Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Immigrants Flooding into Australia (Read 6855 times)
Bloodhound

Australian Politics

Immigrants Flooding into Australia
Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:11pm

Quote:
The Australian Bureau of Statistics yesterday revealed, under the cover of Christmas and festive cheer, stats on Australia's past 12 month intake of migrants.

ABS Demography Director Beidar Cho said: "Australia's net overseas migration for the year ending 30 June 2017 was 245,400, an increase of 27 per cent from the previous 12 months (2015-16).

"Net overseas migration in New South Wales and Victoria increased by 31 per cent and 23 per cent respectively. This growth has seen both states surpass their previous recorded high in 2008-09."

What in the Hell is going on?  Angry

“If anyone is not willing to work, neither should he eat.” - Saint Paul

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immigrants Flooding into Australia
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:32pm

Bloodhound wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
Quote:
The Australian Bureau of Statistics yesterday revealed, under the cover of Christmas and festive cheer, stats on Australia's past 12 month intake of migrants.

ABS Demography Director Beidar Cho said: "Australia's net overseas migration for the year ending 30 June 2017 was 245,400, an increase of 27 per cent from the previous 12 months (2015-16).

"Net overseas migration in New South Wales and Victoria increased by 31 per cent and 23 per cent respectively. This growth has seen both states surpass their previous recorded high in 2008-09."

It's the elite replacing the white middle and underclass. Desperate immigrants are great for big business.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:36pm

Quote:

Xenophobes are copying & pasting fear-mongering posts from Pauline Hanson's Facebook page, and then not citing a reference because they're too embarrassed to admit they follow a racist politician on social media?     Undecided

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:38pm

How many houses can you sell to multiple Muslim famillies in twenty/thirty years?

Case closed!! (It’s called business confidence, apparently  Roll Eyes)

We’ve all got builders in our family... oh, and their wives who sit around and pretend their daughters are upstanding etc etc...  Cry  Cheesy  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Embarrassed

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:39pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
Quote:

Xenophobes are copying & pasting fear-mongering posts from Pauline Hanson's Facebook page, and then not citing a reference because they're too embarrassed to admit they follow a racist politician on social media?     Undecided

So why is the government flooding the country with migrants then Pecca?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:42pm

Quote:

A little birdy told me that I have a right to be a bigot!

I have a right to two dollar cheeseburgers at maccas and a wa** over my favourite talking head!

Just call me a femenist with bisexual tendencies!

Cheesy

Wait,... don’t call me that: call me a patriot!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:44pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
Quote:

Keeping China onside!

Roll Eyes

Like that’s gonna save our bacon  Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:47pm

Quote:

Perhaps the Government you voted for subscribes to the "migrants lift the three "Ps" of high economic growth - population, participation and productivity" argument.

I'm not sold on the idea, myself.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:47pm

Quote:

What sort of migrants are we talking about?

Where are they from?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:49pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Quote:

Perhaps the Government you voted for subscribes to the "migrants lift the three "Ps" of high economic growth - population, participation and productivity" argument.

Most migrants do low skilled and low paid work. That's why the rich want them.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:51pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
Quote:

The Afghans put the cement on and the white boss comes around two days later to put the white on!

All industries are the same!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:52pm

China, India, UK, and New Zealand.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:52pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Quote:

Where are they from?

For those interested in the facts.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats%5Cabs@.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/CA1999BAEAA1A...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:53pm

Quote:

Well, somebody has to serve AnotherJourneyByTrain his two dollar cheeseburgers.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:51pm:
Quote:

The Afghans put the cement on and the white boss comes around two days later to put the white on!

I hate hearing this crap that it's about building a multicultural society . It's purely money. I wish they'd just tell the Australian people the truth. Ghettoising our multicultural suburbs helps nobody but the rich.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:56pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:53pm:
Quote:

Changing the fabric of Australian society should be more than that. That's very unwise.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:57pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:53pm:
Quote:

Changing the fabric of Australian society should be more than that. That's very unwise.

I agree....fancy getting migrants to sell American food in Australia!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:58pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
Quote:

I hate hearing this crap that it's about building a multicultural society . It's purely money. I wish they'd just tell the Australian people the truth. Ghettoising our multicultural suburbs helps nobody but the rich.

I think they're pretty open about the "migrants lift the three "Ps" of high economic growth - population, participation and productivity" argument.

They say that Australia has a "relatively stable fertility rate" of 1.9 births per woman, which is below the replacement level.

So, without migration, Australia's population will "inevitably dwindle".

And, they see this as a bad thing.

Is it though?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #18 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:00pm

Quote:

The rich are so bored : all they can do is kick their kids in the head for a laugh and that IS IT!

You only need one house ,.. unless your drugged up and your born to be heartless sons and daughters totally mess it all up just to gain attention of course!

Go the new cun*stralia?

Wink  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #19 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:05pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
Quote:

Where are they from?

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats%5Cabs@.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/CA1999BAEAA1A...

http://theconversation.com/australians-want-more-children-than-they-have-so-are-...

Worth a read.

Here's a bit for you :

The delaying of fertility, which is common in most Western industrial nations, indicates that women are having fewer children later in life. But without adequate planning and preparation on fertility issues, Australia will be left behind.

What declining fertility rates mean

Australia’s fertility rate has been below replacement level since the 1970s. Women are having fewer than two babies over their life course.

Sub-replacement fertility is important for governments. Entitlements are skewed to the old and young, which requires a robust middle-aged workforce to support these dependent populations.

Without two children to eventually support their two ageing parents through tax dollars and direct care, governments have insufficient resources to meet their dependent populations’ economic and care demands.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:06pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:58pm:
Quote:

I think they're pretty open about the "migrants lift the three "Ps" of high economic growth - population, participation and productivity" argument.

They say that Australia has a "relatively stable fertility rate" of 1.9 births per woman, which is below the replacement level.

Is it though?

It is because human beings can't get along with one another. Economic theory neglects the human element. When you get large opposing populations of people you'll get conflict. It happens all across the world and it will eventually happen here.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #21 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:06pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
Quote:

Where are they from?

http://theconversation.com/australians-want-more-children-than-they-have-so-are-...

Worth a read.

Are you giving me orders?

Cheesy

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #22 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:08pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
Quote:

Where are they from?

Worth a read.

Are you giving me orders?

Cheesy

Nope.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:10pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
Quote:

Is it though?

It is because human beings can't get along with one another. Economic theory neglects the human element. When you get large opposing populations of people you'll get conflict. It happens all across the world and it will eventually happen here.

Well, just remember that the next time you vote.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:13pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Quote:

Is it though?

The electoral office didn't know where I lived for about 10 years so I didn't vote. Now they do so I have to suck it up. I wouldn't vote at all if I had a choice because the whole system is rigged to get the same outcomes.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:15pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:13pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Quote:

Is it though?

The electoral office didn't know where I lived for about 10 years so I didn't vote. Now they do so I have to suck it up. I wouldn't vote at all if I had a choice because the whole system is rigged to get the same outcomes.

Well, just get your name crossed off and draw a penis on your ballot paper.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #26 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 6:23pm

That 0.9 child is causing all the trouble - keeping up with the treatments for a half-ling is monumental... better we get Kamel Kaffirs with hare lips, squinty eyes, and mental issues, etc...

Damn - I forgot about the monobrow......... serious issue....

Oh - my apologies - this is more like it....

Note the ocean eyes signifying both dope user and dopey....the cunning inner end of eyebrows seeking to make a statement by twirling upwards like a Prussian's moustache.... the thin criminal features... the lascivious lips for viewing cat meat in public..... who knows what is hidden beneath the robes....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 7:15pm

Nothing to do with xenophobia. It's crowdophobia.

Most come to Sydney.

PISS OFF WE'RE FULL

IBI

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 7:58pm

Quote:

Oh dear yet its an official  release by the ABS Peccerhead,

back under your rock with you... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:28pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 7:58pm:
Quote:

It came from a racist politician's Facebook page, dear.

Do try to keep up.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:28pm:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Man they're good at making web pages then.
Spitting image of the actual ABS page.

Seems like a lot of trouble to ho to.  Wink

IP Logged

Bloodhound

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:59pm

The last I heard our immigrations was mean to be around 190K a year.

Going up over 200K next year.

Thats why Dick Smith wanted to have a discussion on Immigration.

But now these official numbers have come out for one has to wonder, "what in the HELL is going on"!!!!

Our Politicians are betraying us and not one news outlet is calling them out on it.  Angry

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #32 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:59pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Onya Captain.

You've outted Groggy and his rabid lying. Again.

IP Logged

Bloodhound

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:02pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:59pm:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Onya Captain.

You've outted Groggy and his rabid lying. Again.

So yeah,

Who do we Believe.

Greggy, a nobody on some forum.

Or

Pauline Hanson who makes up the elected group of MPs who has the official numbers on Immigration?

This is a no brainer.  Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:04pm

Quote:

Do try to keep up.

It's like shooting retards in a barrel.

https://www.facebook.com/PaulineHansonAu/

Grin

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:13pm

Bloodhound wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:59pm:
The last I heard our immigrations was mean to be around 190K a year.

Going up over 200K next year.

Thats why Dick Smith wanted to have a discussion on Immigration.

But now these official numbers have come out for one has to wonder, "what in the HELL is going on"!!!!

Our Politicians are betraying us and not one news outlet is calling them out on it.  Angry

You seem surprised. Did you only just work that out?
This has been happening for a long time. That's why people are getting cranky.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:17pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:04pm:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Grin

So pauline has linked it in her facebook page. Nothing is wrong with that. I don't have facebook so I don't really know how it works but I'm sure those aren't paulines words on the ABS page. Even if they were, she would be correct....no?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:19pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:17pm:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Grin

So pauline has linked it in her facebook page. Nothing is wrong with that. I don't have facebook so I don't really know how it works but I'm sure those aren't paulines words on the ABS page. Even if they were, she would be correct....no?

Pauline Hanson's Facebook   Grin

No wonder the OP didn't have the guts to cite his source.

IP Logged

Bloodhound

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:20pm

It's like shooting retards in a barrel. Grin

Yes it is indeed.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%40.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/CA1999BAEAA1A...

Quote:
MEDIA RELEASE

14 December 2017

Embargoed: 11.30 am (Canberra time) 171/2017

Net overseas migration to Australia increases 27%

New South Wales and Victoria have recorded their highest ever levels of net overseas migration (NOM), according to the latest population figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).

ABS Demography Director Beidar Cho said:

"Australia's net overseas migration for the year ending 30 June 2017 was 245,400, an increase of 27 per cent from the previous 12 months
(2015-16).

BANG!!!

BTW Greggy,

So sorry to hear about your foot in mouth disease. Hope you get better soon!!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:21pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:19pm:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Grin

Smiley

IP Logged

Bloodhound

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:22pm

Bloodhound wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:20pm:

Yes it is indeed.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%40.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/CA1999BAEAA1A...

Quote:
MEDIA RELEASE

14 December 2017

New South Wales and Victoria have recorded their highest ever levels of net overseas migration (NOM), according to the latest population figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).

"Australia's net overseas migration for the year ending 30 June 2017 was 245,400, an increase of 27 per cent from the previous 12 months
(2015-16).

BANG!!!

BTW Greggy,

Ouch!!!  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #41 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:25pm

Yes it is indeed.

Quote:
MEDIA RELEASE

14 December 2017

(2015-16).

BANG!!!

BTW Greggy,

Groggy gets outted every hour.

He has worn out both his feet  Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:26pm

Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Grin

"flooding"

Facebook   Grin

IP Logged

Bloodhound

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:28pm

Poor Greggy,

He has about as much credibility as Sam Dastyari.  Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:29pm

"flooding"

"Facebook"

"Hanson"

IP Logged

Bloodhound

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:33pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:25pm:

Yes it is indeed.

Quote:
MEDIA RELEASE

14 December 2017

(2015-16).

BANG!!!

BTW Greggy,

Groggy gets outted every hour.

He has worn out both his feet  Grin

Yes,

Now I understand where you get the term "Groggy" from.

Fitting to say the least.  Smiley

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #46 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:37pm

Bloodhound wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:28pm:
Poor Greggy,

He has about as much credibility as Sam Dastyari.  Grin

Nahhh.....he's got less  Grin

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #47 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:49pm

How do we do a background check on a person from location/country that has primitive record keeping or is almost lawless?

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #48 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:51pm

issuevoter wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
How do we do a background check on a person from location/country that has primitive record keeping or is almost lawless?

You referring to Groggy or Karnal ?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #49 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:13pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:35am

issuevoter wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:49pm:

Same as ARVN Veterans were accepted by DVA for benefits - signed affidavits from those who served with them.....

Nowadays a Veteran of Afghanistan or Iraq or wherever has to prove every step of the way, while running the gauntlet of a bunch of d1ck-headswho have set themselves up as the voice of the veteran community - without one shred of solid paperwork or whatever to support them....

FCS - a Veteran of Afghanistan who committed suicide's wife needs to prove something she cannot do....

The Boys and Girls here know who I mean.... that negative bunch of losers who rubbish everyone else without any proof..... but they do say they get 'stat decs'...... as if that actually means anything....

Been fighting those d1cks for 17-18 years now... and the ostriches are coming home to land on their roofs..... many Afghan (etc) Vets and widows are up in arms about that lot...... I nearly scalped them once by registering their 'trade name'.. and they changed their name....

Scumbags....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #51 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:40am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:13pm:

Are the chinkamons outsmarting whoever made these cards? I can't see a downside to their description, perhaps I should catch one.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #52 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 6:32am

Setanta wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:40am:
Bobby. wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:13pm:

Are the chinkamons outsmarting whoever made these cards? I can't see a downside to their description, perhaps I should catch one.

They are smarter and richer than us -
they outbid Aussies at house auctions & push up prices.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:13am

Quote:

Do try to keep up.

No dear gweggy it originated on the ABS website...
that is where I read it.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:17am

Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Grin

But the source was cited gweggy.
You ignored it.
I even told you where it came from and you told me I was wrong...  how many times a day do you actually deny the facts and the truth and what gives you the right to defame and libel people like you do. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:11am

Grendel wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:17am:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Grin

You ignored it.
I even told you where it came from and you told me I was wrong...  how many times a day do you actually deny the facts and the truth and what gives you the right to defame and libel people like you do. Roll Eyes

There is no defaming of anyone other than themselves grendal.

It is okay to say "you know what, i jumped the gun, I am wrong". That would earn respect. Not these people. No, they respect not even themselves. They will let themselves look like total delusional nutters rather than accept what is presented to them.
Seems this person may have a personal conflict with Ms Hanson rather than a political one. The above posts prove that.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:19am

Captain Caveman wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:11am:
Grendel wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:17am:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Grin

You ignored it.

There is no defaming of anyone other than themselves grendal.

It is okay to say "you know what, i jumped the gun, I am wrong". That would earn respect. Not these people. No, they respect not even themselves. They will let themselves look like total delusional nutters rather than accept what is presented to them.
Seems this person may have a personal conflict with Ms Hanson rather than a political one. The above posts prove that.

Oh there is defaming and slander and libel and wrongful persecution and wrongful arrest and wrongful imprisonment.  History has shown us this and Prog Left still hate and lie abuse and ridicule its just how they work. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:21am

Quote:

Is it though?

Most of the things I like about Australia ultimately boil down to a low population.

Despite our low birth rate, our population is still not declining. Not just because of net immigration, but because of old people refusing to die.

I also don't get the demographic crisis thing. One of the biggest financial complaints people have is housing affordability. If the population declines, we don't have to build any new houses. The price might even crash, especially in the outer suburbs. Why spend your whole life working to gather up enough money to account for all the other people trying to buy you out of Sydney?
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:28am by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:34am

freediver wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:21am:
Quote:

Is it though?

Most of the things I like about Australia ultimately boil down to a low population.

Despite our low birth rate, our population is still not declining. Not just because of net immigration, but because of old people refusing to die.

I also don't get the demographic crisis thing. One of the biggest financial complaints people have is housing affordability. If the population declines, we don't have to build any new houses. The price might even crash, especially in the outer suburbs. Why spend your whole life working to gather up enough money to account for all the other people trying to buy you out of Sydney?

Yes, i must say that I've never been a huge fan of the "three 'Ps' of high economic growth" argument.

I was happy when we had just 17 million people here.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:37am

Grendel wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:13am:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

No dear gweggy it originated on the ABS website...
that is where I read it.

I'm sorry dear, but the ABS website does not say:

"The Australian Bureau of Statistics yesterday revealed, under the cover of Christmas and festive cheer, stats on Australia's past 12 month intake of migrants."
(very first line in the OP)

It comes from Hanson's Facebook page, as well as her "Aussie Pride - No Islam - No Shariah Law" Facebook page.

No wonder you guys didn't want to cite a reference   Grin

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #60 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:41am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:34am:
Yes, i must say that I've never been a huge fan of the "three 'Ps' of high economic growth" argument.

That's when you could drive around on a sunday and see one or two cars on the road.

Unlike now were its peak hour all of the time.

Those were the days.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #61 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:43am

For a long time British colony Australia  has become totally unattractive place for European migrants (British are not Europeans).
Only Asians and Arabs are interested to take over Australia from British rules.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:45am

Ajax wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:41am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:34am:

That's when you could drive around on a sunday and see one or two cars on the road.

Unlike now were its peak hour all of the time.

Those were the days.

Yes, and no long queues at the supermarket.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:19pm

Long queues everywhere - that's the problem.

This isn't just immigration, it's people moving to the Eastern Seaboard cities. Apparently Sydney gets a thousand new people a week.

This move to the cities, however, has caused economic growth. Australia's building and real estate boom keeps the economy out of recession. This keeps our AAA credit rating intact, it keeps unemployment down. At 27 years, Australia has the world record for steady economic growth.

Australia's skilled migration scheme is largely responsible for this. Even mining boom and bust economies like Western Australia rely heavily on imported skills. Immigrants build houses which employs builders, and on and on the cycle goes.

Australia is not the only country in this situation. Rapid urban growth is the norm in most of Asia. China, in particular, has seen a complete reversal of its rural and urban populations. This is the biggest social shift in its history.

This shift has seen consequences for us. The price of manufactured goods has gone down, leading to cheaper cars, building materials and household goods for Australian consumers. The availability of cheaper domestic goods is a generational shift in Australia too. Most people in the suburbs now have cars. This wasn't the case in the 1980s. This has put more cars on the road. It's put more people in the shopping malls. Australians are buying more goods than ever before, and this creates more queues.

I don't like it either, but what do you do?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:28pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:19pm:

This isn't just immigration, it's people moving to the Eastern Seaboard cities. Apparently Sydney gets a thousand new people a week.

This move to the cities, however, has caused economic growth. Australia's building and real estate boom keeps the economy out of recession. This keeps our AAA credit rating intact, it keeps unemployment down. At 27 years, Australia has the world record for steady economic growth.

Australia's skilled migration scheme is largely responsible for this. Even mining boom and bust economies like Western Australia rely heavily on imported skills. Immigrants build houses which employs builders, and on and on the cycle goes.

Australia is not the only country in this situation. Rapid urban growth is the norm in most of Asia. China, in particular, has seen a complete reversal of its rural and urban populations. This is the biggest social shift in its history.

This shift has seen consequences for us. The price of manufactured goods has gone down, leading to cheaper cars, building materials and household goods for Australian consumers. The availability of cheaper domestic goods is a generational shift in Australia too. Most people in the suburbs now have cars. This wasn't the case in the 1980s. This has put more cars on the road. It's put more people in the shopping malls. Australians are buying more goods than ever before, and this creates more queues.

All of which begs the question - why are the majority of immigrants of little skills value?  What skills are there in WA mining etc that cannot be home grown, especially given the number seeking work?

What exactly are these skills in such need that cannot be provided here by locals?

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorit...

Even a cursory glimpse at this list says that is nonsense......

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:37pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:19pm:

All of which begs the question - why are the majority of immigrants of little skills value?  What skills are there in WA mining etc that cannot be home grown, especially given the number seeking work?

What exactly are these skills in such need that cannot be provided here by locals?

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorit...

Even a cursory glimpse at this list says that is nonsense......

You've referenced the employer nominated schemes, not the skilled migration class.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #66 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:56pm

There are many graduates engineers that really have no prospects at home, some will be forced to work overseas in their chosen discipline.

Many engineers in WA mining are foreigners, they've probably all gone home now but at the peak of the mining boom they were importing them like chocolates.

They should look after the home grown talent first, then if there is a shortage....!!

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #67 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 2:21pm

Well, I have to admit that I have had more than my share of creating children. Too often, I see families that are one or two children families. Some are just couples only. I started very young and fathered children that are either teenagers or young adults now.

The problem is that people nowadays want to forego having children in favour of having more cars or a better house. They are not prepared to have a larger family and having a modest car and a modest house. Put their priorities in perspective.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 2:50pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 2:21pm:
Well, I have to admit that I have had more than my share of creating children. Too often, I see families that are one or two children families. Some are just couples only. I started very young and fathered children that are either teenagers or young adults now.

The problem is that people nowadays want to forego having children in favour of having more cars or a better house. They are not prepared to have a larger family and having a modest car and a modest house. Put their priorities in perspective.

This is because women want careers. They don't have this problem in developing countries with sprawling populations.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #69 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 3:10pm

Why is it a problem?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 3:39pm

freediver wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 3:10pm:

Why is it a problem?

That was my question too.

I see no problem with people deciding not to have children.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 4:44pm

Why is it a problem?

Be over-run by those Mussos and Asiatics that breed like flies... life's cheap for that kind...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 4:59pm

Have we gone past the point of "populate or perish" yet ... or is it still in force?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 5:00pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 4:59pm:
Have we gone past the point of "populate or perish" yet ... or is it still in force?

There are sill those who push that (short-term, economic) argument.

Wait until the water runs out, and we'll see what they think then.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 5:33pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 5:00pm:

That short-term economic argument led to the post- war boom. It was such a jolly boom that they decided to keep it going, so once the wogs ran out, we started letting in the Chows.

Remember, the major factor in economic growth is population growth. And the modern economy is built on economic growth.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:10pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 5:33pm:

That short-term economic argument led to the post- war boom. It was such a jolly boom that they decided to keep it going, so once the wogs ran out, we started letting in the Chows.

Remember, the major factor in economic growth is population growth. And the modern economy is built on economic growth.

Yep.

I get that.

However, there's only so much water to go around.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #76 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:54pm

Why is it a problem?

The problem is that the government wants Australia to grow in population. Either through immigration or natural birth rate increase. If the Australian population does not reproduce in high enough numbers, the government increases immigration number into Australia.

So, it becomes a bit of a balancing act. Skyrocketing house prices brought about by increased demand in a growing populated area. People having to cut back on expenditure because they can't afford the expenses because of higher house prices. People having fewer children because they either want to save on raising children expenditures, or they want to be selfish and buy better things for themselves. Or they have larger families (which are becoming more rare) and go without in better cars and housing.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #77 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:07pm

Indonesia populates like crazy and have expressed an interest in "reaquiring" South Irian Jaya. India has a population excess and are chiefly exporting people all over the world. They have fantasies about sending 10 million Indians to Australia in a short time to live. China wants to buy up a lot of Australian land. And we are to deal with Pacific Islander people who want to evacuate their islands because of economic mismanagement, under the guise of "climate change".

In 33 years time, I am sure that my children don't want to be in their 40s wondering what happened to their ideal childhoods. To be overrun with international interference in their own country, because some liberal fanatics in 2017 (and earlier) decided that "you can't be racist... you can't be nationalistic.... you can't criticise other nations" and whatever hippie bullshit that entered their minds.

Some may want Australia to populate rather than perish to international substandard. Others may want the third world societies to depopulate and perish at their own stupidity. But do you really want Australia to end up stagnating in population, just because you want to pick up the tab for the world's foul-ups? The world is not going to stop just because you want to look like you give a damn about happy-joy feelings that you think would be adopted worldwide.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #78 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:14pm

Australia is not that dry. You may want to save that for people living in rural centres who have to buy water tanks everytime the month goes dry. City areas just whinge and complain when they get their generous rainfall. Then they whinge and complain when they can't distribute their water supply efficiently enough water through the cities. Rockhampton only has water problems during extreme drought (less than 500mm of rain in the year) or during excess flooding. We have to wait for the council's water treatment plants to be able to cope with producing adequate water supply. But we could handle our water problems with even twice as many people around.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:19pm

Drown them.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:19pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:14pm:

Australia is not that dry.

Your astounding ignorance has been noted.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:21pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:19pm:

who is that chick in your avatar, I cant put my finger on it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:25pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:21pm:

Your fingers are busy doing other things.

I understand.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:28pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:25pm:

I understand.

Like twiddling and waiting for an answer.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:30pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:28pm:

I understand.

Anal stimulation can cause an intense orgasm.

I wish you well.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:33pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:30pm:

I understand.

I wish you well.

I didn't think any sexual organs were in the ass.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:34pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:33pm:

I understand.

I wish you well.

I didn't think any sexual organs were in the ass.

"sexual organs"

Undecided

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #87 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 9:35pm

As a Rockhamptonite, I seem to know more than you.

"Australia is not that dry...". "You may want to save that for people living in rural centres who have to buy water tanks everytime the month goes dry".

Cities right around Australia are cities BECAUSE they have more than adequate water supply. It is not just a river system and dams that could supply adequate water for cities over 1 million people. Desalinisation plants have successfully helped satisfy water demand, too.

It are those that live in rural areas that have the right to complain about lack of water resources. They make up 2 - 3 million of Australia's 25 million population. Do you live in a rural area, greg?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 11:03pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:10pm:

Yep.

I get that.

True. But we have a lot of land.

Why can't they move to the bush instead?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 11:11pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 11:03pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:10pm:

Yep.

I get that.

True. But we have a lot of land.

Why can't they move to the bush instead?

The bush!

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #90 - Dec 17th, 2017 at 9:03am

Australia the MOST ARID populated continent on Earth.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #91 - Dec 17th, 2017 at 11:01pm

Australians don't populate arid parts of Australia. They stick to the coastline and up to 200km inland where the rainfall is sufficient. It is the 2 to 3 million people who live in dry areas that can lay claim to water supply problems. Not me, and probably not anyone else on this board would have water supply problems.

People who live in cities who complain about not getting sufficient water supply, you need to fix it yourself. I have heard stories of rural folk who go without a shower for a week at a time (or even longer) and will take advantage of a downpour of rain going outside with a bar of soap to scrub themselves under the rain.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #92 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 6:43am

Grendel wrote on Dec 17th, 2017 at 9:03am:

Which equates to what...  a very small water supply that can only sustain a very small population.  That's why we are fringe dwellers... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #93 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 7:28am

Grendel wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 6:43am:
Grendel wrote on Dec 17th, 2017 at 9:03am:

Which equates to what...  a very small water supply that can only sustain a very small population.  That's why we are fringe dwellers... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Build seawater desalination solar plants. You have plenty of sunny days.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:18am

I wish you well.

That's thumbs.. and besides... greg... it does seem my education has been lacking in some ways...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:19am

Desalination plants have lots of costly problems - primarily clearing the salt......

― John Adams

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #96 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 10:50am

Desalination plants would not be a cost effective means of providing more water or providing water to more than just coastal regions.
Good luck with the environmental burden and The Greens BTW.  they are why we don't have more dams, which are needed now to sustain our current population.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #97 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 1:36am

The would not build desalinisation plants if they were too costly to run. They would not build other water treatment plants in general, under that reasoning. What alternative do you propose? Everyone get rain water tanks and not rely on public utilities?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #98 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 8:24am

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 1:36am:
The would not build desalinisation plants if they were too costly to run. They would not build other water treatment plants in general, under that reasoning. What alternative do you propose? Everyone get rain water tanks and not rely on public utilities?

We already have 2 Desal plants  being paid not to produce...  they are shutdown and were created because of Tim Flannery's scaremongering.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 9:31am

Queensland drug smugglers flooding to Indonesia...... reports of Queensland IQ drop are unsubstantiated.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #100 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 10:13pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 9:31am:
Queensland drug smugglers flooding to Indonesia...... reports of Queensland IQ drop are unsubstantiated.....

A drug smuggler. After another drug smuggler was released last year (?). And they usually are from the southeast corner of the state. No real surprises. I don't see Brisbanites and Gold Coasters as all that bright compared to the pragmatic Qlders.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print