Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
The West's demographic suicide (Read 12516 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The West's demographic suicide
Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:27pm

The West is importing Third World 'children' they couldn't bother having themselves without a thought for the demographic implications.

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:36pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The West's demographic suicide
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 8:11pm

Bollards - Islam's gift to thee West:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/melbourne-s-history-of-attacks-and-foiled-terror-plo...

Jihad is the  'new normal' now.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 8:19pm

Every bollard should be painted with a picture of mooohamed so we can never forget why they're needed.

IBI

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 8:26pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 8:19pm:
Every bollard should be painted with a picture of mooohamed so we can never forget why they're needed.

Grin Grin Grin

Damn right!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 8:54pm

Frank wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:27pm:

The West is importing Third World 'children' they couldn't bother having themselves without a thought for the demographic implications.

Good one, Frank.

That the politicians won't deal with this prospect for the future of Europe and that the media keeps a lid on it is all due to Leftwing liberalism.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:11am

Now now, Gordon, that's offensive.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:59pm

You know, I wish amateurs would give up on demographic predications.  They are invariably wrong, usually wildly wrong about how the future will pan out.   It is impossible for a comparatively tiny minority of people to out breed the overwhelming majority.   The overwhelming majority would have to stop having babies for ever, for that to work.   Tsk, tsk.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:05pm

The west is made up of planet accountants!

It’s a spiritual sickness!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
You know, I wish amateurs would give up on demographic predications.  They are invariably wrong, usually wildly wrong about how the future will pan out.   It is impossible for a comparatively tiny minority of people to out breed the overwhelming majority.   The overwhelming majority would have to stop having babies for ever, for that to work.   Tsk, tsk.

Says the bloke who doesn’t even know what a strawman is!

Tsk tsk  Cheesy

You’re nothing brother  Wink

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:58pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:06pm:

Says the bloke who doesn’t even know what a strawman is!

Tsk tsk  Cheesy

You’re nothing brother  Wink

Appears you've learnt, now, no longer calling it a "Scarecrow" Argument.  Wonderful when you read up the definition, isn't it?   Tsk, tsk, run along JSN.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 4:51pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:05pm:

The west is made up of planet accountants!

I say, I knew the old boy must have added something to our lives.

But of course he's an accountant. University of Balogney, innit.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #11 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 12:48am

When the average number of children that European women have are about 1.5 children per woman, then you would note that the population numbers decline. When Europe imports millions of non-European people to replace the dwindling numbers of native born Europeans, you see an increasing percentage of non-European people in Europe. Non-European people generally brought in non-European cultures. Some of those cultures are so barbaric, that European communities are only recently getting accustomed to dealing with the problems migrants bring. But, slowly and surely, the European people are getting replaced. Replaced by people who have contempt for democracy, women's rights, law and order, etc.

It is not about not breeding. It is about not breeding enough so that you can replace your generation with a new generation of people, without your government importing people to do that for you. I don't know about you, but it would only take 100 years to see an end of white people on the planet, if all white people stopped breeding right this moment. But I could imagine a disappearance of white people in 1000 years if current trends continue. As you said, we can't predict an outcome. But I would imagine that white people on the planet will become a visible minority by 2100 in traditionally white majority countries of the 20th century. And I think if we have to put up with the attitude of non-white people as a minority today, think about how intolerant non-white people will be of white people as a majority percentage of the country in the future.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 11:52am

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 12:48am:

When the average number of children that European women have are about 1.5 children per woman, then you would note that the population numbers decline. When Europe imports millions of non-European people to replace the dwindling numbers of native born Europeans, you see an increasing percentage of non-European people in Europe. Non-European people generally brought in non-European cultures. Some of those cultures are so barbaric, that European communities are only recently getting accustomed to dealing with the problems migrants bring. But, slowly and surely, the European people are getting replaced. Replaced by people who have contempt for democracy, women's rights, law and order, etc.

It is not about not breeding. It is about not breeding enough so that you can replace your generation with a new generation of people, without your government importing people to do that for you. I don't know about you, but it would only take 100 years to see an end of white people on the planet, if all white people stopped breeding right this moment. But I could imagine a disappearance of white people in 1000 years if current trends continue. As you said, we can't predict an outcome. But I would imagine that white people on the planet will become a visible minority by 2100 in traditionally white majority countries of the 20th century. And I think if we have to put up with the attitude of non-white people as a minority today, think about how intolerant non-white people will be of white people as a majority percentage of the country in the future.

The assumptions in your beliefs are invariably wrong.

Birthrates for new migrants to the West invariably fall, within one generation as the new migrants become just as aspirational as the original inhabitants and aspirational people don't have time or a need for massive numbers of children to support them in their old age.   The State does that.   This means that new migrants have falling birthrates.   There is also an assumption that the dominant population ceases breeding.   It invariably doesn't.   It will hover around the replacement rate or just below it.   This will be because the original inhabitants are as if not more aspirational than the new migrants.

Demographics are based on such assumptions.  The actual birth rate in most Western society is far more dependant on circumstance than you realise.   After WWII when all the men folk came back from war, there was a massive "baby boom".   That was completely unforeseen by demographers.   Similar events have occurred after natural disaster and other wars.   In Romania under Ceausescu there was a "mini-Baby Boom" because he became afraid that the Romanian people weren't breeding fast enough and so banned condoms (the only available contraceptive).   This caused all sorts of problems in education and other facets of society.   You cannot predict what will happen tomorrow let alone twenty-five to a hundred years in advance. 

Now, here is a question - why do you care what happens to your society long after you have died?  You have no effect on German or British or French or even Australian society beyond your death.   Those societies will sort themselves out.   One thing I am sure though, is the new migrants become new citizens and they will defend their new society against Xenophobes/Racists/Islamophobes who are scared of their own shadows.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #13 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 12:21am

Quote:
Now, here is a question - why do you care what happens to your society long after you have died?  You have no effect on German or British or French or even Australian society beyond your death.   Those societies will sort themselves out.   One thing I am sure though, is the new migrants become new citizens and they will defend their new society against Xenophobes/Racists/Islamophobes who are scared of their own shadows.

My late very liberal Mother had a similar response to change she didn't agree with. She would say she was just glad she wouldn't live to see it, whatever IT was. Freewill and self sufficiency were not compatible with Liberal thinking. The third world migrants are not coming to become westerners, they are economic opportunists and preserve their culture. Governments love them for another reason, most are accustomed to being Ruled and easily accept authoritarianism and don't cause trouble confronting the System.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:15am

Why do we care bwian?

We care about what has happened, what is happening and what will happen.
We care for our families our relatives our friends.
We care about our country and culture bwian.
We care bwian...  YOU apparently don't.  That is rather pathetic.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #15 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 12:24pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 12:21am:
Quote:
Now, here is a question - why do you care what happens to your society long after you have died?  You have no effect on German or British or French or even Australian society beyond your death.   Those societies will sort themselves out.   One thing I am sure though, is the new migrants become new citizens and they will defend their new society against Xenophobes/Racists/Islamophobes who are scared of their own shadows.

My late very liberal Mother had a similar response to change she didn't agree with. She would say she was just glad she wouldn't live to see it, whatever IT was. Freewill and self sufficiency were not compatible with Liberal thinking. The third world migrants are not coming to become westerners, they are economic opportunists and preserve their culture. Governments love them for another reason, most are accustomed to being Ruled and easily accept authoritarianism and don't cause trouble confronting the System.

But their children and their children's children do.  They learn the ways of the Westerners and are just as willing to protest about the abuses of Government.   They may retain their own culture, for the first generation but after that, they meld with the surrounding society and form a Multiculture.  Their birth rates rapidly approach that of the surround culture as well, as their aspirations overcome their desire for large families.

Ultimately, tomorrow though, is another day.   Just as L.P.Hatley suggested, "The past is a different country, they did things differently there," so is tomorrow.   We have no idea what tomorrow will bring, what will occur then, let alone 20 or 50 years in the future.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #16 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 3:55pm

I think there is a double standard you show in your posts that contradict one another. 230 years ago (25 days away from the anniversary), a bunch of Europeans landed and claimed Australia. They were few in number, and could have been overwhelmed by the thousands of natives that lived around the now known as Sydney region. But they generally were unmolested by the natives -- except for numerous reports of being robbed or having to skirmish with the aborigines. 180 years later, the descendants of these new settlers numbered 12 million, whilst the aborigines numbered 200,000. Numbers of aborigines went from an estimated 750,000 to 200,000 in 180. Mainly through introduced diseases. Sometimes because of a genocidal hunting policy that was abandoned in the 1890s. The other reasons due to the families being broken up which forced a reduction in birth rates among aborigines.

Keep in mind now that there are 22 million white people in Australia and 3 million non-white people. But keep in mind that this 3 million came about with non-white immigration mainly in the last 40 years. That is the kind of difference we are witnessing. Imagine then if you can see that we are talking about immigration numbers coming from most sources in a 7 billion strong world? White people make up 1 billion of the 7 billion people in the world, and the numbers are dwindling. In 50 years, there may be 800 million white people in the world and 9 billion non-white. And I know what you are thinking: "What does having non-white people in the world have to do with anything?". The answer to that strawman proposition is that the non-white societies mainly do not celebrate or undertake cultures that make them strong in character. You can cite various Asian societies that do have good cultural values. But I don't think we are importing them into numbers to replace the potential migrants that come from non-ideal cultures.

And whilst I agree that migrants have fewer children after a generation of being in Australia, it is quite a high number of children they do have when they get here. Added to the fact that they would have come from a country where the birth rates are unsustainable that they have to move overseas for the sake of relieving some population explosion. The number of migrants that leave those sort of societies will only give a mild relief for about the time it takes for women there to have another child. I don't know about you, but I don't think Australia benefits from Apex gangs where theft and other violent activity is the norm. And I don't appreciate the excuses that people give them about their post traumatic stress issues. If PTSD was an excuse for violent behaviour, then I would have a criminal record as long as my arm.

Quote:
Now, here is a question - why do you care what happens to your society long after you have died?  You have no effect on German or British or French or even Australian society beyond your death.   Those societies will sort themselves out.   One thing I am sure though, is the new migrants become new citizens and they will defend their new society against Xenophobes/Racists/Islamophobes who are scared of their own shadows.    Roll Eyes

The same reason as why I blame my ancestors for the mess that they put Australia in to get us to some reasonable level of standard of living. They could have done better. They could have done worse. Though I think hindsight gives 20/20 vision, I figure that this country could have been much better off if such short-sightedness issues could have been addressed many years ago, rather than in the last decade. I will probably die of some age-related issue at 80. I do not want my grandchildren to have to suffer from problems of persecution from an overpopulated world having to send their excess people to countries that have their birth rates in check.

Do not ever condemn white Australians over being invaders, if you want to defend refugees from having the right to come to Australia.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 4:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 11:52am:

Birthrates for new migrants to the West invariably fall, within one generation as the new migrants become just as aspirational as the original inhabitants and aspirational people don't have time or a need for massive numbers of children to support them in their old age.   The State does that.   This means that new migrants have falling birthrates.   There is also an assumption that the dominant population ceases breeding.   It invariably doesn't.   It will hover around the replacement rate or just below it.   This will be because the original inhabitants are as if not more aspirational than the new migrants.

Demographics are based on such assumptions.  The actual birth rate in most Western society is far more dependant on circumstance than you realise.   After WWII when all the men folk came back from war, there was a massive "baby boom".   That was completely unforeseen by demographers.   Similar events have occurred after natural disaster and other wars.   In Romania under Ceausescu there was a "mini-Baby Boom" because he became afraid that the Romanian people weren't breeding fast enough and so banned condoms (the only available contraceptive).   This caused all sorts of problems in education and other facets of society.   You cannot predict what will happen tomorrow let alone twenty-five to a hundred years in advance. 

h
You have no evidence that it is only an assumption.

Muslims continue to have lots of kids, generation after generation.

Based on Census 2016 data, Australian women of Islamic faith have, on average, 3.03 births per woman, while the average for all women in Australia is 2.02 births per woman.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 4:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 11:52am:

Based on Census 2016 data, Australian women of Islamic faith have, on average, 3.03 births per woman, while the average for all women in Australia is 2.02 births per woman.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #19 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 5:14pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 3:55pm:
I think there is a double standard you show in your posts that contradict one another.

An interesting claim.  Care to produce proof where I have contradicted myself, WS?

Quote:
230 years ago (25 days away from the anniversary), a bunch of Europeans landed and claimed Australia. They were few in number, and could have been overwhelmed by the thousands of natives that lived around the now known as Sydney region. But they generally were unmolested by the natives -- except for numerous reports of being robbed or having to skirmish with the aborigines. 180 years later, the descendants of these new settlers numbered 12 million, whilst the aborigines numbered 200,000. Numbers of aborigines went from an estimated 750,000 to 200,000 in 180. Mainly through introduced diseases. Sometimes because of a genocidal hunting policy that was abandoned in the 1890s. The other reasons due to the families being broken up which forced a reduction in birth rates among aborigines.

As you note, their lower birthrate was because of external factors, other than because of direct choice, WS.   Today, we have choices about whether to have children or not.  We don't need large families to care for our aged in the same way we once did.   We do not have the time to both earn money and spend it and to raise kids when we don't need to.   Today, as a consequence we, all Australians have fewer children.  I remember back in the 1970s, the numbers of pregnant women you saw on the streets fell dramatically.   Women had learnt to master their own procreation cycles, they took the Pill, they made their lovers wear Condoms, they had Abortions or they just refrained from Sex altogether.   Nowadays, we see more pregnancies because people have rediscovered the joys of child bearing.   Why is it always assumed that migrants and in particular, Islamic migrants are immune to these social movements?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Keep in mind now that there are 22 million white people in Australia and 3 million non-white people. But keep in mind that this 3 million came about with non-white immigration mainly in the last 40 years. That is the kind of difference we are witnessing. Imagine then if you can see that we are talking about immigration numbers coming from most sources in a 7 billion strong world? White people make up 1 billion of the 7 billion people in the world, and the numbers are dwindling. In 50 years, there may be 800 million white people in the world and 9 billion non-white. And I know what you are thinking: "What does having non-white people in the world have to do with anything?". The answer to that strawman proposition is that the non-white societies mainly do not celebrate or undertake cultures that make them strong in character. You can cite various Asian societies that do have good cultural values. But I don't think we are importing them into numbers to replace the potential migrants that come from non-ideal cultures.

And whilst I agree that migrants have fewer children after a generation of being in Australia, it is quite a high number of children they do have when they get here. Added to the fact that they would have come from a country where the birth rates are unsustainable that they have to move overseas for the sake of relieving some population explosion. The number of migrants that leave those sort of societies will only give a mild relief for about the time it takes for women there to have another child. I don't know about you, but I don't think Australia benefits from Apex gangs where theft and other violent activity is the norm. And I don't appreciate the excuses that people give them about their post traumatic stress issues. If PTSD was an excuse for violent behaviour, then I would have a criminal record as long as my arm.

You are betraying your prejudice, based upon the usual racist viewpoint.  White is good, non-white is bad.  I would ask, how are they better than non-White cultures?

Australians, of all colours, all "races", all ethnicities,  are still Australians.   We all belong to the one country - Australia.   We all swear allegiance to this country.  We become Australians.   All Australians, good, bad, ugly, are Australians.  The days of the White Australia Policy are over, dead, buried, except it seems in the imaginations of Racists and Xenophobes.    Australia is a multicultural society, a multiracial one, a multireligious one, as well.   Time to live with that fact and stop telling yourselves lies.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 5:25pm

Frank wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 4:01pm:

Lets just check that "fact", shall we, Soren?

You appear to have gleaned it from here, FactCheck Q&A: the facts on birth rates for Muslim couples and non-Muslim couples in Australia.

It was based on an assertion on ABC's Q&A that Muslim couples, on average produced 4.5 children each, whereas Australian couples produced only 1.5 children.

As the factcheck found, in reality it appears on the basis of the 2016, Muslim couples have an average of 3.03 children each while the average for all women in Australia is 2.02 births per woman.

It is correct to say that Muslim women in Australia currently have a higher birth rate than other women in Australia. It’s not reasonable to say, based on current figures, that Muslims in Australia will outnumber non-Muslims in “a couple”, or even many more, generations.

We cannot predict what the birthrate for various religious denominations is going to be, any more than we predict if el Presidente Trump will be reelected in three years time.   However, it is obvious that the birthrates for migrants do fall, within one or two generations, to that approaching the surrounding culture.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 9:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 5:25pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 4:01pm:

Lets just check that "fact", shall we, Soren?

You appear to have gleaned it from here, FactCheck Q&A: the facts on birth rates for Muslim couples and non-Muslim couples in Australia.

It was based on an assertion on ABC's Q&A that Muslim couples, on average produced 4.5 children each, whereas Australian couples produced only 1.5 children.

As the factcheck found, in reality it appears on the basis of the 2016, Muslim couples have an average of 3.03 children each while the average for all women in Australia is 2.02 births per woman.

It is correct to say that Muslim women in Australia currently have a higher birth rate than other women in Australia. It’s not reasonable to say, based on current figures, that Muslims in Australia will outnumber non-Muslims in “a couple”, or even many more, generations.

We cannot predict what the birthrate for various religious denominations is going to be, any more than we predict if el Presidente Trump will be reelected in three years time.   However, it is obvious that the birthrates for migrants do fall, within one or two generations, to that approaching the surrounding culture.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If we continue importing Muslims with much higher initial birth rates than 3 and the existing Muslim population maintains its above average birthrate - they WILL gain substantially on the non-Muslim population.

And we know from the bitter experience of every other country that you do not need a 50%+ majority of Muslims in a country to bugger it up good and proper.

A 20 or 30 % Muslim population will doom any country. And from that minority they will only grow. So if not 2-3 generations then 4-5. That's 2010: the lifetime of kids born today.

Total demographic transformation nobody wants.

They are not rational people, Muslims, they are tribal. Big clan means big weight. Africa can barely provide for its current 2 billion population but in a few decades there will be 4 billion Africans. They breed like rabbits, they are unproductive, destructive and ungovernable and they are heading North.

Maybe the Muslims will enslave them and contain them. is that the plan?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #22 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:35am

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 5:14pm:
You are betraying your prejudice, based upon the usual racist viewpoint.  White is good, non-white is bad.  I would ask, how are they better than non-White cultures?

Australians, of all colours, all "races", all ethnicities,  are still Australians.   We all belong to the one country - Australia.   We all swear allegiance to this country.  We become Australians.   All Australians, good, bad, ugly, are Australians.  The days of the White Australia Policy are over, dead, buried, except it seems in the imaginations of Racists and Xenophobes.    Australia is a multicultural society, a multiracial one, a multireligious one, as well.   Time to live with that fact and stop telling yourselves lies.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

White people generally adhere to the basic principles of human rights. The equality of men and women. The rights of people who are of different cultures, religions, nationalities, sexualities, abilities, etc. You find those rights and responsibilities we enjoy and work towards considerably apparent today in a lot of first world countries, irrespective of racial background. But you will find that it is mainly white majority countries that are the pioneers of these rights and responsibilities. Like Greek democracy and Roman law, the foundations had to come from somewhere. Meanwhile, smart societies around the world adopted European customs and rules of law to be able to develop a fully functional and regulated society. Non-European customs of beheading apostates, sexual discrimination, corporal punishment for minor infractions, tribalism and might is right authoritarianism does not prevail well in a first world society.

Lots of new migrants do adopt an allegiance to Australia at some point after arrival. Some make that conscious decision before they leave their former homes. Unfortunately, no matter how integrated some migrants are in Australia, they will keep their allegiances to their former homeland forever. African gang members are not intermingling with Australians and being productive members of society. They continue to try and play the victim whilst perpetrating crimes.

And if you are interested in where you have contradicted yourself, go back through your posts on related subjects and see how often you defend non-white non-Christian people from any form of criticism. Perhaps note how you seem to think that anyone on this forum holding a viewpoint that criticises Muslims for any reason cannot go unchallenged. Admittedly, I am tired at the moment and have no real incentive to go through your ramblings to prove my point. But someone has been posting under the username "Brian Ross" with a clear agenda of challenging anyone who does want to vent against a certain religion. By the way, you also have a habit of validating an opponent's view by inviting them to show proof of their assertions.

Obviously, you have missed the point about the 25 million vs 7000 million. Our Australian immigration is at a premium in that we can import 200,000 people in our migration program, and there would be plenty of people that miss out who would love to move to Australia. The problem being that the United Nation can have an overwhelming influence on our immigration program to a point that they could enforce Australia to double our immigration intake. They have been on record claiming that our strict refugee program is discriminatory. It is not an incredible concept that the UN could meddle in our general immigration, too. But the point (and back to the topic about the Western civilisation) is that we are not the only country that has to deal with an expanding world population. The western societies of the world are getting burdened with the third world running in their direction looking to be saved by guaranteed welfare and a chance at a better life. If the third world does not change their culture to more suitably reflect western values, then I am afraid that Western society will eventually collapse and be absorbed into third world standards.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #23 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:45am

Frank wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 9:58pm:
They are not rational people, Muslims, they are tribal. Big clan means big weight. Africa can barely provide for its current 2 billion population but in a few decades there will be 4 billion Africans. They breed like rabbits, they are unproductive, destructive and ungovernable and they are heading North.

The problem that is still to be resolved is the high AIDS rate in Africa. Some places have the AIDS rate as low as 5%. Other places on the continent of Africa is as high as 50%. Depopulation is apparent in some places where AIDS rates are high. But people with AIDS do not die a month after contracting it. They can go a few years in some cases with the AIDS virus until their immune system is useless. But some problems they have is that the economic impact AIDS has on a community is leading to an exodus of Africans. Overcrowding Mediterranean Sea vessels hoping that whitey will pick up the tab of their self-inflicted problems. But it is not just a matter that they run riot when they get to Europe. But the fact that they think they can gangster rape the local women and infect them with the AIDS virus that is concerning. The African superstitions still hold that if you give someone else AIDS, then you no longer have AIDS yourself.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #24 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:17am

Frank wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 9:58pm:
If we continue importing Muslims with much higher initial birth rates than 3 and the existing Muslim population maintains its above average birthrate - they WILL gain substantially on the non-Muslim population.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You are assuming that the resident population ceases to breed, Soren.  Such an assumption is fraught with problems, big problems.   How do you know that in 10 years, we are not involved in a World War again?   All our men folk go off to war and then return, we have another Baby Boom.   How do you know that Muslims don't suddenly lose the desire to procreate because it prevents them from buying the new car/TV/house/etc. that they have heir eyes on?   How about we are struck by the remains of a Comet and the world is plunged into a new Ice Age?   How about we get runaway Greenhouse Gas led Global Warming and the Ice Caps melt and we all drown?  Each is slightly more strange than the last but all are possible.   You make assumptions that cannot be sustained, Soren.  There is no way that 3.6% of the population can outbreed the other 96.4%.  It is physically impossible, unless the greater majority stop having children and that just isn't going to happen.

Quote:
And we know from the bitter experience of every other country that you do not need a 50%+ majority of Muslims in a country to bugger it up good and proper.

In a democracy you do, Soren.   Care to name a country with a minority Muslim population that has been, "buggered up good and proper"?  Not your imagination but documentary proof.   All nations continue to function, all nations continue to exist and none are buggered up, "good and proper".  Indeed, how do you define "good and proper"?   Is it that we have open civil war?  We have Muslim gangs roaming the streets, killing non-Muslims on a whim?  Really?  Where?   Remember this is a place where the Muslims, by your own definition, constitute less than half the population.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
A 20 or 30 % Muslim population will doom any country. And from that minority they will only grow. So if not 2-3 generations then 4-5. That's 2010: the lifetime of kids born today.

Total demographic transformation nobody wants.

Islamopobic thinking.  Completely bonkers, Soren, just bonkers.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

Maybe the Muslims will enslave them and contain them. is that the plan?

Utterly, utterly, bonkers.  You really cannot believe this Islamophobic bullshit, Soren.  Do you?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:26am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:35am:
[quote author=Brian_Ross link=1514359621/19#19 date=1514790857]You are betraying your prejudice, based upon the usual racist viewpoint.  White is good, non-white is bad.  I would ask, how are they better than non-White cultures?

Quote:
White people generally adhere to the basic principles of human rights. The equality of men and women. The rights of people who are of different cultures, religions, nationalities, sexualities, abilities, etc. You find those rights and responsibilities we enjoy and work towards considerably apparent today in a lot of first world countries, irrespective of racial background. But you will find that it is mainly white majority countries that are the pioneers of these rights and responsibilities. Like Greek democracy and Roman law, the foundations had to come from somewhere. Meanwhile, smart societies around the world adopted European customs and rules of law to be able to develop a fully functional and regulated society. Non-European customs of beheading apostates, sexual discrimination, corporal punishment for minor infractions, tribalism and might is right authoritarianism does not prevail well in a first world society.

I can point you to many "White societies" which do not adhere to the general principles of human rights.  Greece has been ruled by tyrannies, as recently as the 1970s when the Colonels' regime was in charge.  In Russia today, you have a corrupt oligarch who doesn't care one whit for human rights.  In Poland you have a autocratic, conservative government.  In Hungary, a government headed by a neo-Nazi party.  In Slovakia, the President was recently an admirer of the Nazis.   In the US, you have a lunatic in charge.  In Mexico, you have the crime gangs pulling the strings.    There are numerous other examples.   The colour of a person's skin only tells you the colour of their skin, not their politcal, social or economic viewpoint.  To believe otherwise is to become a white supremacist.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Lots of new migrants do adopt an allegiance to Australia at some point after arrival. Some make that conscious decision before they leave their former homes. Unfortunately, no matter how integrated some migrants are in Australia, they will keep their allegiances to their former homeland forever. African gang members are not intermingling with Australians and being productive members of society. They continue to try and play the victim whilst perpetrating crimes.

So, when they become citizens, swearing allegiance to Australia, it's government, it's sovereign is meaningless to the migrants is it?  Really?  Gosh, I never realised that.   Why do we have such ceremonies where allegiance is sworn?   Because it makes us and the migrants feel good?   You seriously underestimate most migrants.  Seriously.   I have served in the army with Muslims, Indochinese, Chinese, Christian Lebanese, and so on and so on and all took their oats much more seriously than did most of the native born Australians.

As for African "gang" members.  Thee are no real gangs,  They represent a tiny, tiny, minority of the total crime statistics in Victoria.   They are not a real danger.  Indeed, there are more Kiwi members of "gangs" than Africans who are arrested.  As was shown to  a member of the Tory opposition on radio national this morning.  He harped on, as you are, about African "gangs".  He was left very blackfaced indeed when it was pointed out how inaccurate his views were.   As yours are.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #26 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:31am

Quote:
And if you are interested in where you have contradicted yourself, go back through your posts on related subjects and see how often you defend non-white non-Christian people from any form of criticism. Perhaps note how you seem to think that anyone on this forum holding a viewpoint that criticises Muslims for any reason cannot go unchallenged. Admittedly, I am tired at the moment and have no real incentive to go through your ramblings to prove my point. But someone has been posting under the username "Brian Ross" with a clear agenda of challenging anyone who does want to vent against a certain religion. By the way, you also have a habit of validating an opponent's view by inviting them to show proof of their assertions.

So, no evidence, just your impression?  Tsk, tsk, doesn't count for much.  Sorry, you cannot make such an assertion and not present any evidence.  All you sound like is a petulant child.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Obviously, you have missed the point about the 25 million vs 7000 million. Our Australian immigration is at a premium in that we can import 200,000 people in our migration program, and there would be plenty of people that miss out who would love to move to Australia. The problem being that the United Nation can have an overwhelming influence on our immigration program to a point that they could enforce Australia to double our immigration intake. They have been on record claiming that our strict refugee program is discriminatory. It is not an incredible concept that the UN could meddle in our general immigration, too. But the point (and back to the topic about the Western civilisation) is that we are not the only country that has to deal with an expanding world population. The western societies of the world are getting burdened with the third world running in their direction looking to be saved by guaranteed welfare and a chance at a better life. If the third world does not change their culture to more suitably reflect western values, then I am afraid that Western society will eventually collapse and be absorbed into third world standards.

Oh, dear, now demonising the UN!  The UN is powerless.  What power it has, is what we let it have.   We are a member state, we control how much influence the UN has.   I'd have thought the current Governments efforts at it's Pacific Gulag solution was evidence of that!  Oh, no, it's not, in your mind.   The UN does not control our policies, unless we want it to.   We sign treaties, we abide by those treaties.   If you have a problem with that, take it up with the Government, not the UN!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:26am:
I can point you to many "White societies" which do not adhere to the general principles of human rights.  Greece has been ruled by tyrannies, as recently as the 1970s when the Colonels' regime was in charge.  In Russia today, you have a corrupt oligarch who doesn't care one whit for human rights.  In Poland you have a autocratic, conservative government.  In Hungary, a government headed by a neo-Nazi party.  In Slovakia, the President was recently an admirer of the Nazis.   In the US, you have a lunatic in charge. 

Which one of these countries is not adhering to the general principles of human rights, Bwian? Maybe Russia is a bit iffy now and then but otherwise you are talking about three EU members and the US.

Autocratic? Neo-nazi?  You mean they do not agree with the Granuiad!! You are talking over the top nonsense as usual, Bwian. tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If anything, Greece's government was put in by the EU, over the heads of the Greeks. To characterise Trump as a lunatic is just ad hominem BS. You like to dish it out but you don't like to cop it, do you, ya stupid, spineless worm.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:25pm

Frank wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:09pm:
I can point you to many "White societies" which do not adhere to the general principles of human rights.  Greece has been ruled by tyrannies, as recently as the 1970s when the Colonels' regime was in charge.  In Russia today, you have a corrupt oligarch who doesn't care one whit for human rights.  In Poland you have a autocratic, conservative government.  In Hungary, a government headed by a neo-Nazi party.  In Slovakia, the President was recently an admirer of the Nazis.   In the US, you have a lunatic in charge. 

Which one of these countries is not adhering to the general principles of human rights, Bwian? Maybe Russia is a bit iffy now and then but otherwise you are talking about three EU members and the US.

Autocratic? Neo-nazi?  You mean they do not agree with the Granuiad!! You are talking over the top nonsense as usual, Bwian. tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If anything, Greece's government was put in by the EU, over the heads of the Greeks. To characterise Trump as a lunatic is just ad hominem BS. You like to dish it out but you don't like to cop it, do you, ya stupid, spineless worm.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Poor, poor, Soren.  You don't like being held to a civilised level of behaviour, do you?  When you've removed your foot from your mouth, yet again, we might be able to discuss matters.  Until then...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:26pm

GrinBrian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:25pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Poor, poor, Soren.  You don't like being held to a civilised level of behaviour, do you?  When you've removed your foot from your mouth, yet again, we might be able to discuss matters.  Until then...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin

You are caught out, Bwian, time and again and it's too easy. We just have to take you at your own words and your stupidity is instantly paraded for all to see.  Then you yawn and go off to say another idiotic thing elsewhere, only to be caught out again - and around we go.

Every time you say something other than yawn and tut-tut you reveal yourself as a know-nothing low-brow, spineless shill for Islam and a seething hater of civilisation.
Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #30 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:32pm

Frank wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:26pm:
GrinBrian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:25pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Grin Grin Grin

You are caught out, Bwian, time and again and it's too easy. We just have to take you at your own words and your stupidity is instantly paraded for all to see.  Then you yawn and go off to say another idiotic thing elsewhere, only to be caught out again - and around we go.

Every time you say something other than yawn and tut-tut you reveal yourself as a know-nothing low-brow, spineless shill for Islam and a seething hater of civilisation.
Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Poor, poor, Soren.  You really do hate your fellow Australians, particularly those ones that disagree with you, don't you?   Seems a shame that you've never really assimilated to downunder society.   Perhaps you should consider migrating back to Denmark?  I hear Copenhagan is nice, this time of year...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:40pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:32pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Poor, poor, Soren.  You really do hate your fellow Australians, particularly those ones that disagree with you, don't you?   Seems a shame that you've never really assimilated to downunder society.   Perhaps you should consider migrating back to Denmark?  I hear Copenhagan is nice, this time of year...   Roll Eyes

Are you now 'down under society', Bwian, you hater of everything civilised and enlightened and defender of every barbarity?  YOU???

Karnal will be along very soon to miam-miam on your brain....

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #32 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:51pm

Frank wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:40pm:

Are you now 'down under society', Bwian, you hater of everything civilised and enlightened and defender of every barbarity?  YOU???

Oh, lucky, lucky me.  Such joy in the air tonight.  Right, Soren?   You really don't like being criticised, do you?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:51pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:40pm:

Oh, lucky, lucky me.  Such joy in the air tonight.  Right, Soren?   You really don't like being criticised, do you?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

The judges are anonymous about you, Bwian:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #34 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:38pm

I think you need to work on that expression a little bit, Soren.   I really do.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:38pm:
I think you need to work on that expression a little bit, Soren.   I really do.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked

No, Bwian, it's very clear to all but you - what you say is bollocks.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 12:33am

Frank wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:58pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:38pm:

No, Bwian, it's very clear to all but you - what you say is bollocks.

I doubt people are "anonymous" about telling me about it, Soren.

Work on the expression.  Look up the different meanings for the words "anonymous" and "unanimous".   You might be surprised.  I understand English is your second language so I can understand why you have problems with some of the tricky spellings in it.   Work at it a bit harder, Soren.  You might find Australians accept you a little better...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:25am

BWian...

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #38 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:58pm

I think there is a double standard you show in your posts that contradict one another.

An interesting claim.  Care to produce proof where I have contradicted myself, WS?

Let's do this the old fashion way --- Thank you for accepting that you show a double standard in your post that contradict one another.

Quote:
As you note, their lower birthrate was because of external factors, other than because of direct choice, WS.   Today, we have choices about whether to have children or not.  We don't need large families to care for our aged in the same way we once did.   We do not have the time to both earn money and spend it and to raise kids when we don't need to.   Today, as a consequence we, all Australians have fewer children.  I remember back in the 1970s, the numbers of pregnant women you saw on the streets fell dramatically.   Women had learnt to master their own procreation cycles, they took the Pill, they made their lovers wear Condoms, they had Abortions or they just refrained from Sex altogether.   Nowadays, we see more pregnancies because people have rediscovered the joys of child bearing.   Why is it always assumed that migrants and in particular, Islamic migrants are immune to these social movements?   Roll Eyes

Brian, there are countries in the world that CAN afford to have many children because they don't have access to high cost tvs, homes, cars. Then there is the main issue that they have lots of children because it is part of their communal plan to keep safe and strong in number. Or that they don't have a choice. Once these people move to Australia, in the 10s of thousands, it does not mean that their children will have fewer children. Some of these countries are comparatively 200 years behind Australia's social standards, that once here, they seek out their own kind to continue their barbaric way of life. What you continue to ignore is that there are millions of their kind willing to hop a number of flights to get to Australia. So the point is that these "minorities" can outnumber Australians to become a majority through immigration -- not birthrates.

Quote:

Go through all the cultures that relate to European origins. Go through them all and sort out all the good and the bad. Then concentrate on the European cultures that relate to contemporary times, and find out which of the old cultures have been eliminated or outlawed. Then go research cultures that have a non-European origin. Find a few countries that have a non-white majority and then sort through which cultures these non-European countries still use that are outlawed in European countries. Then try and determine how much better European culture seems to be.

Quote:

You are probably too old to care because you are probably researching ways to spend your retirement. But I and anyone 15 years old than myself and those younger than me, are getting burdened with the consequences of your generation trying to show the world that you are not racist by importing anyone from anywhere without any thought of how they impact Australia. I think Australia has a much better quarantine program to eliminate undesirable species from entering this country and creating havoc. Why import people who have no desire to contribute to Australia, sit on welfare, commit crimes and antisocial behaviour, and try to encourage the rest of Australia to import more of their kind. That is neither a racist assumption, nor a fear or hatred of other cultures belief.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #39 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:36pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:58pm:

Let's do this the old fashion way --- Thank you for accepting that you show a double standard in your post that contradict one another.

I accept your claim?  Where?  Please, if you really want to do this the traditional way, you need to prove I contradict myself.  tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #40 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:45pm

[quote]As you note, their lower birthrate was because of external factors, other than because of direct choice, WS.   Today, we have choices about whether to have children or not.  We don't need large families to care for our aged in the same way we once did.   We do not have the time to both earn money and spend it and to raise kids when we don't need to.   Today, as a consequence we, all Australians have fewer children.  I remember back in the 1970s, the numbers of pregnant women you saw on the streets fell dramatically.   Women had learnt to master their own procreation cycles, they took the Pill, they made their lovers wear Condoms, they had Abortions or they just refrained from Sex altogether.   Nowadays, we see more pregnancies because people have rediscovered the joys of child bearing.   Why is it always assumed that migrants and in particular, Islamic migrants are immune to these social movements?   Roll Eyes

Brian, there are countries in the world that CAN afford to have many children because they don't have access to high cost tvs, homes, cars. Then there is the main issue that they have lots of children because it is part of their communal plan to keep safe and strong in number. Or that they don't have a choice. Once these people move to Australia, in the 10s of thousands, it does not mean that their children will have fewer children. Some of these countries are comparatively 200 years behind Australia's social standards, that once here, they seek out their own kind to continue their barbaric way of life. What you continue to ignore is that there are millions of their kind willing to hop a number of flights to get to Australia. So the point is that these "minorities" can outnumber Australians to become a majority through immigration -- not birthrates.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Really?  And I was always taught that the reason why people in the Third World have large families was because there was no social security system to care for them in their old age and instead they relied upon the brood to do it for them.   I know of no country, with an adequate social security system where large families are encouraged.  Indeed, I don't know of any society where large families are encouraged, period.  They occur because there is no social security system and because of a lack of contraception methods which are cheap and easily affordable.   Until you can produce evidence, otherwise, I think I'll just ignore your claims.

As for what happens when they arrive in Western societies, they get the aspirational bug - they want the cars, the tvs, the houses, the big fancy schools for their kids and so on and so on.   Just like the society that surrounds them.  Their birthrates rapidly fall to that of the surrounding society.   How inconsiderate of them, hey?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:

Go through all the cultures that relate to European origins. Go through them all and sort out all the good and the bad. Then concentrate on the European cultures that relate to contemporary times, and find out which of the old cultures have been eliminated or outlawed. Then go research cultures that have a non-European origin. Find a few countries that have a non-white majority and then sort through which cultures these non-European countries still use that are outlawed in European countries. Then try and determine how much better European culture seems to be.

It is all a matter of opinion.  You have Western Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Mittel-Europe, Eastern European countries.  All have varying levels of socio-economic power.   An example is Greece.  Back in the 1950s, it was impoverished by war, civil unrest and people emigrated to overseas destinations like Australia.  In the 1980s, it joined the EU.  It got back a democratic government, jettisoning the Colonels Junta.  It joined the Euro.  It go poor again.   People fled overseas again.   Today, Greeks are considered solid members of the Australian Multicultural Society.   The fortunes of their old country have risen and soured.   Their old country's fortunes have no effect on the present day Greek-Australians.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:49pm

You are probably too old to care because you are probably researching ways to spend your retirement. But I and anyone 15 years old than myself and those younger than me, are getting burdened with the consequences of your generation trying to show the world that you are not racist by importing anyone from anywhere without any thought of how they impact Australia. I think Australia has a much better quarantine program to eliminate undesirable species from entering this country and creating havoc. Why import people who have no desire to contribute to Australia, sit on welfare, commit crimes and antisocial behaviour, and try to encourage the rest of Australia to import more of their kind. That is neither a racist assumption, nor a fear or hatred of other cultures belief.

I have no intentions of retiring for many years.   I grew up in the sixties.  I came to adulthood in the late seventies.   I cannot understand what is so hard today for the youngsters.   All they need is drive and ambition.  If you lack those things, society will still care for you.  Can't afford a house in Sydney?  Move out of Sydney.  Go to a regional centre or another capital city.   Work hard, buy a flat.  Sell the flat.  Buy a house.  Simples really.  Sydney is a crappy place anyway.   See the rest of the country.  Who knows, you might meet real people and enjoy their company.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:22pm

That's only in the big cities Brian. In the bush the "White Australia Policy" is still alive ... and we love it that way out here. It's peaceful and tranquil, it's friendly and co-operative when we need things done, we understand each other perfectly when we converse and the Aussie sense of humour is also still alive. What we don't want or need is black Africans, Indians, Pakis, Asians and muslims stuffing it all up

If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:41pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:22pm:

That's only in the big cities Brian. In the bush the "White Australia Policy" is still alive ... and we love it that way out here. It's peaceful and tranquil, it's friendly and co-operative when we need things done, we understand each other perfectly when we converse and the Aussie sense of humour is also still alive. What we don't want or need is black Africans, Indians, Pakis, Asians and muslims stuffing it all up

95% of the Australian population lives in cities.   Time to climb out of the 1950s and live in the 21st century.  The "White Australia Policy" was finally overturned by Gough Whitlam.  We are no-longer a White monoculture.  Time to face facts.  Not live in your fantasy world.   Rural Australians are the most welcoming people I have met,  they don't care about the colour of a person's skin or what culture they practise any more than the overwhelming majority of Australians do.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #44 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 6:34pm

Shared customs and traditions bind people together in a society, not consumer goods or passports.

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #45 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 6:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:49pm:

I have no intentions of retiring for many years.   I grew up in the sixties.  I came to adulthood in the late seventies.   I cannot understand what is so hard today for the youngsters.   All they need is drive and ambition.  If you lack those things, society will still care for you.  Can't afford a house in Sydney?  Move out of Sydney.  Go to a regional centre or another capital city.   Work hard, buy a flat.  Sell the flat.  Buy a house.  Simples really.  Sydney is a crappy place anyway.   See the rest of the country.  Who knows, you might meet real people and enjoy their company.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Very true.
Sydney city is lovely and buzzy and beautiful but the sea of suburbia around it is totally overrated. Move out if you can and visit for a week once or twice a year, if you must.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:41pm:

95% of the Australian population lives in cities.   Time to climb out of the 1950s and live in the 21st century.  The "White Australia Policy" was finally overturned by Gough Whitlam.  We are no-longer a White monoculture.  Time to face facts.  Not live in your fantasy world.   Rural Australians are the most welcoming people I have met,  they don't care about the colour of a person's skin or what culture they practise any more than the overwhelming majority of Australians do.    Roll Eyes

Actually Holt and the Libs overturned and set in train the end of the white Australia policy and It was not until the Fraser Liberal government's review of immigration law in 1978 that all selection of prospective migrants based on country of origin was entirely removed from official policy.

Very recently bwian the media have been extolling Holts virtues and they said he brought the policy to an end.  i think you will find I am more correct than you.
As usual.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:41pm:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #48 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 9:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:36pm:

I accept your claim?  Where?  Please, if you really want to do this the traditional way, you need to prove I contradict myself.  tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

A little slow, are you Brian? You have accepted that I claimed you contradict yourself in posts by asking me to further validate my claim against you with proof. In the everyday world, accepting that your opponent has a point by asking him to "prove it" does validate your opponent's claim against you. You have accepted that someone has a valid point against you because you think that asking for proof puts the burden on someone that you have just validated with asking for evidence.

The burden of proof is upon the person making the assertion. But if you validate their assertion asking them to provide evidence, then it is the same as saying "That's interesting. Please continue with your critique of me". Going on about asking people to prove their cases against you and then finishing with a "tsk tsk" ad hominem, makes you sound like you have nothing to respond to an effective debate. It also makes you seem, informally, like some desperate troll. Looking to pick a fight whilst using deflection seems to be your main strategy.

Could I implore you to try a different approach to your monotonous auto-responder responses by simply denying that someone has said something true? "There is no evidence that I have contradicted myself" may be an acceptable response. A strong response might be "That is not true". THEN the onus goes back on the opponent to prove his case. I can't be bothered going through your posts to find something in one forum topic that contradicts a post in another forum topic. If I did, then I would have wasted some valuable reading time.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #49 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:45pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Really?  And I was always taught that the reason why people in the Third World have large families was because there was no social security system to care for them in their old age and instead they relied upon the brood to do it for them.   I know of no country, with an adequate social security system where large families are encouraged.  Indeed, I don't know of any society where large families are encouraged, period.  They occur because there is no social security system and because of a lack of contraception methods which are cheap and easily affordable.   Until you can produce evidence, otherwise, I think I'll just ignore your claims.

Um.... Brian? You do understand the concept of conception, don't you? In basic terms, it is when a man sticks his erect phallus into the vagina of a woman to stimulate both male and female in that copulation. At some point after, usually between 5 minutes and 50 minutes after the initial copulation, the male normally starts having misogynistic thoughts quickly ruminate through his head about how he wants to dominate his female partner he is having sex with, and then he grunts as a result of spasms from his ejaculations whilst erupting semen out his phallus and into the vagina and uterus of his female. Sometimes the male collapses onto his female in triumph of what he considered a good sexual encounter. Other times, the female gets off of him after she thinks he is done. A few times, the male walks off to find a tap with running water to wash the mace that had previously been sprayed into his face by his 'mate'. And then there are those that just say "Okay, I'm done. Get dressed and get out. Here's $20. Do you want me to call you a taxi?".

But in any event, there is rarely much planning that the baby-making department unless the couple are really planning on having the child. I would surmise that most conceptions universally are unplanned, and are the result of the man wanting to satiate his primal instincts.

In the third world, they have a largely male-dominated society that determines a large amount of how society runs. If a guy wants to have sex with his girlfriend or wife, he is not going to take "No" for an answer. Then you get those unwanted pregnancies amongst those that were wanted. It is very common for African societies where women have 5 to 10 children per family. Though, you would find today's average to be around 5 to 6, it is still a large number of children to have. And as such being an African society, these people do not plan for old age. Heck, even recently, old age is 50 years of age where you die of some preventable disease. But I digress. When someone does reach a time when they are too old to hunt or gather food, then they are basically on their death beds. Because there is no such thing as retirement in third world countries, you keep doing what you can until you can't. Even those infertile old ladies who did not have children -- they keep busy until people notice that they have not been around. Eventually, they will discover the smell.

Social security? Even that concept is about 70 to 80 years old in Australia. But do keep that in mind when you are retired. Because as fewer and fewer Australians are available to keep paying the taxes from their income and buying products with goods and services taxes... it won't be fast food workers, centrelink recipients, and taxi drivers feeding your old age.

Quote:
As for what happens when they arrive in Western societies, they get the aspirational bug - they want the cars, the tvs, the houses, the big fancy schools for their kids and so on and so on.   Just like the society that surrounds them.  Their birthrates rapidly fall to that of the surrounding society.   How inconsiderate of them, hey?   Roll Eyes

They get bored by big tv screens, cars, and what is in big houses, because they can't afford to buy them. Then they go for the thefts, like the Apex gangs. Genuine migrants work whatever job they had lined up for them. Others work whatever job they have available -- and work to survive before they work to keep up with the Jones'. But we seem to be missing the refugees, and the few migrants that have no appreciation for what they have. Those entitlement refugees. I bet many of them would rather 90% of Australia be Middle Eastern, African, Indian, Pakistani, or whatever their cultural background be.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #50 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:47pm

I have no intention of moving out of my quiet, regional town of Rockhampton. I am quite happy with the gentle nature of the environment, and even the redneck to sophisticated people whom I live, play and work. My house I live in is either going to be given to me in an inheritance or bought for the price of a cheap song, seeing that the house's value is not much more than Tay Allyn's "Mass Text" song.

The reason us Generation Xers are complaining about our state of affairs is because we are having to deal with our adulthoods competing with casual workers. I am a casual worker. I think that any fulltime job available to me would be snapped up in no time. Baby Boomers grew up in a time of free university education, plentiful employment, and a relatively safe environment. If modern young adults had that kind of deal, we too would be less pessimistic about our futures. Ergo, the reason why I am motivated to be a realist in this forum topic.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:00pm

“‘
Diversity’ is where once functioning societies go to die
,” observes Mark Steyn, who presents evidence for this in a brilliantly creative and possibly soon to be outlawed form.

Please enjoy, if that’s the right word.
https://www.steynonline.com/8364/welcome-to-the-new-year-same-as-the-old

An eight o'clock curfew
Seven sexual assailants
Six stabbers arrested
Five homes raided
Four women gang-raped
Three pubs attacked
Two police officers lynched
and a canceled New Year in Sydney

"Diversity" is where once functioning societies go to die. But who ya gonna believe - the official happy-talk or your acid-scarred eyes??

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:17pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 9:48pm:

A little slow, are you Brian? You have accepted that I claimed you contradict yourself in posts by asking me to further validate my claim against you with proof. In the everyday world, accepting that your opponent has a point by asking him to "prove it" does validate your opponent's claim against you. You have accepted that someone has a valid point against you because you think that asking for proof puts the burden on someone that you have just validated with asking for evidence.

Actually, what I am doing is rejecting your claim, you need to prove it.  You have thus far failed dismally to do so.  Keep trying, though, it is amusing to watch as your flounder.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:27pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:45pm:

Um.... Brian? You do understand the concept of conception, don't you?

Yes, thanks.  I have had three children with my wife.  I think I understand the process.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
But in any event, there is rarely much planning that the baby-making department unless the couple are really planning on having the child. I would surmise that most conceptions universally are unplanned, and are the result of the man wanting to satiate his primal instincts.

To a certain extent, I agree with you but in Western societies, it is accepted that women have a choice to refuse the advances of any man, legally, if necessary.  It is otherwise considered rape.   Even amongst Muslims in Australia, women have the right to say, "no!"  If they so desire.   If the man does not accept that choice, he can be charged with rape.

Quote:
In the third world...

We are not discussing the Third World.  We are discussing Australian society.  So your attempts at how Third World societies operate can be ignored.  Tsk, tsk. 

Quote:
Social security? Even that concept is about 70 to 80 years old in Australia. But do keep that in mind when you are retired. Because as fewer and fewer Australians are available to keep paying the taxes from their income and buying products with goods and services taxes... it won't be fast food workers, centrelink recipients, and taxi drivers feeding your old age.

The concept is actually over a hundred years old in Australia.  We were the first to introduce Widows' pensions, aged pensions, unemployment benefits and so on.   We led the world for the first half of the 20th century in that regard.  So, please don't try and lecture me about social security in Australia.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:

They get bored by big tv screens, cars, and what is in big houses, because they can't afford to buy them. Then they go for the thefts, like the Apex gangs. Genuine migrants work whatever job they had lined up for them. Others work whatever job they have available -- and work to survive before they work to keep up with the Jones'. But we seem to be missing the refugees, and the few migrants that have no appreciation for what they have. Those entitlement refugees. I bet many of them would rather 90% of Australia be Middle Eastern, African, Indian, Pakistani, or whatever their cultural background be.

Oh, dear, oh, dearie, me.  What happens is that when they arrive, they become all aspirational.  They seek employment, they find it and they work bloody hard to get all the things they want.  Their children, OTOH, often fail to adapt, to find work and fall into crime, drugs and so on.  The Apex Gang is just the latest development.  In 1950s, we had the Sharpies and the Wedgies and then the various Italian/Greek/Serbian/Croat/Bosnian gangs, then the Indochinese gangs.   The point is, they all grow up, they move on.  Some remained locked into a life of crime and drugs, the majority don't.   They become aspirational, they find work, they work bloody hard, they save and buy the things they desire.   It is quite simple, really.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #54 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:29pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:47pm:

I have no intention of moving out of my quiet, regional town of Rockhampton. I am quite happy with the gentle nature of the environment, and even the redneck to sophisticated people whom I live, play and work. My house I live in is either going to be given to me in an inheritance or bought for the price of a cheap song, seeing that the house's value is not much more than Tay Allyn's "Mass Text" song.

The reason us Generation Xers are complaining about our state of affairs is because we are having to deal with our adulthoods competing with casual workers. I am a casual worker. I think that any fulltime job available to me would be snapped up in no time. Baby Boomers grew up in a time of free university education, plentiful employment, and a relatively safe environment. If modern young adults had that kind of deal, we too would be less pessimistic about our futures. Ergo, the reason why I am motivated to be a realist in this forum topic.

Take it up with the Government which has encouraged the spread of casualisation of the workforce.   I have not been in favour of the ending of free education, the casualisation of the workforce, any of it.  However, it appears the majority of voters don't care about it.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:27pm:
We are not discussing the Third World.  We are discussing Australian society.  So your attempts at how Third World societies operate can be ignored.  Tsk, tsk. 

We are letting in a lot of Third World people and tell them to maintain their cultures and values.  And so, as everyone notices, there are more and more Third World values and habits in Australia.  Third World immigrants do not transform themselves when they go through customs, they do not leave the third world at the border. They bring it in, they cultivate it, they are encouraged to do so.

So I'm afraid we are discussing the Third World if/when we are discussing immigration on a large scale from the Third World, it cannot be avoided, the discussion.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #56 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 8:46pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:17pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 9:48pm:

Actually, what I am doing is rejecting your claim, you need to prove it.  You have thus far failed dismally to do so.  Keep trying, though, it is amusing to watch as your flounder.   Roll Eyes

You fell on your sword accepting my position by asking me to reinforce my point with proof. Ask any reputable lawyer, and he will put you in your place by making you agree with me about the rules of burden of proof.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #57 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 5:27pm:
Yes, thanks.  I have had three children with my wife.  I think I understand the process.   Roll Eyes

I have had several with 4 different women. All 4 women apiece want another child with me. So, I am also guilty of fecklessly fathering children without much thought of consequences. But, apart from one son now disowned, none of my children have grown up to become antisocial nuisances. I can't say the same about people from overseas who come here from antisocial cultures and think that they have the right to impose their criminal culture on Australia and get away with it.

Quote:
To a certain extent, I agree with you but in Western societies, it is accepted that women have a choice to refuse the advances of any man, legally, if necessary.  It is otherwise considered rape.   Even amongst Muslims in Australia, women have the right to say, "no!"  If they so desire.   If the man does not accept that choice, he can be charged with rape.

This is where you seem to show naivete. There are certain people in all cultures that show a blatant disregard for women's rights. The right to be refused sex, but unable to accept that. But you will find that women in western cultures are more likely to succeed in refusing sex, compared to most non-western cultured people. Even in Australia, if you hold misogynistic beliefs, some women refusing sex with you will end up bashed, raped and in some extreme cases, murdered. That is the unfortunate reality, rape charges be damned.

Quote:
In the third world...

[quote="Brian"]We are not discussing the Third World.  We are discussing Australian society.  So your attempts at how Third World societies operate can be ignored.  Tsk, tsk. [/quote]

It matters when women in the third world are considered baby factories, and are part of the reason why third world surplus populations are headed to Australia, for example. We are discussing the "West's" demographic suicide. High birthrates caused by women who have pregnancies from men wanting to get their jollies and reinforce their dominance, it will lead to overcrowded unwanted people running away from their problems, and trying to make their excess families our problems.

Quote:
The concept is actually over a hundred years old in Australia.  We were the first to introduce Widows' pensions, aged pensions, unemployment benefits and so on.   We led the world for the first half of the 20th century in that regard.  So, please don't try and lecture me about social security in Australia.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Not a worry. But you can imagine that the third world does not generally have that kind of safety net for unemployed and retired. You retire when you die. And if you dare retire, you die. Even 50 years ago, people were dying on average mostly before they turned 80. Living to 100 years was a very rare occurrence. People could have retired by 60 and died by 70. That trend seems to be making a comeback as more and more people die from obesity and diabetic related illnesses/conditions.

Quote:
Oh, dear, oh, dearie, me.  What happens is that when they arrive, they become all aspirational.  They seek employment, they find it and they work bloody hard to get all the things they want.  Their children, OTOH, often fail to adapt, to find work and fall into crime, drugs and so on.  The Apex Gang is just the latest development.  In 1950s, we had the Sharpies and the Wedgies and then the various Italian/Greek/Serbian/Croat/Bosnian gangs, then the Indochinese gangs.   The point is, they all grow up, they move on.  Some remained locked into a life of crime and drugs, the majority don't.   They become aspirational, they find work, they work bloody hard, they save and buy the things they desire.   It is quite simple, really.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

People will do enough to survive. For me, I was lucky enough to get a house that my relative own and pay little rent and little in terms of expenses. The only thing expected is that I keep the house in order and clean. I work in a casual job that could be giving me work hours anywhere between 10 and 30 hours. It has been over 2 years since I last worked over 30 hours for a week. I am required to search out 20 jobs a month, attend job network interviews every month, do TAFE, and that is it. Apart from 10 hours a week on this forum, I basically have 90 hours to spare for the week (50 of those being for sleep). I consider myself a lazy person, until I am given something to do.

But even the Centrelink people and my job network member do not consider me a burden because I work and earn my welfare supplemental income through mutual obligations. It is the people that sit around and do nothing with their lives and get paid twice as much welfare as I do that are the problem. If every loafing welfare recipient did as much work that I did, Australia would save billions in welfare costs. It is not about being aspirational. It is about survival. Nothing more. People will only become aspirational if they have a goal. Otherwise, they will sit on their behinds and do the minimum amount to alleviate their boredom or whatever they need to survive.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:58am

Katharine Betts and Bob Birrell,  26 October 2017
Australia’s population grew by a massive 384,000 in the year to March 2017, some 217,000, or 60 per cent, of which was due to net overseas migration.

Immigration is the dynamic factor in this population surge, reflecting a record high permanent migration program and generous settings for temporary-entry visas.

The consequences are becoming obvious and are being reflected in increased public concern about quality of life and questions concerning ethnic diversity.

The Australian Population Research Institute (TAPRI) commissioned a national survey of Australian voters in August 2017 to assess the extent of this concern and its causes.

The survey found that 74 per cent of voters thought that Australia does not need more people, with big majorities believing that that population growth was putting ‘a lot of pressure’ on hospitals, roads, affordable housing and jobs.

Most voters were also worried about the consequences of growing ethnic diversity. Forty-eight per cent supported a partial ban on Muslim immigration to Australia, with only 25 per cent in opposition to such a ban.

Despite these demographic pressures and discontents, Australia’s political and economic elites are disdainful of them and have ignored them. They see high immigration as part of their commitment to the globalisation of Australia’s economy and society and thus it is not to be questioned.

Elites elsewhere in the developed world hold similar values, but have had to retreat because of public opposition. Across Europe 15 to 20 per cent of voters currently support anti-immigration political parties.

Our review of elite opinion in Australia shows that here they think they can ignore public concerns. This is because their main source of information about public opinion on the issue, the Scanlon Foundation, has consistently reported that most Australians support their immigration and cultural diversity policies.

How could Australia be so different from other Western countries? It has long been argued, including by the Scanlon Foundation, that Australians were insulated from the economic shocks of the Global Financial Crisis in 2008-2009. This means that we have a lower share of angry ‘left behinds’ than in Europe and the US, that is, people suffering from economic stress who can be mobilised around an anti-immigration banner.

This is why Labor’s shadow Deputy Treasurer, Andrew Leigh, can assert that Australian attitudes to migrants are warm and ‘becoming warmer over time’ and that ‘there is solid support for the principle of non-discrimination’. It is also why, according to prominent writer David Marr, ‘more than almost any people on earth, we are happy for migrants to come in big numbers’.

The TAPRI survey refutes these findings. It shows that 74 per cent of voters believe that Australia does not need more people and that, at the time of the survey, 54 per cent wanted a reduction in the migrant intake. This includes 57 per cent of Liberal voters and 46 per cent of Labor voters. This result is far higher than the 34 per cent of respondents wanting a lower migrant intake reported in the last Scanlon survey (in July-August 2016).

Australian voters’ concern about immigration levels and ethnic diversity does not derive from economic adversity. Rather it stems from the increasingly obvious impact of population growth on their quality of life and the rapid change in Australia’s ethnic and religious make-up.

Such is the extent of these concerns that they could readily be mobilised in an electoral context by One Nation or any other party with a similar agenda, should such a party be able to mount a national campaign. If this occurs, the Liberal Party is likely to be the main loser.

The full text of the report is here.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #59 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:50pm

Elites Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Who needs them.
Right bwian oh Dr of Divinity... Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #60 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 2:31pm

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #61 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 4:36pm

Perhaps not of Mohammad, but stencilled with some reference to Islam.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:47pm

Muslim Labour  Mayor of London,  Sadiq Kahn  said on Twitter "We cannot allow a populist, anti-feminist narrative to take hold in Britain". This is a picture from a Labour Party meeting in Kahn's Britain.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Tsk, tsk.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #63 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:19pm

Frank wrote on Jan 16th, 2018 at 7:47pm:
Muslim Labour  Mayor of London,  Sadiq Kahn  said on Twitter "We cannot allow a populist, anti-feminist narrative to take hold in Britain". This is a picture from a Labour Party meeting in Kahn's Britain.

https://i.imgur.com/6ScsDfC.jpg

Not the national conference, now is it, Soren?   I cannot even find that picture online, anywhere.  I wonder where it was..    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #64 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 4:28pm

Butt Bwian....  YOU have trouble spelling GOOGLE
  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #65 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 6:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:19pm:

Not the national conference, now is it, Soren?   I cannot even find that picture online, anywhere.  I wonder where it was..    Roll Eyes

Ah, found it.  Daily Hate article on a meeting at Oldham West and Royton where Sadiq Khan didn't spoke.  How unsurprising as to it's source - the Paper that bankrolled Mosley and the British Union of Fascists, handed cash over to the Nazis and promoted Hitler.   The paper that is extremely Xenophobic and Islamophobic and Racist.   Tsk, tsk.   A meeting, note, not organised by the Labour Party but by the "Friends of Bangladesh group".   So, hardly representative of the mainstream Labour Party then...  Khan was not present at the meeting and did not address it, he wasn't even mentioned in the article, apart from the title!  Oh, dear, poor, poor, Soren, shot down.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 6:06pm:

Ah, found it.  Daily Hate article on a meeting at Oldham West and Royton where Sadiq Khan didn't spoke.  How unsurprising as to it's source - the Paper that bankrolled Mosley and the British Union of Fascists, handed cash over to the Nazis and promoted Hitler.   The paper that is extremely Xenophobic and Islamophobic and Racist.   Tsk, tsk.   A meeting, note, not organised by the Labour Party but by the "Friends of Bangladesh group".   So, hardly representative of the mainstream Labour Party then...  Khan was not present at the meeting and did not address it, he wasn't even mentioned in the article, apart from the title!  Oh, dear, poor, poor, Soren, shot down.    Roll Eyes

Yeah this is the reason why, a racist reason

"But the party is pinning its hopes on securing support from the Asian community to hold the seat which was won in May with a 15,000 majority."

Meeting attended by Labor candidate and high profile MPs

Photos of the event, organised by Labour Friends of Bangladesh and attended by the Labour candidate and several high profile MPs,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3339241/Fury-Labour-s-segregated-rally-S...

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:26pm

Ah, found it.  How unsurprising as to it's source - the Paper that bankrolled Mosley and the British Union of Fascists, handed cash over to the Nazis and promoted Hitler.   The paper that is extremely Xenophobic and Islamophobic and Racist.   Tsk, tsk.   A meeting, note, not organised by the Labour Party but by the "Friends of Bangladesh group".   So, hardly representative of the mainstream Labour Party then...  Khan was not present at the meeting and did not address it, he wasn't even mentioned in the article, apart from the title!  Oh, dear, poor, poor, Soren, shot down.    Roll Eyes

Did the Daily Mail make them sit in segregation?

No.

None of what you just said about Nazis and Mosley is pertinent. Why would you make all these irrelevant points if not to distract from the facts - Muslims are seated at British Labour Party function in sex-discriminatory segregation. And Labour allows it. Who took the pictures and published them is neither here nor there. Why would you bother expending so much energy on obvious irrelevancies, Brian?

Whose side are you on? The segregators' or their opponents'?i

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #68 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:45pm

So, you support the separate sitting of men and women, do you?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #69 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:36pm

Bertie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:26pm:

Ah, found it.  How unsurprising as to it's source - the Paper that bankrolled Mosley and the British Union of Fascists, handed cash over to the Nazis and promoted Hitler.   The paper that is extremely Xenophobic and Islamophobic and Racist.   Tsk, tsk.   A meeting, note, not organised by the Labour Party but by the "Friends of Bangladesh group".   So, hardly representative of the mainstream Labour Party then...  Khan was not present at the meeting and did not address it, he wasn't even mentioned in the article, apart from the title!  Oh, dear, poor, poor, Soren, shot down.    Roll Eyes

No.

None of what you just said about Nazis and Mosley is pertinent. Why would you make all these irrelevant points if not to distract from the facts - Muslims are seated at British Labour Party function in sex-discriminatory segregation. And Labour allows it. Who took the pictures and published them is neither here nor there. Why would you bother expending so much energy on obvious irrelevancies, Brian?

Whose side are you on? The segregators' or their opponents'?

You obviously didn't read what I typed, did you, Agatha?

The meeting was not arranged by the Labour Party.

Sadiq Khan did not speak.

The Daily Hate expresses it's fascist sympathies every time it makes bullshit like this up.

I do not believe in segregation for any reason.  However, I don't believe you can force people to do things if they don't want to.   The Friends of Bangladesh are obviously a conservative Muslim group.   So, it's not surprising they segregated their meeting.  It does not make them bad people, just conservative in their social outlook.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:37pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:45pm:

Erecting strawmen, Augie?  How unbecoming of you.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #71 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:37pm:

Better that than calling everyone Fascists and Islamophobes.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #72 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:43pm

I don't think he's going to answer the pertinent question there Auggie.
He never does... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #73 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 4:02pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:27pm:

So, then, Augie, what am I supposed to call them when they make Fascistic and Islamophobic statements?  Mmm?   I supposed I could just call them "dills"?   If they (and it appears by extension yourself) don't like being called for your arguments, then stop making Fascistic and Islamophobic statements.

BTW, I rarely call anyone a "Fascist", Augie.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #74 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:13pm

Facing reality, admitting when you are wrong, apologising for your Trolling and name calling, discourtesy, etc, etc, etc... might be a good start on the way to credibility bwian... then there's the lies, the dishonesty, the hypocrisy, etc, etc, etc...  but Rome wasn't built in a day hey...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #75 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:48pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:50pm:
Elites Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Who needs them.
Right bwian? oh Dr of Divinity... Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:14pm by Grendel »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:29pm

Is the picture inaccurate? Photoshopped? No.  It is a real photo of a real British Labour Party meeting.
That's the point, Bwian. This is Britain's Labour Party today.

Why shoot the messenger?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #77 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:06pm

Frank wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:29pm:

Is the picture inaccurate? Photoshopped? No.  It is a real photo of a real British Labour Party meeting.
That's the point, Bwian. This is Britain's Labour Party today.

Why shoot the messenger?

Because the motives of that particular messenger are always suspect, just like your own, Soren.   As I keep pointing out, this was not a Labour Party meeting.   I am unsure why you cannot read that point, Soren.  Are you going blind or something or does it just not suit your agenda.

How unsurprising that you'd quote the Daily Hate thought, the party that funded Mosely's Black Shirts, Hitler and his Nazi movement.   Tsk, tsk.   How could you?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:23pm

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Stop it bwian...  please... my stomach hurts from all the laughter.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #79 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 10:20am

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
Auggie wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:27pm:

So, then, Augie, what am I supposed to call them when they make Fascistic and Islamophobic statements?  Mmm?   I supposed I could just call them "dills"?   If they (and it appears by extension yourself) don't like being called for your arguments, then stop making Fascistic and Islamophobic statements.

BTW, I rarely call anyone a "Fascist", Augie.    Roll Eyes

You called me a Fascist for posting a video by Paul Joseph Watson about failed multiculturalism in Germany. Did you even watch it??

I suggest you watch a video of Hitler or Goebbels speaking and then come back to me when you understand the real meaning of fascist.

I have never called for the deportation of any citizen or resident, nor have I called for special rights for minority citizens. I advocate a controlled immigration process. Sure, does it involve some extra paperwork and time for migrants, but it's hardly infringing on their rights.

Come on, Brian. You're smarter than this.

Here's a question: is there ever a legitimate criticism of Islam, or of immigration?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #80 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 4:23pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 10:20am:
You called me a Fascist for posting a video by Paul Joseph Watson about failed multiculturalism in Germany. Did you even watch it??

Why bother?  No, Augie, I didn't call you a fascist. I suggested you were purveying a fascist viewpoint by posting that video.   If that makes you a Fascist, well, you're the one whose donned the hat...   Roll Eyes

Quote:
I suggest you watch a video of Hitler or Goebbels speaking and then come back to me when you understand the real meaning of fascist.

Oh, I know what Fascism is.   I once attended a David Irving lecture.  He's the closest I've come to hearing a real Nazi speak.   How about you?  Have you seen/heard a real Fascist speak?    Roll Eyes

Quote:
I have never called for the deportation of any citizen or resident, nor have I called for special rights for minority citizens. I advocate a controlled immigration process. Sure, does it involve some extra paperwork and time for migrants, but it's hardly infringing on their rights.

As the migrants if they're looking forward to them having to pass yet another exam.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Come on, Brian. You're smarter than this.

Here's a question: is there ever a legitimate criticism of Islam, or of immigration?

Here?  No, not really.  It is primarily about Muslims, not Islam.  Immigration?  Nope, not here again.  It centres around groups rather than numbers.  I am still waiting for a good thread about numbers.   One where the nature of migrants is forgotten about.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:18pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:06pm:
Because the motives of that particular messenger are always suspect, just like your own, Soren.   As I keep pointing out, this was not a Labour Party meeting.   I am unsure why you cannot read that point, Soren.  Are you going blind or something or does it just not suit your agenda.

How unsurprising that you'd quote the Daily Hate thought, the party that funded Mosely's Black Shirts, Hitler and his Nazi movement.   Tsk, tsk.   How could you?    Roll Eyes

Weally, Bwian?? Weally?

You keep pointing out that you are not only wilfully stupid and a liar but that you are also a blind bat. Those red banners - what do they say, Bwian?
Or you can't read anything on a red background? or what?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:24pm

And before you cry, shiftily, lyingly that. 'Oh, that not Australia', - it is happening in Australia too.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/radical-group-hizb-uttahrir-segregate...

Look at all the beautiful people....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Addressed by Wazzup D.   Tongue

Wazzap demanding open mindedness and intellectual rigour!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

His boss in Ankara called for death and jihad.

Who to believe?????  Bwian?  You must believe both, as a Bwian.  Gandalf? Paki faqir?  They speak one way in English, another way in Arabic.  There is a word for this in Arabic, no?  Starts with T and ends with aqqiya.

« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:40pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #83 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:51pm

Well Auggie there you go again.
You ask bwian a simple straightforward question and he obfuscates...
It has ever been thus Auggie...
In over 20 years he has never deviated from being a disingenuous TROLL. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #84 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 6:04pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
Here?  No, not really.  It is primarily about Muslims, not Islam.  Immigration?  Nope, not here again.  It centres around groups rather than numbers.  I am still waiting for a good thread about numbers.   One where the nature of migrants is forgotten about.    Roll Eyes

Ok, if you want to talk about numbers let's talk about numbers. I have said many times on this forum that I do not support discrimination of any culture, race or ethnicity. I support a harder road to citizenship.

I support a reduction in the number of asylum seekers we take in and other migrants to about half of what we take in now, progressing down slowly. This policy affects everyone, so it affects persecuted Christians in Muslim-majority countries.

I have never advocated, unlike the Australian Liberty Alliance, that we suspend immigration from Muslim-majority countries. It's simply a matter of number because it's easier to integrate people when there are less of them coming in.

My view is with regard to this issue: whether you're increasing immigration or decreasing it, everyone has to be treated exactly the same. Either no one gets in, or people get in on equal terms - that's my viewpoint. Which means once the quota is up persecuted Christians can't get in. This is a different viewpoint from Trump and other more conservative parties who support special programmes for Christian minorities. I don't support this.

Either everyone has the right, or no one has the right. You can't pick and choose.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Quote:
Ok, if you want to talk about numbers let's talk about numbers. I have said many times on this forum that I do not support discrimination of any culture, race or ethnicity. I support a harder road to citizenship.

Really you don't support discrimination?
Australia's immigration policy is discriminatory, always has been.  IMO it doesn't discriminate enough.
I discriminate and you discriminate on a daily basis...  every time we have to make a decision we discriminate.

Bwian discriminates... all the time... 
He even discriminates negatively towards his fellow Australians. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #86 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 6:56pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
Quote:

Really you don't support discrimination?
Australia's immigration policy is discriminatory, always has been.  IMO it doesn't discriminate enough.
I discriminate and you discriminate on a daily basis...  every time we have to make a decision we discriminate.

Bwian discriminates... all the time... 
He even discriminates negatively towards his fellow Australians. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We do discriminate, but only based on citizenship; not race, creed or ethnicity.

Yes, we all discriminate on a daily basis, but that's much different from the government discriminating against people.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #87 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:34pm

Ah NO
You are wrong.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #88 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:38pm

Hizbut Tahrir meetings like the ones at Lakemba are segregated by sex too bwian...  google images will prove that... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:45pm

More Islamic Segregation.
Women to the back and to one side.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #90 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:51pm

Women walk behind...

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #91 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:52pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
Ah NO
You are wrong.

Explain?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #92 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:53pm

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #93 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 8:53pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:52pm:
Grendel wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
Ah NO
You are wrong.

Explain?

We already have a discriminatory Immigration policy.
We have quotas.
We have health requirements.
Just for starters.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 7:26am

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #95 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 10:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 9:36pm:

No.

The Daily Hate expresses it's fascist sympathies every time it makes bullshit like this up.

I do not believe in segregation for any reason.  However, I don't believe you can force people to do things if they don't want to.   The Friends of Bangladesh are obviously a conservative Muslim group.   So, it's not surprising they segregated their meeting.  It does not make them bad people, just conservative in their social outlook.

Do you always make such concessions for Western conservatives, or only for Islamic conservatives?

Is there a double standard you are pretending to be unaware of here?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 2:07pm

Bertie wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 10:27pm:

No.

Do you always make such concessions for Western conservatives, or only for Islamic conservatives?

Unlike many here, I don't make bullshit up.  Do you?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #97 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 5:09pm

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  oh you're funny bwian.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 12:15pm

Elites brought about a “profound transformation” of Belgian society without any public debate by manipulating immigration figures as more than one million migrants poured in, a liberal senator has alleged.

Writing in Le Figaro, Alain Destexhe said the realities of demographic change are being concealed across Europe by “the multiculturalist lobby which dominates universities, NGOs, public institutions and the media”.

“Like France, Belgium has changed dramatically in a relatively short time, and was transformed into a mass immigration nation without any public debate,” he said, noting that its population rose from 10.2 million to 11.3 million in a relatively short period as a result of mass migration.

Between 2000 and 2010, Belgium’s net migration figures ran “nine times higher than in the Netherlands, four times higher than in France and Germany, and even greater than in the U.S.” in proportion to the nation’s size.

It is the same in almost every Western country - demographic transformation without any mandate for it. No wonder there is white flight in areas where third worlders form ghettos.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #99 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 2:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
Bertie wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 10:27pm:

No.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Otherwise known as total self-denial... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 9:00pm

You are too thick to make it up, granted.

But you propagate it, push it, voice it.  You are just lying. Dishonesty and distortion is what you do.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #101 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 10:36pm

Frank wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 9:00pm:

You are too thick to make it up, granted.

But you propagate it, push it, voice it.  You are just lying. Dishonesty and distortion is what you do.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk. tsk. if I "lie", am "dishonest" or "distort" things why don't you ever post any proof, Soren?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:47am

There is no need to repost your lies bwian...  even though I did just that very recently...  tsk, tsk, tk.....

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 6:17pm

A Porto Rico born Canadian professor explains the hollowness and stupidity of multiculturalism (not his words but mine) and the inexplicable self-abnegation of Canadians and other Western nations.

You can substitute Australia for Canada (except when he discusses, very interestingly, the Trudeaus hand in all this.

See also

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2018 at 6:22pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #104 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 6:32pm

85% of Australians disagree with you (and him), Soren.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #105 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 6:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 6:32pm:
85% of Australians disagree with you (and him), Soren.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

http://www.premiumhealthpro.com/images/arrow.gif

You keep forgetting to tell us what the question was to which the mythical 85% agreed to, Bwian.

Alzheimers? Dementia? Deliberate lying and fudging? Could be anything but the latter is most likely.  Tsk, tsk.  Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #106 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 6:29pm

Frank wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 6:12pm:

You keep forgetting to tell us what the question was to which the mythical 85% agreed to, Bwian.

Alzheimers? Dementia? Deliberate lying and fudging? Could be anything but the latter is most likely.  Tsk, tsk.  Cry Cry Cry

Oh,dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, Soren.  Do your own research.   You are quite capable of reading the Scanlon Foundation report.   Run along, back to your little Kiddies' Playground.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 12:08pm

This Topic was moved here from Multiculturalism and Race by miketrees.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #108 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 10:49pm

This Topic was moved here from Recycle Bin by Setanta.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #109 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 2:02am

So... we all dead white muthas in 100 years, yeah?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 6:29pm:

Oh,dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, Soren.  Do your own research.   You are quite capable of reading the Scanlon Foundation report.   Run along, back to your little Kiddies' Playground.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I am but you aren't.

We can see you are trying to hide, you know. We can see you avouding the wpqustions every time your are caught ut with your idiocies and lies.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #111 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 6:27pm

Frank wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 5:56pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 6:29pm:

I am but you aren't.

We can see you are trying to hide, you know. We can see you avouding the wpqustions every time your are caught ut with your idiocies and lies.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Soren.  What am I hiding?  Nothing.   I have merely suggested you do your own research, if you are able.  I'm not sure you can, afterall, you keep asking me rather than presenting your evidence yourself.  Do you need me to lead you down the garden path by the hand?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 6:56pm

You know you are lying, Bwian, otherwise you would be trumpeting the question from thee rooftops just to show that your 85 % is not a sleight of hand and misrepresentation.

But honesty cannot be expected from you and your like.

« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2018 at 8:54pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #113 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 7:35pm

Frank wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
You know you are lying, Bwian, otherwise you would be trumpeting the question from thee rooftops just to show that your 85 % is not a sleight of hand and misrepresentation.

But honesty cannot be expected fro you and your like.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Soren.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 9:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 7:35pm:

You are caught out again, spineless, lying ass.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #115 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 9:49pm

Frank wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 9:42pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, Soren, off back to your little kiddies' playground.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 10:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 9:49pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 9:42pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, Soren, off back to your little kiddies' playground.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The Scanlon Foundation surveys have sought to
establish the meaning of multiculturalism in Australia.  
The 2013 survey asked respondents to indicate level of
agreement with five statements concerning
multiculturalism, presented in both positive and
negative terms:   
 Benefits/ does not benefit the economic
development of Australia.
 Encourages/ discourages immigrants to become
part of Australian society.
 Strengthens/ weakens the Australian way of life.
 Gives immigrants the same/ more opportunities
than the Australia‐born.
 Reduces/ increases the problems immigrants
face in Australia.

The strongest positive association of multiculturalism
was with its contribution to economic development
(75% agree) and its encouragement of immigrants to
become part of Australian society (71%).

The 2016‐17 Scanlon Foundation surveys indicate, in
keeping with earlier findings, that majority opinion does
not support a policy of assimilation, but nor does it
support government funding of cultural maintenance. 

Hence when in 2016 respondents were presented with
the proposition that ‘it is best for Australia if all people
forget their different ethnic and cultural backgrounds as
soon as possible’ only 28% of respondents were in
agreement, 68% in disagreement; a contrasting
proposition, that governments should provide
assistance to ethnic minorities to enable them to
‘maintain their customs and traditions’ also finds only
minority agreement, in 2017 at 34%, while disagreement
is at 58%.

For the majority, multiculturalism involves a two‐way
process of change,
requiring adaptation by Australia‐
born and immigrant. 
The 2016 and 2017 surveys have
presented respondents with two propositions, that ‘we
should do more to learn about the customs and heritage
of different ethnic and cultural groups in this country,’
and ‘people who come to Australia should change their
behaviour to be more like Australians.’  Close to two out
of three respondents (in the range 60%‐66%) indicated
agreement with both propositions

Bwian, you stupid, bastard.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #117 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 11:02pm

That, Soren, is not the question which was asked.  Who is lying now?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2018 at 5:28pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #118 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 1:15am

I think Brian should invest in chamomile tea for the hours before a reasonable bedtime. Those yawns at 7:35pm are really getting tiresome (no pun intended). If he has some hydrating tea like chamomile, and perhaps some melatonin tablets, he could get a good 9 hours sleep and be ready for the next day at 7am in the morning.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 at 11:02pm:
That, Soren, is not the question which was asked.  Who is lying now?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Oh, you know the question? But won't  tell in case it's  manifestly misleading?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #120 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:43pm

Frank wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:36pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Appears you don't know what the question was, do you, Soren?   Tsk, tsk, fishing?  Sorry, not biting.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:44pm

Not moderating either. Tsk tsk!

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:38pm

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 9:43pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Appears you don't know what the question was, do you, Soren?   Tsk, tsk, fishing?  Sorry, not biting.    Roll Eyes

85% of Australians support Multiculturalism - https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/1189188/mapping-social-cohesion-national-report-2017.pdf

What was the question to which 85% of Australians answered supportingly, Bwian?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #124 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:48pm

Frank wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:03pm:

85% of Australians support Multiculturalism - https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/1189188/mapping-social-cohesion-national-report-2017.pdf

Do your own research, Soren.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 7:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:48pm:

So you are lying and hiding, you silly ass.

Grin Grin Grin  Tut-tut.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #126 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 10:01pm

Frank wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 7:30pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 6:48pm:

So you are lying and hiding, you silly ass.

Grin Grin Grin  Tut-tut.

Luke 5:1-11

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 12:07pm

Sahih Bukhari, Ablutions (Wudu'), Volume 1, Book 4, Number 234

Narrated Abu Qilaba: "Anas said, "Some people of 'Ukl or 'Uraina tribe came to Medina and its climate did not suit them. So the Prophet ordered them to go to the herd of (Milch) camels and to drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). So they went as directed and after they became healthy, they killed the shepherd of the Prophet and drove away all the camels. The news reached the Prophet early in the morning and he sent (men) in their pursuit and they were captured and brought at noon. He then ordered to cut their hands and feet (and it was done), and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron, They were put in 'Al-Harra' and when they asked for water, no water was given to them." Abu Qilaba said, "Those people committed theft and murder, became infidels after embracing Islam and fought against Allah and His Apostle .

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #128 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 2:29am

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 10:01pm:

That's the story about Jesus recruiting fishermen after bribing them with a great haul of fish to start catching men. Very pro-gay.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #129 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 2:31am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 2:29am:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 10:01pm:

That's the story about Jesus recruiting fishermen after bribing them with a great haul of fish to start catching men. Very pro-gay.

Or the fish could have represented the female anatomy, and that the new recruits were recruited to go chase men in some sort of homosexual romp.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print