Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: OzPol NOT in decline
Reply #30 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:41pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:24pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:46pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:38pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:14pm:
You lefties on here are no better than the righties hey Pecca and Karnal. The talk is becoming more militant because Australia is starting to suffer socially. If there weren't problems we wouldn't be getting these harsh opinions. It's a sign of the times. There was always going to be people against the social take over of a majority ethnicity and culture. What did you expect? Peaceful transition? That's hasn't happened peacefully in  one place in the world throughout human history.

Australia is not suffering socially, but that's not the point. The point I'm making here is about tolerating fellow members' opinions and discussing them on their merits without seeking to have them silenced.

Australia is doing well economically and socially. We integrate culturally, we've had no major incidents of terrorism. Unlike Europe and the US, there are no ethnic ghettoes or no-go zones. Australia is one of the safest countries in the world, and one of the most ethnically diverse.

This is a success story, but that's just my opinion as someone who lives in the most ethnically diverse parts of Australia. I've had no problems from Muslims and no problems from white supremacists. Europe has suffered the former, America the latter. Australia has not experienced these problems.

This is why you (and Gordon above) always refer to potential or hypothetical problems. Bollards are not evidence of acts of terrorism or racial division. They're preventative measures designed to manage risk.

I don't include you in the thin-skinned elitist category, Homo. While you're certainly an elitist white supremacist, to my knowledge you don't seek to ban apologists. You're not the reason the board is in decline. You are now generally happy to engage members in an open, cheerful manner. This is the sign of a civilised discussion. Over the years, you've learned.

Members like Herbie, Bogie and Sprint rarely bother. As for FD, he gave up years ago.
I love good robust discussion. What is said about me doesn't bother me at all. I'm not a white supremist Karnal. I like peoples from around the world. I just believe multiculturalsm is foolish. Humans are dangerous. That's where my opinions start.

Nice comment: I remember letting my Vietnamese neighbour borrow my bike for packs of noodles!

I used to go to his house with my friend and we’d eat these packs of noodles and one day he goes: “Do you want me to cook those... ?”

We just looked at each other and laughed like maniacal kids!

Nothing wring with other people it’s just a numbers game!

Good comment from mr hammer  Wink

We don’t owe the world our bugger8ng lives!

(Hey, dodgy spellcheck has its uses  Cheesy)

It would be a good comment if it were true, Death. Calling for someone to be removed from your proximity because of their skin colour hardly shows that you like them.

It shows that you fear them.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:55pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:33pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:51pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:45pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm:
Karnal is just trying a variation of the Rightards are taking over the forum posted not that long ago, that only took a moment to demolish when you looked at the members league of most prolific posters. 

Just more boo frigging hoo. 

This isn't about Rightards or leftards, Secret. I can think of a variety of people I disagree with who I enjoy talking to. Homo and Gordon are here in this thread. They don't seek to have me silenced or banned because I think differently to them.

You?

I have not sought to have any one banned nor do I participate in any of the polls when posted.

Bring on the feedback from the mods, my conscience is clear, though I reckon you are going to get a hell of a shock when you find out how censorious, ban happy and against fee speech many of your luvvie co travelers will be revealed to be.

Bring it on, miam miam.  Roll Eyes

Secret, all members here are my fellow travellers. You don't have to complain to the Moderators to want people silenced. I've seen plenty of your posts where you dismiss other members merely for their political persuasion.

Yes, I've read censorious posts by luvvies, but these pale in comparison to the victims. I've never seen Greggery, for example, refuse to engage or call for someone to be banned because of their political views.

Your posts betray an irritable, intolerant exclusiveness. You don't have to be a leftard or a rightard to do this, you just do. This is a tribal response to any new discussion or idea that comes your way. You don't disagree with others but fight for their right to disagree with you, you express contempt that they've dared to post here in the first place.

How very dare they?

Quite true Karnal.  I have made that same point to him but in far less expressive terms, but he will never acknowledge it.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:56pm

You don't disagree with others but fight for their right to disagree with you, you express contempt that they've dared to post here in the first place.

How very dare they?

I am sorry to have upset you Karnal, instead of expression contempt maybe I should just post contemptuous gifs of people laughing or dancing, or piles of horsepoo, that will obviously be more to your liking and approval.

And if I have nothing to say, maybe instead of saying nothing, hence my post count I should just post non-sequiturs and rubbish like miam miam, or tinted, or kill them and fill the forum with static,  like you do and hence your post count.

Or maybe I shall continue to post as I like. Free speech innit.

Any other complaints or whinges I can help you with?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:57pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:56pm:
You don't disagree with others but fight for their right to disagree with you, you express contempt that they've dared to post here in the first place.

How very dare they?

I am sorry to have upset you Karnal, instead of expression contempt maybe I should just post contemptuous gifs of people laughing or dancing, or piles of horsepoo, that will obviously be more to your liking and approval.

And if I have nothing to say, maybe instead of saying nothing, hence my post count I should just post non-sequiturs and rubbish like miam miam, or tinted, or kill them and fill the forum with static,  like you do and hence your post count.

Not from me.  Buy a mirror, Elde Fruit.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #34 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:07pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:41pm:
You lefties on here are no better than the righties hey Pecca and Karnal. The talk is becoming more militant because Australia is starting to suffer socially. If there weren't problems we wouldn't be getting these harsh opinions. It's a sign of the times. There was always going to be people against the social take over of a majority ethnicity and culture. What did you expect? Peaceful transition? That's hasn't happened peacefully in  one place in the world throughout human history.

Australia is not suffering socially, but that's not the point. The point I'm making here is about tolerating fellow members' opinions and discussing them on their merits without seeking to have them silenced.

Australia is doing well economically and socially. We integrate culturally, we've had no major incidents of terrorism. Unlike Europe and the US, there are no ethnic ghettoes or no-go zones. Australia is one of the safest countries in the world, and one of the most ethnically diverse.

This is a success story, but that's just my opinion as someone who lives in the most ethnically diverse parts of Australia. I've had no problems from Muslims and no problems from white supremacists. Europe has suffered the former, America the latter. Australia has not experienced these problems.

This is why you (and Gordon above) always refer to potential or hypothetical problems. Bollards are not evidence of acts of terrorism or racial division. They're preventative measures designed to manage risk.

I don't include you in the thin-skinned elitist category, Homo. While you're certainly an elitist white supremacist, to my knowledge you don't seek to ban apologists. You're not the reason the board is in decline. You are now generally happy to engage members in an open, cheerful manner. This is the sign of a civilised discussion. Over the years, you've learned.

Members like Herbie, Bogie and Sprint rarely bother. As for FD, he gave up years ago.
I love good robust discussion. What is said about me doesn't bother me at all. I'm not a white supremist Karnal. I like peoples from around the world. I just believe multiculturalsm is foolish. Humans are dangerous. That's where my opinions start.

Nice comment: I remember letting my Vietnamese neighbour borrow my bike for packs of noodles!

I used to go to his house with my friend and we’d eat these packs of noodles and one day he goes: “Do you want me to cook those... ?”

It would be a good comment if it were true, Death. Calling for someone to be removed from your proximity because of their skin colour hardly shows that you like them.

F u karnal: you don’t give a shitt about me!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #35 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:08pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:55pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:51pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:45pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm:
Karnal is just trying a variation of the Rightards are taking over the forum posted not that long ago, that only took a moment to demolish when you looked at the members league of most prolific posters. 

Just more boo frigging hoo. 

This isn't about Rightards or leftards, Secret. I can think of a variety of people I disagree with who I enjoy talking to. Homo and Gordon are here in this thread. They don't seek to have me silenced or banned because I think differently to them.

You?

I have not sought to have any one banned nor do I participate in any of the polls when posted.

Bring on the feedback from the mods, my conscience is clear, though I reckon you are going to get a hell of a shock when you find out how censorious, ban happy and against fee speech many of your luvvie co travelers will be revealed to be.

Bring it on, miam miam.  Roll Eyes

Secret, all members here are my fellow travellers. You don't have to complain to the Moderators to want people silenced. I've seen plenty of your posts where you dismiss other members merely for their political persuasion.

Yes, I've read censorious posts by luvvies, but these pale in comparison to the victims. I've never seen Greggery, for example, refuse to engage or call for someone to be banned because of their political views.

Your posts betray an irritable, intolerant exclusiveness. You don't have to be a leftard or a rightard to do this, you just do. This is a tribal response to any new discussion or idea that comes your way. You don't disagree with others but fight for their right to disagree with you, you express contempt that they've dared to post here in the first place.

How very dare they?

Quite true Karnal.  I have made that same point to him but in far less expressive terms, but he will never acknowledge it.

Karnal is full of it!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #36 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:09pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:57pm:

How very dare they?

Not from me.  Buy a mirror, Elde Fruit.

Does Aussie support mass immigration or not?

Cheesy

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:41pm

How very dare they?

Do you think that would help you express your point better?

I'm curious. I'm keen to hear what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:43pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:07pm:

But Death, of course I do!

And I don't care if you're tinted either - most unusual here at the mo, I know.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 7:16pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:49am:
This site has become a board for white supremacists. Ten years ago, these types were rare, and put in their place by the mainstream, including FD.

Today, they're the loudest group here. Those in the political centre now have to defend Australia from calls to do away with the most basic constitutional rights - ridiculous ideas like banning religions, detaining innocent members of these religions without trial and exiling and banning certain racial groups. Those who defend their rights are called traitors and viewed as enemies. Members like Herbie, Bogie and Sprint - all immigrants - either refuse to speak to the "traitors" or do so in a tone of hostility and aggression. You're either with them or against them, and they see any disagreement as a personal affront. They've split the board into two groups: decent "white people" and "Muslim apologists".

Traditionally, the board was loosely grouped into lefties and righties. There was always a lot of robust debate. Today, however, the white supremacists view such debate as a war. They speak in terms of war and their ultimate solution for their problems is war: war against foreigners, civil war against other citizens and the imposition of martial law.

The board is in decline because members find it increasingly difficult to engage without conflict. Nearly every thread degenerates into petty disputes after a few pages, and they do so along the lines of religious/racial conflict. The only "social glue" as members  comes from their "side" in the war, with  the white supremacists calling on the "apologists" to be banned. Essentially, they want this board to be an elitist club, where they can relish in religious and racial exclusion with total agreement. They also want to pitch the case of the "apologists" without any apologists around to disagree.

Because they regularly complain against the members they disagree with, moderators act on their behalf. If a member dares to speak back or trade abuse, the complaint goes in, the apologist is banned. Because the moderators are sick of all the complaints, they give out long bans. The white supremacists gloat. When their enemies return, they complain again, and on and on it goes.

Smiley

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #40 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:29pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:43pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:07pm:

But Death, of course I do!

And I don't care if you're tinted either - most unusual here at the mo, I know.

I apologise: I think I was drunk yesterday and for some reason thought you were having a go at me!

As Rocky would say, “....ooops!”

Embarrassed

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #41 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:32pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 7:16pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:49am:
This site has become a board for white supremacists. Ten years ago, these types were rare, and put in their place by the mainstream, including FD.

Today, they're the loudest group here. Those in the political centre now have to defend Australia from calls to do away with the most basic constitutional rights - ridiculous ideas like banning religions, detaining innocent members of these religions without trial and exiling and banning certain racial groups. Those who defend their rights are called traitors and viewed as enemies. Members like Herbie, Bogie and Sprint - all immigrants - either refuse to speak to the "traitors" or do so in a tone of hostility and aggression. You're either with them or against them, and they see any disagreement as a personal affront. They've split the board into two groups: decent "white people" and "Muslim apologists".

Traditionally, the board was loosely grouped into lefties and righties. There was always a lot of robust debate. Today, however, the white supremacists view such debate as a war. They speak in terms of war and their ultimate solution for their problems is war: war against foreigners, civil war against other citizens and the imposition of martial law.

The board is in decline because members find it increasingly difficult to engage without conflict. Nearly every thread degenerates into petty disputes after a few pages, and they do so along the lines of religious/racial conflict. The only "social glue" as members  comes from their "side" in the war, with  the white supremacists calling on the "apologists" to be banned. Essentially, they want this board to be an elitist club, where they can relish in religious and racial exclusion with total agreement. They also want to pitch the case of the "apologists" without any apologists around to disagree.

Because they regularly complain against the members they disagree with, moderators act on their behalf. If a member dares to speak back or trade abuse, the complaint goes in, the apologist is banned. Because the moderators are sick of all the complaints, they give out long bans. The white supremacists gloat. When their enemies return, they complain again, and on and on it goes.

Smiley

Karnal conveniently forgot to mention 9-11 in her synopsis of the world!

Get a brain d face!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print