Send Topic Print
Iranian democracy (Read 27696 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: Iranian democracy
Reply #225 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:16pm

OK I will try one lsat time o make it simple.
Firstly, There is no definitive smoking gun, "WE DONE IT" admission from the CIA, and many respected people do not take the issue seriously. Mainly because it just seems too BIG a thing to even contemplate, let alone try and do. Most people think that is just common sense, and listen to nothing else, after coming to that conclusion.
In 1977 US ambassador Christopher Warren,( I think,) spoke to Whitlam and assured him the US would never interfere in Australia's domestic politics AGAIN.

Now during 1974, the Links wre developed with "Commerce International", a finance operation, and "Nugen-Hand Bank", as well as purported "Brokers" who showed up claiming links to Arab Oil wealth funds. Whitlams goal was to borrow 4 billion to buy back Australias mineral resources, so they could be developed for the benefit of Australia, and Australians, rather than seeing the bulk of the money pouring off shore or into the hands of one or two individuals.
You saw what themining companies did when Rudd threatened a wealth tax, do you really believe that HUGE business could not marshall the same sort of thing in the 70's?
Especially with ASIO, and the Libs feeding leaks to the media all along.
It was a setup from go to whoa.
So they had the media onboard, they had Labor ministers fooled into thinking CIA fronts were legitimate finance institutions.
The major players were now all aligned and on the same page.
Big Business.
The major media owners.
The Lib/Country Party.
ASIO
ASIS
CIA
MI6
The Chief Justices of Australia.
The Governor General.

All were doing their bit to bring about the desired goal. Whitlam Government out of power before December1975.

Quote:
Look, I am not for a moment doubt that there are various people at any given time thinking about how to get rid of a government. I don't even doubt that the CIA, MI6, the Palace and assorted other groupings would have discussed the disaster the Whitlam Government was becoming.  Everyone was talking about the government and the endless scandals and controversies and grandstanding and blunders.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-11/whitlam-dismissal-five-facts-you-need-to-k...

https://www.crikey.com.au/2015/11/25/rundle-proving-the-cia-backed-conspiracy-th...

Flick it, what do I care, believe what you want to.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #226 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:31pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:06pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 5:08pm:
Quote:
Whether or not the government that replaces you is called a "caretaker" government or not is completely irrelevant to this point.

Even if the process happens exactly as it was intended by the constitution?

Oh look, FD makes another non-point with an idiotic and irrelevant rhetorical question.

Yes FD, Kerr brought down a democratically elected government (ie not "the people" as you claimed) - and maybe it "happened exactly as it was intended by the constitution". Can you see yet how you are not saying anything to refute this point?

So Kerr acted according to both the letter and the intent of the constitution? And, shock! horror! we had to have a caretaker government until an election could be held? Which makes it a coup d'etat and means our democracy is inferior to Iran's?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #227 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 8:37pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:16pm:
Firstly, There is no definitive smoking gun, "WE DONE IT" admission from the CIA, and many respected people do not take the issue seriously. Mainly because it just seems too BIG a thing to even contemplate, let alone try and do. Most people think that is just common sense, and listen to nothing else, after coming to that conclusion.
In 1977 US ambassador Christopher Warren,( I think,) spoke to Whitlam and assured him the US would never interfere in Australia's domestic politics AGAIN.

Now during 1974, the Links wre developed with "Commerce International", a finance operation, and "Nugen-Hand Bank", as well as purported "Brokers" who showed up claiming links to Arab Oil wealth funds. Whitlams goal was to borrow 4 billion to buy back Australias mineral resources, so they could be developed for the benefit of Australia, and Australians, rather than seeing the bulk of the money pouring off shore or into the hands of one or two individuals.
You saw what themining companies did when Rudd threatened a wealth tax, do you really believe that HUGE business could not marshall the same sort of thing in the 70's?
So they had the media onboard, they had Labor ministers fooled into thinking CIA fronts were legitimate finance institutions.
Big Business.
The major media owners.
The Lib/Country Party.
ASIO
ASIS
CIA
MI6
The Governor General.

All were doing their bit to bring about the desired goal. Whitlam Government out of power before December1975.

Quote:
Look, I am not for a moment doubt that there are various people at any given time thinking about how to get rid of a government. I don't even doubt that the CIA, MI6, the Palace and assorted other groupings would have discussed the disaster the Whitlam Government was becoming.  Everyone was talking about the government and the endless scandals and controversies and grandstanding and blunders.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-11/whitlam-dismissal-five-facts-you-need-to-k...

https://www.crikey.com.au/2015/11/25/rundle-proving-the-cia-backed-conspiracy-th...

So they fooled the majority of Australian voters. I am not buying that because if that's  true it's  even worse.  If Australians are that stupid then who cares?

You can't save people from themselves - look at all the shitholes countries.  At heart you are saying that  Australians are idiots and for that they deserve to be duped AND SO THEY WERE DUPED. I'm not buying that.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #228 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:14pm

Frank wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 8:37pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:16pm:

Big Business.
The major media owners.
The Lib/Country Party.
ASIO
ASIS
CIA
MI6
The Governor General.

Quote:

So they fooled the majority of Australian voters. I am not buying that because if that's  true it's  even worse.  If Australians are that stupid then who cares?

The old boy, you see, likes Danish.

University of Balogney, innnit.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #229 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:16pm

Quote:
Whether or not the government that replaces you is called a "caretaker" government or not is completely irrelevant to this point.

Oh look, FD makes another non-point with an idiotic and irrelevant rhetorical question.

Yes FD, Kerr brought down a democratically elected government (ie not "the people" as you claimed) - and maybe it "happened exactly as it was intended by the constitution". Can you see yet how you are not saying anything to refute this point?

Well, in FD's defence, sometimes a question is just a question.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #230 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 12:40pm

We cannot rely solely on the Constitution of Australia to inform the role of the GG/Sovereign with regard to dismissal. The Aus Constitution was based on the conventions of the Westminster, and the unwritten Constitution of the UK. The UK Constitution clearly indicated that the Queen would act only on the advice and consent of the Privy Council (i.e. the Government).

That the Aus Constitution gave this power to the GG was just for formal and codifying 'purposes'. Convention is usually much more deeply respected and adhered to than hard-and-fast codified rules. For e.g. if you read the Aus Constitution, any person can be appointed as a member of the Federal Executive Council, but they can't be appointed as a Minister of State. Further, only a Minister of State can administer a department of State....' Of course, convention dictates that this would not happen.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #231 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:38pm

freediver wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:31pm:
Quote:

So Kerr acted according to both the letter and the intent of the constitution? And, shock! horror! we had to have a caretaker government until an election could be held? Which makes it a coup d'etat and means our democracy is inferior to Iran's?

Well done on attributing that rubbish in the last sentence to what I said FD.

You were wrong - Whitlam's government was not in place at the time of the 75 election, and the electorate did not end that government  Thats what you claimed, and it is nonsense. It is nonsense because it had already ended - thanks to Kerr appointing a new government. Why you still think that whether or not it was "to the letter" the "intent" of the constitution is somehow relevant to the fact that you were wrong - is a great mystery.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #232 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:01pm

Meanwhile, let's get back on topic, because all we have learned with the dismissal diversion, is that, people will believe what they want, and will resist silly things like evidence, if it does not support their preconceived notions.

So what is happening in IRAN?

Quote:
[/"The President and Vice-President of the United States, in their numerous absurd tweets, incited Iranians to engage in disruptive acts," the ambassador wrote to the UN Security Council president and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.quote]

[quote]The US didn't immediately respond to the letter, which maintains that Washington "has crossed every limit in flouting rules and principles of international law governing the civilised conduct of international relations".
At least 21 people have been killed and hundreds arrested in Iran during a week of anti-government protests and unrest over economic woes and official corruption.
Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people took part in counter-demonstrations on Wednesday backing the clerically overseen government, which has said "enemies of Iran" are fomenting the protests.

Quote:
Trump has unleashed a series of tweets in recent days backing the protesters, saying Iran is "failing at every level" and declaring that it is "time for change" in the Islamic Republic.
"Such respect for the people of Iran as they try to take back their corrupt government," he tweeted on Wednesday.
"You will see great support from the United States at the appropriate time!"
Guterres is following the developments in Iran with concern, deputy spokesman Farhan Haq said earlier on Wednesday.
He said the secretary-general urged respect for free-expression rights and stressed that any demonstrations should be peaceful.
Trump's UN envoy, Ambassador Nikki Haley, on Tuesday called for an emergency Security Council meeting on Iran, saying the UN needed to speak out in support of the protesters.
As yet, no meeting has been scheduled.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/crossed-every-limit-iran-un-letter-blames-trump-over...

So we once more see people dying to protest in Iran, that is a very serious way to run a democracy???

No surprise that the mullahs, who repress, with violence, all real public protests, once more rally their rent a crowd loons to praise Allan, and themselves as his faithful servants.
When the Danish Cartoon pogrom was being run by Islamist forces around the world, Iran chipped in with "spontaneous" protests to demand the murder of Danish citizens, and sanctions against the Danish government. Democracy is obviously alive and well in Iran, which cannot be said for all those Iranians who have been supportung it "publicly".

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #233 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:39pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:38pm:
Quote:

You were wrong - Whitlam's government was not in place at the time of the 75 election, and the electorate did not end that government  Thats what you claimed, and it is nonsense. It is nonsense because it had already ended - thanks to Kerr appointing a new government. Why you still think that whether or not it was "to the letter" the "intent" of the constitution is somehow relevant to the fact that you were wrong - is a great mystery.

Can you quote me?

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #234 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:47am

mozzaok wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:01pm:
Meanwhile, let's get back on topic, because all we have learned with the dismissal diversion, is that, people will believe what they want, and will resist silly things like evidence, if it does not support their preconceived notions.

Quote:
[/"The President and Vice-President of the United States, in their numerous absurd tweets, incited Iranians to engage in disruptive acts," the ambassador wrote to the UN Security Council president and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.quote]

[quote]The US didn't immediately respond to the letter, which maintains that Washington "has crossed every limit in flouting rules and principles of international law governing the civilised conduct of international relations".
At least 21 people have been killed and hundreds arrested in Iran during a week of anti-government protests and unrest over economic woes and official corruption.
Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people took part in counter-demonstrations on Wednesday backing the clerically overseen government, which has said "enemies of Iran" are fomenting the protests.

Quote:
Trump has unleashed a series of tweets in recent days backing the protesters, saying Iran is "failing at every level" and declaring that it is "time for change" in the Islamic Republic.
"Such respect for the people of Iran as they try to take back their corrupt government," he tweeted on Wednesday.
Guterres is following the developments in Iran with concern, deputy spokesman Farhan Haq said earlier on Wednesday.
He said the secretary-general urged respect for free-expression rights and stressed that any demonstrations should be peaceful.
Trump's UN envoy, Ambassador Nikki Haley, on Tuesday called for an emergency Security Council meeting on Iran, saying the UN needed to speak out in support of the protesters.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/crossed-every-limit-iran-un-letter-blames-trump-over...

So we once more see people dying to protest in Iran, that is a very serious way to run a democracy???

No surprise that the mullahs, who repress, with violence, all real public protests, once more rally their rent a crowd loons to praise Allan, and themselves as his faithful servants.
When the Danish Cartoon pogrom was being run by Islamist forces around the world, Iran chipped in with "spontaneous" protests to demand the murder of Danish citizens, and sanctions against the Danish government. Democracy is obviously alive and well in Iran, which cannot be said for all those Iranians who have been supportung it "publicly".

More indigenous people are dying in Australian prisons without protesting and no one gives damn about that and you are "genuinely crying" out of love for Iranians.

Are you an Iranian or maybe you should have look in your backyard.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #235 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:37pm

How many?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #236 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:47pm

freediver wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:38pm:
Quote:

Can you quote me?

Send him to the Wiki, G.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #237 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:26pm

capitosinora wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:47am:

Quote:

Quote:

More indigenous people are dying in Australian prisons without protesting and no one gives damn about that and you are "genuinely crying" out of love for Iranians.

Well for starters I believe your assertion to be absolutely false, regarding more aborigines dying in our jails, than iranians who protest against their theocratic masters.

And yes, my heart and sympathy, and support, goes to all people who struggle against violent oppression.
Whether it be muslim and jewish children subjected to genital mutilation, or actual political dissidents putting there lives on the line by publicly protesting against the fascist style of theocracy in Iran.
It is grossly insulting to their bravery to compare them to criminals who suicide in the hope of making the authorities look bad. Not super intelligent choice there, but what we have come to expect.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #238 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:49pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:26pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Well for starters I believe your assertion to be absolutely false, regarding more aborigines dying in our jails, than iranians who protest against their theocratic masters.

And yes, my heart and sympathy, and support, goes to all people who struggle against violent oppression.
Whether it be muslim and jewish children subjected to genital mutilation, or actual political dissidents putting there lives on the line by publicly protesting against the fascist style of theocracy in Iran.
It is grossly insulting to their bravery to compare them to criminals who suicide in the hope of making the authorities look bad. Not super intelligent choice there, but what we have come to expect.

So it wasn't enough that you stole their land and enslave them and now on the top of that you have to pronounce them as criminals , pedophiles and so on, I guess to cover up your crimes.
What a cruel fascism.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #239 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:52pm

capitosinora wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:49pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:26pm:

Quote:

Quote:

So it wasn't enough that you stole their land and enslave them and now on the top of that you have to pronounce them as criminals , pedophiles and so on, I guess to cover up your crimes.
What a cruel fascism.

Do you have a full time carer??

If yes, that makes sense.
If No, get one.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print