Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Stop the truth, I want to get off (Read 1370 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Stop the truth, I want to get off
Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:52pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:14pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 2:53pm:
Just look at the US election as a case in point.

And you don't think that the US tries to interfere in elections in Russia?

No, Augie, I don't. The US has never hacked Putin's emails and given them to Wikileaks. It doesn't have a network of scam phishing sites and bots programmed to spread misinformation and undermine Russian erections.

Instead, what the US does is quietly record all Of Putin's data, along with that of every other leader, and keep it under lock and key, saving it for a rainy day.

The US stores metadata. Russia hacks. But what Russia does with that information is far more dangerous to national sovereignty than anything Merkel and Zuckerberg have agreed to.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #16 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:55pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:52pm:

No, Augie, I don't. The US has never hacked Putin's emails and given them to Wikileaks. It doesn't have a network of scam phishing sites and bots programmed to spread misinformation and undermine the Kremlin.

Instead, what the US does is quietly record all Putin's data and keep it under lock and key.

No, instead they send in CIA agents to work with power groups and instigate revolutions or coups.

Or, they support opposition candidates.

The exact method may not be the same, Karnal, but there is interference.

Also, if Russia did have a direct impact on the results of the presidential elections, then why hasn't the Supreme Court ordered a new election?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 7:04pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:55pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:52pm:

No, Augie, I don't. The US has never hacked Putin's emails and given them to Wikileaks. It doesn't have a network of scam phishing sites and bots programmed to spread misinformation and undermine the Kremlin.

Instead, what the US does is quietly record all Putin's data and keep it under lock and key.

No, instead they send in CIA agents to work with power groups and instigate revolutions or coups.

Or, they support opposition candidates.

The exact method may not be the same, Karnal, but there is interference.

Also, if Russia did have a direct impact on the results of the presidential elections, then why hasn't the Supreme Court ordered a new election?

That would be unprecedented, but you could never prove people were influenced to vote by stuff they read.

One thing we know, Russia funded Facebook ads in the last election, which is illegal under US electoral law.

The US does indeed do sinister things - it even spied on Merkel. I'd say a response to such foreign intervention is both right and proper.

Bias and Bogie are saying Merkel's laws are oppressing Germans' freedoms. In actual fact, they're designed to keep foreign influence out of German politics, which I think is the right thing to do. I would certainly want Russian propaganda kept out of Australian politics if Putin ever bothered with us.

You?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #18 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 7:10pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
Bias and Bogie are saying Merkel's laws are oppressing Germans' freedoms. In actual fact, they're designed to keep foreign influence out of German politics, which I think is the right thing to do. I would certainly want Russian propaganda kept out of Australian politics if Putin ever bothered with us.

You?

As far as I'm aware, the recent spate of crackdowns concern comments made about Muslims and Islam. I don't know what Bias and Bogie were saying.

I'm not sure how criticising a religion equates with Russian propaganda, unless you're implying that the AfD and other right-wing groups in Europe are being supported by Russia?

Based on what I've just said, the German laws are making a special exception for Muslims and not for any other group. This comes down to the Oppression Olympics of the Left. Muslims are seen as an oppressed minority, and therefore we must make special laws to protect them.

I disagree with this principle.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:36pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 7:10pm:

You?

As far as I'm aware, the recent spate of crackdowns concern comments made about Muslims and Islam. I don't know what Bias and Bogie were saying.

I'm not sure how criticising a religion equates with Russian propaganda, unless you're implying that the AfD and other right-wing groups in Europe are being supported by Russia?

Based on what I've just said, the German laws are making a special exception for Muslims and not for any other group. This comes down to the Oppression Olympics of the Left. Muslims are seen as an oppressed minority, and therefore we must make special laws to protect them.

Bogie and Bias are referring to fining social media sites for not blocking fake news. It's more of a threat than anything else. Facebook and Twitter have signed up.

Laws targeting racism and hate speech already exist in Germany. The allies wrote them. All parties support them.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #20 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:43pm

If they do I bet the Russian President isn't involved ?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:43pm

bogarde73 wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 11:11am:
You never address the issue do you? Banal cryptic comments is all that usually comes out.

Exactly, and that's why he has been the board's number one troller for a long time now.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #22 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 9:50pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:36pm:

You?

Bogie and Bias are referring to fining social media sites for not blocking fake news. It's more of a threat than anything else. Facebook and Twitter have signed up.

Laws targeting racism and hate speech already exist in Germany. The allies wrote them. All parties support them.

So, the fake news is solely a product of Russia? What about the fake news about Trump going off with some prostitute in Moscow, was that fake news created by Russia?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 10:59pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 9:50pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:36pm:

You?

So, the fake news is solely a product of Russia? What about the fake news about Trump going off with some prostitute in Moscow, was that fake news created by Russia?

Of course not. It was an independent report by a respected, ex-MI5 agent. The media had a duty to report this. It presented a presidential candidate who may well be the target of political blackmail by a state that has declared cyber warfare against the US. The report was commissioned by members of Trump's own party.

Details in the report have been verified by the British and American spy agencies and one source no one can ever discredit: Trump's most loyal bodyguard.

The report details, by the way, Trump hiring out the hotel room used by Obama, and getting a group of prostitutes to piss on the bed Obama slept in.

How could this possibly be fake news?

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #24 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:09am

I'm still waiting for Karnal to deny he's a Muslim.
We know he's very anti-Israel and anti-Jewish.
And we know he never condemns the Muslim atrocities occurring day after day in Europe.

He maintains the lie that I am an immigrant although I have stated many times I was born in country NSW as were many generations of my family.

Now he tells us "people like him" created the anti-Nazi laws. He must be very old. Older than Helmut Kohl maybe.

I make no secret I am opposed totally to Islam, to its invasion of Europe, to its presence in Australia and elsewhere in the western world.

Most people in Europe and an increasing number of its governments  recognise the threat which Islam poses, not Karnal though, I wonder why.
We can expect to see an even tighter lid put in the media to prevent expressions of discontent and reporting of Muslim atrocities and crime..

Are you a Muslim Karnal? Simple question.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:18am

Karnal is not a Muslim, but he strongly identifies with their victimhood status as being similar to his own delusions of persecution as an inveterate and unrehabilitated homosexual.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of thing.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 12:15pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:18am:
Karnal is not a Muslim, but he strongly identifies with their victimhood status as being similar to his own delusions of persecution as an inveterate and unrehabilitated homosexual.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of thing.

Now now, Herbie, you're a friend, dear.

Bogie, why are you only denying your immigrant status now?

What's changed for you?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print