www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Iranian democracy
Reply #135 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 9:47am

Auggie wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:11pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 12:34pm:
capitosinora wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 8:10am:
OK let's go back to the facts.

Iranian head of state is supreme leader who is also the highest religious authority and is not democratically elected.
British and Australian head of state is a British monarch who is also religious authority (Head of Anglican church) and has constitutional right to dismiss democratically elected parliament and prime minister and is not democratically elected.
Iran is a sovereign country with Iranian head of state and Australia is a British colony with British head of state.
So before you hypocrites criticise someone else's democracy first look at your back yard.

Do you think Iran is more democratic than Australia?

Ready to concede that you were wrong about Why Nations Fail?

I guessed correctly after about 5 seconds that you had not actually read the book. Guess how I knew?

capitosinora wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 7:43pm:

Iranian head of state is supreme leader who is also the highest religious authority and is not democratically elected.
British and Australian head of state is a British monarch who is also religious authority (Head of Anglican church) and has constitutional right to dismiss democratically elected parliament and prime minister and is not democratically elected.
Iran is a sovereign country with Iranian head of state and Australia is a British colony with British head of state.
So before you hypocrites criticise someone else's democracy first look at your back yard.

What we think is irrelevant only facts and basic knowledge count.
Democracy Greek: δημοκρατία dēmokratía, literally "rule of the people"
Aristocracy (Greek ἀριστοκρατία aristokratía, from ἄριστος aristos literally "rule of the elite"
If you have a head of state who is not democratically elected and who has right to dismiss democratically elected prime minister and parliament than this is not democracy.

Do you think Australia is more democratic than Russia?

Would you like to have another go at answering the question?

Quote:
We are democracy because we liberated our self from British colonial rule, developed own cultural i national identity and finally as a result of that became a world power.

None of that makes your country a democracy.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #136 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:20pm

Quote:
I suspect your intelligent enough to acknowledge the facts and the truth and are just trolling with your inferiority complex emotions.
This  "figurehead" of yours has constitutional right to dismiss democratically elected Australian prime minister and parliament.
This  "figurehead" of yours in 1974 sacked democratically elected Australian prime minister Gough Whitlam.
As long as this is the case Australia will not be either democratic or sovereign country.

And you're intelligent enough to understand that no system is perfect. The dismissal in 1974 was a once-off anomaly which would never, and I repeat, ever happen again.

The Queen has no authority to dismiss a Prime Minister; convention dictates that he/she cannot do this.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #137 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:21pm

freediver wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 9:47am:
I guessed correctly after about 5 seconds that you had not actually read the book. Guess how I knew?

I have read the book. Unless you're calling me a liar, which I assume you are.

Do you have the book on you? Perhaps you would like to quote certain passages of the book, which support your claim? I don't have the book on me, so I'm happy to provide you with reviews of the book, which support my claim.

Are you?

Or are you FD the infallible?

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #138 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:15pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:20pm:
Quote:
I suspect your intelligent enough to acknowledge the facts and the truth and are just trolling with your inferiority complex emotions.
This  "figurehead" of yours has constitutional right to dismiss democratically elected Australian prime minister and parliament.
This  "figurehead" of yours in 1974 sacked democratically elected Australian prime minister Gough Whitlam.
As long as this is the case Australia will not be either democratic or sovereign country.

And you're intelligent enough to understand that no system is perfect. The dismissal in 1974 was a once-off anomaly which would never, and I repeat, ever happen again.

The Queen has no authority to dismiss a Prime Minister; convention dictates that he/she cannot do this.

Inferiority complex dreams that prevent you to face reality. You can afford that as long as you think you are protected by USA.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #139 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:21pm

Auggie wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:11pm:

Ready to concede that you were wrong about Why Nations Fail?

capitosinora wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 7:43pm:

What we think is irrelevant only facts and basic knowledge count.
Democracy Greek: δημοκρατία dēmokratía, literally "rule of the people"
Aristocracy (Greek ἀριστοκρατία aristokratía, from ἄριστος aristos literally "rule of the elite"
If you have a head of state who is not democratically elected and who has right to dismiss democratically elected prime minister and parliament than this is not democracy.

Do you think Australia is more democratic than Russia?

Would you like to have another go at answering the question?

Quote:
We are democracy because we liberated our self from British colonial rule, developed own cultural i national identity and finally as a result of that became a world power.

None of that makes your country a democracy.

We have own democratically elected head of state and the senate.
Britain and USA share Australia as a common prostitute.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #140 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 10:15pm

capitosinora wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 8:09pm:
issuevoter wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 4:35pm:
capitosonora is one of these people like Unforgiven who resents the success of the English speaking peoples. In both cases, they probably have to look around at the cultures they spring from and admit they have made no progress that was not instigated by English speaking cultures. The accusation that Australia is a British colony is not a statement of belief or fact. It is a flimsy attempt at insult which ends up being a backhanded compliment. Cap, look at your own cultural heritage, and show us how much it has contributed to the world. And while you are at it, ask yourself why almost every emerging nation since the end of WW2 had tried to introduce a parliamentary system . . . even Iran.

I am living in English speaking country (World power).
Unfortunately not all British colonies managed to do that and that's why the greatest Aussie intellectual Robert Hughes wrote about his "country" of birth: "Australia is spaciously huge, culturally tiny and politically insignificant".

Hughes was an art historian, not a real historian.  His work is flawed, like most of what he wrote about.  His social commentary is too overly coloured and biased by his political views.

Apart from that, you raise some interesting points.  Tell me, if you believe that it is impossible for a Head of State that is unelected to lead a truly democratic nation, how is the US President who is not elected by the people but by the Electoral College, able to lead the US which you claim is a Democratic State?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 10:35pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 10:15pm:
Hughes was an art historian, not a real historian.  His work is flawed, like most of what he wrote about.  His social commentary is too overly coloured and biased by his political views.

And yours are not, shitehead??

From a principled, intelligent man I would allow that objection but not from a spineless, lying, hypocritical and low-brow worm like you.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #142 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 11:35pm

Quote:
We have own democratically elected head of state and the senate.
Britain and USA share Australia as a common prostitute.

Sure, you do have a 'democratically-elected head of State'. It's also true that you've had a history of very bad Presidents (as well as very good Presidents); whereas the Westminster system consistently produces good Prime Ministers comparatively. Our worst Prime Minister (whoever that may be) is not as bad as the worst American president.

Ergo, our system is superior because it's able to produce leaders.

BTW, your Senate wasn't popularly-elected until 1912.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #143 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 11:36pm

capitosinora wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:15pm:
Quote:

Inferiority complex dreams that prevent you to face reality. You can afford that as long as you think you are protected by USA.

And you are ignorant of our system. If you truly understand our system of Government, you'll soon realize that it is governed by convention more so than by hard-and-fast rules, like many other political systems, even the American one.

Convention dictates that the Queen has no political power.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #144 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 7:06am

Auggie wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 2:21pm:

I have read the book. Unless you're calling me a liar, which I assume you are.

Do you have the book on you? Perhaps you would like to quote certain passages of the book, which support your claim? I don't have the book on me, so I'm happy to provide you with reviews of the book, which support my claim.

Are you?

Or are you FD the infallible?

You want me to type out passages from the book because you don't have it on you?

You have ignored every single post of mine (about a dozen of them) where I tried to explain why you are wrong and tried to change the subject instead, so I have every expectation that if I went to that effort you still would not realise or acknowledge what I am saying to you.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #145 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 8:11am

A country controlled by religious fanatics can never be democratic.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #146 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:56am

Auggie wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 11:36pm:
capitosinora wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:15pm:
Quote:

And you are ignorant of our system. If you truly understand our system of Government, you'll soon realize that it is governed by convention more so than by hard-and-fast rules, like many other political systems, even the American one.

Convention dictates that the Queen has no political power.

Burying your head in the sand and, ignoring outside world and being arrogant,
because of need to avoid negative feelings, won't change reality in which you live.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #147 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:04am

What I find interesting is that many protestors are reported to be shouting things like:
"We are Aryans. We don't owe allegiance to an Arab leader (Mohamed?)"

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #148 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:09am

capitosonora is one of these people like Unforgiven who resents the success of the English speaking peoples. In both cases, they probably have to look around at the cultures they spring from and admit they have made no progress that was not instigated by English speaking cultures. The accusation that Australia is a British colony is not a statement of belief or fact. It is a flimsy attempt at insult which ends up being a backhanded compliment. Cap, look at your own cultural heritage, and show us how much it has contributed to the world. And while you are at it, ask yourself why almost every emerging nation since the end of WW2 had tried to introduce a parliamentary system . . . even Iran.

Unfortunately not all British colonies managed to do that and that's why the greatest Aussie intellectual Robert Hughes wrote about his "country" of birth: "Australia is spaciously huge, culturally tiny and politically insignificant".

Hughes was an art historian, not a real historian. 
His work is flawed, like most of what he wrote about.  His social commentary is too overly coloured and biased by his political views.

Apart from that, you raise some interesting points.  Tell me, if you believe that it is impossible for a Head of State that is unelected to lead a truly democratic nation, how is the US President who is not elected by the people but by the Electoral College, able to lead the US which you claim is a Democratic State?   Roll Eyes

Robert Hughes was exceptional intellectual. Because of undeveloped cultural identity Australia doesn't need intellectuals. The problem is that Australia only accept mediocre which has roots in the convict past.
The highest level of achievement for a convict is obedience and conformity without knowing concept of freedom.
Robert Hughes was not only intellectual dissident who was not accepted in his country of origin simply because he was exceptional like for example Jeffrey Smart and others.

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:40am by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #149 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:31am

In US people go and vote you are not allowed to vote for your foreign head of state.
You have FOREIGN head of state it is a misery of a colony.
I can not imagine that USA has foreign king as it's head of state or for example French head of state to be Russian president. People in sovereign country would never agree with such misery.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Send Topic Print