Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Ever tried lucid dreaming. (Read 2470 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Ever tried lucid dreaming.
Dec 17th, 2017 at 11:53pm

I have done this a few times and it is a hoot, I highly recommend it.
Anything is possible and it is like being in your own movie.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Ever tried lucid dreaming.
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 3:45am

Yes - do it all the time... sometimes even do re-runs.... some of the 'stories' involved I've turned into short stories... some would make great movies...

Trouble is remembering them all once awake.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:25am

Johnnie wrote on Dec 17th, 2017 at 11:53pm:

I have. It takes a lot of practice, but you can learn to wake up in a dream. In this state, you are aware of your surroundings - your bedroom, it's furniture, your own body. You can then jump into the air and fly. You can travel places that aren't technically in this world - they exist in the dream world. You can meet people, you can go places.

The thing that drags you down is a lack of concentration. To function in the dream world, you need a strong sense of awareness, otherwise you forget who you are and go back to dreaming. Desire often traps you, or fear. This weighs you down and you can end up surrounded by negative entities. You need to have your wits about you.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:52am

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:25am:

I have. It takes a lot of practice, but you can learn to wake up in a dream. In this state, you are aware of your surroundings - your bedroom, it's furniture, your own body. You can then jump into the air and fly. You can travel places that aren't technically in this world - they exist in the dream world. You can meet people, you can go places.

The thing that drags you down is a lack of concentration. To function in the dream world, you need a strong sense of awareness, otherwise you forget who you are and go back to dreaming. Desire often traps you, or fear. This weighs you down and you can end up surrounded by negative entities. You need to have your wits about you.

Karnal - you must be on drugs.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:36am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:52am:

I haven't tried a drug which could work. Lucid dreaming requires higher, more finely-tuned awareness. You need to be incredibly focused.

You can use exercises to help you. I never would have believed it until I tried it, but certain mantras work. I was a big sceptic until I tried this. Lucid dreaming opened up a world to me that I've only ever heard of - the Bardo state of Tibetan Buddhists, the astral realm of the gnostics, the Dreaming of Australian Aboriginals.

As Jesus the Christ said in the gospel of Thomas, "if you think the Kingdom is in the sky, the birds will proceed you. If you think it's in the sea, the fish will proceed you. The Kingdom is within - and without".

Jesus is referring to a place that exists only in consciousness, but is an independent world in and of itself. All the ancient spiritual teachings refer to this.

You can travel in this world via your dreams, but you need to practice hard.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:46am

You described it to a tee, I can generally only maintain this state for what seems like a minute or two at a time and I can go anywhere and do anything I want, and yes flying is one of those things, upon waking I can remember everything about it and have even been able to go back to sleep and reenter that dream, its pretty wild and I have not had any bad experiences.
As for Bobby saying you must be on drugs, I doubt anyone could do it with so much as a half an aspro in the system.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:56am

i used to lucid dream- i  have a highly evolved spiritual state of awareness- you do not need to be focussed- it just happens to you

I bet you haven't shared a dream with someone else- my daughter and I have when she was about 5-she woke up and describe my dream to me and she was in it and in my dream yes- she was having the exact same dream-  these dreams are so rare and it has only happened to me once and until it did I never knew these dreams existed

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:06pm

Agnes wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:56am:
i used to lucid dream- i  have a highly evolved spiritual state of awareness- you do not need to be focussed- it just happens to you

I bet you haven't shared a dream with someone else- my daughter and I have when she was about 5-she woke up and describe my dream to me and she was in it and in my dream yes- she was having the exact same dream-  these dreams are so rare and it has only happened to me once and until it did I never knew these dreams existed

That's pretty cool but i have never done that, I have met with people I have known though and they look exactly what they look like for real, our brains are amazing things.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:20pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:52am:

Never used them myself........ can't speak for Karnal's knowledge of them...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:28pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:06pm:

That's pretty cool but i have never done that, I have met with people I have known though and they look exactly what they look like for real, our brains are amazing things.

And sometimes others appear in different forms, as your mind sees them. It's quite common for people who have near death experiences to be visited by Jesus, or Krishna, or the Virgin Mary.

These are probably the same beings in different forms.

I never know in the dream world whether I'm meeting real beings or aspects of my own mind.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:33pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:28pm:

And sometimes others appear in different forms, as your mind sees them. It's quite common for people who have near death experiences to be visited by Jesus, or Krishna, or the Virgin Mary.

I never know in the dream world whether I'm meeting real beings or aspects of my own mind.

That's caused by your Pakistani husband having sex with you while you sleep babe.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 3:31pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 3:45am:
Yes - do it all the time... sometimes even do re-runs.... some of the 'stories' involved I've turned into short stories... some would make great movies...

Trouble is remembering them all once awake.

Sounds like you have it down to a fine art or whatever it can be called, unless you are taking the Mickey,  Ye Grappler.
My first experience was many years ago and never even knew what lucid dreaming was, it just happened.
I might have to do a bit of training to take to another level.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 4:20pm

Karnal had a dream he served in Vietnam.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 6:34pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 4:20pm:
Karnal had a dream he served in Vietnam.

A fckin nightmare. The dreams don't stop.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 6:42pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:28pm:

I personally don't think it is anything spiritual, its just an awareness, and whatever your mind can conjure up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print