Craig McLachlan (Read 16912 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Craig McLachlan
Reply #15 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:11pm

cods wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
they must live in ivory towers...

we have just seen  Don Burke and even Geoffrey Rush get extraordinary press...

yet these guys dont bat an eyelid.....

I read somewhere where there is something like 40 men in the industry who have been named....omg...

how big is our industry?.....

Who cares how big the industry is.... the women obviously don't.

It'll set it back into the dark days when anything aussie was something to avoid watching ...

because it was shyte.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:13pm

Neferti wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:06pm:

I read somewhere where there is something like 40 men in the industry who have been named....omg...

Girls throw themselves at males who are "in charge" and when they get a pinch on the bum, they complain, 20 years later.

What a bunch of bullshit.

As a girl I also had to tell the Boss to "cool it" ....

All the nongs here want to make it another "man" bashing exercise.

Good to see a female perspective of what actually happens on the womens part.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:15pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:28pm:

Girls throw themselves at males who are "in charge" and when they get a pinch on the bum, they complain, 20 years later.

You have no idea do you....It was 4 years ago and it was reported at the time....

Quote:
Victoria Police have confirmed an investigation is underway into allegations that award-winning Australian actor Craig McLachlan committed multiple sexual offences while performing in the hit musical Rocky Horror Show in 2014.

Two of the women said they complained to senior production staff at the time but said nothing was done.

Erika Heynatz, Christie Whelan Browne and Angela Scundi, who played opposite McLachlan in the 2014 production of Rocky Horror Show, asked that the GFO agree to take part in an independent investigation by two senior barristers.

The women told the ABC they have never sought money and they want reassurances the current cast of the show is not at any risk.

But lawyers for the GFO have been resistant to their requests and have threatened to sue the women for defamation.

The ABC has seen documentation including emails, texts and a doctor's referral which prove the women complained to others at the time.

Their reports have been backed by other members of the cast and band and by people they confided in at the time.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-08/craig-mclachlan-accused-of-indecent-assaul...

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If it was reported 4 years ago why didn't the coppers act on it then?

You delusional prat.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:18pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:38pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Women who are too p1ss weak to say anything, if some jerk feels them up, but then goes all publicity, #metoo crazy after the fact, get sweet f all respect from me.

When all this crap blew up I said to my Mrs what would you do if somebody groped you at work?
"Well after he got his balls back down out of his throat, where I'd kicked them, I would have him sacked or charged." (My Mrs).

She is nothing amazing as a feminist warrior for womens rights, she is just an average woman, so who are all these shrinking violets who cannot stand up for themselves, without a media circus attached?

Whores???

Well MEDIA whores, certainly.

Well, assuming the acts even occurred.....these women ought not have put up with it, and there should have been an instant reaction on stage or wherever. 

I struggle with the claim that "I felt too scared, intimidated, powerless to say anything" and it is really getting tiring.  They say that they had no choice but to cop it and say nothing.  Nah.  That they copped it and said nothing would been seen as encouragement.  What was more important to them...their personal dignity/privacy/sanctity, or their professional careers?

Agree totally with that summation.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #19 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:32pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:27pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:22pm:
Craig McLachlan sounds like he is another bloke who thinks it is his right to cop a feel when he is in the position of power....Another era another time these blokes would get away with it no worries....How many times have you remained silent???

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Well said, Phil.

These entitlement thieves must be put in their place as a lesson to others who aspire to 'boss' positions over others.

Does that equally apply to women aspiring to "boss" positions?

You wankers.

Do you have some accusations you want to make otherwise we are talking about reality here???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #20 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:38pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:15pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:28pm:

You have no idea do you....It was 4 years ago and it was reported at the time....

Quote:
Victoria Police have confirmed an investigation is underway into allegations that award-winning Australian actor Craig McLachlan committed multiple sexual offences while performing in the hit musical Rocky Horror Show in 2014.

Two of the women said they complained to senior production staff at the time but said nothing was done.

Erika Heynatz, Christie Whelan Browne and Angela Scundi, who played opposite McLachlan in the 2014 production of Rocky Horror Show, asked that the GFO agree to take part in an independent investigation by two senior barristers.

The women told the ABC they have never sought money and they want reassurances the current cast of the show is not at any risk.

But lawyers for the GFO have been resistant to their requests and have threatened to sue the women for defamation.

The ABC has seen documentation including emails, texts and a doctor's referral which prove the women complained to others at the time.

Their reports have been backed by other members of the cast and band and by people they confided in at the time.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-08/craig-mclachlan-accused-of-indecent-assaul...

If it was reported 4 years ago why didn't the coppers act on it then?

You delusional prat.

Police are investigating now....If you read the article instead of being a dickhead you wouldn't have had to ask!!!

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:42pm

I imagine there must be video evidence of it happening?

How else could it even been proved.  Or is it a case of women never make stuff up.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #22 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:44pm

.. and another one bites the bust.....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ... or so someone claims.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:46pm

Did Agnes & Lisa make a claim against McLachlan too?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:48pm

Dr Frank N Furter in Rocky Horror?  Probably a little role playing before the show to get motivated... I mean Fran N Furter is outrageous, and maybe these little girls thought that was too much to try to play act before the show to get warmed up...

Anyone here been on-stage?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:50pm

You knew Bruce Springsteen?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:56pm

4 nights ago I had a 19 year old 'girl' ask me if I "Party Hard" and that she would like to see me "Go at it hard".
The 'insinuations' were somewhat...
Feeling a bit flushed, I none the less made the choice to be an 'Oak' as they say and
...well, lucky I wasn't Julian Sands in that movie "Midnight Sun" (Italiano).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:57pm

I had a female celeb flash her V at me a very drunken work xmas party.  Did I run to the media crying?

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:09pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
Dr Frank N Furter in Rocky Horror?  Probably a little role playing before the show to get motivated... I mean Fran N Furter is outrageous, and maybe these little girls thought that was too much to try to play act before the show to get warmed up...

my memory has faded now but I saw it many moons ago in  Perth...I think it was Craig too...I am very sad to read all of this as Dr Blake is one of my fav   and I have always thought of him as a decent kind of bloke... however when they talk about dual personality... you do wonder if the Part they play takes over in any way???.....is that a possibility?.....

the part is very raunchy 

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:29pm

cods wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:09pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:48pm:

my memory has faded now but I saw it many moons ago in  Perth...I think it was Craig too...I am very sad to read all of this as Dr Blake is one of my fav   and I have always thought of him as a decent kind of bloke... however when they talk about dual personality... you do wonder if the Part they play takes over in any way???.....is that a possibility?.....

the part is very raunchy 

It can do - interesting idea there, cods, for a film noir about an actor who becomes his role's Mr Hyde...

Most actors are very little like the roles they play really - well, they are and they aren't - but what this sounds like to me as a veteran of a dozen stage plays etc, is the VERY common role playing as I said and the natural inclination of men and women in close quarters to....... co-operate.... things happen.... when you play someone's husband or boyfriend or something, it becomes very hard over time (remember film is one scene at a time and thus each scene passes quickly whereas long-running plays are probably the worst) to not develop the kind of interactions that characters perform on stage...  people get to know one another and chemistry happens...

I think this is another over-blown story, and it's becoming a badge of honour to 'out' some famous or well-known person in this way.

In Hollywood such 'outers' would soon find themselves on the outer..... Hollywood is very unforgiving of those who step out of line... look at Kevin Costner after JFK (you don't rock the establishment) or Mel Gibson after the Russian chick and the drunken asking of a cop if he was Jewish (would an anti-Semite really direct/produce the Jesus story in Aramaic?) - both were sent to Coventry to serve out their time.... Mel survived by having his own production company, and Kev because he has some very good friends, such as Robert Duvall.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print