Smiley

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Catching Flathead
Reply #46 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 10:22pm

Isn't that dangerous, getting zapped under water? You could end up unconscious.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:49pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:01pm:
I dive for old bottles. It's a hobby of mine. Quite often I see massive flathead and it amazes me how close into shore they are. I love seeing those metre long flathead. In Sydney Harbour there's a type of stingray that shocks you called a numbray. If you touch one it's a sensation you'll never forget. I've been zapped a bunch of times. The marine world is full of some interesting critters.

Even way down the coast, old bottles still get found.
Hell, just a few years ago a good dive acquaintance and his mate found another 19 'wrecks' in/around Sydney harbour.
I even got to see the 'extra footage' of the Jap Sub that was not shown on the news.
...that wasn't you showing me that FD? Huh Huh Huh Huh
(If it was - do you remember me now? Grin)

NUMBRAYS! Ahhh - the bets on with me putting my hand under a Numbray and to be filmed.  Cheesy
Mates have been 'shocked' by them and they didn't enjoy the experience. A bit like holding onto an electric fence for as long as you can.  Grin

Redmond Neck wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 2:29pm:
[quote author=JaSin link=1515218315/29#29 date=1515298565]Ok. You may all resume your positions of rotting in hell as a bunch of pussy-whipped males to those female members from that PA Forum that come here to cause trouble and get people banned for looking at their tits that they wobble around in front of everyone.

Please ban this twit for a month or two freediver![/quote]

...seems
Red
mond the
Tampon
is upset that he's just a 'peasant' that just sits in a boat on the surface with sand in his Vag! Obviously too scared to get his d*** wet!  Grin
But he is just a 'PA Sewer-rat' and prone to scream for anyone other than a PA Sewer-rat, to be banned.  Roll Eyes

I must try 'Soy' on my fish though. It does sound appealing.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #48 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:57pm

Ban the twit freediver !

Permanently would be nice!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:13pm

We use  stainless steel probes and stick them into the sand to find the old bottles Jasin. Over time the pre 1900 bottles sink really deep. One time I impaled a numbray accidently and got multiple shocks. My hand stuck to the probe for about 5 seconds. I got angry and catapulted him about 50 metres out into the channel. I had a headache for hours afterwards. The little rascals.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:14pm

Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:15pm

freediver wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 10:22pm:

Yes - very 'potentially' dangerous.
But rarely, if ever - happens.
It isn't as strong a 'ZAP' as what Electric Eels can do.
Those things can knock you off your feet!

Hey Hammer. Catch a PJ and you have yourself an instant 'scooter'!  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:16pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
We use  stainless steel probes and stick them into the sand to find the old bottles Jasin. Over time the pre 1900 bottles sink really deep. One time I impaled a numbray accidently and got multiple shocks. My hand stuck to the probe for about 5 seconds. I got angry and catapulted him about 50 metres out into the channel. I had a headache for hours afterwards. The little rascals.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
That's mad! Cool

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:17pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:15pm:

PJ? Port Jackson Shark.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:19pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:16pm:

That's mad! Cool

We find stoneware ginger beer bottles from time to time. My mate stuck one in his wetsuit to hold him down because they are quite heavy. He had it in his wetsuit all day. When we were cleaning this bottle at home a blue ringed octopus popped out with 2 eggs. That was a shocker Jasin.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:19pm

Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:26pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:19pm:

That's mad! Cool

We find stoneware ginger beer bottles from time to time. My mate stuck one in his wetsuit to hold him down because they are quite heavy. He had it in his wetsuit all day. When we were cleaning this bottle at home a blue ringed octopus popped out with 2 eggs. That was a shocker Jasin.

I know some divers with Pre-1900 bottles. Many are Pre-1950 at least.
Blue-Ring Occy!  Shocked Shocked Hell, how lucky is he the Occy didn't bite him. They can be very aggressive! I use a L-shaped rod to dig 'sinkers' out from under ledges because BR-Occys will 'dart out' at the rod for a bite. Never use 'fingers' to wiggle something out from under anything. Don't see many of them down the coast, mostly around 'polluted' Sydney, like from Cronulla to Manly.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:29pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
Jasin wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:15pm:

PJ? Port Jackson Shark.

Yep!
They're quite docile. Catch for 'school' excursions - keep them in a pool on the beach for a little while for the kids to look and learn via 'experts' down from the Uni's & Zoo.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:23pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:26pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:19pm:

That's mad! Cool

I know some divers with Pre-1900 bottles. Many are Pre-1950 at least.
Blue-Ring Occy!  Shocked Shocked Hell, how lucky is he the Occy didn't bite him. They can be very aggressive! I use a L-shaped rod to dig 'sinkers' out from under ledges because BR-Occys will 'dart out' at the rod for a bite. Never use 'fingers' to wiggle something out from under anything. Don't see many of them down the coast, mostly around 'polluted' Sydney, like from Cronulla to Manly.

They are right up  the harbour above Gladesville which is surprising Jasin.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:47pm

Interesting. Wouldn't think they would venture in that far.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print