Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Climate Change: The Facts 2017 Jennifer Marohasy (Read 4311 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Climate Change: The Facts 2017 Jennifer Marohasy
Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:30am

A book everyone should read about climate change.

Especially the Monk........ Cheesy

I'll be investing in one...... Wink

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Climate Change: The Facts 2017 Jennifer Marohasy
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 10:33am

Koch Brothers-funded propaganda.

You should be ashamed of yourself

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 4:14pm

Marla wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 10:33am:

Hi Marla

For all your slapstick commentary how is it that you of all people can't pick out the snake oil when its shoved under your nose..... Cheesy

I'll tellya what show me how CO2 affects temperature and I will believe................ Wink

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 5:16pm

Got a reference for that? Or is it just another drive-by shooting? Wink

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 6:57pm

I really like the part when she is standing next to a graph talking about meaningless spikes while claiming there is a pause because of the spikes where you can plainly see a consistent but gradual increase in the graph and an audience with a case of selective blindness.

The area after the spike is higher than the area before the spike and gradually increasing.

If there was a 17 year gap it sure didn't appear on the graph she was using.

You could easily draw a line from the mid point of the start at about -0.2 to the mid point at the end at about +0.3 it would show a trend line showing a consistent increase across the graph.

The dimmest idiot can see an increasing trend here.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:09pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:04pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 6:57pm:
I really like the part when she is standing next to a graph talking about meaningless spikes while claiming there is a pause because of the spikes where you can plainly see a consistent but gradual increase in the graph and an audience with a case of selective blindness.

The area after the spike is higher than the area before the spike and gradually increasing.

Yeah the funny thing is though that CO2 emissions have increased like never before, I think two thirds of all manmade CO2 emissions are after 2002 or there a bouts.

So were is the correlation between CO2 and temperature...??

Clearly temperature for 18 years had stabilized yet we pump out more than 2/3's of all manmade CO2.

Show me the correlation between CO2 and temperature and like I said to Marla I will believe it.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:13pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:04pm:

Yeah the funny thing is though that CO2 emissions have increased like never before, I think two thirds of all manmade CO2 emissions are after 2002 or there a bouts.

Clearly temperature for 18 years had stabilized yet we pump out more than 2/3's of all manmade CO2.

Show me the correlation between CO2 and temperature and like I said to Marla I will believe it.

Sorry I added the graph as you posted this.

Can you see the pause ?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:16pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:13pm:

Can you see the pause ?

Yep its between the two spikes, steady as she goes but our emissions are going through the roof...?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:17pm

Compared to natural CO2 emissions mans emissions of CO2 are just too small to register.

Notice the sharp rise in fossil fuel CO2 emissions after 2000.

After 2000 fossil fuel emissions were 3 times the amount of fossil fuel emissions in the prior decade to 2000, that is 3 times as much fossil fuel emission went into our atmosphere after 2000 than the decade before 2000.

But the average yearly increase after 2000 just like the decade prior to 2000, average increase in CO2 remains more or less steady at 2.1ppm per year.

Fossil fuel CO2 emissions at 2.3% of the total CO2 natural emissions are insignificant and get lost in the noise.

That's why the average yearly increase of CO2 has remained steady at 2.1ppm per year even though fossil fuel emissions have shot through the roof.

Yes fossil fuels emissions contribute but the contribution is small at 2.3% of the total amount of natural CO2 that is emitted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZqWMEpyUM

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:16pm:
Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:13pm:

Can you see the pause ?

Yep its between the two spikes, steady as she goes but our emissions are going through the roof...?

You just squeezed a 17 year pause into 12 years – well done.

However, if you look at the average level immediately before the spike and the previous high level they are approx. -0.05 (after the spike it returned to that level). and +0.08.

Across the claimed 17 years it finishes at +.3 at your 12 year mark an averaged line would finish around 0.15
It is not possible to draw a flat line between any of those start and finish points without it clearly showing an increase.

You really can not recognise that the first half of the graph is primarily below the zero line and that the last half is primarily above zero?

Any you really do not recognise an overall consistent positive trend?
Keep in mind that this graph is the climate sceptics ACE card.

What they have done is to rely on the anomaly of two spikes and a dip to manufacture a false result.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #10 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:08pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:17pm:
Compared to natural CO2 emissions mans emissions of CO2 are just too small to register.

After 2000 fossil fuel emissions were 3 times the amount of fossil fuel emissions in the prior decade to 2000, that is 3 times as much fossil fuel emission went into our atmosphere after 2000 than the decade before 2000.

But the average yearly increase after 2000 just like the decade prior to 2000, average increase in CO2 remains more or less steady at 2.1ppm per year.

Fossil fuel CO2 emissions at 2.3% of the total CO2 natural emissions are insignificant and get lost in the noise.

That's why the average yearly increase of CO2 has remained steady at 2.1ppm per year even though fossil fuel emissions have shot through the roof.

Yes fossil fuels emissions contribute but the contribution is small at 2.3% of the total amount of natural CO2 that is emitted.

http://i63.tinypic.com/24ez5zd.jpg

Stay away from my kids won’t ya buddy  Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #11 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:15pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 4:14pm:

Hi Marla

For all your slapstick commentary how is it that you of all people can't pick out the snake oil when its shoved under your nose..... Cheesy

I'll tellya what show me how CO2 affects temperature and I will believe................ Wink

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:19pm

steady at 2.1ppm per year
it is increasing at 2.1ppm every year - each and every year.

contribution is small at 2.3% of the total amount of natural CO2
Lets see we are going over the balance point by 2.1ppm each yrear and fossil fuels are only contribution 2.3% you say and I don't know if that correlates to the estimate that Anthropogenic CO2 emissions are at about 4.3 ppm.

So from your numbers it looks like the CO2 system is out of balance by 2.1 ppm and that we are causing an input of 4.3ppm ?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #13 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:26pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:03pm:
You just squeezed a 17 year pause into 12 years – well done.

However, if you look at the average level immediately before the spike and the previous high level they are approx. -0.05 (after the spike it returned to that level). and +0.08.

Across the claimed 17 years it finishes at +.3 at your 12 year mark an averaged line would finish around 0.15
It is not possible to draw a flat line between any of those start and finish points without it clearly showing an increase.

You really can not recognise that the first half of the graph is primarily below the zero line and that the last half is primarily above zero?

Any you really do not recognise an overall consistent positive trend?
Keep in mind that this graph is the climate sceptics ACE card.

What they have done is to rely on the anomaly of two spikes and a dip to manufacture a false result.

I’m not denying that the Earth has warmed, it has been warming since the little ice age, that is fact that anyone can research and find, except the IPCC who once did show the little ice age but then for some unexplained reason took it out of their report and replaced it with the hockey stick.

With regards to reading the graph depending on where you start and finish after 1998 you can come to all sorts of conclusions. Yes I can see that before 1998 the graph is below 0.0 and after 1998 its above BUT can you please show me how CO2 is responsible for this increase in temperature….??

The crux of the matter with the alarmists and the warmists is that global mean temperature on Earth responds to the amount of atmospheric CO2 that is present, CO2 is the most prominent driver of warming the Earth according to the IPCC and its associates which most people that have done any research on this subject will end up telling that is a furphy if they’ve ever heard.

Now please show me how any rise in temperature is because of man’s emissions of CO2 which are so small they are lost in the natural emissions of CO2 from natural sinks as the Earth warms up.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #14 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:29pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:19pm:

steady at 2.1ppm per year
it is increasing at 2.1ppm every year - each and every year.

contribution is small at 2.3% of the total amount of natural CO2
Lets see we are going over the balance point by 2.1ppm each yrear and fossil fuels are only contribution 2.3% you say and I don't know if that correlates to the estimate that Anthropogenic CO2 emissions are at about 4.3 ppm.

So from your numbers it looks like the CO2 system is out of balance by 2.1 ppm and that we are causing an input of 4.3ppm ?

As the Earth warms is emits more and more CO2.

The increasing trend of the atmospheric CO2 is not following the increase of mans emissions but rather the emissions from the natural sinks as the earth warms.

That is the whole point of that article, otherwise we would have a different shaped graph.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print