Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 47
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 17488 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #450 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:56pm

This board is becoming a catch-all....... good fun though...

Oh... from the best available information.... 9% of all Australian prison inmates are Muslims...

Now that we've settled that - what are we going to do about it? 

. Hang ten a day until that percentage equals their representation in the community at 2.9%?

. Build up the Muslim community until it equals 9% of the population? 

. Make special rules for Muslims to exempt them from Australian and State laws?

. Create special enclaves for them where Sharia law is the law of the land?

. Declare parts of Australia to be Muslim exclusive areas?

. Deport the lot to cure the problem?

. Use zero tolerance against them and lock them all up for any infringement?

Umm......lock in..... arrrr... lock in... I'll get there, Eddy... lock in.......ummmmm....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #451 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
As does every word, Augie.  You have to first prove that you're talking about martial "Jihad".  I've seen endless arguments about an Arab who said that he was going to make "Street's use of something that resembled Arabic when the word was turned on it's side to mean "Allah" as a Jihad."   Americans immediately assumed it meant he was going to blow the local Street's factory up.   

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Again, it all depends as you note, the circumstance.

Tell me, does the Israelis' waging of pre-emptive war in 1967 mean that all Jews are thirsty war mongers?

No doubt that the Jewish establishment are Zionists and are committed to preserving the state of Israel; just as Muhammad was committed to preserving the Islamic state and/or society. In that sense they're both as war mongering as each other.

Oh, things which you don't want mentioned now, I suspect so I won't mention them.

Then why raise it?

To criticise an ideology?  No, as long as your criticism does not concentrate on religion.

As for Australia?  Let it rip is what I say.  Americans talk a very dim view of criticism of their nation and it's policies for some reason and automatically label it, "anti-Americanism".   Australians look at criticism and either answer it or ignore it, for the most part.

So, religion gets a special pass from scrutiny? Why? Religion is a set of ideas like anything else.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #452 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:29pm

Turn

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #453 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:30pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:56pm:

Oh... from the best available information.... 9% of all Australian prison inmates are Muslims...

. Hang ten a day until that percentage equals their representation in the community at 2.9%?

Umm......lock in..... arrrr... lock in... I'll get there, Eddy... lock in.......ummmmm....

Where does the 9% figure come from. Graps.  Not settled.  Not settled at all.  Until you provide a source which we can all check, you seem to be pulling this from your posterior...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #454 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:35pm

So bwian considering you talk out your ass regularly what is your issue?

Go do some research yourself instead of avoiding it.

8% Victoria
9% NSW...

there ya go a head start for you

You can check for me if Supermax is holding 25% at the moment.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #455 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:16pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:33pm:
No doubt that the Jewish establishment are Zionists and are committed to preserving the state of Israel; just as Muhammad was committed to preserving the Islamic state and/or society. In that sense they're both as war mongering as each other.

Yet you rabbit on about "Jihad" and how it is devoted to "offensive war", Augie.  See the point I am making?  It all depends on context.  The Israelis, the Egyptians and the Syrians were talking about attacking them.  In reality the Egyptians were taking the batteries out of their tanks and keeping their aircraft on the ground because of approaching holidays.   The Israelis caught them flat-footed.   They destroyed most of their aircraft and carved through their army like a knife through butter...    Roll Eyes

To criticise an ideology?  No, as long as your criticism does not concentrate on religion.

As for Australia?  Let it rip is what I say.  Americans talk a very dim view of criticism of their nation and it's policies for some reason and automatically label it, "anti-Americanism".   Australians look at criticism and either answer it or ignore it, for the most part.

So, religion gets a special pass from scrutiny? Why? Religion is a set of ideas like anything else.
[/quote]

It all depends on how the criticism is set, Augie.

If you ask questions about the religion, that is fine.  If you make claims which are bullshit, that is bad.  It's like suggesting all Jews are "money-grubbing, cheating bastards!"  Or all Christians are "money-grubbing, cheating bastards!"   Base your criticism on prejudice and it's rude.   Base it on genuine knowledge (or a lack of it, in a genuine question) and it's OK.   Insult people and you get back what you say.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #456 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:27pm

Why not criticise religious ideologies like Islam?  What is sso delicate or sacred about Islam that it must not be criticised as a religion or as an ideology or both? 

And why don't Muslims in Australia assimilate enough to answer their critics?

If there were no Muslims in Australia nobody would talk about them so much. But because they are here, terrorism is committed in Islam's name and it';s devotees go around blaming their host countries for marking them apart from them and for attracting Islamic terrorism.

Absurd.

The great lie of terrorism is to present murderous rage as an expression of a legitimate grievance. Previous Islamic extremist atrocities have been highly symbolic, such as the World Trade Centre and Pentagon attacks, directed at so-called Western decadence, as with the Bali massacre or the tourist attacks in Africa, specifically targeted towards transport infrastructure as in London and Madrid, or framed as a response against a perceived offence, as were the Charlie Hebdo killings.

It is all a grotesque lie, as the weekend has shown: People killed randomly at a restaurant or a concert or a football game. People killed for no other reason than that they were there. That they dared to exist.

Yet were this not sickening enough, we now have to deal with the suggestion that we ourselves, Western society, are the true cause of such atrocities, a nauseating argument that has once more been rolled out before the mourners have even buried their dead.

The usual excuses for terrorism are made. That it’s the West’s fault for invading Iraq, even though 9/11 took place a year and a half before the invasion. That it’s the West’s fault for supporting Israel, even though less than a year ago France infuriated Israel by voting to recognise the Palestinian state. That it’s caused by Islamophobia, even though the same people tell us that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #457 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:01pm

I am surprised, Soren.  You, quoting Joe Hildebrand?  Really?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

When you get serious and stop using insulting, argumentum ad hominem, we can talk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #458 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
Yet you rabbit on about "Jihad" and how it is devoted to "offensive war", Augie.  See the point I am making?  It all depends on context.  The Israelis, the Egyptians and the Syrians were talking about attacking them.  In reality the Egyptians were taking the batteries out of their tanks and keeping their aircraft on the ground because of approaching holidays.   The Israelis caught them flat-footed.   They destroyed most of their aircraft and carved through their army like a knife through butter...   

Mmm, problem is that Islamic theology teaches that the Quran is eternal and absolute. Many Muslims believe this; as well as the fact that they believe Muhammad to be the best example of a human being.

Let me ask you: do you think he's a great example of a human being? I mean he had many wives and concubines to satisfy his Karnal desires. Jesus probably never even kissed a girl.

If you make claims which are bullshit, that is bad. 

So, quoting from scripture and positing a doctrine about that scripture is bad. Here's a question: WHAT IF ISLAM ACTUALLY TEACHES OFFENSIVE WARFARE?

It's like suggesting all Jews are "money-grubbing, cheating bastards!"  Or all Christians are "money-grubbing, cheating bastards!

Making claims about people and making a claim about religion are two different things. I've never said that (all) Muslims are terrorists; I said that a significant minority of them support terrorism and the doctrine of Offensive Jihad. It's like saying that a significant minority of people in America supported the second Iraq War.

Base it on genuine knowledge (or a lack of it, in a genuine question) and it's OK.   Insult people and you get back what you say.

I have never insulted a Muslim person on this forum. Questioning what a person believes is not insulting them.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #459 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:56pm:

Where does the 9% figure come from. Graps.  Not settled.  Not settled at all.  Until you provide a source which we can all check, you seem to be pulling this from your posterior...   Roll Eyes

It's the same thing as the "85% of Australians support Multiculturalism" wheeze.

Anyway, the link to that claim has been posted many times. It's from a UniSA report.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #460 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
I am surprised, Soren.  You, quoting Joe Hildebrand?  Really?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

When you get serious and stop using insulting, argumentum ad hominem, we can talk.    Roll Eyes

Why is his opinion any less valuable than yours, Bwian?

(He's not Jewish, you know...)

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #461 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:09pm

Far from condemning the terrorists, the Grand Mufti and National Imams Council’s statement appeared to condemn the nation for not bending to their will.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #462 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:15pm

If you ask questions about the religion, that is fine.  If you make claims which are bullshit, that is bad.

Well, just on that - what do you make of the Koran's claims about Christianity and Judaism??  A massive load of bullshit.

Is that the Koranic, Islamic  'persecution of Christians and Jews as you understand persecution, Bwian?? 

Yes.

And SO there you are, once again, shown up as liar, a fantasist and spineless and unmoored apologist.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #463 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:19pm

oh bwian, who's being a total hypocrite eh...? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #464 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:35pm

so BRIAN wrote;

Are you freakin serious?
Why the hell should religion be immune to criticism?
Nothing in the history of the world is more deserving of criticism than religion you silly sausage.
No religion is more deserving of criticism than Islam.

The more someone is offended by their religion being criticised, the more they deserve to be criticised, because that means they take the ridiculous guff seriously. The more seriously they believe the idiocy,the more dangerous they are.

Simple, straight forward, and demonstrably true.
If you have doubts check the last thousand years of history.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 47
Send Topic Print