Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 17476 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #525 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:09pm

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #526 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:17pm

Turkey quickly becoming anti-West under Erdogan...

There could be a massive civil war in Turkey where those wanting a secular state find themselves up against the likes of Erdogan and those who want an Islamic State.

These people are not a minority bwian.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #527 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 6:38pm

So many sick individuals.

Sad sick CULT

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #528 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:13pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:00pm:
The moderates are the majority, Augie.  Did you watch "The Mosque Next Door"?   Not any extremists there but we have the Islamophobes claiming all Muslims are extremists.  Islam is to them, extremist.   Do you believe that?  I hope not, yet you appear to be acting as if it is what you believe.

You can't make this claim unless you specifically define what a moderate Muslim is. I've never claimed that all Muslims are extremists.

Terrorism in Australia has been rather unsuccessful.  Sure, we've had a series of minor attacks, with small casualty rates.   Why?  Because the moderates talk to ASIO, to the Police, they report the extremists.   They don't like them any more than the rest of us do.   Why?  Have you ever asked yourself that?  Really?

Why has Japan had no terrorist attacks in the name of Islam?? Gee, wonder why? Is that because there are as many Muslims in Japan as you can count on your finger???

It all comes down to number. The more Muslims we have immigrating, the more attacks we'll have. You'll see.

Define a "SIGNIFICANT MINORITY", Augie?  In Australian society?   1%?  2%?  5%?  10%?  25%?  49%?  Where is your evidence to support that claim?  Mmmm?

What occurs overseas is of minor significance to Australian society.   Muslims came to Australia to escape what is happening overseas.  They came here seeking a peaceful existence.   Do you think they have found it?   Think about it.   Do they deserve the persecution we see endlessly?   I don't.

Significant minority in my view is at least 15% of the population. A poll conducted in the UK showed that 60% of British Muslims believed that homosexuals should be jailed. There are plenty of other polls taken in Muslim-majority countries which support that the majority of those polled had pernicious beliefs about women and gays. So, we're being conservative here when we say 20%. Sam Harris believes that 1 in 5 Muslims hold pernicious beliefs about women and gays; BUT THEY DO NOT SUPPORT TERRORISM.

As to the question as to whether they deserve persecution in Australia? The stupidity of the question does not deserve an answer.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #529 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:19pm

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #530 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:22pm

A li'l ol' napalm on the front porch never hurt nobody.....

I always found it amazing the western journalists could capture mad jihadists mass synch-marching through a town, but the security services could never target them for a massive one-off strike while they were doing it.

Too many civilians around, you reckon?  Bad press if you off a few innocent bystanders... best leave that to the frog-marchers, who will be considered heroes for doing just that.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #531 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:22pm

Turkey - the name says it all..... though we all fliend now...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #532 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:40pm

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #533 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:46pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:13pm:
The moderates are the majority, Augie.  Did you watch "The Mosque Next Door"?   Not any extremists there but we have the Islamophobes claiming all Muslims are extremists.  Islam is to them, extremist.   Do you believe that?  I hope not, yet you appear to be acting as if it is what you believe.

You can't make this claim unless you specifically define what a moderate Muslim is. I've never claimed that all Muslims are extremists.

Yet you are increasingly acting like that is what you believe, Augie.

A moderate Muslim is one that is law abiding, has no interest in Terrorism and is well assimilated to the broader Australian community.   I am surprised you need that, anybody else automatically understands what the term "moderate Muslim" means.   You wonder why I worry about what I perceive is increasingly your Islamophobic views?   Why question what a "moderate" is?   The overwhelming majority of Muslims or any cultural group are "moderate" in their tone and their speech, Augie.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Terrorism in Australia has been rather unsuccessful.  Sure, we've had a series of minor attacks, with small casualty rates.   Why?  Because the moderates talk to ASIO, to the Police, they report the extremists.   They don't like them any more than the rest of us do.   Why?  Have you ever asked yourself that?  Really?

Why has Japan had no terrorist attacks in the name of Islam?? Gee, wonder why? Is that because there are as many Muslims in Japan as you can count on your finger???

Ah, you're buying into the Islamophobe meme that the Japanese place special controls on Muslims in their society.  As Snopes points out, that is bullshit.  The Japanese don't place any controls on Muslims in their society.  As to numbers, Wikipedia suggests your claim of "on one finger" is also an Islamophobic lie, Augie.  There are between 30,000 and 100,000 Muslims in Japan.

Quote:
It all comes down to number. The more Muslims we have immigrating, the more attacks we'll have. You'll see.

No, the more Muslims and fewer Imams who are professionally trained, the greater likelihood that young Muslims will become radicalised, Augie.   What we need are more professionally trained Imams, teaching the young the correct, moderate version of Islam, not the radical version that the radicals adhere to.

Quote:
Define a "SIGNIFICANT MINORITY", Augie?  In Australian society?   1%?  2%?  5%?  10%?  25%?  49%?  Where is your evidence to support that claim?  Mmmm?

What occurs overseas is of minor significance to Australian society.   Muslims came to Australia to escape what is happening overseas.  They came here seeking a peaceful existence.   Do you think they have found it?   Think about it.   Do they deserve the persecution we see endlessly?   I don't.

Significant minority in my view is at least 15% of the population.

So, you believe we have 15% of the Australian Muslim population who are Terrorists?  Really?  So, according to you, we have approximately 90,000 Terrorists in our society?  Really?   I wonder where they are all hiding.   Roll Eyes

And on what are you making that claim, Augie?  Who has questioned all the Australian Muslim population to discover that 15% figure?  Or are just making it up?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
A poll conducted in the UK showed that 60% of British Muslims believed that homosexuals should be jailed. There are plenty of other polls taken in Muslim-majority countries which support that the majority of those polled had pernicious beliefs about women and gays. So, we're being conservative here when we say 20%. Sam Harris believes that 1 in 5 Muslims hold pernicious beliefs about women and gays; BUT THEY DO NOT SUPPORT TERRORISM.

As to the question as to whether they deserve persecution in Australia? The stupidity of the question does not deserve an answer.

So, they are exercising their democratic rights to Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Assembly and are expressing ideas you find distasteful?

Yet you don't believe they should be persecuted.  So, then, why are you engaging in low-level persecution of Muslims, Augie?   Why, indeed?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #534 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:56pm

Argh, aye - if 9% of prison inmates are Muslims when their population ratio is only 2.9% - that means that around 45%+ of prison inmates will be Muslims if their population rate is 15%....

Argh, aye - best put 'em to work on the road chain gangs now and set a precedent.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #535 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:15pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:56pm:
Argh, aye - if 9% of prison inmates are Muslims when their population ratio is only 2.9% - that means that around 45%+ of prison inmates will be Muslims if their population rate is 15%....

Argh, aye - best put 'em to work on the road chain gangs now and set a precedent.

You have no evidence that the rate of incarceration is 9% or 1%, Graps.  Give it a rest.  You're just attempting to stir the pot and it isn't working.   Until you present firm evidence - with sources - which are checkable - you just pulling those numbers out of thin air.   Tsk, tsk.  I though better of you.  I did.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2018 at 12:30am by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #536 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 2:44pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
A tool and a fool. When lunatic jihadists can rely on imbeciles they would happily murder, to promote their lines of lies for them, it must make allan smile.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ultra-orthodox-attack-woman-at-anti-draft-demo/

If I have lied, prove I have lied about Australian Muslims.   If you can't, be man enough to apologise.   

Otherwise, piss off.  You're boring me, boy.  You resort to ad hominem arguments because you can't win.  Run along back to the playground to where all your Islamophobic mates are.   You claim you dislike all religions but thus far, you've only zeroed in on one - Islam.  Funny that, hey?   Roll Eyes

No I resort to ad hom attacks on you because you display a level of ignorance and stupidity which is rather startling. You demand proof at all turns, whilst putting forward your own baseless assertions, and declare all arguments you disagree with as baseless, because you disagree with them.
That behaviour invites ad hom, which is why you get it.
Do you get it????
Yes you do.
I am the only person here who finds you disingenuous, false, and dull as a birthday candle in a blizzard.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #537 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:15pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:56pm:

You have no evidence that the rate of incarceration is 9% of 1%, Graps.  Give it a rest.  You're just attempting to stir the pot and it isn't working.   Until you present firm evidence - with sources - which are checkable - you just pulling those numbers out of thin air.   Tsk, tsk.  I though better of you.  I did.   Roll Eyes

Now you may say the rate of incarceration of the followers of Islam in NSW is not representative of Australia as a whole but...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Australia
Quote:
Muslims are over-represented in jails in New South Wales, at 9% to 10% of the prison population, compared to less than 3% within the NSW population.[274][275]

You know how to check the reference at wiki, I'm sure.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #538 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:39pm

" well assimilated to the broader Australian community"

..... that rules out about 50% of the 50% of the population of Lakemba.  But hey - 25% is nothing, right?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #539 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:47pm

You see, Brian - we all have different viewpoints made up of different experiences and observations.... I've lived among Muslims.... seen their behaviour in the bled and in their 'new country' ghettoes.... and I speak principally of Middle Eastern Muslims here..... I can only speak to what I know from personal experience or what I can back up - as I ahve done with the 9% - from available data.

If WA, NT, Tassie and SA - all with extreme minority Muslim communities, wish to counter the claim that '9% of prison inmates are Muslims', they are welcome to add figures to the mix and we will amend that accordingly.  I've looked and they don't, but their Muslim populations are so small it is highly unlikely the figures will alter drastically.

Until then, they have no say since they choose not to say.

You can't have it both ways.  Just because the State in which YOU live may not have a 9% Muslim prison inmate population and will not reveal information to show that, doesn't mean the rest doesn't average out almost exactly with the prison population figures from the most populous and most Muslim states.

We're talking about the possibility of one or two thousand prisoners overall at most ... if at all..  in those less populated states.... so their input is statistically insignificant.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47
Send Topic Print