Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Immigrants Flooding into Australia (Read 6918 times)
Bloodhound

Australian Politics

Re: Immigrants Flooding into Australia
Reply #45 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:33pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:25pm:
Bloodhound wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:04pm:
It's like shooting retards in a barrel. Grin

Yes it is indeed.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%40.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/CA1999BAEAA1A...

Quote:
MEDIA RELEASE

14 December 2017

Embargoed: 11.30 am (Canberra time) 171/2017

Net overseas migration to Australia increases 27%

New South Wales and Victoria have recorded their highest ever levels of net overseas migration (NOM), according to the latest population figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).

ABS Demography Director Beidar Cho said:

"Australia's net overseas migration for the year ending 30 June 2017 was 245,400, an increase of 27 per cent from the previous 12 months
(2015-16).

BANG!!!

BTW Greggy,

So sorry to hear about your foot in mouth disease. Hope you get better soon!!

Groggy gets outted every hour.

He has worn out both his feet  Grin

Yes,

Now I understand where you get the term "Groggy" from.

Fitting to say the least.  Smiley

“If anyone is not willing to work, neither should he eat.” - Saint Paul

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #46 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:37pm

Bloodhound wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:28pm:
Poor Greggy,

He has about as much credibility as Sam Dastyari.  Grin

Nahhh.....he's got less  Grin

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #47 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:49pm

How do we do a background check on a person from location/country that has primitive record keeping or is almost lawless?

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #48 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:51pm

issuevoter wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:49pm:
How do we do a background check on a person from location/country that has primitive record keeping or is almost lawless?

You referring to Groggy or Karnal ?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #49 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:13pm

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #50 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:35am

issuevoter wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:49pm:

Same as ARVN Veterans were accepted by DVA for benefits - signed affidavits from those who served with them.....

Nowadays a Veteran of Afghanistan or Iraq or wherever has to prove every step of the way, while running the gauntlet of a bunch of d1ck-headswho have set themselves up as the voice of the veteran community - without one shred of solid paperwork or whatever to support them....

FCS - a Veteran of Afghanistan who committed suicide's wife needs to prove something she cannot do....

The Boys and Girls here know who I mean.... that negative bunch of losers who rubbish everyone else without any proof..... but they do say they get 'stat decs'...... as if that actually means anything....

Been fighting those d1cks for 17-18 years now... and the ostriches are coming home to land on their roofs..... many Afghan (etc) Vets and widows are up in arms about that lot...... I nearly scalped them once by registering their 'trade name'.. and they changed their name....

Scumbags....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #51 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:40am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:13pm:

Are the chinkamons outsmarting whoever made these cards? I can't see a downside to their description, perhaps I should catch one.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #52 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 6:32am

Setanta wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:40am:
Bobby. wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 10:13pm:

Are the chinkamons outsmarting whoever made these cards? I can't see a downside to their description, perhaps I should catch one.

They are smarter and richer than us -
they outbid Aussies at house auctions & push up prices.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:13am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:28pm:
Grendel wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 7:58pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
Bloodhound wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
Quote:
The Australian Bureau of Statistics yesterday revealed, under the cover of Christmas and festive cheer, stats on Australia's past 12 month intake of migrants.

ABS Demography Director Beidar Cho said: "Australia's net overseas migration for the year ending 30 June 2017 was 245,400, an increase of 27 per cent from the previous 12 months (2015-16).

"Net overseas migration in New South Wales and Victoria increased by 31 per cent and 23 per cent respectively. This growth has seen both states surpass their previous recorded high in 2008-09."

What in the Hell is going on?  Angry

Xenophobes are copying & pasting fear-mongering posts from Pauline Hanson's Facebook page, and then not citing a reference because they're too embarrassed to admit they follow a racist politician on social media?     Undecided

Oh dear yet its an official  release by the ABS Peccerhead,

back under your rock with you... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It came from a racist politician's Facebook page, dear.

Do try to keep up.

No dear gweggy it originated on the ABS website...
that is where I read it.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:17am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:19pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 9:17pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 8:53pm:
Quote:
The Australian Bureau of Statistics yesterday revealed, under the cover of Christmas and festive cheer, stats on Australia's past 12 month intake of migrants.

ABS Demography Director Beidar Cho said: "Australia's net overseas migration for the year ending 30 June 2017 was 245,400, an increase of 27 per cent from the previous 12 months (2015-16).

"Net overseas migration in New South Wales and Victoria increased by 31 per cent and 23 per cent respectively. This growth has seen both states surpass their previous recorded high in 2008-09."

Xenophobes are copying & pasting fear-mongering posts from Pauline Hanson's Facebook page, and then not citing a reference because they're too embarrassed to admit they follow a racist politician on social media?     Undecided

Do try to keep up.

Man they're good at making web pages then.
Spitting image of the actual ABS page.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats%5Cabs@.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/CA1999BAEAA1A...

Seems like a lot of trouble to ho to.  Wink

It's like shooting retards in a barrel.

https://www.facebook.com/PaulineHansonAu/

Grin

So pauline has linked it in her facebook page. Nothing is wrong with that. I don't have facebook so I don't really know how it works but I'm sure those aren't paulines words on the ABS page. Even if they were, she would be correct....no?

Pauline Hanson's Facebook   Grin

No wonder the OP didn't have the guts to cite his source.

But the source was cited gweggy.
You ignored it.
I even told you where it came from and you told me I was wrong...  how many times a day do you actually deny the facts and the truth and what gives you the right to defame and libel people like you do. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:11am

Grendel wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:17am:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats%5Cabs@.nsf/mediareleasesbyCatalogue/CA1999BAEAA1A...

Grin

So pauline has linked it in her facebook page. Nothing is wrong with that. I don't have facebook so I don't really know how it works but I'm sure those aren't paulines words on the ABS page. Even if they were, she would be correct....no?

You ignored it.
I even told you where it came from and you told me I was wrong...  how many times a day do you actually deny the facts and the truth and what gives you the right to defame and libel people like you do. Roll Eyes

There is no defaming of anyone other than themselves grendal.

It is okay to say "you know what, i jumped the gun, I am wrong". That would earn respect. Not these people. No, they respect not even themselves. They will let themselves look like total delusional nutters rather than accept what is presented to them.
Seems this person may have a personal conflict with Ms Hanson rather than a political one. The above posts prove that.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:19am

Captain Caveman wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:11am:
Grendel wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:17am:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

Grin

You ignored it.

There is no defaming of anyone other than themselves grendal.

It is okay to say "you know what, i jumped the gun, I am wrong". That would earn respect. Not these people. No, they respect not even themselves. They will let themselves look like total delusional nutters rather than accept what is presented to them.
Seems this person may have a personal conflict with Ms Hanson rather than a political one. The above posts prove that.

Oh there is defaming and slander and libel and wrongful persecution and wrongful arrest and wrongful imprisonment.  History has shown us this and Prog Left still hate and lie abuse and ridicule its just how they work. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:21am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:58pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:51pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
Quote:

So why is the government flooding the country with migrants then Pecca?

Perhaps the Government you voted for subscribes to the "migrants lift the three "Ps" of high economic growth - population, participation and productivity" argument.

I'm not sold on the idea, myself.

Most migrants do low skilled and low paid work. That's why the rich want them.

The Afghans put the cement on and the white boss comes around two days later to put the white on!

All industries are the same!

I hate hearing this crap that it's about building a multicultural society . It's purely money. I wish they'd just tell the Australian people the truth. Ghettoising our multicultural suburbs helps nobody but the rich.

I think they're pretty open about the "migrants lift the three "Ps" of high economic growth - population, participation and productivity" argument.

They say that Australia has a "relatively stable fertility rate" of 1.9 births per woman, which is below the replacement level.

So, without migration, Australia's population will "inevitably dwindle".

And, they see this as a bad thing.

Is it though?

Most of the things I like about Australia ultimately boil down to a low population.

Despite our low birth rate, our population is still not declining. Not just because of net immigration, but because of old people refusing to die.

I also don't get the demographic crisis thing. One of the biggest financial complaints people have is housing affordability. If the population declines, we don't have to build any new houses. The price might even crash, especially in the outer suburbs. Why spend your whole life working to gather up enough money to account for all the other people trying to buy you out of Sydney?
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:28am by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:34am

freediver wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:21am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:58pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:51pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
Quote:

So why is the government flooding the country with migrants then Pecca?

Perhaps the Government you voted for subscribes to the "migrants lift the three "Ps" of high economic growth - population, participation and productivity" argument.

I'm not sold on the idea, myself.

Most migrants do low skilled and low paid work. That's why the rich want them.

The Afghans put the cement on and the white boss comes around two days later to put the white on!

All industries are the same!

I hate hearing this crap that it's about building a multicultural society . It's purely money. I wish they'd just tell the Australian people the truth. Ghettoising our multicultural suburbs helps nobody but the rich.

I think they're pretty open about the "migrants lift the three "Ps" of high economic growth - population, participation and productivity" argument.

They say that Australia has a "relatively stable fertility rate" of 1.9 births per woman, which is below the replacement level.

So, without migration, Australia's population will "inevitably dwindle".

And, they see this as a bad thing.

Is it though?

Most of the things I like about Australia ultimately boil down to a low population.

Despite our low birth rate, our population is still not declining. Not just because of net immigration, but because of old people refusing to die.

I also don't get the demographic crisis thing. One of the biggest financial complaints people have is housing affordability. If the population declines, we don't have to build any new houses. The price might even crash, especially in the outer suburbs. Why spend your whole life working to gather up enough money to account for all the other people trying to buy you out of Sydney?

Yes, i must say that I've never been a huge fan of the "three 'Ps' of high economic growth" argument.

I was happy when we had just 17 million people here.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 8:37am

Grendel wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:13am:
Quote:

Do try to keep up.

No dear gweggy it originated on the ABS website...
that is where I read it.

I'm sorry dear, but the ABS website does not say:

"The Australian Bureau of Statistics yesterday revealed, under the cover of Christmas and festive cheer, stats on Australia's past 12 month intake of migrants."
(very first line in the OP)

It comes from Hanson's Facebook page, as well as her "Aussie Pride - No Islam - No Shariah Law" Facebook page.

No wonder you guys didn't want to cite a reference   Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print