Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 47
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 17490 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Jan 1st, 2018 at 1:51pm

mmigrants to Australia must embrace Western values and assimilate
Rita Panahi, Herald Sun
December 20, 2017 5:30pm

There is enough crime in Australia without successive governments importing large numbers of people incapable or unwilling to respect our laws.
Elements of the Lebanese and Sudanese population continue to be over-represented in crime statistics, dramatically so in some categories.
Sudanese-born youth are more than 120 times as likely to commit an aggravated burglary, according to Victorian Crime Statistics Agency figures.
We learnt last year that two-thirds of those arrested for terrorism-related offences in Australia were from second- and third-generation Lebanese Muslim backgrounds.
And yet the mere mention of this by Immigration Minister Peter Dutton, who noted the folly of Malcolm Fraser’s “Lebanon concession”, sent the usual race-baiting malcontents into a victim-playing frenzy with predictable cries of “racism” and “xenophobia”.
Lebanese Muslim Association president Samier Dandan accused the government of having a “toxic, assimilationist, nationalist” agenda and labelled Dutton’s comments “racist”, while Fairfax feminists called for his sacking.
Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young called Dutton “a racist bigot” and Opposition Leader Bill Shorten demanded he apologise for his “ignorant stupidity” and the “disgraceful comments he made about migrants in Australia”.
The Left’s customary reaction to inconvenient yet indisputable facts is to scream “Nazi, racist, bigot, Islamophobe” in the hope of silencing opposing views.
Such smears can be an effective tool in shutting down debate but they do not change the data or the incidence of violent crime.
Figures released this year show that in 2016, one in seven Sudanese-born Victorians aged 10 to 24 was charged with a crime.
Muslims are dramatically over-represented in the prison population: 9 per cent of prisoners, including 20 per cent of maximum-security prisoners, are from Muslim backgrounds.
A remarkable figure, given only about 3 per cent of the population identify as Muslim.
The statistics mirror what we’ve seen in NSW, and present serious concerns for the criminal justice system, particularly given the growing Muslim population in Australia.
Of course, most crime in this country is committed by Australian-born offenders, given that they are the vast majority of the population. But it is the extraordinary over-representation of some groups that needs attention.
Last week, we saw hundreds of “youths of African appearance” involved in a prolonged brawl around the St Kilda foreshore. Over several hours, they were involved in assaults, thefts and property damage, and yet police failed to make an arrest.
Inspector Jason Kelly said: “Their behaviour was just totally unacceptable, and I’d call on them to come forward … before we track them down.”
Surely such obvious criminality in a public place should see scores arrested, not just a call for the culprits to come in at their leisure.
Later that same day, County Court judge Elizabeth Gaynor allowed a young offender, who was spared jail despite arming himself with a sledgehammer during terrifying jewellery store robberies that netted over $200,000, to holiday in Sudan while on bail.
The decision was made despite concerns from prosecutors that Akon Mawien, 20, was a flight risk.
Is it any wonder that people are losing faith in the justice system?
As someone who has long advocated for both Australia’s high skilled immigration intake, as well as our generous humanitarian program, I understand the damage that is done when a minority of immigrants fail to assimilate.
It goes without saying that the vast majority of migrants are proud, productive members of Australian society and many migrant communities are under-represented in crime and imprisonment rates.
New Australians are often more patriotic and protective of this country than those fortunate enough to have been born here.
For many of us, this is truly the lucky country: welcoming, tolerant, peaceful and prosperous.
But for any individual or group to successfully integrate into Australian life, there needs to be an adherence to certain non-negotiables, including respecting the law.
Assimilation is not a dirty word. It is not only desirable, but imperative for a cohesive society.
If you can’t embrace core Western values of freedom, democracy and equality, then you have no business migrating to Australia.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 1:54pm

if that was Baptists   would there be a need for concern   do you think Hammer?...

I mean we are even building special jails now to accommodate certain groups... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I wonder if God and Muhammed   have special visiting hours   so they dont meet at the gates.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 1:55pm

Oooohhhhh

Bwyannnnn will be apoplectic with rage over these facts.

Sort of blows his lies and protestations that muzzos are wonderful human beings, out of the water

DON'T IT????????
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😘

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 1:59pm

How come this journalist has access to these stats and we don't?

9% Muslims.

3% demographic.

And idiots like we have running our two-party system still want to include Muslims in the immigration quotas.

'The Fixated Persons Unit' has to be the most silly, PC, no-guts-no-balls euphemism ever invented to hide a glaring reality.

It deserves an award of some sort.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 1:59pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 1:54pm:
if that was Baptists   would there be a need for concern   do you think Hammer?...

I mean we are even building special jails now to accommodate certain groups... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I wonder if God and Muhammed   have special visiting hours   so they dont meet at the gates.

They put the Islamic call to prayer over loud speakers in NSW and Victorian jails and Pecca believes there's no problem Cods????

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:00pm

"Prisoner statistics broken down by religion are not publically available in Australia."

Grin

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:03pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:00pm:
"Prisoner statistics broken down by religion are not publically available in Australia."

Grin

It must be somewhere because she found it. I can't.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:06pm

According to the 2016 Australian Census, the combined number of people who self-identified as Muslim in Australia, from all forms of Islam, constituted 604,200 people, or 2.6% of the total Australian population, an increase of over 15% of its previous population share of 2.2% reported in the previous census 5 years

I think they may have taken over from the Aboriginal community Hammer...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I am almost sure the moment they enter jail they advise they are Muslim...... its a badge of honor isnt it? Angry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:08pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:03pm:

Grin

Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:08pm

Grin

I'd suggest she is bullshitting then, Hammer.

I wonder why do people assume that Islam promotes lawlessness?  No religion does.  All promote obeyance of the laws of the land, above their religious laws.   Criminals are criminals because of circumstance first, not because of religious belief.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:09pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:08pm:

Grin

Grin

So are you saying that the Herald Sun is lying?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:09pm

You can be sure it's officially recorded somewhere. Catering for the Muslim prisoners with Halal foods and providing them with visiting imams and suchlike would have someone inside the system counting heads.

And then university researchers and Social Workers would know how many of them there are inside.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:09pm

"Information on the numbers of Muslims in prisons is
not available through the Census ... "

Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:10pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:09pm:

Grin

Grin

Every single day, yes.

As well as every other newspaper in the country.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:16pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:09pm:

Grin

Grin

Every single day, yes.

As well as every other newspaper in the country.

Oh how convenient. You believe your Christian wife basher crap but this is fake????

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 47
Send Topic Print