Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Flogging a Dead Horse (Read 3516 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Flogging a Dead Horse
Reply #30 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:32am

"The total death toll for the one year period was 137 horses, equaling one dead horse every 2.6 days."

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:37am

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:16am:
aquascoot wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 6:50am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:08pm:
Justsayno wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:01pm:
158,504 people died in Australia in 2016 that is 432 people a day. What are you going to do about that appalling statistic little pecca? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Were they forced to race around a track, with a 50 kg jockey on their back (whipping them), against their will?

I'm curious.

like you know what a horse is thinking  Wink Wink.

thats the equivalent of someone saying i force my kelpie and my quarterhorse to run around in the hot sun after cattle.

dude, the dog shows signs of stress if i DONT take it.
i have a horse (fair dinkum) that will stand behind the float on a saturday because it WANTS to be loaded to go work. you put the ramp down and it walks on.

dont be thinking that horses think like humans.
dont be thinking thorroughbreds hate and despise running .

and as for the whip  Cheesy Cheesy.

you stupid numptie. a little piece of padded leather doesnt induce pain. horses bite and kick each other all the time with a force that would seriously damage you. are you seriously saying a padded bit of leather split in 2 to make a cracking sound causes pain Cheesy Cheesy.
when i see horses run through lantana that claws at them much worse and they couldnt care less.

about the only horse abuse i saw at the melbourne cup this year was when some moron from PETA banged on the side of a passing float (with the typical PETA angry mindlessness) and the horse inside nearly scrambled.  thats about the worst of it you numptie

What about the horses being injected with drugs and then having a cardiac arrest....Do you deny this happens or did you just ignore it???

Huh Huh Huh

i think the testing is now very very rigorous.
every horse that places is swabbed.
stewards have keys to all trainers and can conduct random raids.
stewards can stop a float and check for any drenching equipment.
i think Laurie Connell had a horse drop dead in perth years back that was heavily backed by laurie and by brian bourke Grin Grin.

but speaking from a personal perspective.
ive had a couple and the prizemoney , even for a country race is pretty good (maybe 7,000) and if you did anything dodgey, its a life ban.

i think the industry is pretty clean.

the main problem is NOT cruelty to the horses running.
some live in airconditioned stables.
most trainers would get the vet out to their horse before they would pay to see the doctor themselves. they are very dedicated.

the problem is the over breeding.

thats where PETA should direct their efforts.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #32 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:42am

aquascoot wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:37am:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:16am:
aquascoot wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 6:50am:
158,504 people died in Australia in 2016 that is 432 people a day. What are you going to do about that appalling statistic little pecca? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Were they forced to race around a track, with a 50 kg jockey on their back (whipping them), against their will?

I'm curious.

like you know what a horse is thinking  Wink Wink.

thats the equivalent of someone saying i force my kelpie and my quarterhorse to run around in the hot sun after cattle.

dude, the dog shows signs of stress if i DONT take it.
i have a horse (fair dinkum) that will stand behind the float on a saturday because it WANTS to be loaded to go work. you put the ramp down and it walks on.

dont be thinking that horses think like humans.
dont be thinking thorroughbreds hate and despise running .

and as for the whip  Cheesy Cheesy.

you stupid numptie. a little piece of padded leather doesnt induce pain. horses bite and kick each other all the time with a force that would seriously damage you. are you seriously saying a padded bit of leather split in 2 to make a cracking sound causes pain Cheesy Cheesy.
when i see horses run through lantana that claws at them much worse and they couldnt care less.

about the only horse abuse i saw at the melbourne cup this year was when some moron from PETA banged on the side of a passing float (with the typical PETA angry mindlessness) and the horse inside nearly scrambled.  thats about the worst of it you numptie

What about the horses being injected with drugs and then having a cardiac arrest....Do you deny this happens or did you just ignore it???

Huh Huh Huh

i think the testing is now very very rigorous.
every horse that places is swabbed.
stewards have keys to all trainers and can conduct random raids.
stewards can stop a float and check for any drenching equipment.
i think Laurie Connell had a horse drop dead in perth years back that was heavily backed by laurie and by brian bourke Grin Grin.

but speaking from a personal perspective.
ive had a couple and the prizemoney , even for a country race is pretty good (maybe 7,000) and if you did anything dodgey, its a life ban.

i think the industry is pretty clean.

the main problem is NOT cruelty to the horses running.
some live in airconditioned stables.
most trainers would get the vet out to their horse before they would pay to see the doctor themselves. they are very dedicated.

the problem is the over breeding.

thats where PETA should direct their efforts.

Exactly what I was thinking, the slaughter of horses who don't make the grade is what needs attention.

IBI

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:47am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:32am:
"The total death toll for the one year period was 137 horses, equaling one dead horse every 2.6 days."

look you idiot,

the total death toll is probably 20 x that for horses that are slow and end up on a plate in belgium.

but if some yuppie from sydney wants to buy a yearling for 100,000 and then sell it to the knackery 2 years later for 300 bucks, then take it up with him.

most people that work in the industry despise these cretins who try to get status by "taking" it from the horse vicariously.

most good horse people have rescued hundreds of horses and retrained them to have a better life.

and yet PETA are the ones who want to bang on my float and tell me a tap with a whip is abuse  Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 8:46am

aquascoot wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:47am:

look you idiot,

the total death toll is probably 20 x that for horses that are slow and end up on a plate in belgium.

but if some yuppie from sydney wants to buy a yearling for 100,000 and then sell it to the knackery 2 years later for 300 bucks, then take it up with him.

most people that work in the industry despise these cretins who try to get status by "taking" it from the horse vicariously.

most good horse people have rescued hundreds of horses and retrained them to have a better life.

and yet PETA are the ones who want to bang on my float and tell me a tap with a whip is abuse  Cheesy Cheesy

Oh dear, abuse right from the get go.

How very alpha.

"See what happens behind-the-scenes in the horse racing industry, and find out why you shouldn't bet on cruelty. WARNING: This video contains footage that some people may find distressing."

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/media/videos.php?vid=horseracing

Sport of Kings?

Sport of Cruelty, more like it.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:47am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 8:46am:
aquascoot wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 7:47am:

look you idiot,

Oh dear, abuse right from the get go.

How very alpha.

"See what happens behind-the-scenes in the horse racing industry, and find out why you shouldn't bet on cruelty. WARNING: This video contains footage that some people may find distressing."

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/media/videos.php?vid=horseracing

Sport of Kings?

Sport of Cruelty, more like it.

lol.

their tape shows a few crashes going back over 20 years.
and yet every day in australia , there are dozens of meetings, 100's of races and thousands of horses running.

the highlights reel of football injuries would involve many many more incidents then occur in thourroughbred racing.
horses injure themselves all the time in the bush or in a big paddock .

in fact, i would guess that a thoroughbred has less chance of suffering an injury then if you let it loose in the bush. in fact, i would bet that is the case.

thank god, these wonderful animals have doting and compassionate humans to care for them. how lucky they are.

if they are overbred, then take it up with the breeders

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:53am

aquascoot wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:47am:
the highlights reel of football injuries would involve many many more incidents then occur in thourroughbred racing.

Absolutely.

What you fail to understand, though, is that footballers go out onto the field voluntarily.

"Those who defend racing argue that the animals actually enjoy the sport. "The horses are happy and like to run," they claim. However, horses exhibit a range of health effects that show that their management is purely in the interest of productivity."

There are no winners: horse racing is unethical

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 10:01am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:53am:
aquascoot wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:47am:

Absolutely.

What you fail to understand, though, is that footballers go out onto the field voluntarily.

"Those who defend racing argue that the animals actually enjoy the sport. "The horses are happy and like to run," they claim. However, horses exhibit a range of health effects that show that their management is purely in the interest of productivity."

There are no winners: horse racing is unethical

well stop the overbreeding because a thorroughbred is safest on the racetrack and living in a stable.
ive had plenty on my farm.
they are quite a stupid breed.
if you try to round up cattle with them, they would fall in a gully and kill themselves and me.
if you let them run around, they run the fence line and crash or impale themselves on a star picket or they see  a sheep and freak out and crash thru the barbed wire.

honestly, once they are bred, they are only useful for racing. they enjoy it if you want to put it that way in the same way a blue heeler bred to round up cattle enjoys rounding up cattle. its just what they do.
if you stand them in a yard and dont have them running they are miserable just like a blue heeler tied up all day.
stop assuming that witless PETA SJW's know anything about horses.

if you want to stop the problem, go target the big studs.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 10:06am

"At its heart, racing is a cruel sport that uses animals for our pleasure.

"Horses are bred, trained and forced to perform an unnatural spectacle.

"Races reaffirm the domination of humans over animals."

Sad.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:51pm

"Only in racing do we still let humans whip animals.

"Regulations that establish how much a racehorse can be whipped are just a way to appease the debate, but fail to address the underlying fact that whipping of any kind is unethical."

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:57pm

A jockey whipped me 'as hard as I'd hit a horse' and it didn't hurt

He hit me three times in quick succession on the palm of the hand yesterday afternoon, the third time "as hard as I'd ever hit a horse" and, thanks to the design of his lightweight, foam-cushioned whip, I scarcely felt a thing.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/oct/18/jockeys-whip-didnt-hurt

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:15pm

RSPCA View

"The rules in place governing whip use in Thoroughbred racing are not being adhered to.

"So-called padding of a whip is not effective in safeguarding horses from possible pain.

"This study shows the ARB cannot adequately police the rules that are in place and the next step is to end the use of whips as performance aids all together."

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #42 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:20pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:15pm:
RSPCA View

"The rules in place governing whip use in Thoroughbred racing are not being adhered to.

"So-called padding of a whip is not effective in safeguarding horses from possible pain.

"This study shows the ARB cannot adequately police the rules that are in place and the next step is to end the use of whips as performance aids all together."

When you visit an S&M dungeon does the mistress use a padded whip on you?

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:26pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:15pm:
RSPCA View

When you visit an S&M dungeon does the mistress use a padded whip on you?

Yes, but we are both consenting adults.

Horses don't ask to be whipped.

You really are having a problem understanding that, aren't you?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #44 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 4:30pm

Justsayno wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:13pm:

I'm curious.

Humans are not horses.

Are you deranged
, I'm curious.  Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes

well  the answer to that is yes-but I hate the way horses are treated in the name of sport- so he is right in this case- the re racing industry is cruel and I haven't had a bet for a long time- for this reason

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print