Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 17473 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #465 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:06pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:35pm:
so BRIAN wrote;

To criticise an ideology?  No, as long as your criticism does not concentrate on religion.

Are you freakin serious?
Why the hell should religion be immune to criticism?
Nothing in the history of the world is more deserving of criticism than religion you silly sausage.
No religion is more deserving of criticism than Islam.

The more someone is offended by their religion being criticised, the more they deserve to be criticised, because that means they take the ridiculous guff seriously. The more seriously they believe the idiocy,the more dangerous they are.

Simple, straight forward, and demonstrably true.
If you have doubts check the last thousand years of history.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #466 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:12am

Auggie wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
Yet you rabbit on about "Jihad" and how it is devoted to "offensive war", Augie.  See the point I am making?  It all depends on context.  The Israelis, the Egyptians and the Syrians were talking about attacking them.  In reality the Egyptians were taking the batteries out of their tanks and keeping their aircraft on the ground because of approaching holidays.   The Israelis caught them flat-footed.   They destroyed most of their aircraft and carved through their army like a knife through butter...   

Mmm, problem is that Islamic theology teaches that the Quran is eternal and absolute. Many Muslims believe this; as well as the fact that they believe Muhammad to be the best example of a human being.

Let me ask you: do you think he's a great example of a human being? I mean he had many wives and concubines to satisfy his Karnal desires. Jesus probably never even kissed a girl.

Mary Magdalene might differ about that, Augie.   Mary might also differ about it.

Mohammed was a man.  If Jesus existed, he was also a man.   Men are subject to the foibles and the failings of men.

When you have proof that Jesus actually existed and that he was actually the "son of God", get back to me.  I'm an agnostic/atheist.   

Quote:
If you make claims which are bullshit, that is bad. 

So, quoting from scripture and positing a doctrine about that scripture is bad. Here's a question: WHAT IF ISLAM ACTUALLY TEACHES OFFENSIVE WARFARE?

You have proof of that, Augie?  Real, substantial proof?   If so, present it.   Lets examine it, shall we?   Christianity also, BTW, teaches "Offensive Warfare", you realise?   The Church(es) have actively engaged in it.

Quote:
It's like suggesting all Jews are "money-grubbing, cheating bastards!"  Or all Christians are "money-grubbing, cheating bastards!

Making claims about people and making a claim about religion are two different things. I've never said that (all) Muslims are terrorists; I said that a significant minority of them support terrorism and the doctrine of Offensive Jihad. It's like saying that a significant minority of people in America supported the second Iraq War.

The thing is, people who criticise religion rare limit their discussion to theology.  Invariably they include their views about the believers.   "Jews killed Christ, lets kill the Jews!"   "Jews eat Christian babies, lets kill the Jews!"   If you want to talk about Islam, talk about Islam.  However, don't try and claim that the Muslims are "all bastards" when they aren't.

Quote:
Base it on genuine knowledge (or a lack of it, in a genuine question) and it's OK.   Insult people and you get back what you say.

I have never insulted a Muslim person on this forum. Questioning what a person believes is not insulting them.

Mentioning what Muslims believe in, without understanding what they actually believe in, is insulting, Augie.  Prejudice exists here, in a big way, as exemplified by Yadda, Herbie, FD, Baronvert, etc.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #467 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:22am

Grendel wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:35pm:
So bwian considering you talk out your ass regularly what is your issue?

Go do some research yourself instead of avoiding it.

8% Victoria
9% NSW...

there ya go a head start for you

You can check for me if Supermax is holding 25% at the moment.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #468 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:42am

so BRIAN wrote;

To criticise an ideology?  No, as long as your criticism does not concentrate on religion.

Are you freakin serious?
Nothing in the history of the world is more deserving of criticism than religion you silly sausage.

The more someone is offended by their religion being criticised, the more they deserve to be criticised, because that means they take the ridiculous guff seriously. The more seriously they believe the idiocy,the more dangerous they are.

The same people who refuse to follow that line happily criticise Christianity for all of its sins over the past fifteen hundred years or so... but if it's a non-primarily Western religion it's all right to continue the same sins today and forever into the future, lest you become a 'racist' or an 'Islamophobe' or something.

What utter nonsense.  If you don't like the predominant religion and culture of the nation that took you in, go home.

I say no more Muslim immigration - enough is enough - even the amount of argument and dispute it has created is sufficient reason to cease the dis-harmony of the good ship Australia.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #469 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:56am

Moohummad, emphasis on MAD was and always will be.
A self confessed paedophile
A sociopath
A sick twisted traitor to the human race
A liar, (or did he really see the sun set in a muddy hole)

This sick CULT worships this twisted feaces of a human being

This CULT  deserves nothing but elimination and removal from humanity.

This CULT is a disease, full of twisted individuals and worshipped by sociopath sichophant sympathisers who are equally if not more retarded and twisted than it's followers.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #470 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:20pm

Nah - Jesus said we were all the sons and daughters of god.... not that he was anything special.

Amazing how people revere as a god someone who was merely an enlightened teacher.... enlightened unlike.... say.... Mahomed.... but then we only have the word of the Church for that anyway, and they assembled the stories five hundred years later.

Jesus was alleged to be of the House of David with a claim to the throne of Israel - held by another - and was developing a following - and like many such, was removed from the scene by the incumbent..... another Young Pretender bites the dust through some trumped-up charge and a show trial - Stalin would be proud.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:38pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #471 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:25pm

Really?
We are discussing jesus and his life and times etc...  in a thread about Muslims in Australian prisons today?
Really?????? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #472 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:25pm

Valkie wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:56am:
Moohummad, emphasis on MAD was and always will be.
A self confessed paedophile
A sociopath
A sick twisted traitor to the human race
A liar, (or did he really see the sun set in a muddy hole)

This sick CULT worships this twisted feaces of a human being

This CULT  deserves nothing but elimination and removal from humanity.

This CULT is a disease, full of twisted individuals and worshipped by sociopath sichophant sympathisers who are equally if not more retarded and twisted than it's followers.

Do you believe everything you read, in every book Valkie?

I'm curious.

Does Harry Potter really exist?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #473 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:45pm

Muslims are all bastards..... they eat babies and they crucified Mohamed by throwing him off a roof... they just covered the whole thing up.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #474 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 4:02pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I see the thread has degenerated into the usual Islamophobic bullshit.  And all 'cause I asked the question where the figure of 9% came from.   Tsk, tsk. people do get upset so easily 'round here and act so childishly.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #475 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 4:07pm

so BRIAN wrote;

Are you freakin serious?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Appears someone doesn't understand the difference between genuine criticism and insults.   By all means, criticise the theology of any religion.  Just don't ascribe to the believers ridiculous and stupid claims which are not supported by factual evidence.   All too often, the Islamophobes here undertake the latter and ignore the former.   Are you one?   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #476 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:12am:
Mary Magdalene might differ about that, Augie.   Mary might also differ about it.

Even if Jesus and Mary were together, he was with one woman - hardly inappropriate and not comparable to Muhammad's sexual appetite.

Mohammed was a man.  If Jesus existed, he was also a man.   Men are subject to the foibles and the failings of men.

That's what made Jesus special as a human being; he was not subject to such foibles.

When you have proof that Jesus actually existed and that he was actually the "son of God", get back to me.  I'm an agnostic/atheist.   

I believe that Jesus existed but don't believe he was the Son of God. I'm an Agnostic/Atheist too.

You have proof of that, Augie?  Real, substantial proof?   If so, present it.   Lets examine it, shall we?   Christianity also, BTW, teaches "Offensive Warfare", you realise?   The Church(es) have actively engaged in it.

As I've said before, Muhammad was engaging in pre-emptive warfare. He took offensive action to secure the needs of his community. He 'perceived' certain threats and eliminate them. At the time of his death, he had united the Arabian peninsula. It would be logically to assume  that the Muslim community had been secured at that time.

The other issue is that many Muslims don't see the religion in this way; they see as eternal and perfect for all time. So, when it says 'kill them wherever you find them...' people believe it's eternal.

The thing is, people who criticise religion rare limit their discussion to theology.  Invariably they include their views about the believers.   "Jews killed Christ, lets kill the Jews!"   "Jews eat Christian babies, lets kill the Jews!"   If you want to talk about Islam, talk about Islam.  However, don't try and claim that the Muslims are "all bastards" when they aren't.

I've never made any such claims about people. I have only ever criticised the religion of Islam and also Islamism. That is not an indictment on Muslims.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #477 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:31pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:29pm:

Even if Jesus and Mary were together, he was with one woman - hardly inappropriate and not comparable to Muhammad's sexual appetite.

How do you know, Augie?   "Oh, the Bible tells me!"  Yeah, guess who cleaned up the Testaments and the accounts of Jesus's life?   The Church.  Who made his mother semi-divine?  The Church.  Who created the "Holy Ghost"?  The Church.   Starting to see a pattern here, yet?

Quote:

That's what made Jesus special as a human being; he was not subject to such foibles.

Who said that, Augie?  Oh, that's right the people in charge of JC's PR - the Church.  Funny that, hey?

Quote:

I believe that Jesus existed but don't believe he was the Son of God. I'm an Agnostic/Atheist too.

Where is your proof, Augie?   Where are the documents that prove he existed?  Mmmm?

Quote:

As I've said before, Muhammad was engaging in pre-emptive warfare. He took offensive action to secure the needs of his community. He 'perceived' certain threats and eliminate them. At the time of his death, he had united the Arabian peninsula. It would be logically to assume  that the Muslim community had been secured at that time.

The other issue is that many Muslims don't see the religion in this way; they see as eternal and perfect for all time. So, when it says 'kill them wherever you find them...' people believe it's eternal.

Just as Christians believe The Bible is divinely inspired and eternal, Augie.   Lots of similarities, despite all the evidence for both religions the accounts of the Founders were "doctored" to make them seem better than they necessarily were.

I've never made any such claims about people. I have only ever criticised the religion of Islam and also Islamism. That is not an indictment on Muslims. [/quote]

Let us see.  Tell me, how does this read, Augie?   Seems to me to be criticising Muslims.  What do you think?

Tell me, do you tell anti-Semitic jokes as well?   You know, the ones about sending them off to death camps?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #478 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:36pm

Brian says;

Mentioning what Muslims believe in, without understanding what they actually believe in, is insulting, Augie.  Prejudice exists here, in a big way, as exemplified by Yadda, Herbie, FD, Baronvert, etc.    

If we set that as the criteria, then we can never contest any issues of any religion, because the goalposts get shifted from what the official texts of their religion says, they MUST believe, to what they actually do.
This is convenient for religious loons because they can chop and change what they say to suit themselves, at any time.

I reject to allow that loophole for the religious twats of the world, and say I will go off the books, and where applicable, officially sanctioned pronouncements from accepted representatives.

Still waiting for protesters on the beach condemning people collecting shellfish to eternal damnation.
Do that or stop picking on gay people, or edit your silly bloody books.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #479 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:31pm:
How do you know, Augie?   "Oh, the Bible tells me!"  Yeah, guess who cleaned up the Testaments and the accounts of Jesus's life?   The Church.  Who made his mother semi-divine?  The Church.  Who created the "Holy Ghost"?  The Church.   Starting to see a pattern here, yet?

Can you provide contrary evidence that shows that Jesus had a harem of women??

Who said that, Augie?  Oh, that's right the people in charge of JC's PR - the Church.  Funny that, hey?

No, that's based on my opinion about him.

Where is your proof, Augie?   Where are the documents that prove he existed?  Mmmm?

Most historians agree that he existed. Are you going on a path of historical revisionism now?

Just as Christians believe The Bible is divinely inspired and eternal, Augie.   Lots of similarities, despite all the evidence for both religions the accounts of the Founders were "doctored" to make them seem better than they necessarily were.

Divinely-inspired is very different from the 'eternal and absolute Word of God'.

Let us see.  Tell me, how does this read, Augie?   Seems to me to be criticising Muslims.  What do you think?

I am criticizing the doctrine of Islam, not Muslims.

Here's a question: does the New Testament condone wife-beating?? And don't quote me the 'wives, submit yourself to your husbands...'

Tell me, do you tell anti-Semitic jokes as well?   You know, the ones about sending them off to death camps?   

No, I do not. Do you?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47
Send Topic Print