Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 47
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 17815 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #495 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:33pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:37pm:
The same respect I accord Christianity?????

You don't subject Christians to the same intensity of criticism you do Muslims.  Why?  How about Jews?  Hindus?  Buddhists?   Haven't read anything from you about those religions,  I wonder why?

Quote:
Are you really THAT stupid brian???

Are you struggling with the words or the concept, I respect NO religion, and I openly condemn and ridicule them all. You may be the only person on this forum that has not picked up on that pretty damned obvious fact yet.
Not the only obvious thing you do not understand it seems.

You claim that but where is the proof?   All I read is you criticising Islam.  Funny that.   Roll Eyes

What Moz says above is pretty much my POV as I've put it forward before. Have you seen me criticising other religions? No ideology is sacrosanct. Islam is not just religious but also political as Christianity has been in the past. There is no point paying out on Christianity today for that as it's been forced to take a back seat to secular reasoning. The reason Islam gets the volume of criticism it does is because it has not. That is why you can "offend" Christians freely but it seems you don't think we should have the same rights to pillory Islam.

You have said that we cannot criticise Islam if we are not a follower of it, I'm not a follower of Christ but you have no problem with me criticising Christianity. They all deserve the taking the piss out of them and I don't care if that offends anyone, their feelings are not controllable by me.

You said to me one night, when I said I don't pick on Muslims, I pick on the ideology they hold, something like "well you would be the only one here" and I'd love for you, Greg or the other apologetics to find where I have directed my disdain at anything other than their ideology.

Why do you find it so hard to accept that some people find this ideology reprehensible and don't lay it at the feet of every person brought up brainwashed to believe it? I feel sorry for them, not hate.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #496 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:08pm

"The Quran is the actual literal Words of God."

No, it's not - it's one man's ideas of what the words of god should be, and those words were calculated to suit him first and foremost ..... God doesn't speak in books - He/She speaks in actions and not words and in the daily wonder of the Universe.  Only a man who hears voices would even suggest that god is talking to him alone as the avenue for giving out wisdom to everyone else....

God doesn't need to speak to men.... all that he has to say is already in the Universe around us.... it is written THERE and not in some lunatic's mumblings .... and all we need to do is see it and not try to interpret it to suit ourselves ......

(hello)......

If you genuinely believe that the Quran alone is somehow the actual literal words of god - there is nothing that can be done to save you, Ross...... and I will not waste argument on you any more other than to correct rampant stupidity.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #497 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:10pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:47pm:
Here's a question, Brian, which you haven't answer:

Should Nazism be accorded the same respect as Democracy??

Yes - Nazism was democratic - but the use to which that government put its democratically given powers was obscene....  see the difference...??

Nazism has its virtues..... the only real problem with it was that the Italians and the Germans and the Spaniards had first shot at it.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #498 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:46pm

You don't subject Christians to the same intensity of criticism you do Muslims.  Why?  How about Jews?  Hindus?  Buddhists?   Haven't read anything from you about those religions,  I wonder why?

Quote:

Are you struggling with the words or the concept, I respect NO religion, and I openly condemn and ridicule them all. You may be the only person on this forum that has not picked up on that pretty damned obvious fact yet.

You claim that but where is the proof?   All I read is you criticising Islam.  Funny that.   Roll Eyes

You may say you are bored with Islam etc. Brian, but your actions say the exact opposite.
It would be like me saying stupidity bores me, but I continue to engage with dullards, hoping against hope to penetrate the denseness of holding a preconceive notion on the false belief that it somehow provides you with a form of moral superiority, because you misunderstand all criticism as bigotry.

As to your contention that it is a surprise to you that I do not support christianity, as you assumed.

From an earlier post of mine about 7 pages back on this topic,

If anyone truly respects all religions, they must be pretty schizoid in my opinion. They are not all equal in stupidity and offensiveness, but they are all offensive and stupid.

Now that both answers you on my attitude towards religion, and to why Islam comes in for more criticism than other religions, at this point in time.
If this were 1936, and we were in Nazi Germany, I would be protesting loudly and stridently against the Catholic church and it's obscene clergy. It is however, 2018, and presently Islam is the clear and present danger we are confronting.

Is THAT comprehensible, even to someone with their fingers in their ears shouting la la la la la, it is all racist islamophobia????

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #499 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:53pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:06pm:

Quote:

What Moz says above is pretty much my POV as I've put it forward before. Have you seen me criticising other religions? No ideology is sacrosanct. Islam is not just religious but also political as Christianity has been in the past. There is no point paying out on Christianity today for that as it's been forced to take a back seat to secular reasoning. The reason Islam gets the volume of criticism it does is because it has not. That is why you can "offend" Christians freely but it seems you don't think we should have the same rights to pillory Islam.

You have said that we cannot criticise Islam if we are not a follower of it, I'm not a follower of Christ but you have no problem with me criticising Christianity. They all deserve the taking the piss out of them and I don't care if that offends anyone, their feelings are not controllable by me.

You said to me one night, when I said I don't pick on Muslims, I pick on the ideology they hold, something like "well you would be the only one here" and I'd love for you, Greg or the other apologetics to find where I have directed my disdain at anything other than their ideology.

Why do you find it so hard to accept that some people find this ideology reprehensible and don't lay it at the feet of every person brought up brainwashed to believe it? I feel sorry for them, not hate.

Agree Setanta. Does it amaze you, that so many find what seems relatively easy to grasp, beyond their abilities????

Anyhoo, big thumbs up, no matter what others say, at least me and thee will try and stand up for freedom of expression, speech, and thought.

PS, do you find the worst thing about standing up to the ugliness in Islam, is the vileness of those who agree with us? I wish neocon ultra right loons had not latched onto this, and just free thinking libertarians could carry the debate forward. Take care setanta

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #500 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:57am

mozzaok wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:53pm:
Setanta wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:06pm:

Quote:

Agree Setanta. Does it amaze you, that so many find what seems relatively easy to grasp, beyond their abilities????

Anyhoo, big thumbs up, no matter what others say, at least me and thee will try and stand up for freedom of expression, speech, and thought.

PS, do you find the worst thing about standing up to the ugliness in Islam, is the vileness of those who agree with us? I wish neocon ultra right loons had not latched onto this, and just free thinking libertarians could carry the debate forward. Take care setanta

I'm a bit of a leftie so yeah, I'm not happy it's become about the people rather than the ideology and it makes it that much harder to make it about the ideology when the right make it all about the people, it gives the apologists, which generally sit on my side of the fence, a moral high horse to lecture from rather than addressing the ideology itself.

edit: I'd add that if the PC lefties don't climb down from their high horses and be reasonable about the discussion, metaphorically cock blocking any discussion on Islam, the right will probably end up getting it's way and I don't see that being a good thing.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:15am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #501 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:37pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:30pm:
Auggie wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:32pm:
We're not persecuting anybody, nor do we want to. Everyone should be accorded the same respect and legal rights.

Persecution doesn't just have to be about shipping people off to concentration camps, Augie, persecution can be about the continual questioning of a religion and more importantly, it's worshippers.   Do you question Christianity as much or as often?  How about Judaism?   Buddhism?  Hinduism?  And so on and so on.   Do you think it's fair that Muslims who have committed no crimes, done nothing illegal are continually being asked what are really stupid questions about their beliefs all the time?  Really?

Quote:
So, should I accord the same respect to Democracy and as to Fascism?? Because that's what we're talking about here? We're talking about ideology.

No, we discussing a religion.  A belief system that does not rely upon facts and evidence but on belief.   Islam is not a political ideology.   It is a religion.    It is no different to Christianity or the other religions in offering instructions on how to live one's life.    Roll Eyes

All other religions would be persistently questioned if they formed the basis of violent jihad against the West. 

Islam is a religion AND a political ideology since it prescribes not only matters of your inner spiritual life but also how to organise your societies and interpersonal relationships under an Islamic caliphate. THAT is political and therefore subject to political criticism. 

Muslims are shouting 'Allahu Akhbar' when they gun down their victims or blow themselves up among shoppers and diners and teenage concert goers. . They are not shouting 'religion is the opiate of the masses', or 'bad spellers of the world, untie!'. They are acting violently from deeply religious motives.  And so that religion is subject to persistent and ongoing criticism.

As it must be.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #502 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:47pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:08pm:
"The Quran is the actual literal Words of God."
If you genuinely believe that the Quran alone is somehow the actual literal words of god - there is nothing that can be done to save you, Ross...... and I will not waste argument on you any more other than to correct rampant stupidity.

Who has said I believe that, Graps?   Trying to erect a strawman argument, hey?   As I keep pointing out, I am Agnostic/Atheistic in my views on religion.  However, I respect the idea that some people feel the need to believe in something.  Why persecute them for that?  Mmmm?   Oh, that's right, they're Muslim, right?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #503 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:56pm

Frank wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
We're not persecuting anybody, nor do we want to. Everyone should be accorded the same respect and legal rights.

Persecution doesn't just have to be about shipping people off to concentration camps, Augie, persecution can be about the continual questioning of a religion and more importantly, it's worshippers.   Do you question Christianity as much or as often?  How about Judaism?   Buddhism?  Hinduism?  And so on and so on.   Do you think it's fair that Muslims who have committed no crimes, done nothing illegal are continually being asked what are really stupid questions about their beliefs all the time?  Really?

Quote:
So, should I accord the same respect to Democracy and as to Fascism?? Because that's what we're talking about here? We're talking about ideology.

No, we discussing a religion.  A belief system that does not rely upon facts and evidence but on belief.   Islam is not a political ideology.   It is a religion.    It is no different to Christianity or the other religions in offering instructions on how to live one's life.    Roll Eyes

All other religions would be persistently questioned if they formed the basis of violent jihad against the West. 

Islam is a religion AND a political ideology since it prescribes not only matters of your inner spiritual life but also how to organise your societies and interpersonal relationships under an Islamic caliphate. THAT is political and therefore subject to political criticism. 

Muslims are shouting 'Allahu Akhbar' when they gun down their victims or blow themselves up among shoppers and diners and teenage concert goers. . They are not shouting 'religion is the opiate of the masses', or 'bad spellers of the world, untie!'. They are acting violently from deeply religious motives.  And so that religion is subject to persistent and ongoing criticism.

As it must be.

The point is, the Terrorists aren't reading your diatribes and if they did, Soren, they'd just ignore them even more.   All you're doing is attacking and alienating the very people you should be making an effort to recruit - the moderates.   Your hatred blinds you to this.  The Terrorists have won their greatest victory in your mind - they have convinced you that they represent the majority viewpoint of all Muslims when in reality they are a tiny minority.  The majority of Muslims hate them because they get killed with gay abandon by the Terrorists who want to terrify them into supporting their viewpoint.   That you cannot see that shows just how much of a closed mindset you have.   You are the exact mirror-image of the Terrorists that you claim you oppose.  The ordinary, everyday, mainstream Muslims are the victims caught between you and the Terrorists.   All they want is to be left alone, to get on with their lives.   They don't want to take over the West.   They like the West.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #504 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:59pm

Oct religions have some positive impact on the world.
Charity, support for those in need, spiritual support for people who also need some form of guidance, true or not.

Many religions have, in the past, been involved in horrendous practices.
Inquisition for one example, black Friday being another.
But these actions were several centuries ago and religions have progressed considerably into more compassionate and truly charitable entities, or more importantly, individuals have.

The CULT has had no such epithany, it has no intention of moving into the 7th century, let alone the w1st century.
It is and always will be a CULT OF DEATH.
Worshiping DEATH,  calling for the DEATH of any who dare to question it or it's twisted practices.

It refuses to allow it's followers to explore other religions on pain of death.
It refuses on pain of death to allow marriage outsiďe it's CULT.

There is nothing positive that this CULT brings anywhere it goes.
It spreads lies, disharmony, murder, crime and is the worst example of hipocracy  that there is.
It screams that it is persecuted and calls for freedom of expression.
And at the same time it demands that we all abide by it's primitive constraints.
It screams that it is unfairly criticized, and then criticizes every other true religion.
It refuses to accept our laws, stating that sharia law is the only law, and demands beheading of all who dare to question it.

This is not religion, this is a CULT OF DEATH.

9% of prisoners are muzzo, of course they are.
They live to commit crime, it's how CULTS work.
They see only themselves as right and everyone else as wrong.
Even if 97% say they are wrong.
Wrong to
Rape children in sham paedophile marriages.
Fort the WELFARE system
Refuse to accept the laws of the country who helps them and feeds them.
Destroy female genitalia for some sick purpose known only to them
Beat their wives with the blessing of their leaders
Call for murder, constantly.

CULT OF DEATH, not a religion

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #505 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:02pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:57am:
I'm a bit of a leftie so yeah, I'm not happy it's become about the people rather than the ideology and it makes it that much harder to make it about the ideology when the right make it all about the people, it gives the apologists, which generally sit on my side of the fence, a moral high horse to lecture from rather than addressing the ideology itself.

edit: I'd add that if the PC lefties don't climb down from their high horses and be reasonable about the discussion, metaphorically cock blocking any discussion on Islam, the right will probably end up getting it's way and I don't see that being a good thing.

The point is, you rarely attack the people.  Most of the right wingers here only attack the people.  They never attack the theology.  And remember this is a religion, it has no ideology as such, it just has beliefs so that makes it a theology.   Mozzie OTOH has only launched into attacks on Muslims, not on the theology.

That IMO makes him an Islamophobe.   A person who unreasonably fears all Muslims.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #506 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I see Valkie has let loose again with his Islamophobic shrieking again.   See what you lot have created - another lunatic who is ignorant and bases his hatreds on prejudice rather than facts.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #507 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:56pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:37pm:

Quote:

As it must be.

The point is, the Terrorists aren't reading your diatribes and if they did, Soren, they'd just ignore them even more.   All you're doing is attacking and alienating the very people you should be making an effort to recruit - the moderates.   Your hatred blinds you to this.  The Terrorists have won their greatest victory in your mind - they have convinced you that they represent the majority viewpoint of all Muslims when in reality they are a tiny minority.  The majority of Muslims hate them because they get killed with gay abandon by the Terrorists who want to terrify them into supporting their viewpoint.   That you cannot see that shows just how much of a closed mindset you have.   You are the exact mirror-image of the Terrorists that you claim you oppose.  The ordinary, everyday, mainstream Muslims are the victims caught between you and the Terrorists.   All they want is to be left alone, to get on with their lives.   They don't want to take over the West.   They like the West.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's  for the 'moderates' to reign in the 'terrorists', Bwian.
It's  for them to sort out Islam, not for me. Because if it was for me I'd  bar them from the West.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #508 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:21pm

A tool and a fool. When lunatic jihadists can rely on imbeciles they would happily murder, to promote their lines of lies for them, it must make allan smile.

Here is another pearl of idiocy from the man who argued for days, demanding PROOF POSITIVE, regarding the figure 9%.

The Terrorists have won their greatest victory in your mind - they have convinced you that they represent the majority viewpoint of all Muslims when in reality they are a tiny minority.

When I presented this twit with the actual statistics, actual percentages of what muslims believe and want, he was silent. It does not gel with the bad apple lie, the tiny minority guff.
Find out what these loons teach in their faith based schools, brainwashing the next generation with salafi sanctioned lies and idiocy, before you try to sell THEIR lie, that it is only a few bad apples.

Even our wonderful, liberal, free thinking Gold Logie winner, will not tell you the truth about what he believes in.

When challenged on Q&A to state his position on homosexuality, as a muslim man, he demurred, and came out with the most audacious lie about Islam that can be told.
He stated, "Islam is an ongoing conversation".

NO IT IS NOT.
According to Islam, it is the perfect, and final, unalterable, word of GOD.

That allows for NO conversation, in fact it is just about the most absolute demand for totalitarianism you could imagine.

So FLICK OFF with your tiny minority BS, you may be stupid enough to swallow that garbage, but I hope enough will recognise it's falseness.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #509 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:02pm:
Setanta wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:57am:

The point is, you rarely attack the people.  Most of the right wingers here only attack the people.  They never attack the theology.  And remember this is a religion, it has no ideology as such, it just has beliefs so that makes it a theology.   Mozzie OTOH has only launched into attacks on Muslims, not on the theology.

That IMO makes him an Islamophobe.   A person who unreasonably fears all Muslims.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

bwian bwian bwian...  you oh Dr of Divinity know as well as I do the Islam is not simply a religion...  what cornflake box did you get your Doctorate out of again?  Are you totally ignorant theologically? Do you live under a rock?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 47
Send Topic Print