Hubble Teescope (Read 3306 times)
TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: Hubble Teescope
Reply #30 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:25pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:32pm:
True. But maybe they had other Telescopes (earth based) already keeping an eye on it?
Hubble is primarily used for extremely extremely distant stuff that earth-based Telescopes can't even come close to seeing, because of the atmosphere's distortions.

I want it to take the best shot in the universe of the great emu in the sky but im not paying for it!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #31 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:28pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:28pm:
Jasin wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:16pm:
Johnnie wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 10:52pm:
To bad that Hubble didn't see that meteorite that went wizzing past us a couple of days ago the size of a bus till it went past us.

I think Hubble only looks at what it gets 'paid' to look at.
Heaps of people 'pay' to have Hubble look at their chosen point of reference for whatever reason.

Yeah I know but an object that size  wizzing past us in less then the distance to the moon is whoosh,, one 10 times the size wiped out the dinosaurs. What if it had hit our moon, everything would been thrown out of whack.

Lol, I never thought about that but the odds of hitting such a small object increase by orders of magnitude so that’s why no one entertains that possibility I suppose!

I’ve just explained myself to myself!

Back to singing iron maiden and watching the cricket I suppose!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #32 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:30pm

Hang on a second,.. I smell a rat!

If it was only the size of a bus how come the commentary here says that it was ten times the size of what wiped out the dinosaurs?

....telll me!

....tell me !!

Tongue

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #33 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:33pm

Secondly, will sprint kindly, and finally  Roll Eyes Huh Huh Huh, show some respect to the human race by editing the fn thread title to language spoken on earth?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:55pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
Hang on a second,.. I smell a rat!

If it was only the size of a bus how come the commentary here says that it was ten times the size of what wiped out the dinosaurs?

....telll me!

....tell me !!

Tongue

It's a mixed bag of lollies. Sometimes it can be twice as big but travelling twice as slow and thus the 'impact damage' is considerably different.
Imagine a much smaller meteor, than the one that impacted during the Dinosaurs - but travelling at x30 times faster ...it would rupture the Earth's crust considerably and hot magma would spew forth over the planet's surface for millions of years!

After Ronald Regan's 'Star Wars' idea of putting 'guns' in space and pointing them back at earth to keep the peace...
...I kinda have less fear of meteors these days.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print