to boys scale for years, and finally realises when kissed without permission that she likes Princes after all...  Roll Eyes

Dr Frank N Furter is pretty gay sado-mas, and maybe he got the little bit of rough play wrong... it can happen after years doing the same role..... it's a Rocky road.........  and displays of temper could equally be in character and be part of establishing the pecking order on-stage - which Frank frankly dominates...

Nowadays ANY complaint involving a sheila is somehow sex-based regardless of facts... that is what this nation has come to under the ridiculous tenets of 'feminism' .. the easiest way to 'power' in a relationship for a woman is to use sex... we all know that and knew it for years...
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:10am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:59am

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:32pm:
Gnads wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:27pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:22pm:
Craig McLachlan sounds like he is another bloke who thinks it is his right to cop a feel when he is in the position of power....Another era another time these blokes would get away with it no worries....How many times have you remained silent???

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Well said, Phil.

These entitlement thieves must be put in their place as a lesson to others who aspire to 'boss' positions over others.

Does that equally apply to women aspiring to "boss" positions?

You wankers.

Do you have some accusations you want to make otherwise we are talking about reality here???

Huh Huh Huh

Further to the accusation that you're a wanker?

Or are you suggesting women don't & can't aspire to boss positions?

You wouldn't know reality until it bit you on the backside.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print