Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Legal pot $10 billion industry in USA (Read 2278 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Legal pot $10 billion industry in USA
Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:11pm

Quote:
The legal marijuana market is exploding -- it will hit almost $10 billion sales in this year

Legal marijuana sales are predicted to hit $US9.7 billion in 2017, a 33% increase over 2016, according to a new report.

The growth is buoyed by new states legalizing marijuana, and sales exceeding expectations in existing markets.

Analysts predict the market to hit $US24.5 billion in sales by 2021, despite continued federal prohibition.

The market for legal marijuana is heating up in a big way.
Legal marijuana sales are predicted to hit $US9.7 billion in North America in 2017, according to a new report from cannabis industry analysts Arcview Market Research, in partnership with BDS Analytics.

That represents an unprecedented 33% increase over 2016, shattering previous expectations about how quickly the cannabis industry could grow in the face of federal prohibition. The report further predicts the entire legal cannabis market to reach $US24.5 billion in sales – a 28% annual growth rate by 2021 – as more states legalise marijuana for recreational use and existing markets mature.

“Aside from cryptocurrency, there is simply no other industry changing as rapidly or as unevenly as the cannabis sector,” Troy Dayton, Arcview’s CEO said.
The industry’s growth is buoyed by a number of new state-legal markets coming online in 2017. Nevada, where legal marijuana sales began in July, raked in $US27 million during the first month of sales, according to the report, prompting a supply shortage that forced Gov. Brian Sandoval to issue a “statement of emergency” to bring more marijuana into the state.

Revenue for the first six months of 2017 in Colorado, Washington, and Oregon – the first three states to legalise marijuana for adult-use – ran 33% ahead of 2016, also indicating that the market is still growing, according to the report.

California is set to begin sales of recreational marijuana on January 1, adding a massive consumer base to the industry. And Canada is set to begin nation-wide sales on July 1, 2018.
“Our data shows positive indicators across the board for the legal cannabis industry, in North America and around the globe,” said Tom Adams, Arcview’s editor-in-chief. “That’s nothing compared to what we can expect in 2018 and beyond from Nevada’s tourism, and California and Canada planning to launch adult-use sales in 2018.”

The report notes that the projection hinges on the assumption that the federal government does not crack down on state-legal cannabis, nor does it assume that there will be a host of new states legalizing marijuana in the next few years.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is a noted opponent of marijuana legalization, though the Justice Department has not yet indicated that it would seek to prosecute state-legal marijuana businesses.
Recreational marijuana is legal in seven states, and some form of medicinal marijuana is legal in thirty states. Marijuana is still considered an illegal Schedule 1 drug by the federal government, however.

A Gallup poll released in October indicates 64% of Americans support legalizing marijuana for both recreational and medicinal use, the highest support since Gallup first asked the question in 1969.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/legal-weed-market-to-hit-10-billion-in-sales-...

Nice to see people like Marla paying pot taxes.  Smiley

We should legalise and tax pot smokers.

Only 1 party in Australia that makes policy on facts - http://www.ldp.org.au/cannabis

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Legal pot $10 billion industry in USA
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 9:09am

So this is why you kangaroo rooters come here? To pay taxes?

Too bad this girl is Australian. I vote for her for Pressie in a heartbeat.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:13am

Some taxes are raised by it.
Young people are now not busted and given a life changing police record for having a joint.

criminals are being isolated.

It is a win/win/win scenario

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:56am

Marla is actually a Role Model for why our youth and young adults should stay as far away from 'recreational drugs' as possible.

It makes you an angry, abusive bitch in the long term.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 1:41pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
Quote:
The legal marijuana market is exploding -- it will hit almost $10 billion sales in this year

Legal marijuana sales are predicted to hit $US9.7 billion in 2017, a 33% increase over 2016, according to a new report.

The growth is buoyed by new states legalizing marijuana, and sales exceeding expectations in existing markets.

Analysts predict the market to hit $US24.5 billion in sales by 2021, despite continued federal prohibition.

The market for legal marijuana is heating up in a big way.
Legal marijuana sales are predicted to hit $US9.7 billion in North America in 2017, according to a new report from cannabis industry analysts Arcview Market Research, in partnership with BDS Analytics.

That represents an unprecedented 33% increase over 2016, shattering previous expectations about how quickly the cannabis industry could grow in the face of federal prohibition. The report further predicts the entire legal cannabis market to reach $US24.5 billion in sales – a 28% annual growth rate by 2021 – as more states legalise marijuana for recreational use and existing markets mature.

“Aside from cryptocurrency, there is simply no other industry changing as rapidly or as unevenly as the cannabis sector,” Troy Dayton, Arcview’s CEO said.
The industry’s growth is buoyed by a number of new state-legal markets coming online in 2017. Nevada, where legal marijuana sales began in July, raked in $US27 million during the first month of sales, according to the report, prompting a supply shortage that forced Gov. Brian Sandoval to issue a “statement of emergency” to bring more marijuana into the state.

Revenue for the first six months of 2017 in Colorado, Washington, and Oregon – the first three states to legalise marijuana for adult-use – ran 33% ahead of 2016, also indicating that the market is still growing, according to the report.

California is set to begin sales of recreational marijuana on January 1, adding a massive consumer base to the industry. And Canada is set to begin nation-wide sales on July 1, 2018.
“Our data shows positive indicators across the board for the legal cannabis industry, in North America and around the globe,” said Tom Adams, Arcview’s editor-in-chief. “That’s nothing compared to what we can expect in 2018 and beyond from Nevada’s tourism, and California and Canada planning to launch adult-use sales in 2018.”

The report notes that the projection hinges on the assumption that the federal government does not crack down on state-legal cannabis, nor does it assume that there will be a host of new states legalizing marijuana in the next few years.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is a noted opponent of marijuana legalization, though the Justice Department has not yet indicated that it would seek to prosecute state-legal marijuana businesses.
Recreational marijuana is legal in seven states, and some form of medicinal marijuana is legal in thirty states. Marijuana is still considered an illegal Schedule 1 drug by the federal government, however.

A Gallup poll released in October indicates 64% of Americans support legalizing marijuana for both recreational and medicinal use, the highest support since Gallup first asked the question in 1969.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/legal-weed-market-to-hit-10-billion-in-sales-...

Nice to see people like Marla paying pot taxes.  Smiley

We should legalise and tax pot smokers.

Only 1 party in Australia that makes policy on facts - http://www.ldp.org.au/cannabis

And you want to encourage young children to smoke pot, or at least normalize it?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 10:31pm

If it stopped them getting into other poo like Meth/Ice, yeah. I might even have drink of ethanol with them. Cheers!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 4:05pm

I got no qualms about people smoking pot/tobacco/etc.

I've worked with them heaps.

Alas, 95% of them are complete mentally lazy idiots who just stuff up all the time (because all they can think about is the next 'puff') regardless of the type of work/job/duty to do.  Roll Eyes

Ever see a 'Stoner' drive a car - its like watching that old person who should have had their licence 'retired'. Real 'slow' to react stuff.

Yeah - legalise/criminalise. It doesn't matter. Either way it's a 'dopey' outcome for those who smoke.

If it wasn't for stuff-up Stoners out there, we would have no-one to take advantage of and exploit for 'capital gains'  Wink Wink Wink Wink <*evil laugh: "Muhaha">

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 5:06pm

All the research shows that drivers on marijuana are way more safe on the roads than those under the influence of drink.

The best workers in the immigrant factories of Sydney were those who smoked a lot - and those who drank a fair bit. I was there to witness this paradox for 30 years.

The best teachers at private boarding school were the heavy boozers.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2018 at 5:12pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:12pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 5:06pm:
All the research shows that drivers on marijuana are way more safe on the roads than those under the influence of drink.

The best workers in the immigrant factories of Sydney were those who smoked a lot - and those who drank a fair bit. I was there to witness this paradox for 30 years.

The best teachers at private boarding school were the heavy boozers.

Of course they were 'good' workers. Give a Seal his mackerel, he do some tricks for you.
Give the Zulu their 'snuff' - they'll throw themselves against British bullets.

Drunk Driver: Over-React
Stoned Driver: Under-React

Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:22pm

The No Smoking ban was waived when production fell and sickies increased.

Tongue

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - May 2nd, 2018 at 10:25am

This Topic was moved here from Drug Policy by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print