Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 17471 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #480 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:07pm

Racist joke.

What is the difference between a #$%@!#$ man, and a park bench?
A park bench will support a family.

Insert whichever racial stereotype you first think of, then tell yourself you are not even a little bit racist.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #481 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I see the thread has degenerated into the usual Islamophobic bullshit.  And all 'cause I asked the question where the figure of 9% came from.   Tsk, tsk. people do get upset so easily 'round here and act so childishly.    Roll Eyes

Good grief you sanctimonious repetitious goat.

The only BS sprouted on the subject of Muslims & Islam is squarely in your court.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #482 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:41pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:36pm:
Brian says;

Mentioning what Muslims believe in, without understanding what they actually believe in, is insulting, Augie.  Prejudice exists here, in a big way, as exemplified by Yadda, Herbie, FD, Baronvert, etc.    

If we set that as the criteria, then we can never contest any issues of any religion, because the goalposts get shifted from what the official texts of their religion says, they MUST believe, to what they actually do.
This is convenient for religious loons because they can chop and change what they say to suit themselves, at any time.

I reject to allow that loophole for the religious twats of the world, and say I will go off the books, and where applicable, officially sanctioned pronouncements from accepted representatives.

Still waiting for protesters on the beach condemning people collecting shellfish to eternal damnation.
Do that or stop picking on gay people, or edit your silly bloody books.

That's exactly what people of the mindset of Bwian & Peccar et al want. To shut the conversation/debate/discussion down.

They major in the qualification of being terminally offended, apologists & self loathing race haters.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #483 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:41pm

double up

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #484 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:29pm

Brian says;

Mentioning what Muslims believe in, without understanding what they actually believe in, is insulting, Augie.  Prejudice exists here, in a big way, as exemplified by Yadda, Herbie, FD, Baronvert, etc.    

If we set that as the criteria, then we can never contest any issues of any religion, because the goalposts get shifted from what the official texts of their religion says, they MUST believe, to what they actually do.
This is convenient for religious loons because they can chop and change what they say to suit themselves, at any time.

I reject to allow that loophole for the religious twats of the world, and say I will go off the books, and where applicable, officially sanctioned pronouncements from accepted representatives.

Still waiting for protesters on the beach condemning people collecting shellfish to eternal damnation.

All I can suggest is that you aren't interested in fairness, you're just interested in persecuting people because they follow a different religion to what you consider acceptable.

When you accord the same respect you appear to, to Christianity, to Islam, you might have a case.  That you want to condemn people not because of what they believe but what you believe they believe is reprehensible.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #485 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:29pm:
Brian says;

All I can suggest is that you aren't interested in fairness, you're just interested in persecuting people because they follow a different religion to what you consider acceptable.

When you accord the same respect you appear to, to Christianity, to Islam, you might have a case.  That you want to condemn people not because of what they believe but what you believe they believe is reprehensible.    Roll Eyes

We're not persecuting anybody, nor do we want to. Everyone should be accorded the same respect and legal rights.

So, should I accord the same respect to Democracy and as to Fascism?? Because that's what we're talking about here? We're talking about ideology.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #486 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:37pm

Brian says;

The same respect I accord Christianity?????

Are you really THAT stupid brian???

Are you struggling with the words or the concept, I respect NO religion, and I openly condemn and ridicule them all. You may be the only person on this forum that has not picked up on that pretty damned obvious fact yet.
Not the only obvious thing you do not understand it seems.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #487 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:46pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:52pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:31pm:
How do you know, Augie?   "Oh, the Bible tells me!"  Yeah, guess who cleaned up the Testaments and the accounts of Jesus's life?   The Church.  Who made his mother semi-divine?  The Church.  Who created the "Holy Ghost"?  The Church.   Starting to see a pattern here, yet?

Can you provide contrary evidence that shows that Jesus had a harem of women??

How can I?  He didn't exist.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Who said that, Augie?  Oh, that's right the people in charge of JC's PR - the Church.  Funny that, hey?

No, that's based on my opinion about him.

And that is based on?

Quote:
Where is your proof, Augie?   Where are the documents that prove he existed?  Mmmm?

Most historians agree that he existed. Are you going on a path of historical revisionism now?

"Most historians"?   No historian has documentary evidence that Christ existed.   No historian worth their salt goes any where near JC because of that.   We have, as I have pointed out, one source - The Bible.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Just as Christians believe The Bible is divinely inspired and eternal, Augie.   Lots of similarities, despite all the evidence for both religions the accounts of the Founders were "doctored" to make them seem better than they necessarily were.

Divinely-inspired is very different from the 'eternal and absolute Word of God'.

Really?   Both come from God...    Roll Eyes

Let us see.  Tell me, how does this read, Augie?   Seems to me to be criticising Muslims.  What do you think?

I am criticizing the doctrine of Islam, not Muslims.
[/quote]

Really?  Funny how it is directed against Muslims, Augie...   Roll Eyes

Here's a question: does the New Testament condone wife-beating?? And don't quote me the 'wives, submit yourself to your husbands...'
[/quote]

The Bible does not prohibit husbands from beating their wives, Augie.  In fact, it appears to accept it as normal behaviour.   There are numerous passages within the Bible which are as bad if not worse than the "wives, submit yourself to your husbands" (Eph 5:22-25).  Colossians 3:18 echoes that sentiment "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."  All suggest that women are subservient to men.

Quote:
Tell me, do you tell anti-Semitic jokes as well?   You know, the ones about sending them off to death camps?   

No, I do not. Do you?

No, I do not.  Nor do I tell jokes about Christians or Muslims.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #488 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:57pm

Brian says;

To you any criticism of Islam is 'persecution'.

Shut up, your point is idiotic. Make a better argument or Forf. Stupid bint.

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:30pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #489 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:30pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:32pm:
We're not persecuting anybody, nor do we want to. Everyone should be accorded the same respect and legal rights.

Persecution doesn't just have to be about shipping people off to concentration camps, Augie, persecution can be about the continual questioning of a religion and more importantly, it's worshippers.   Do you question Christianity as much or as often?  How about Judaism?   Buddhism?  Hinduism?  And so on and so on.   Do you think it's fair that Muslims who have committed no crimes, done nothing illegal are continually being asked what are really stupid questions about their beliefs all the time?  Really?

Quote:
So, should I accord the same respect to Democracy and as to Fascism?? Because that's what we're talking about here? We're talking about ideology.

No, we discussing a religion.  A belief system that does not rely upon facts and evidence but on belief.   Islam is not a political ideology.   It is a religion.    It is no different to Christianity or the other religions in offering instructions on how to live one's life.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #490 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:33pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:37pm:

You don't subject Christians to the same intensity of criticism you do Muslims.  Why?  How about Jews?  Hindus?  Buddhists?   Haven't read anything from you about those religions,  I wonder why?

Quote:

Are you struggling with the words or the concept, I respect NO religion, and I openly condemn and ridicule them all. You may be the only person on this forum that has not picked up on that pretty damned obvious fact yet.

You claim that but where is the proof?   All I read is you criticising Islam.  Funny that.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #491 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:30pm:
Do you think it's fair that Muslims who have committed no crimes, done nothing illegal are continually being asked what are really stupid questions about their beliefs all the time?  Really?

I don't think that's unfair to ask questions. Shouldn't we know what people belief? It's true that many Muslims may not do anything but may support terrorism or terrorist organisations. I'm not saying that all Muslims are closet-terrorists, but in today's environment, it's certainly rational. Would it have been wrong to do the same in the 1930s when the Nazis were in power?

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:30pm:
No, we discussing a religion.  A belief system that does not rely upon facts and evidence but on belief.   Islam is not a political ideology.   It is a religion.    It is no different to Christianity or the other religions in offering instructions on how to live one's life.   

This is where you're wrong: Islam is a political ideology as well as a religion. It is total in its belief. It governs all factors of society. To deny this is to deny reality. Christianity is not a political religion, nor has it been; 'render unto Caesar what is Caesar's...'

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
And that is based on?

Based on my own opinion.

No historian has documentary evidence that Christ existed.   No historian worth their salt goes any where near JC because of that.   We have, as I have pointed out, one source - The Bible.   

Most historians agreed that he lived. I didn't say anything about evidence. You'll have to ask them.

Really?   Both come from God...   

There's a huge difference, Brian. The Quran is the actual literal Words of God. The Bible even the Tanakh were written by various authors over a period of time. They might have been divinely-inspired, but this is quite different, as you're smart enough to realize.

The Bible does not prohibit husbands from beating their wives, Augie.  In fact, it appears to accept it as normal behaviour.   There are numerous passages within the Bible which are as bad if not worse than the "wives, submit yourself to your husbands" (Eph 5:22-25).  Colossians 3:18 echoes that sentiment "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."  All suggest that women are subservient to men.

Being subservient does not mean permission to hit a person, nor does it equate to a direct command from God. Come on, stop virtue-signalling and get with reality.

No, I do not.  Nor do I tell jokes about Christians or Muslims.   

I've told jokes about Christianity many times: the fact that Jesus rose from the death by flesh is absurd; or the fact that the Holy Spirit descends upon people... Haha... What a joke.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #492 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:47pm

Here's a question, Brian, which you haven't answer:

Should Nazism be accorded the same respect as Democracy??

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #493 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:57pm

Use of the term 'persecution' to cover the fact that most of it is only in the 'feelings' of those 'persecuted' is not a valid way to discuss issues.

I've asked before - HOW exactly are Muslims persecuted here in Australia?

Throwing a pig's head on a mosque site is an insult - not persecution.

Methinks that the over-use of hyperbole to describe often mundane acts of idiocy has muddied the waters too much over the past forty years...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #494 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:33pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:37pm:

You don't subject Christians to the same intensity of criticism you do Muslims.  Why?  How about Jews?  Hindus?  Buddhists?   Haven't read anything from you about those religions,  I wonder why?

Quote:

You claim that but where is the proof?   All I read is you criticising Islam.  Funny that.   Roll Eyes

Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists in the main do not create the need for scrutiny.  Not many genuine adherents to any of those religions engage in violent crime - they belong to an ethnic group, not a religious group.

HOWEVER... some Muslims commit and/or plan crimes in the name of their religion........ and make a point of publicly offering violence to any who do not accept their way 100%.

What's not to scrutinise?

Do you imagine tht rabid Christian anti-abortionists are not under scrutiny?  does that equate to their being 'persecuted'?

Do you imagine that Buddhist type criminals are not under scrutiny?  Jews?  Etc, etc, etc...

What makes it different for Muslims, with a proven track record of some terrible deeds, so special they should not be scrutinised when planning or carrying out crimes?

Because they feel they are being victimised because they are not allowed to carry out crimes?

Talk about children....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47
Send Topic Print