Send Topic Print
Sociopath (Read 7990 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Sociopath
Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:06pm

I have a probable Sociopath at work.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this ?

Quote:
Sociopath
Sociopaths are people who have little to no conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate others for their own benefit. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don't care because they don't think that way. If you are naive enough, they will brainwash you into doing exactly what they say and what they want which is the only time a sociopath is truly happy.
Sociopaths can hide this well if you haven't known them for long. They're really nice and charming at first, almost too nice, but it's extremely fake. The niceness will last until a problem occurs in which they are at fault however, you will be manipulated to believe that you are in the wrong. There is no reasoning with this person. Things have to be their way or it's the highway. They will blame you for hurting them (even if they're the ones who hurt you) or blame the world for all their problems (knowing full well they do crappy things in general). They are compulsive liars and even if they do apologize, it's never genuine. Most are anti social and have few to no friends because most people around them don't want to associate with them. However the sociopath will again tell you that "people hate me for no reason/the world is against me". The only person who will put up with a sociopath is someone who is off their rocker or someone who has absolutely no self respect, or both of those two combined.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sociopath

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Sociopath
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:11pm

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:12pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:06pm:

Quote:
Sociopath
Sociopaths are people who have little to no conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate others for their own benefit. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don't care because they don't think that way. If you are naive enough, they will brainwash you into doing exactly what they say and what they want which is the only time a sociopath is truly happy.
Sociopaths can hide this well if you haven't known them for long. They're really nice and charming at first, almost too nice, but it's extremely fake. The niceness will last until a problem occurs in which they are at fault however, you will be manipulated to believe that you are in the wrong. There is no reasoning with this person. Things have to be their way or it's the highway. They will blame you for hurting them (even if they're the ones who hurt you) or blame the world for all their problems (knowing full well they do crappy things in general). They are compulsive liars and even if they do apologize, it's never genuine. Most are anti social and have few to no friends because most people around them don't want to associate with them. However the sociopath will again tell you that "people hate me for no reason/the world is against me". The only person who will put up with a sociopath is someone who is off their rocker or someone who has absolutely no self respect, or both of those two combined.

Oh God.....you have just described my passive-aggressive ex husband.

I feel ever so sorry for you.

Is there any way you can minimize contact with him/her?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:13pm

Quote:
................you have just described my passive aggressive ex husband. ...........

haahahhah, thanks.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:15pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
Quote:
................you have just described my passive aggressive ex husband. ...........

haahahhah, thanks.

Yeah but he's deceased.

Seriously do not attempt to engage with these type of people.

They will exhaust you both physically and emotionally.

It's their game....and reason for living....ie to torment others.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:22pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:15pm:
Quote:

haahahhah, thanks.

Yeah but he's deceased.

Quote:
............Seriously do not attempt to engage with these type of people.

They will exhaust you both physically and emotionally. ............

I agree. He is my boss.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:25pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:15pm:
Quote:

haahahhah, thanks.

Yeah but he's deceased.

Quote:
............Seriously do not attempt to engage with these type of people.

They will exhaust you both physically and emotionally. ............

I agree. He is my boss.

Ah.

In that case.....you're well and truly stuffed  Cry Undecided Sad

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:35pm

Quote:
Sociopath

are you sure hes not a member of ozpol sprint ?..

if you are in frequent contact with the arsehole...its tough for sure...if you are the only on e he goads...all you can do is keep a record of what you are putting up with......if its every employee   you can always as a group report him/her..to higher ups...

it depends how miserable they make your workin g day...maybe put a dead rat in his desk draw..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:46pm

cods wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:35pm:

Quote:
Sociopath

are you sure hes not a member of ozpol sprint ?..

if you are in frequent contact with the arsehole...its tough for sure...if you are the only on e he goads...all you can do is keep a record of what you are putting up with......if its every employee   you can always as a group report him/her..to higher ups...

it depends how miserable they make your workin g day...maybe put a dead rat in his desk draw..

Saucy.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:52pm

I wish I knew what to say. These types of people riddle the Australian workplace. They are tricky because they make friends with managers and bosses and as a consequence never get caught out. My advice is to slash their tyres or bash them.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:04pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I wish I knew what to say. These types of people riddle the Australian workplace.

They are tricky because they make friends with managers and bosses and as a consequence never get caught out.

My advice is to slash their tyres or bash them.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:10pm

My advice is far more savage than Hammer's......I reckon you ought to get him to join OzPol.

Tell the bastard it's a great site for managers like him.

We'll take care of him after that Sprint.  Tongue

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:10pm

often that culture stick together in a mismanagement structure

I have gone to his superior (who is another sociopath) and the HR.

and, covertly the union.

It is really stressful.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:13pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
often that culture stick together in a mismanagement structure

I have gone to his superior (who is another sociopath) and the HR.

and, covertly the union.

It is really stressful.

Your poor bugger.

How long has this bullshit been going on for?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:24pm

Quite a while, but normally I fly under the radar, look after my 'customers' and go home.

finally his hounding of me came too much.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print