Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 47
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 17748 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #435 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:53pm

Bertie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 9:32pm:
Bertie wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 8:58pm:
And they do not change or evolve when they migrate to the West.

I must tell my friends from my Army days.  I must tell the Muslims I work with.  I must tell my neighbours.  "Word is, you never change or evolve, when you migrated to the West..."   Sorry, Agatha, who claims that?  You?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Were they sharia-observant Muslims before they arrived here and then became apostates? Or were they apostates already when they came to Australia? Did they change on arrival or were they already changed apostates when they decided to leave their Muslim countries?

Ask them.

Why, Agatha?

They described themselves to me as "Muslims".   Some were more observant than others.   Unlike you, I don't try and classify people...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #436 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:49pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
rue Islamophobe it seems.  Tsk, tsk, one does not supplant the o

I never said 'supplant' Brian. Read what I said again.

Christianity teaches "Just War" is acceptable, Augie.  Are you denying what the Church(es) teaches to it's believers?  Really?   

It has a long, bloody, history of forcing conversions on subject people from the Spanish through Indians.  Our own Indigenous peoples were given no choice in the matter.   Tsk, tsk.   

Just War is not a Christian doctrine: Jesus never prescribed it nor does the NT. Sure, people have used Christianity to justify all sorts of terrible things; but Christianity does not teach these things.

Islam does teach them. This doesn't mean that all Muslims subscribe to them.

We only have on version of his life, Augie - that in The Bible.  How true do you think it's tales are?   Christ more than likely never existed nor did the things claimed for him.   You appear to believe in fairy tales.  Tsk, tsk.   

Most historian agree that Jesus existed. The exact details of his life are not historical.

هل حقا؟ مثير للإعجاب. أنا مندهش.

Oooh, very clever. So, very interesting. You're surprised, are you?

Turns out human beings are more complicated than you believe they are.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #437 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
Auggie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
Setanta wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:15am:
Brian seems to be becoming adept at playing the man, something I have seen himself complain about.

That’s called hypocrisy.

No.  It is inquiry.   Please learn the difference, Augie.   Roll Eyes

No, you attempted to used my OCD as a way to draw me into the debate and question my conclusions. I'd have almost called for you to be banned, but I decided to let it go.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #438 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:14am

Hang ten a week in each state until they reach the 2.9% of the general population.... then there is no argument....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #439 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:26am

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #440 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:37am

Auggie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
Auggie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
Setanta wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:15am:
Brian seems to be becoming adept at playing the man, something I have seen himself complain about.

That’s called hypocrisy.

No.  It is inquiry.   Please learn the difference, Augie.   Roll Eyes

No, you attempted to used my OCD as a way to draw me into the debate and question my conclusions. I'd have almost called for you to be banned, but I decided to let it go.

Yep, even Brian would try and hit below the belt to win a fight it seems. So much for the high ground.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #441 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:50am

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:53pm:
Bertie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 9:32pm:
Bertie wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 8:58pm:
And they do not change or evolve when they migrate to the West.

I must tell my friends from my Army days.  I must tell the Muslims I work with.  I must tell my neighbours.  "Word is, you never change or evolve, when you migrated to the West..."   Sorry, Agatha, who claims that?  You?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Were they sharia-observant Muslims before they arrived here and then became apostates? Or were they apostates already when they came to Australia? Did they change on arrival or were they already changed apostates when they decided to leave their Muslim countries?

Ask them.

Why, Agatha?

They described themselves to me as "Muslims".   Some were more observant than others.   Unlike you, I don't try and classify people...    Roll Eyes

oh no bwian YOU don't TRY...  YOU DO...  ya hypocrite.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #442 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:08pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:49pm:
rue Islamophobe it seems.  Tsk, tsk, one does not supplant the o

I never said 'supplant' Brian. Read what I said again.

You claimed that your definition of "Jihad" had replaced the earlier, simpler definition.  In my mind that equates with being "supplanted".

Oh, and please, in future, quote the whole paragraph if you're going to do it, not parts of it...

Quote:
Christianity teaches "Just War" is acceptable, Augie.  Are you denying what the Church(es) teaches to it's believers?  Really?   

It has a long, bloody, history of forcing conversions on subject people from the Spanish through Indians.  Our own Indigenous peoples were given no choice in the matter.   Tsk, tsk.   

Just War is not a Christian doctrine: Jesus never prescribed it nor does the NT. Sure, people have used Christianity to justify all sorts of terrible things; but Christianity does not teach these things.

Islam does teach them. This doesn't mean that all Muslims subscribe to them.

So, you're claiming that the Church(es) don't teach Christian doctrine?  Really?   You're starting to sound like Moses now.  That is something he claims - I would suggest that Christianity has a great deal more to do with what the Church(es) teach than what Christ taught.  "Just War" is just one aspect of that...

Quote:
We only have on version of his life, Augie - that in The Bible.  How true do you think it's tales are?   Christ more than likely never existed nor did the things claimed for him.   You appear to believe in fairy tales.  Tsk, tsk.   

Most historian agree that Jesus existed. The exact details of his life are not historical.

And their evidence for that is, what exactly, Augie?

I would suggest that we have one or two mentions of a Jesus like figure amongst many claims about "Messiahhood" at that time.  The Historical Record has no mention of any one named "Jesus" who created miracles.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
هل حقا؟ مثير للإعجاب. أنا مندهش.

Oooh, very clever. So, very interesting. You're surprised, are you?

Turns out human beings are more complicated than you believe they are.

Humans are always more complicated than they appear, at first, Augie.  I am continually surprised by them.  You in particular.  You say one thing then claim another.   Always interesting.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

اليوم، تحتفل غوغل ولادة عالم الكيمياء الحيوية الهندي. اليوم، يبدو أنك تشير إلى بعض الأشياء الإسلاموفوبيك جدا. غدا، من يدري؟

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #443 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:08pm:
You claimed that your definition of "Jihad" had replaced the earlier, simpler definition.  In my mind that equates with being "supplanted".

Oh, and please, in future, quote the whole paragraph if you're going to do it, not parts of it...

No, I said that the concept of Jihad differs according to situation.

o, you're claiming that the Church(es) don't teach Christian doctrine?  Really?   You're starting to sound like Moses now.  That is something he claims - I would suggest that Christianity has a great deal more to do with what the Church(es) teach than what Christ taught.  "Just War" is just one aspect of that...

So, this is the conclusion I've reached about Offensive Jihad with Gandalf. Muhammad practised preemptive warfare. I'm willing to accept that; there's not enough evidence in my mind for complete offensive jihad; but neither is it: "right lads, let's dig trenches and wait for the enemy".

I would suggest that we have one or two mentions of a Jesus like figur

You can read numerous books on it.

Humans are always more complicated than they appear, at first, Augie.  I am continually surprised by them.  You in particular.  You say one thing then claim another.   Always interesting.   

What kind of things do I say, then claim as another? E.g.?

اليوم، تحتفل غوغل ولادة عالم الكيمياء الحيوية الهندي. اليوم، يبدو أنك تشير إلى بعض الأشياء الإسلاموفوبيك جدا. غدا، من يدري؟

Is it Islamophobic to criticise an ideology? If I criticise Australia, does that make me anti-Australian, or Australiophobic? People use the term Islamophobia to shut down debate. Seems like something you're doing, and often do.

By the way, are you fluent in Arabic or are you just using Google Translate?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #444 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:50am

Mention the word MUSLIM... again... MUSLIM (allahu akbar)... and ASIO and The Feds slow the damned strand down until they can read every word....

I can call up a friend and say "I dig Uncle Khomeini and Mullah Akerdyari and some of their friends are coming over for dinner" ..... and dozens of agents all across the country will pursue me to the grave....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #445 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:53am

Muslim, Muslim, Muslim... Jihad.. jihad.. jihad... allahu akbar... allahu akbar.... behead... infidel...

OK - got enough trigger words to set off you internet alarms?

Now get those girls to work on those consoles and get some results!!  You won't find any 'allahu akbar' people here!!

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #446 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:56am

Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm:

o, you're claiming that the Church(es) don't teach Christian doctrine?  Really?   You're starting to sound like Moses now.  That is something he claims - I would suggest that Christianity has a great deal more to do with what the Church(es) teach than what Christ taught.  "Just War" is just one aspect of that...

So, this is the conclusion I've reached about Offensive Jihad with Gandalf. Muhammad practised preemptive warfare. I'm willing to accept that; there's not enough evidence in my mind for complete offensive jihad; but neither is it: "right lads, let's dig trenches and wait for the enemy".

I would suggest that we have one or two mentions of a Jesus like figur

Humans are always more complicated than they appear, at first, Augie.  I am continually surprised by them.  You in particular.  You say one thing then claim another.   Always interesting.   

Is it Islamophobic to criticise an ideology? If I criticise Australia, does that make me anti-Australian, or Australiophobic? People use the term Islamophobia to shut down debate. Seems like something you're doing, and often do.

Ба́бушка (гада́ла, да) на́двое сказа́ла ( — то ли до́ждик, то ли снег, то ли бу́дет, то ли нет).

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #447 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:04pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:56am:
Ба́бушка (гада́ла, да) на́двое сказа́ла ( — то ли до́ждик, то ли снег, то ли бу́дет, то ли нет).

Кого вы называете «бабушкой», вы, молодой парящий человек? У меня нет больших детей, и я не мать! Проснись, молодой человек. Вы, кажется, пьете слишком много водки для своего же блага!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #448 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:17pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:33pm:

As does every word, Augie.  You have to first prove that you're talking about martial "Jihad".  I've seen endless arguments about an Arab who said that he was going to make "Street's use of something that resembled Arabic when the word was turned on it's side to mean "Allah" as a Jihad."   Americans immediately assumed it meant he was going to blow the local Street's factory up.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

Again, it all depends as you note, the circumstance.

Tell me, does the Israelis' waging of pre-emptive war in 1967 mean that all Jews are thirsty war mongers?

Quote:

Really?   So, that because there are numerous books about Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, means that it is a true story?

Grow up, Augie.  Books about Jesus all tend to be based on one source - The Bible.  There is one mention of "Jesus" in the history by Josephus.   There is no other mention apart from that, anywhere that I'm aware of.   We know Mohammed lived.  We know that Siddhartha lived.   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Oh, things which you don't want mentioned now, I suspect so I won't mention them.

Quote:

To criticise an ideology?  No, as long as your criticism does not concentrate on religion.

As for Australia?  Let it rip is what I say.  Americans talk a very dim view of criticism of their nation and it's policies for some reason and automatically label it, "anti-Americanism".   Australians look at criticism and either answer it or ignore it, for the most part.

Quote:

آه، سيكون لديك للعمل ذلك لنفسك، زميل شاب.

« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:30pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #449 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:28pm

He uses a translator .....

he can't even offer a decent argument/debate in english without calling you a racist, islamaphobe or bigot.

Let alone being able to speak or type Arabic.

Tsk Tsk Move on folks nothing to see here Bwians Anglophobia is showing, along with his ad hominem insults.......... & boorish inability.  Roll Eyes Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 47
Send Topic Print