Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
How to defeat the Islamic threat (Read 8782 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: How to defeat the Islamic threat
Reply #45 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:40am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:37am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
I actually find this bigotry quite frightening.

I actually find the refusal to a full and open discussion without name-calling quite frightening....

Indeed.

The name-calling is a tactic for replacing the subject matter with ad hominem trolling.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #46 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:34am

bogarde73 wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:00am:
Gandalf, putting aside if you can your disdain of responding to me, do you think the countries of Eastern & Central Europe are justified in refusing to accept  Muslim immigration, having regard to the crime and terror which has been seen to accompany it in other parts of the continent?

And please, can you consider your answer, not in some legalistic EU manner, but in the context of whether they have the right to protect their people.

Of course they are justified in implementing whatever immigration program they want. Thats the great thing about being a sovereign nation - you get to decide who does and who doesn't come into your country.

But to frame the pushback against refugees and immigration in parts of Eastern and Central Europe as a 'muslims under the bed' hysteria, is a bit misleading IMO. I think the more relevant point is that these countries are inadequately equipped economically and infrastructure wise to handle mass immigration - regardless of where they come from. Plus they are notoriously racist, and so any influx of different coloured people (not just muslim) will have implications for the social fabric - implications that you won't get so much in more progressive/tolerant western Europe.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #47 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:01am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:34am:
Gandalf, putting aside if you can your disdain of responding to me, do you think the countries of Eastern & Central Europe are justified in refusing to accept  Muslim immigration, having regard to the crime and terror which has been seen to accompany it in other parts of the continent?

And please, can you consider your answer, not in some legalistic EU manner, but in the context of whether they have the right to protect their people.

Of course they are justified in implementing whatever immigration program they want. Thats the great thing about being a sovereign nation - you get to decide who does and who doesn't come into your country.

Well we seem to be in agreement here. I look forward to you joining me in continuing to remind people here of this fundamental truth.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:34pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:23am:
freediver wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:28pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:52pm:
Probably not. The entire speech though...

Its obviously a pretty subjective and therefore random call from the relevant authorities as to whether its hate speech or not.

Personally I think comparing muslims with termites would probably be the clincher.

Our politicians use the term 'white anting' quite regularly. Is English your second language?

In reference to a vulnerable minority in society? "The jews are 'white anting' our society, therefore we should ban them" - how do you think that would go down?

Besides, this idiot is a bit more blatant than merely using the word "white anting":

Quote:
If we don't talk about Islam, there's no justification.  For example, for stopping Muslim immigration.  Why should we do it if it's not just to stop a few terrorists?  The situation is much more serious than that, and in fact, by talking about radical Islam, we tend to devote our attention primarily to the terrorists.  The Muslim terrorists, obviously, the Islamic terrorists.  But by doing that, we take our attention away, in fact, from the real existential threats that we face from Islam.  And so, the major existential threat is, of course, the Stealth Jihad.  It's going on right under our noses, so to say.  It's sort of like termites invading a building.  You may see a couple of termite tracks on the bottom but unless you know what you're looking for, you have no idea what's going on behind the walls, and one of these days the building is going to collapse if you don't take measures. 

So the problem is that he explained the meaning of the analogy?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #49 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 2:11pm

FD you are just pretending there is no difference between accusing someone of "white anting" and actually using the word "termites" in their analogy of muslim immigration.

In any case, when was the last time an Australian politician used the term "white anting" to describe the collective behaviour of muslim immigrants - or for that matter any immigrant group? How well do you think it would go down?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:43pm

gandalf wrote Reply #25 - Yesterday at 10:19am
Quote:
So by that logic its fair and reasonable to associate your dear old peace loving church-going, bible reading granny who brings you scones every Sunday - with Joseph Kony - no? Why not?

Why Not?

You jest surely?

Joseph Kony broke every rule Christ advocated as the true path for his followers.

On the other hand:

The little old kind hearted granny is apparently following what her Redeemer said.

So people (except muslims and their apologists) don't associate the two.

Conversely:

Your good book, revered founder, and your god, all tell us that slaughter of disbelievers is part and parcel of islam.

You venerate all three of the above as being infallible and the perfect example for mankind today 2018, so you endorse the cause and motivation of islamic terrorism, you therefore patronize the engendered terrorism.

until you're honest and thoroughly analyze the inciting of atrocities by your book, prophet, and god, of course people will link  all muslims as being members of the death cult islam.      

It all boils down to the evil displayed by the qur'an, muhammad and allah, has to be addressed by muslims.

You're in a bind I know as such a dissecting of your doctrine will destroy islam, however I think you'll find people are getting sick and tired of the excuses.

You have had it in the long run, that's as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, no matter how many laws and lies arise to protect you, truth will eventually beat you.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #51 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:56pm

moses wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:43pm:
Joseph Kony broke every rule Christ advocated

I just knew you were going to say that.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #52 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:37pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 2:11pm:
FD you are just pretending there is no difference between accusing someone of "white anting" and actually using the word "termites" in their analogy of muslim immigration.

That's what white anting means Gandalf. You know that white ants are termites don't you?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #53 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:58am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:34am:

But to frame the pushback against refugees and immigration in parts of Eastern and Central Europe as a 'muslims under the bed' hysteria, is a bit misleading IMO. I think the more relevant point is that these countries are inadequately equipped economically and infrastructure wise to handle mass immigration - regardless of where they come from. Plus they are notoriously racist, and so any influx of different coloured people (not just muslim) will have implications for the social fabric - implications that you won't get so much in more progressive/tolerant western Europe.

Those countries are racist. Bullshit, Gandalf. Now, who’s painting with a broad brush?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #54 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:59am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:56pm:

The Lords resistance army is confined to a small part of Africa. Islamism is a global threat.

You see the difference, don’t you?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #55 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:33am

freediver wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:37pm:

That's what white anting means Gandalf. You know that white ants are termites don't you?

I know what it means FD. But the point remains, you are pretending there is no difference between accusing someone of 'white anting' and comparing muslim immigrants with termites. Lets be honest here.

What kind of reception do you think a politician would get if he started ranting about muslim immigration being a sinister ploy to "white ant" society? How much worse do you think the reception would be if they just came out and compared muslim immigrants to termites?

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #56 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:39am

Auggie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:59am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:56pm:

The Lords resistance army is confined to a small part of Africa. Islamism is a global threat.

You see the difference, don’t you?

Thats what the Islamophobes keep telling me.

Yet if you look at the entire African continent, christian terrorism is actually a big thing there. And its certainly not limited to Joseph Kony, nor a "small part of Africa". True its not global, but its certainly not the isolated sideshow some make it out to be.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:39pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:33am:
freediver wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:37pm:

I know what it means FD. But the point remains, you are pretending there is no difference between accusing someone of 'white anting' and comparing muslim immigrants with termites. Lets be honest here.

What kind of reception do you think a politician would get if he started ranting about muslim immigration being a sinister ploy to "white ant" society? How much worse do you think the reception would be if they just came out and compared muslim immigrants to termites?

We are not talking about whether they would get elected to government, but your claim that it was the 'clincher' in getting them banned from the country. Whether they use the term white ant or termite, and whether they explain the meaning of the analogy or not, it still has the same meaning.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #58 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:33pm

You are avoiding my question FD. Can you confirm that in terms of what constitutes hate speech you don't think there is any difference between accusing someone of white anting and comparing muslim immigrants to termites? We're not talking about whether there is a difference in the literal meaning.

And I stand by my claim that a speaker who wanted to come to Australia to argue how muslim immigrants really come here as some sinister agenda to "white ant" society and bring it down by stealth jihad - would likely be banned for hate speech.

Quote:

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #59 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:28pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
You are avoiding my question FD. Can you confirm that in terms of what constitutes hate speech you don't think there is any difference between accusing someone of white anting and comparing muslim immigrants to termites? We're not talking about whether there is a difference in the literal meaning.

And I stand by my claim that a speaker who wanted to come to Australia to argue how muslim immigrants really come here as some sinister agenda to "white ant" society and bring it down by stealth jihad - would likely be banned for hate speech.

But if an Islamist comes to Australia then they won’t be banned.

See the double-standarD.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print