Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Did you know of the term "cisgender" and its meaning prior to this topic?

Yes    
  3 (60.0%)
No    
  2 (40.0%)

Total votes: 5
« Created by: Armchair_Politician on: Jan 7th, 2018 at 6:05pm »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
More lefty PC madness from QLD Labor govt (Read 7251 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

More lefty PC madness from QLD Labor govt
Jan 7th, 2018 at 2:58pm

Commonwealth Games volunteer training criticised as 'political correctness gone mad'

A training guide for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games that advises volunteers to use gender neutral language when addressing visitors has been labelled as "political correctness gone mad".

Queensland's Opposition Leader Deb Frecklington has been highly critical of the document which suggests volunteers use inclusive language towards visitors rather than gender-based terms.

The guidelines say they are designed "to create an inclusive Games for all to enjoy".

"Swapping gendered words for gender-natural ones can make everyone feel included, this also demonstrates our understanding that not everyone identifies as heterosexual or cisgender," the document reads.

Examples include avoiding gender specific job titles such as policeman/policewoman and instead using police officer.

Volunteers are also asked to consider using 'parent' instead of mother or father and 'partner' instead of girlfriend or boyfriend.

"We can avoid using words like: guys, girls, ladies, gentlemen, and instead use words like students, everyone, folks, all, etc."

The training also states that trans people should be able to use a toilet of their choice.

"If you are not sure if someone is male or female direct them to male, female and accessible toilet facilities."

Commonwealth Games Chief Executive Officer Mark Peters said it was not compulsory for volunteers to read or adopt the training document.

"We're just trying to give them guidelines without scaring them," he said.

Mr Peters said the training guidelines were developed after consultation with previous Commonwealth Games hosts.

"Glasgow addressed this, London ... they put out some very specific information around a whole lot of these issues," he said.

"You take what they do and how it worked, and they had a great volunteer program. It worked really well."

Mr Peters said the guide was about making sure volunteers and visitors feel comfortable during their interactions at the Games.

"Can you get it wrong? Not if you've got a smile and a friendly face and you're genuinely trying to help people," he said.

"But if you can avoid situations that they may feel uncomfortable in, then why not do it?"

'Political correctness gone mad': LNP leader

But Ms Frecklington said Queenslanders were unique and should not be dictated to by organisers.

"I think Queenslanders are wonderful people and they can use their own common sense when they are talking to our foreign visitors," she said.

"I think as long as they are respectful, our volunteers need to be allowed to be that — volunteers."

"I'm someone who has grown up in the ways of treating people with respect by saying 'good morning ladies and gentlemen', I just don't think they should be dictated to in relation to these terms."

Ms Frecklington admitted she had not read the training guide in its entirety.

"I've seen a couple of the excerpts from it am I've obviously seen what's been printed in the paper today," she said.

"This is lefty overreach."

The guide has received a mixed response on social media, with many defending the inclusive intent of the training, while others believe it is over the top and unnecessary.

On Twitter, Noley said gender neutral language training was common at large tourism events and theme parks to avoid stuff ups.

Organisers of the Commonwealth Games, which are being held in April, have been contacted for comment.

One of the other guidelines asks volunteers to not take selfies with athletes.

"Certainly they have to respect our sport stars and I'm quite sure our volunteers can use their common sense in that regard," Ms Frecklington said.

Ms Frecklington said people expect their politicians to be honest.

"I think that when we get to this crazy political correctness, that is exactly why people are turning off the political spectrum," she said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-07/commonwealth-games-training-politically-co...

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: More lefty PC madness from QLD Labor govt
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:02pm

This really is ridiculous. "Cisgender". What the hell is that? I had to look it up and am still clueless as to what makes one "cisgender"! From wikipedia...

Cisgender is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. Cisgender may also be defined as those who have "a gender identity or perform a gender role society considers appropriate for one's sex".

As for not calling a person a "mother" or a "father" but instead calling them a "parent", that is absurd. I am the FATHER of my two (soon to be three) children. My wife is the MOTHER of my two children. It's that simple.

This whole "gender neutral" garbage has got to stop. It's beyond absurd.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:06pm

I wouldn't expect anything less from the Tuckshop Lady and her merry band of fkkwits.

If they are not out destroying jobs in the north they're making a laughing stock of our state.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:08pm

"Good Morning, Neutral Genderites, this is your Aircraft Control Facilitator speaking.... we are about to land at the Gold Coast, home of the latest Commonwealth Games.... you are advised that all references to any specific gender other than the non-gender gender is forbidden in Sovereignsland (which used to be Queensland)..... and offences are punishable by a $1000 fine or ten days in prison.... thank you for flying PC Airlines.... an Equal Opportunity employer..."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:11pm

Four more years of Labor
. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:17pm

Its time wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:11pm:
Four more years of Labor
. Smiley Smiley

You cannot possibly agree with this?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #6 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:21pm

Four more years of Labor
. Smiley Smiley

4 more years of fkkheaded decisions and job destroying behaviours will render QLD the basket case state of Australia, even Taswegia will be laughing at us.

And you fkkheaded labor voters are fully to blame, well done

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:38pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
Four more years of Labor
. Smiley Smiley

4 more years of fkkheaded decisions and job destroying behaviours will render QLD the basket case state of Australia, even Taswegia will be laughing at us.

Who did you vote for? Oh wait

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:40pm

Its time wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:38pm:
Four more years of Labor
. Smiley Smiley

Yep says it all!

FARQUIT!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:52pm

Four more years of Labor
. Smiley Smiley

Not some labor grub, piece of lying sh1t, how's about you?

HMMMM, was it a labor piece of sh1t or did you go full fkkhead and vote for a greens candidate?

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:53pm

Should have voted for Pauline - she would put a cane toad on every table.

The utterly corrupt unions are still in control of Qld.

Wonder when she will start closing down the coal power stations and follow SA as another blackout state ?

And the Greenies want to turn ALL of Nth Qld into one huge National Park where ONLY animals and birds are allowed.

Whites will be strictly BANNED.

Dark People will be suffered ONLY if they adopt a subsistence style of life living off the land instead of Welfare.

Puppets.

Anny Pally is a puppet of the unions

Bull S,. is a puppet of the unions

Tony Abbott is a puppet of the Catholic Church.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:01pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:52pm:
Four more years of Labor
. Smiley Smiley

HMMMM, was it a labor piece of sh1t or did you go full fkkhead and vote for a greens candidate?

I don't live in QLD  Cheesy

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:04pm

I do...and this is crap.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:09pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:08pm:
"Good Morning, Neutral Genderites, this is your Aircraft Control Facilitator speaking.... we are about to land at the Gold Coast, home of the latest Commonwealth Games.... you are advised that all references to any specific gender other than the non-gender gender is forbidden in Sovereignsland (which used to be Queensland)..... and offences are punishable by a $1000 fine or ten days in prison.... thank you for flying PC Airlines.... an Equal Opportunity employer..."

So I can't call women sizzle-tits anymore?   Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:19pm

Its time wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:52pm:
Four more years of Labor
. Smiley Smiley

I don't live in QLD  Cheesy

So you're just a mean lefty grub who wishes bad things on the people of QLD by celebrating that filth's win?

Nice to know.

I wouldn't wish our misfortune of 4 more years of the Tuckshop Lady on anyone not even during State of Origin.

'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print