Send Topic Print
OzPol NOT in decline (Read 2617 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: OzPol NOT in decline
Reply #15 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:39pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:28pm:
That would be an interesting statistic to go along with the most prolific posters contained in the members drop down.

Maybe the mods could provide a breakdown on who complains the most and asks for the most bans?

And Gregg, I dunno if he has whinged to the mods to get people banned, but he has by his own account, and if you can believe a liar, more than once, reported comments on this forum to various outside authorities.

That would certainly be an interesting statistic.  Cool

Of course, for those who don't like the modding there is an alternative forum, Aussie very kindly sent me a PM** inviting me to it, so that is an option for the weepy, the aggrieved and the perpetually offended.  Wink

I can assure you that I do my share of referrals to GMods.  Why ought I be expected to cop crap thrown at my Wife, the alleged contents of my PMs** revealed, my name, my photo, my FaceBook page and a link to a newspaper article in which I am mentioned (I'm quite surprised they found only ONE given the years I had been working in my profession) all posted here.

There is not one word posted by Karnal ^^^^^ with which I disagree.

What say you Mr Secret Wars, do people who go to the trouble of seeking out a Member's real name, their real photo, their facebook page, a newspaper article in which they are mentioned and then reveal all that personal information on this Forum deserve to be banned for life from this Forum?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm

Karnal is just trying a variation of the Rightards are taking over the forum posted not that long ago, that only took a moment to demolish when you looked at the members league of most prolific posters. 

Just more boo frigging hoo.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:22pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:18pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:14pm:
You lefties on here are no better than the righties hey Pecca and Karnal. The talk is becoming more militant because Australia is starting to suffer socially. If there weren't problems we wouldn't be getting these harsh opinions. It's a sign of the times. There was always going to be people against the social take over of a majority ethnicity and culture. What did you expect? Peaceful transition? That's hasn't happened peacefully in  one place in the world throughout human history.

"social take over"?

You're getting hysterical.

So how is it not? Australia is flooding the country with migrants , some of which are having way more kids than the indigenous majority. Anglo/Celts are losing percentage points all of the time. It's simple mathematics. In 50 years Australia is going to look very different. What country around the world would handle that peacefully?

Australia would and does, Secret. I'm an ethnic minority in my suburb, but I don't feel "displaced". If anything, I feel respected by neighbours and people serving in the shops.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:44pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:38pm:
You lefties on here are no better than the righties hey Pecca and Karnal. The talk is becoming more militant because Australia is starting to suffer socially. If there weren't problems we wouldn't be getting these harsh opinions. It's a sign of the times. There was always going to be people against the social take over of a majority ethnicity and culture. What did you expect? Peaceful transition? That's hasn't happened peacefully in  one place in the world throughout human history.

Australia is not suffering socially, but that's not the point. The point I'm making here is about tolerating fellow members' opinions and discussing them on their merits without seeking to have them silenced.

Australia is doing well economically and socially. We integrate culturally, we've had no major incidents of terrorism. Unlike Europe and the US, there are no ethnic ghettoes or no-go zones. Australia is one of the safest countries in the world, and one of the most ethnically diverse.

This is a success story, but that's just my opinion as someone who lives in the most ethnically diverse parts of Australia. I've had no problems from Muslims and no problems from white supremacists. Europe has suffered the former, America the latter. Australia has not experienced these problems.

This is why you (and Gordon above) always refer to potential or hypothetical problems. Bollards are not evidence of acts of terrorism or racial division. They're preventative measures designed to manage risk.

I don't include you in the thin-skinned elitist category, Homo. While you're certainly an elitist white supremacist, to my knowledge you don't seek to ban apologists. You're not the reason the board is in decline. You are now generally happy to engage members in an open, cheerful manner. This is the sign of a civilised discussion. Over the years, you've learned.

Members like Herbie, Bogie and Sprint rarely bother. As for FD, he gave up years ago.

Well said, again.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:45pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm:
Karnal is just trying a variation of the Rightards are taking over the forum posted not that long ago, that only took a moment to demolish when you looked at the members league of most prolific posters. 

This isn't about Rightards or leftards, Secret. I can think of a variety of people I disagree with who I enjoy talking to. Homo and Gordon are here in this thread. They don't seek to have me silenced or banned because I think differently to them.

You?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:46pm

Australia is not suffering socially, but that's not the point. The point I'm making here is about tolerating fellow members' opinions and discussing them on their merits without seeking to have them silenced.

Australia is doing well economically and socially. We integrate culturally, we've had no major incidents of terrorism. Unlike Europe and the US, there are no ethnic ghettoes or no-go zones. Australia is one of the safest countries in the world, and one of the most ethnically diverse.

This is a success story, but that's just my opinion as someone who lives in the most ethnically diverse parts of Australia. I've had no problems from Muslims and no problems from white supremacists. Europe has suffered the former, America the latter. Australia has not experienced these problems.

This is why you (and Gordon above) always refer to potential or hypothetical problems. Bollards are not evidence of acts of terrorism or racial division. They're preventative measures designed to manage risk.

I don't include you in the thin-skinned elitist category, Homo. While you're certainly an elitist white supremacist, to my knowledge you don't seek to ban apologists. You're not the reason the board is in decline. You are now generally happy to engage members in an open, cheerful manner. This is the sign of a civilised discussion. Over the years, you've learned.

Members like Herbie, Bogie and Sprint rarely bother. As for FD, he gave up years ago.
I love good robust discussion. What is said about me doesn't bother me at all. I'm not a white supremist Karnal. I like peoples from around the world. I just believe multiculturalsm is foolish. Humans are dangerous. That's where my opinions start.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:47pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:39pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:28pm:
That would be an interesting statistic to go along with the most prolific posters contained in the members drop down.

Maybe the mods could provide a breakdown on who complains the most and asks for the most bans?

And Gregg, I dunno if he has whinged to the mods to get people banned, but he has by his own account, and if you can believe a liar, more than once, reported comments on this forum to various outside authorities.

That would certainly be an interesting statistic.  Cool

Of course, for those who don't like the modding there is an alternative forum, Aussie very kindly sent me a PM** inviting me to it, so that is an option for the weepy, the aggrieved and the perpetually offended.  Wink

I can assure you that I do my share of referrals to GMods.  Why ought I be expected to cop crap thrown at my Wife, the alleged contents of my PMs** revealed, my name, my photo, my FaceBook page and a link to a newspaper article in which I am mentioned (I'm quite surprised they found only ONE given the years I had been working in my profession) all posted here.

There is not one word posted by Karnal ^^^^^ with which I disagree.

What say you Mr Secret Wars, do people who go to the trouble of seeking out a Member's real name, their real photo, their facebook page, a newspaper article in which they are mentioned and then reveal all that personal information on this Forum deserve to be banned for life from this Forum?

I say sucks to be you and I don't give a poo. You are a forum pest and contribute bugger all apart from whinging about moderation. Not content about that you whinge about other forums.

If you are not getting the support you want maybe you should take a long hard look at yourself and wonder why so many consider you an arse clown and care not a whit about your aggrievement. Maybe they like many were on the receiving end of your many bans without justification. Or at least none that you could bother to provide.

Your sandpit remember, your rules remember, no correspondence entered into.  Don't like it bugger off, remember!

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:51pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:45pm:

This isn't about Rightards or leftards, Secret. I can think of a variety of people I disagree with who I enjoy talking to. Homo and Gordon are here in this thread. They don't seek to have me silenced or banned because I think differently to them.

You?

I have not sought to have any one banned nor do I participate in any of the polls when posted.

Bring on the feedback from the mods, my conscience is clear, though I reckon you are going to get a hell of a shock when you find out how censorious, ban happy and against fee speech many of your luvvie co travelers will be revealed to be.

Bring it on, miam miam.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:53pm

Terrific and irrelevant rant about me Mr Wars.  This vvvvvv is your question.  Grow some balls and responsively answer it.

Do people who go to the trouble of seeking out a Member's real name, their real photo, their facebook page, a newspaper article in which they are mentioned and then reveal all that personal information on this Forum deserve to be banned for life from this Forum?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:59pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:53pm:
Terrific and irrelevant rant about me Mr Wars.  This vvvvvv is your question.  Grow some balls and responsively answer it.

Do people who go to the trouble of seeking out a Member's real name, their real photo, their facebook page, a newspaper article in which they are mentioned and then reveal all that personal information on this Forum deserve to be banned for life from this Forum?

You seem to have confused yourself with someone who can demand and expect answers.  Get over yourself pissant. You are an obnoxious annoying nobody on a forum, you get to demand nothing.  Smiley

Anymore questions refer to this response and my previous.  Hope that helps.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:01pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:59pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:53pm:

You seem to have confused yourself with someone who can demand and expect answers.  Get over yourself pissant. You are an obnoxious annoying nobody on a forum, you get to demand nothing.  Smiley

Anymore questions refer to this response and my previous.  Hope that helps. 

No demand made, just a simple uncomplicated question asked of you.

You have no balls.  Thought so.  All you have is an ability to make post after post abusive of Members, the very thing Karnal is referring to.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:10pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:51pm:

You?

I have not sought to have any one banned nor do I participate in any of the polls when posted.

Bring on the feedback from the mods, my conscience is clear, though I reckon you are going to get a hell of a shock when you find out how censorious, ban happy and against fee speech many of your luvvie co travelers will be revealed to be.

Thread: "Is it time for Herbert to go?"

Greg: "I don't remember anyone ever asking Herbie to leave."

Karnal: "Not at all, you should stay. You're a valued member here, we all like a jolly Herbie thread."

Barnacle: "I certainly didn't tell him to leave."

Leftwinger: "The forum needs it's bigots rednecks and racists".

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #27 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:18pm

9-11 started it, basically!

Karnal should shove those planes some places!

Cheesy

“....but it’s all about ‘equality’ and like men are all bugger*d and stuff unless etc.......”

Cheesy

Go slutwalk et al  Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #28 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:24pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:46pm:

I love good robust discussion. What is said about me doesn't bother me at all. I'm not a white supremist Karnal. I like peoples from around the world. I just believe multiculturalsm is foolish. Humans are dangerous. That's where my opinions start.

Nice comment: I remember letting my Vietnamese neighbour borrow my bike for packs of noodles!

I used to go to his house with my friend and we’d eat these packs of noodles and one day he goes: “Do you want me to cook those... ?”

We just looked at each other and laughed like maniacal kids!

Nothing wring with other people it’s just a numbers game!

Good comment from mr hammer  Wink

We don’t owe the world our bugger8ng lives!

(Hey, dodgy spellcheck has its uses  Cheesy)

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:33pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:51pm:

You?

Secret, all members here are my fellow travellers. You don't have to complain to the Moderators to want people silenced. I've seen plenty of your posts where you dismiss other members merely for their political persuasion.

Yes, I've read censorious posts by luvvies, but these pale in comparison to the victims. I've never seen Greggery, for example, refuse to engage or call for someone to be banned because of their political views.

Your posts betray an irritable, intolerant exclusiveness. You don't have to be a leftard or a rightard to do this, you just do. This is a tribal response to any new discussion or idea that comes your way. You don't disagree with others but fight for their right to disagree with you, you express contempt that they've dared to post here in the first place.

How very dare they?
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:41pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print