Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Climate Change: The Facts 2017 Jennifer Marohasy (Read 4289 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Climate Change: The Facts 2017 Jennifer Marohasy
Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:30am

A book everyone should read about climate change.

Especially the Monk........ Cheesy

I'll be investing in one...... Wink

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Climate Change: The Facts 2017 Jennifer Marohasy
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 10:33am

Koch Brothers-funded propaganda.

You should be ashamed of yourself

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 4:14pm

Marla wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 10:33am:

Hi Marla

For all your slapstick commentary how is it that you of all people can't pick out the snake oil when its shoved under your nose..... Cheesy

I'll tellya what show me how CO2 affects temperature and I will believe................ Wink

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 5:16pm

Got a reference for that? Or is it just another drive-by shooting? Wink

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 6:57pm

I really like the part when she is standing next to a graph talking about meaningless spikes while claiming there is a pause because of the spikes where you can plainly see a consistent but gradual increase in the graph and an audience with a case of selective blindness.

The area after the spike is higher than the area before the spike and gradually increasing.

If there was a 17 year gap it sure didn't appear on the graph she was using.

You could easily draw a line from the mid point of the start at about -0.2 to the mid point at the end at about +0.3 it would show a trend line showing a consistent increase across the graph.

The dimmest idiot can see an increasing trend here.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:09pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:04pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 6:57pm:
I really like the part when she is standing next to a graph talking about meaningless spikes while claiming there is a pause because of the spikes where you can plainly see a consistent but gradual increase in the graph and an audience with a case of selective blindness.

The area after the spike is higher than the area before the spike and gradually increasing.

Yeah the funny thing is though that CO2 emissions have increased like never before, I think two thirds of all manmade CO2 emissions are after 2002 or there a bouts.

So were is the correlation between CO2 and temperature...??

Clearly temperature for 18 years had stabilized yet we pump out more than 2/3's of all manmade CO2.

Show me the correlation between CO2 and temperature and like I said to Marla I will believe it.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:13pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:04pm:

Yeah the funny thing is though that CO2 emissions have increased like never before, I think two thirds of all manmade CO2 emissions are after 2002 or there a bouts.

Clearly temperature for 18 years had stabilized yet we pump out more than 2/3's of all manmade CO2.

Show me the correlation between CO2 and temperature and like I said to Marla I will believe it.

Sorry I added the graph as you posted this.

Can you see the pause ?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:16pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:13pm:

Can you see the pause ?

Yep its between the two spikes, steady as she goes but our emissions are going through the roof...?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:17pm

Compared to natural CO2 emissions mans emissions of CO2 are just too small to register.

Notice the sharp rise in fossil fuel CO2 emissions after 2000.

After 2000 fossil fuel emissions were 3 times the amount of fossil fuel emissions in the prior decade to 2000, that is 3 times as much fossil fuel emission went into our atmosphere after 2000 than the decade before 2000.

But the average yearly increase after 2000 just like the decade prior to 2000, average increase in CO2 remains more or less steady at 2.1ppm per year.

Fossil fuel CO2 emissions at 2.3% of the total CO2 natural emissions are insignificant and get lost in the noise.

That's why the average yearly increase of CO2 has remained steady at 2.1ppm per year even though fossil fuel emissions have shot through the roof.

Yes fossil fuels emissions contribute but the contribution is small at 2.3% of the total amount of natural CO2 that is emitted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZqWMEpyUM

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:16pm:

Can you see the pause ?

Yep its between the two spikes, steady as she goes but our emissions are going through the roof...?

You just squeezed a 17 year pause into 12 years – well done.

However, if you look at the average level immediately before the spike and the previous high level they are approx. -0.05 (after the spike it returned to that level). and +0.08.

Across the claimed 17 years it finishes at +.3 at your 12 year mark an averaged line would finish around 0.15
It is not possible to draw a flat line between any of those start and finish points without it clearly showing an increase.

You really can not recognise that the first half of the graph is primarily below the zero line and that the last half is primarily above zero?

Any you really do not recognise an overall consistent positive trend?
Keep in mind that this graph is the climate sceptics ACE card.

What they have done is to rely on the anomaly of two spikes and a dip to manufacture a false result.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #10 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:08pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:17pm:
Compared to natural CO2 emissions mans emissions of CO2 are just too small to register.

After 2000 fossil fuel emissions were 3 times the amount of fossil fuel emissions in the prior decade to 2000, that is 3 times as much fossil fuel emission went into our atmosphere after 2000 than the decade before 2000.

But the average yearly increase after 2000 just like the decade prior to 2000, average increase in CO2 remains more or less steady at 2.1ppm per year.

Fossil fuel CO2 emissions at 2.3% of the total CO2 natural emissions are insignificant and get lost in the noise.

That's why the average yearly increase of CO2 has remained steady at 2.1ppm per year even though fossil fuel emissions have shot through the roof.

Yes fossil fuels emissions contribute but the contribution is small at 2.3% of the total amount of natural CO2 that is emitted.

http://i63.tinypic.com/24ez5zd.jpg

Stay away from my kids won’t ya buddy  Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #11 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:15pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 4:14pm:

Hi Marla

For all your slapstick commentary how is it that you of all people can't pick out the snake oil when its shoved under your nose..... Cheesy

I'll tellya what show me how CO2 affects temperature and I will believe................ Wink

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:19pm

steady at 2.1ppm per year
it is increasing at 2.1ppm every year - each and every year.

contribution is small at 2.3% of the total amount of natural CO2
Lets see we are going over the balance point by 2.1ppm each yrear and fossil fuels are only contribution 2.3% you say and I don't know if that correlates to the estimate that Anthropogenic CO2 emissions are at about 4.3 ppm.

So from your numbers it looks like the CO2 system is out of balance by 2.1 ppm and that we are causing an input of 4.3ppm ?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #13 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:26pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm:
You just squeezed a 17 year pause into 12 years – well done.

However, if you look at the average level immediately before the spike and the previous high level they are approx. -0.05 (after the spike it returned to that level). and +0.08.

Across the claimed 17 years it finishes at +.3 at your 12 year mark an averaged line would finish around 0.15
It is not possible to draw a flat line between any of those start and finish points without it clearly showing an increase.

You really can not recognise that the first half of the graph is primarily below the zero line and that the last half is primarily above zero?

Any you really do not recognise an overall consistent positive trend?
Keep in mind that this graph is the climate sceptics ACE card.

What they have done is to rely on the anomaly of two spikes and a dip to manufacture a false result.

I’m not denying that the Earth has warmed, it has been warming since the little ice age, that is fact that anyone can research and find, except the IPCC who once did show the little ice age but then for some unexplained reason took it out of their report and replaced it with the hockey stick.

With regards to reading the graph depending on where you start and finish after 1998 you can come to all sorts of conclusions. Yes I can see that before 1998 the graph is below 0.0 and after 1998 its above BUT can you please show me how CO2 is responsible for this increase in temperature….??

The crux of the matter with the alarmists and the warmists is that global mean temperature on Earth responds to the amount of atmospheric CO2 that is present, CO2 is the most prominent driver of warming the Earth according to the IPCC and its associates which most people that have done any research on this subject will end up telling that is a furphy if they’ve ever heard.

Now please show me how any rise in temperature is because of man’s emissions of CO2 which are so small they are lost in the natural emissions of CO2 from natural sinks as the Earth warms up.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #14 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:29pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:19pm:

steady at 2.1ppm per year
it is increasing at 2.1ppm every year - each and every year.

contribution is small at 2.3% of the total amount of natural CO2
Lets see we are going over the balance point by 2.1ppm each yrear and fossil fuels are only contribution 2.3% you say and I don't know if that correlates to the estimate that Anthropogenic CO2 emissions are at about 4.3 ppm.

So from your numbers it looks like the CO2 system is out of balance by 2.1 ppm and that we are causing an input of 4.3ppm ?

As the Earth warms is emits more and more CO2.

The increasing trend of the atmospheric CO2 is not following the increase of mans emissions but rather the emissions from the natural sinks as the earth warms.

That is the whole point of that article, otherwise we would have a different shaped graph.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #15 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:31pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:15pm:

Hi Marla

So all the increase in CO2 is due to mans emissions that's snake oil right there brother.

No natural emissions............????

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #16 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 9:04pm

Ajax has always been a kiddie fiddler!

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #17 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 1:00am

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:26pm:
I’m not denying that the Earth has warmed, it has been warming since the little ice age...

Or at least that's what the Koch Brothers tell you.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #18 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 7:47am

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:31pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:15pm:

Hi Marla

So all the increase in CO2 is due to mans emissions that's snake oil right there brother.

No natural emissions............????

The natural emissions have been in balance for thousands of years. It is additional Co2 in the system that changes the balance.

We have seen a temp change in this last century greater than expected from natural change in many thousands of years. The difference is believed to be what we are putting into the atmosphere.

The vast majority of climate scientists believe that it is primarily Co2.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 11:11am

Can you see the pause ?

You will notice that the climate deniers always use a graph that starts with 1997 or 1998. It is this dishonest cherry picking of data that implies the so called "pause".

Dnarever's graph is over a longer time frame (climate is considered to be over 30 years at least). It shows that amongst the noise there is a steady increase in temperature.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 11:43am

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 11:11am:
You will notice that the climate deniers always use a graph that starts with 1997 or 1998. It is this dishonest cherry picking of data that implies the so called "pause".

You notice Dna's graph starts in 1979? Is that cherry picking or what? Why did climate start in 1979?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #21 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 3:46pm

lee wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 11:43am:
The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 11:11am:

You notice Dna's graph starts in 1979? Is that cherry picking or what? Why did climate start in 1979?

Actually it is the same graph used by Marohasy and it starts at 1979 because that is when that type of satellite measurement became available.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 4:29pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
Actually it is the same graph used by Marohasy and it starts at 1979 because that is when that type of satellite measurement became available.

Yep. So a poor metric for climate change.

You do know they did the "no warming bit" by working backwards? That is from the latest date to the earliest date.

Also the IPCC acknowledges the "hiatus", as well as multiple papers. So you disagree with the IPCC. Well done.

Did you know the "hiatus" is determined by the IPCC  as warming not being at the same rate as the 1979-2000 warming? See DRAH's comment about "rates of change". Except he doesn't like it when you point out the "rate of change" is not constant.

Phil Jones CRU -

"Temperature data for the period 1860-1880 are more uncertain, because of sparser coverage, than for later periods in the 20th Century. The 1860-1880 period is also only 21 years in length. As for the two periods 1910-40 and 1975-1998 the warming rates are not statistically significantly different (see numbers below).

I have also included the trend over the period 1975 to 2009, which has a very similar trend to the period 1975-1998.

So, in answer to the question, the warming rates for all 4 periods are similar and not statistically significantly different from each other. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8511670.stm

Did you think temperatures should just continue to go up with CO2? No natural variability?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #23 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 4:34pm

lee wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 4:29pm:

You do know they did the "no warming bit" by working backwards? That is from the latest date to the earliest date.

Also the IPCC acknowledges the "hiatus", as well as multiple papers. So you disagree with the IPCC. Well done.

Did you know the "hiatus" is determined by the IPCC  as warming not being at the same rate as the 1979-2000 warming? See DRAH's comment about "rates of change". Except he doesn't like it when you point out the "rate of change" is not constant.

Phil Jones CRU -

"Temperature data for the period 1860-1880 are more uncertain, because of sparser coverage, than for later periods in the 20th Century. The 1860-1880 period is also only 21 years in length. As for the two periods 1910-40 and 1975-1998 the warming rates are not statistically significantly different (see numbers below).

I have also included the trend over the period 1975 to 2009, which has a very similar trend to the period 1975-1998.

So, in answer to the question, the warming rates for all 4 periods are similar and not statistically significantly different from each other. "

Did you think temperatures should just continue to go up with CO2? No natural variability?

It is the centre piece of the no climate change exponents 17 year pause evidence. This is what their entire case is based on ???

You can not have it both ways.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 4:46pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 4:34pm:
It is the centre piece of the no climate change exponents 17 year pause evidence. This is what their entire case is based on ???

Wrong. It is the centrepiece of the alarmists. They are using the same flawed metric to show it. If they were using only the last  17 year pause there would be no need to go back to 1979. Wink

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #25 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 4:56pm

Changing the goalposts!

Lee doesn’t get paid much!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #26 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 9:46pm

Phil Jones CRU -

Quote:

In reality they don't. it has been dishonestly attributed that they do by the sceptics but it is untrue.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 10:04am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 9:46pm:
Quote:

In reality they don't. it has been dishonestly attributed that they do by the sceptics but it is untrue.

Perhaps you need to read the IPCC Report.

"Box 9.2 | Climate Models and the Hiatus in Global Mean Surface Warming of the Past 15 Years
The observed global mean surface temperature (GMST) has shown a much smaller increasing linear trend over the past 15 years than over the past 30 to 60 years (Section 2.4.3, Figure 2.20, Table 2.7; Figure 9.8; Box 9.2 Figure 1a, c). Depending on the observational data set, the GMST trend over 1998–2012 is estimated to be around one-third to one-half of the trend over 1951–2012 (Section 2.4.3, Table 2.7; Box 9.2 Figure 1a, c). For example, in HadCRUT4 the trend is 0.04oC per decade over 1998–2012, compared to 0.11oC per decade over 1951–2012. The reduction in observed GMST trend is most marked in Northern Hemisphere winter (Section 2.4.3; Cohen et al., 2012). Even with this “hiatus” in GMST trend, the decade of the 2000s has been the warmest in the instrumental record of GMST (Section 2.4.3, Figure 2.19). Nevertheless, the occurrence of the hiatus in GMST trend during the past 15 years raises the two related questions of what has caused it and whether climate models are able to reproduce it."

WG1AR5_Chapter09_FINAL.pdf

So you are either dishonest or don't know what you are talking about.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #28 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 10:53am

lee wrote on Dec 25th, 2017 at 10:04am:
Dnarever wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 9:46pm:
Quote:

Perhaps you need to read the IPCC Report.

"Box 9.2 | Climate Models and the Hiatus in Global Mean Surface Warming of the Past 15 Years
The observed global mean surface temperature (GMST) has shown a much smaller increasing linear trend over the past 15 years than over the past 30 to 60 years (Section 2.4.3, Figure 2.20, Table 2.7; Figure 9.8; Box 9.2 Figure 1a, c). Depending on the observational data set, the GMST trend over 1998–2012 is estimated to be around one-third to one-half of the trend over 1951–2012 (Section 2.4.3, Table 2.7; Box 9.2 Figure 1a, c). For example, in HadCRUT4 the trend is 0.04oC per decade over 1998–2012, compared to 0.11oC per decade over 1951–2012. The reduction in observed GMST trend is most marked in Northern Hemisphere winter (Section 2.4.3; Cohen et al., 2012). Even with this “hiatus” in GMST trend, the decade of the 2000s has been the warmest in the instrumental record of GMST (Section 2.4.3, Figure 2.19). Nevertheless, the occurrence of the hiatus in GMST trend during the past 15 years raises the two related questions of what has caused it and whether climate models are able to reproduce it."

WG1AR5_Chapter09_FINAL.pdf

So you are either dishonest or don't know what you are talking about.

There are thousands of reports and even this one is talking about the claimed hiatus period as a drop in the rate of increase. The climate sceptics claim that there is no increase. It is different. The vast majority are still saying that there was no hiatus.

Quote:
But the 'hiatus' since the record hot year of 1998 — probably due to increased heat uptake by the oceans — is no sign that global warming has stopped, as some would like to hope.

There are a number of views that have been considered as you would expect. Nobody is saying that global warming has stopped. Most of the other indicators ignored this supposed pause.

Things like record hot year after record hot year, Retreating glaciers etc have all ignored this supposed hiatus. 

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 11:17am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 25th, 2017 at 10:53am:
There are thousands of reports and even this one is talking about the claimed hiatus period as a drop in the rate of increase. The climate sceptics claim that there is no increase. It is different.

I don't know anyone who says that. Can you please provide proof?

The vast majority are still saying that there was no hiatus.

And the later ones say that there was. Who to believe? Wink

You do know it is not a popularity contest? The most votes doesn't necessarily win.

Things like record hot year after record hot year,

Oh you mean the ones that can pinpoint temperatures back to 1880-1890 to within +-.01º C. That's too funny. I think there were something like 5 stations in Europe back then. And of course the water temperature wasn't input into global temps until about 1980 and then they reconstructed backwards.

Absolutely too funny.

But at least you have now agreed that the IPCC did in fact say there was an hiatus.

You will notice I also wrote this-
Did you know the "hiatus" is determined by the IPCC  as warming not being at the same rate as the 1979-2000 warming?

Well, I suppose I could be wrong. According to you 1998. Wink

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #30 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 2:22pm

Lee is still playing semantics: when mummy and daddy hate their own flesh and blood there isn't much that can be done about it!!

Go greed...

Al-Qaeda initially considered targeting nuclear power plants on 9/11 but decided against it, fearing things could "get out of control." ( source: https://www.factslides.com/s-9-11 )

Go greed...

Hey lee, greed is good aslong as long as someone else loses their arms and legs for it  Shocked Shocked Shocked !
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2017 at 2:31pm by TheFunPolice »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #31 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 8:58pm

lee wrote on Dec 25th, 2017 at 11:17am:
There are thousands of reports and even this one is talking about the claimed hiatus period as a drop in the rate of increase. The climate sceptics claim that there is no increase. It is different.

The vast majority are still saying that there was no hiatus.

And the later ones say that there was. Who to believe? Wink

You do know it is not a popularity contest? The most votes doesn't necessarily win.

Things like record hot year after record hot year,

Oh you mean the ones that can pinpoint temperatures back to 1880-1890 to within +-.01º C. That's too funny. I think there were something like 5 stations in Europe back then. And of course the water temperature wasn't input into global temps until about 1980 and then they reconstructed backwards.

Absolutely too funny.

But at least you have now agreed that the IPCC did in fact say there was an hiatus.

You will notice I also wrote this-
Did you know the "hiatus" is determined by the IPCC  as warming not being at the same rate as the 1979-2000 warming?

Well, I suppose I could be wrong. According to you 1998. Wink

Quote:

One google search 1.5 seconds first link: Well ok it is by an idiot.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/04/no-global-warming-at-all-for-18-years-9-m...

Quote:
The Pause lengthens again – just in time for Paris

No global warming at all for 18 years 9 months – a new record

By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 11:55pm

Yes. Did you look at the graphs and the trend line? Or don't you believe in trends?

But you only lasted one question. I guess it's a fail for you.
You know graph lines go up and down and a trend line can be drawn don't you? The alarmists used to do it a lot. Now not so much. Wink

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #33 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 9:35pm

lee wrote on Dec 25th, 2017 at 11:55pm:
Yes. Did you look at the graphs and the trend line? Or don't you believe in trends?

You know graph lines go up and down and a trend line can be drawn don't you? The alarmists used to do it a lot. Now not so much. Wink

Lee has a trend line of shiteingdown little kids throats !

Cheesy

Don’t ya lee?  Wink Wink

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #34 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 10:55am

Pseudo-science lee, everybody

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #35 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:04pm

Marla wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 10:55am:

Jevons paradox is why the twin towers fell!

Lee still can’t figure out that the baby boomers greedy ego got smashed in front of the whole world, never to be found again, on that day!

Nothing grows exponentially ... lee is a ghost!

How many people jumped again???

Lee might know the answer  Wink

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:28pm

It is better pseudo-science than your Hottest year evah bullsh1t.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #37 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:33pm

Have a look for yourself - I have been rubbing you guys faces in the obviously positive temp trend line for several days.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:04pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:33pm:
I have been rubbing you guys faces in the obviously positive temp trend line for several days.

Really? What dates have you got showing this warming trend? Are you using straight line, least squares regression, or some other method of determining trend?

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #39 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:11am

lee wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:28pm:

Problem is, lee, It's not bullshit, lee. Nice try, lee.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:58pm

Pseudo-science... global warming, global cooling, global warming, global warming, global dimming, global cooling, global warming, oh the heck with it... CLIMATE CHANGE... but its really global warming.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #41 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:03pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:58pm:

Pseudo-science... global warming, global cooling, global warming, global warming, global dimming, global cooling, global warming, oh the heck with it... CLIMATE CHANGE... but its really global warming.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grendel knows nothing!

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:03pm

Global Warming would be occurring if like climate commissioner Tim Flannery said the world had increases in temperature and aridity; no more rain, snow etc, etc... 
But the Pseudo Scientists marla and her ilk believe say we have more extremes temperatures hotter and colder...  yes folks global warming means colder temperatures.  How's it going in the States btw marla?  Oh right...  really really cold...  lots snow due to global warming eh.

Global warming would mean temps are continuously going up kiddies...  Winter would be no more, etc, etc, etc... Sheesh.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #43 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:13pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:03pm:
Global Warming would be occurring if like climate commissioner Tim Flannery said the world had increases in temperature and aridity; no more rain, snow etc, etc... 
But the Pseudo Scientists marla and her ilk believe say we have more extremes temperatures hotter and colder...  yes folks global warming means colder temperatures.  How's it going in the States btw marla?  Oh right...  really really cold...  lots snow due to global warming eh.

Global warming would mean temps are continuously going up kiddies...  Winter would be no more, etc, etc, etc... Sheesh.

Lol, you expect the water to boil off into space?

Grin

You’re just a spastic who wants to profit off the misery of the next generation!

What do you need: another house?

You’ve wasted your life buddy  Cheesy

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:08pm

Marla wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:11am:
lee wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:28pm:

Problem is, lee, It's not bullshit, lee. Nice try, lee.

Perhaps Marla you could show some data. Not from NOAA/NASA/NSIDC etc.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:57pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:13pm:

Grin

You’re just a spastic who wants to profit off the misery of the next generation!

Yet still my life is better on so many levels than yours.
For instance the people you hang with on this issue do in fact say Earths water will disappear and the Earth will become like Venus.  Oh dear, forget that one did you? Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2017 at 8:55am by Grendel »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #46 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 7:20am

Right from the start climate change symptoms were said to be more extremes both hot and cold or wet and dry.

However average yearly temperatures just keep going up and up.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 8:56am

Are you having a problem with English DNA?
of course you are.

What I wrote is correct. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What you wrote is a lie....  even the IPCC acknowledged the Pause.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #48 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 8:57am

How's it going in the States btw marla?  Oh right...  really really cold...  lots snow due to global warming eh.

Snow? Really? Where?

Not one ski resort this season is operating at full capacity. And the little snow we received over Christmas was about and inch-and-a-half (@4 centimeters). Wow. It was more or less gone the next day.

Stupid hippie.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:38am

Good grief she doesn't even know what the weather is doing in the country she claims to come from. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:43am

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #51 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:51am

Quote:
1. Jackson Hole – PAF: 99.0

The stalwart of our rankings holds the vanguard position once again. Jackson can’t be denied, not after a banner winter that dumped 593 inches of snow, with a peak snow depth that reached 158 inches on the mountain, a record.

Quote:
2. Alta – PAF: 96.87

Alta is at once a time machine and a utopia that evokes what skiing was, and what it always should be. A quick look around at Alta tells skiers—there are no snowboarders here­—that this place is different. Snow cakes everything here, from the road signs to the vertical rock faces.

Alta is one of the few ski resorts in order to America that feels decidedly like the Alps, but with far more snow.

Quote:
3. Snowbird – PAF: 96.72

Anybody who has been to Utah’s Little Cottonwood Canyon realizes that Alta and Snowbird are close cousins, or perhaps even siblings of a sort. They are the only two ski resorts that benefit from the greatest snow trap in North America, and they share a snowbound ambience that’s unique to this curious crack of Wasatch topography.

Snow varies seasonally with WEATHER Marla.

Even on a daily basis, get back to us when there is no snow eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #52 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 11:34am

Grendel wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 8:56am:
of course you are.

The supposed pause is a slowdown of the increase of ocean surface temperatures on one measure, The IPCC say that it does not mean that warming stopped. We have had record hot year after record year in that period.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:28pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 11:34am:
We have had record hot year after record year in that period.

We are recovering from the LIA. Didn't you expect temperatures to rise? If temperatures rise, inevitably there will be records. Wink

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #54 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:36pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:57pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:13pm:

Grin

Yet still my life is better on so many levels than yours.
For instance the people you hang with on this issue do in fact say Earths water will disappear and the Earth will become like Venus.  Oh dear, forget that one did you? Cheesy

Actually they don’t!

You’re a spastic mate!

Grin

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #55 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:38pm

lee wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
We have had record hot year after record year in that period.

We are recovering from the LIA. Didn't you expect temperatures to rise? If temperatures rise, inevitably there will be records. Wink

Nothing to see hear folks.... move along!

Lee the Internet cop is arresting your kids breathing room again!!

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #56 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 2:08pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:38am:
Good grief she doesn't even know what the weather is doing in the country she claims to come from. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nice try, stupid hippie.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #57 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 2:10pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:43am:

Dumbass, most of the snow in my state has been MAN MADE. Correction: only one resort is operating at full capacity. And you're still a stupid hippie.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #58 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 2:11pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:51am:
Quote:

The stalwart of our rankings holds the vanguard position once again. Jackson can’t be denied, not after a banner winter that dumped 593 inches of snow, with a peak snow depth that reached 158 inches on the mountain, a record.

Quote:

Alta is at once a time machine and a utopia that evokes what skiing was, and what it always should be. A quick look around at Alta tells skiers—there are no snowboarders here­—that this place is different. Snow cakes everything here, from the road signs to the vertical rock faces.

Alta is one of the few ski resorts in order to America that feels decidedly like the Alps, but with far more snow.

Quote:

Anybody who has been to Utah’s Little Cottonwood Canyon realizes that Alta and Snowbird are close cousins, or perhaps even siblings of a sort. They are the only two ski resorts that benefit from the greatest snow trap in North America, and they share a snowbound ambience that’s unique to this curious crack of Wasatch topography.

Even on a daily basis, get back to us when there is no snow eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Is ONE OF THOSE GOD DAMN resorts in my state?

Stupid hippie.
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/06/colorado-ski-areas-missing-snow/

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #59 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 8:59pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 8:56am:
of course you are.

The supposed pause is a slowdown of the increase of ocean surface temperatures on one measure, The IPCC say that it does not mean that warming stopped. We have had record hot year after record year in that period.

Come back when you address facts and stop regurgitating denialist rubbish DNA.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #60 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 9:01pm

Marla wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 2:11pm:
Grendel wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:51am:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is ONE OF THOSE GOD DAMN resorts in my state?

Stupid hippie.
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/06/colorado-ski-areas-missing-snow/

Stopped snowing in the States has it?
No snow season this year eh? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
English not your first language?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #61 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 9:06pm

Marla Marla Marla...  don't you read the articles you post links for?

Quote:
Take a beat and calm yourselves. There’s still plenty of winter to come.

Meteorologists say the snow season is not a wash
— at least, not yet. If Colorado is as dry in February as it is now, then it’s cause for concern,
but it’s still early.

“We’re not that far below normal for snow pack yet,”
National Weather Service meteorologist Paul Schlatter said.
“When it’s early in the season like this we can still be optimistic, just because there’s so much more snow to fall.”

According to Snowtel data as of Tuesday, snowpack statewide is about
58 percent of normal and about 92 percent of last year.

Weather Marla...  get back to us in another 28 years and we can discuss Climate Change. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #62 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 1:59am

There was consideration that Australia be the first southern hemisphere country to host the winter Olympics. The AOC have stated that they will either rely on a snowy winter in the Australian Alps. Else they would create artificial snow to make up for any shortfall. Thredbo and Perisher to work together in producing the arenas for the games. Bidding for hosting the 2026 games will take place next year.

Just thought you would like to know.

IP Logged

hatman92

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 7:17am

Not too many people even the true believers care about global warming.

Ever heard a politician say they will restrict the use of oil in transportation to reduce emissions?

I never have. 

Ever heard a political party say they will top using air travel, the most inefficient way to travel and instead move to ground based travel methods?

Isn't the Sydney to Melbourne air route one of the busiest in the world.

Shows you most people care factor for global warming only extends to the point doing anything about it does not affect their bank account and living style.

After all look at all the subsidies the government has had to pump into renewable energy.  No one seems to be very charitable and pump their money into it without any chance of a profit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print