Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 47
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 17742 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #30 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:41pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:29pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:26pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:20pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:08pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:03pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:00pm:
"Prisoner statistics broken down by religion are not publically available in Australia."

Grin

It must be somewhere because she found it. I can't.

I'd suggest she is bullshitting then, Hammer.

I wonder why do people assume that Islam promotes lawlessness?  No religion does.  All promote obeyance of the laws of the land, above their religious laws.   Criminals are criminals because of circumstance first, not because of religious belief.    Roll Eyes

I just posted the article Brian. I didn't see you arguing against Pecca's Christian bashing thread.

There are more than enough Christians to defend themselves on this fora, Hammer.   There aren't many Muslims here to defend themselves, just as there aren't many Indigenous Australians, nor Pacific Islanders, nor Buddhists, nor Shinto or Hindus.   Funny that, hey?

Now, how about attempting to answer my questions about Muslims and supposedly promotion by Islam of lawlessness?   Mmmm?    Roll Eyes
It depends on the interrpretation of the Koran hey Brian. There seems to be a huge issue with Lebanese Sunni. I'd say it's a combination of factors and I'm sure religion is in there somewhwere. The Lebanese Christians aren't a problem????? Most other Muslim groups aren't a problem. Problem Muslim peoples come out of those strict Sunni interrpretation which Lebanese and Afghans belong to. Turks aren't because they aren't as strict.

Show us the stats that list the religion of all criminals.

To make it easier for you, just the convicted criminals will do.

Wink

Nothing yet?

Keep looking.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:42pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:41pm:
"Prisoner statistics broken down by religion are not publically available in Australia."

Grin

I wonder why do people assume that Islam promotes lawlessness?  No religion does.  All promote obeyance of the laws of the land, above their religious laws.   Criminals are criminals because of circumstance first, not because of religious belief.    Roll Eyes

I just posted the article Brian. I didn't see you arguing against Pecca's Christian bashing thread.

There are more than enough Christians to defend themselves on this fora, Hammer.   There aren't many Muslims here to defend themselves, just as there aren't many Indigenous Australians, nor Pacific Islanders, nor Buddhists, nor Shinto or Hindus.   Funny that, hey?

Now, how about attempting to answer my questions about Muslims and supposedly promotion by Islam of lawlessness?   Mmmm?    Roll Eyes
It depends on the interrpretation of the Koran hey Brian. There seems to be a huge issue with Lebanese Sunni. I'd say it's a combination of factors and I'm sure religion is in there somewhwere. The Lebanese Christians aren't a problem????? Most other Muslim groups aren't a problem. Problem Muslim peoples come out of those strict Sunni interrpretation which Lebanese and Afghans belong to. Turks aren't because they aren't as strict.

Wink

Nothing yet?

Keep looking.

Do it yourself. I'm not your dog.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #32 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:45pm

............. in old news.... 9% of all Australian prisoners in gaols are Muslim, figures show..........<<<
................. in breaking news, The Grappler is weary of posting facts for fools https://www.unisa.edu.au/Global/EASS/MnM/Publications/Australian_Muslims_Report_..., says GregPec is obviously insane............<<<

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #33 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:46pm

Grin

So, no evidence, just your supposition, based upon your particular form of Islamophobia?

So, unless you have some evidence, I think you're just bigoted towards Sunni Lebanese, Hammer.  Particularly considering that Lebanese Sunni Muslims constitutes only 27% of Lebanon's population, they are patently outnumbered by the Sh'ia sect.   Relatively few Sunnis have fled to Australia from Lebanon.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #34 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:49pm

lee wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:33pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:31pm:
Indeed I would suggest religion - of all kinds - discourages actively, criminality amongst its' believers...

Including the killing of kafirs?

Yes.  Do you have evidence that mainstream Islam encourages the killing of anybody?  Or are you just working from your Islamophobia?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #35 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:52pm

So if the Seven Pillars of Wisdom - the seven interpretations of Islamic Law - mean that only one in seven Muslims is likely to kill us... we're safe.........

What a relief.......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:54pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:42pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:41pm:

Grin

Wink

Nothing yet?

Keep looking.

Do it yourself. I'm not your dog.

It doesn't exist.

That's the point.

It's why you have no argument - just bigoted, ill-informed opinion.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:54pm

For Brian. This is what I believe happened with the Lebanese Sunni and their issues in Australia. They were really the first arabs to come out here in big numbers in the mid 70's . For that they would have encountered discrimination. Factor in that with isolationist culture and religion, it's community became it's own island. When everything around you becomes an alien anti social attitudes develop. That's where the criminality comes from. It's mostly their own doing and part societal. Their boys are worshipped at home and  are poorly disciplined so  generally they perform badly in school. This hinders them socio economically. And when a community struggles it's leadership becomes more angry and isolationist. I believe this was going on for decades.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 3:00pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:39pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:23pm:
If Islam doesn't promote or at least condone criminal activity - what is it that pushes Muslims to a high crime rate?

I would suggest circumstance.  Not religion.  Indeed I would suggest religion - of all kinds - discourages actively, criminality amongst its' believers...

Religions that set yourself apart from society can give certain followers an anti social attitude which can lead to criminality. Mix that in with low socio economics and it's like fire and petrol. When the ex grand mufti called girls in short skirts "cat meat" it really occurred to me that we  have a big problem with Muslim leadership in some communities. This is another big issue.

Oh, dear.  Generally, most Imams are the least well educated members of their communities.  They know their Q'ran, word for word, by rote.  They have little experience of the real world and the society around theirs.  That Grand Mufti wasn't very well educated at all.   The one that has replaced him, is much smarter and much better educated.   He has not made any outlandish statements.  However, I wonder why people reacted so badly to that statement, when one considers that essentially the same sentiments were expressed by Fred Nile, in the NSW Upper House numerous times and outside the House as well.   Those comments were basically laughed off, ignored and forgotten about.  The media sensationalised the comments by the ex-Grand Mufti though.  Funny that, hey?

Evangelising religions like Christian and Islam in particular seek new converts actively.  They want people to believe in their messages.  Some do, some don't, some won't.   No religion promotes lawlessness.  Why?  Because all religions protect property, people, things.   They are designed to do so and are actively encouraged to do so by their members because they all are people, all possess property and like things.  Islam is no different - except in it's tiny minority who seek to change the world to their ideal, just as the minority of Christians do as well.

What makes people become criminals is not their religion.  It is their circumstance.  Social dislocation, poor education, a sense of "alienation", discouragement from within and without their communities are some of the problems that people face.  The Lebanese in particular, were just dumped into Australian society by the Fraser Government.  They expected the Australian community to rally 'round and provide their social, religious, psychological needs and so on.   They didn't.   So, many young Lebanese, traumatised by the civil war they had fled, turned to criminality.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 3:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:49pm:
Indeed I would suggest religion - of all kinds - discourages actively, criminality amongst its' believers...

Yes.  Do you have evidence that mainstream Islam encourages the killing of anybody?  Or are you just working from your Islamophobia?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Oh, only mainstream Islam? Which version is that? Wink

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 4:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 3:00pm:
If Islam doesn't promote or at least condone criminal activity - what is it that pushes Muslims to a high crime rate?

I would suggest circumstance.  Not religion.  Indeed I would suggest religion - of all kinds - discourages actively, criminality amongst its' believers...

Religions that set yourself apart from society can give certain followers an anti social attitude which can lead to criminality. Mix that in with low socio economics and it's like fire and petrol. When the ex grand mufti called girls in short skirts "cat meat" it really occurred to me that we  have a big problem with Muslim leadership in some communities. This is another big issue.

Oh, dear.  Generally, most Imams are the least well educated members of their communities.  They know their Q'ran, word for word, by rote.  They have little experience of the real world and the society around theirs.  That Grand Mufti wasn't very well educated at all.   The one that has replaced him, is much smarter and much better educated.   He has not made any outlandish statements.  However, I wonder why people reacted so badly to that statement, when one considers that essentially the same sentiments were expressed by Fred Nile, in the NSW Upper House numerous times and outside the House as well.   Those comments were basically laughed off, ignored and forgotten about.  The media sensationalised the comments by the ex-Grand Mufti though.  Funny that, hey?

Evangelising religions like Christian and Islam in particular seek new converts actively.  They want people to believe in their messages.  Some do, some don't, some won't.   No religion promotes lawlessness.  Why?  Because all religions protect property, people, things.   They are designed to do so and are actively encouraged to do so by their members because they all are people, all possess property and like things.  Islam is no different - except in it's tiny minority who seek to change the world to their ideal, just as the minority of Christians do as well.

What makes people become criminals is not their religion.  It is their circumstance.  Social dislocation, poor education, a sense of "alienation", discouragement from within and without their communities are some of the problems that people face.  The Lebanese in particular, were just dumped into Australian society by the Fraser Government.  They expected the Australian community to rally 'round and provide their social, religious, psychological needs and so on.   They didn't.   So, many young Lebanese, traumatised by the civil war they had fled, turned to criminality. 

The Vietnamese were extremely traumatised by war and they've moved on Brian. That's a poor excuse. I agree, you can't just dump people into society and expect them to become model citizens. That's why I have always said multiculturalism should always be planned. That's why I'm sceptical of the current way of conducting multiculturalism.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 4:30pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:54pm:
For Brian. This is what I believe happened with the Lebanese Sunni and their issues in Australia. They were really the first arabs to come out here in big numbers in the mid 70's . For that they would have encountered discrimination. Factor in that with isolationist culture and religion, it's community became it's own island. When everything around you becomes an alien anti social attitudes develop. That's where the criminality comes from. It's mostly their own doing and part societal. Their boys are worshipped at home and  are poorly disciplined so  generally they perform badly in school. This hinders them socio economically. And when a community struggles it's leadership becomes more angry and isolationist. I believe this was going on for decades.

would appear to be so....the ME Muslims  do not appear to want to integrate .. somehow you can pick out the communities they make I remember back in London whole areas all the signs were in their first language..
it was like a different world.......

its not my idea of multicultural anything... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

come here by all means   but give us some signs you want to blend in just a little bit..... if we want to live like Arabs   we can all move to the ME... at least to some parts I am sure we can. Smiley

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #42 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 5:33pm

lee wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 3:07pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:49pm:

Oh, only mainstream Islam? Which version is that? Wink

The one practised in many forms by the overwhelming majority of Muslims.  Not the one practised by the Salafists, the extremists, the Terrorists?

Appears that point keep passing right over your head.  I wonder why?  Islamophobia?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 5:36pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 4:03pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 3:00pm:

The Vietnamese were extremely traumatised by war and they've moved on Brian. That's a poor excuse. I agree, you can't just dump people into society and expect them to become model citizens. That's why I have always said multiculturalism should always be planned. That's why I'm sceptical of the current way of conducting multiculturalism.

Well, in part I agree with you.   However, Australia's active Multiculturalism is far more planned than the laissez faire Multiculturalism practised overseas.   The labels are the same, the effects are very different it seems.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #44 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 5:40pm

cods wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:54pm:

would appear to be so....the ME Muslims  do not appear to want to integrate .. somehow you can pick out the communities they make I remember back in London whole areas all the signs were in their first language..
it was like a different world.......

its not my idea of multicultural anything... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

come here by all means   but give us some signs you want to blend in just a little bit..... if we want to live like Arabs   we can all move to the ME... at least to some parts I am sure we can. Smiley

Do you feel the same way about the Indochinese, Cods?  How about the Japanese and the Chinese?  You go to their suburbs and guess what languages the signs are in?

Muslims look different, they act different, they worship differently.  Why couldn't they just be like all of us, hey?

You do realise everything you claim about Muslims was once claimed about the Irish, the Italians, the Greeks, the Yogoslavs, the Serbs, the Croats, the Bosnians, the Germans, the Spanish, etc?   It was claimed about the Catholics, the Eastern Orthodox, and so on.   Did any of the claims made about them come out the way they were described?  Really?

Grow up, Cods, act your age.   Muslims are Australians just as you are.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 47
Send Topic Print