Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Milo and promoters billed for police protection (Read 12388 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Milo and promoters billed for police protection
Reply #30 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:08pm

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:57pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:24pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:25pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
The OP makes it sound like Milo cannot be forced to pay the bill, and I do not think he should. We need harsher penalties for people using violence to achieve censorship.

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:21am:
I agree....If you hold an event that needs police protection then you should be charged for that protection or take measures to ensure public safety for all concerned....Protesting is not illegal in Australia!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you in favour of allowing groups like antifa to silence these speakers by making it too expensive for them and their supporters to gather anywhere? Is that really the sort of society you want?

I would be happy if the police arrested the trouble makers (both sides) and charged them with an offence so Milo or anyone else can sue them for the cost of security....If you don't need security you don't have to pay for it!!!

Huh Huh Huh

Why should Milo have to chase them up? Most of the antifa mob are dole bludgers anyway.

Are you saying you are in favour of antifa being able to shut people like Milo down by making it too expensive for them to express their opinion, so long as there is a theoretical possibility of them recovering some of the money?

Or have you simply not thought it through?

I will put it this way....

Milo thinks he is a rock star....If you have Rock concert you must provide security....Milo's concert needed 350 police in riot gear to keep him alive....If Milo and other celebrities who are in a similar position sue these organisations and individuals for the cost of the security then some of these dickheads would think twice about causing trouble....Otherwise you pay the price regardless???

Huh Huh Huh

Sure, but that eats into their ticket prices, no?

Not to mention their social media revenue. Shouldn't we be paying people like this to bring us Freeedom? The price of Freeeedom is more Police, you know. Riot shields, water cannons, rubber bullets...

Herbie knows what I mean.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:58pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
Go Milo.  I want my kids to hear him.

This is what intelligent disagreement and discussion looks like, feral, shouty progs

Have they read the Art of the Deal?

Compelling reading, old boy.

You are one of the great examples of the instinctive dishonest lefty, baying jackals.

You do not have an honest bone in your body. Everything is agit-prop for the Homintern and the Comintern.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #32 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:21pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:08pm:
The OP makes it sound like Milo cannot be forced to pay the bill, and I do not think he should. We need harsher penalties for people using violence to achieve censorship.

I agree....If you hold an event that needs police protection then you should be charged for that protection or take measures to ensure public safety for all concerned....Protesting is not illegal in Australia!!!

Are you in favour of allowing groups like antifa to silence these speakers by making it too expensive for them and their supporters to gather anywhere? Is that really the sort of society you want?

I would be happy if the police arrested the trouble makers (both sides) and charged them with an offence so Milo or anyone else can sue them for the cost of security....If you don't need security you don't have to pay for it!!!

Huh Huh Huh

Why should Milo have to chase them up? Most of the antifa mob are dole bludgers anyway.

Are you saying you are in favour of antifa being able to shut people like Milo down by making it too expensive for them to express their opinion, so long as there is a theoretical possibility of them recovering some of the money?

Milo thinks he is a rock star....If you have Rock concert you must provide security....Milo's concert needed 350 police in riot gear to keep him alive....If Milo and other celebrities who are in a similar position sue these organisations and individuals for the cost of the security then some of these dickheads would think twice about causing trouble....Otherwise you pay the price regardless???

Huh Huh Huh

Not to mention their social media revenue. Shouldn't we be paying people like this to bring us Freeedom? The price of Freeeedom is more Police, you know. Riot shields, water cannons, rubber bullets...

When you promote an event you need to consider the cost of security....If Milo was the real Queen he would have had the Federal Police protecting him around the clock at taxpayers expense....Promoters of any event need to factor in these costs when deciding to provoke the public!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:25pm

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

When was the last time a rock concert needed hundreds of police to protect from people trying to stop the concert?

How are you making a different point? Milo paid for the security inside the premises. He should not have to pay for the police to round up violent antifa morons out on the street.

How is this any different from you promoting the idea that people should be able to use violence and threats of violence to shut down a speaking engagement, by holding the speaker financially accountable for the moronic actions of the opposition crowd out on the street? Are you just going to find another way to say the same stupid thing?

Is this what you actually support Phil? Using violence to shut down free speech? Or are you more the "reject reality and replace it with my own" type?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:38pm

Frank wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:58pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
Go Milo.  I want my kids to hear him.

This is what intelligent disagreement and discussion looks like, feral, shouty progs

Have they read the Art of the Deal?

Compelling reading, old boy.

You are one of the great examples of the instinctive dishonest lefty, baying jackals.

You do not have an honest bone in your body. Everything is agit-prop for the Homintern and the Comintern.

Is that why I'm a Paki Bastard? Moi?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:41pm

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:21pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:08pm:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

When you promote an event you need to consider the cost of security....If Milo was the real Queen he would have had the Federal Police protecting him around the clock at taxpayers expense....Promoters of any event need to factor in these costs when deciding to provoke the public!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Yes, but FD's argument is to consider how much prosperity and Freeeedom a chap like Milo brings to this country.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:43pm

freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:25pm:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

When was the last time a rock concert needed hundreds of police to protect from people trying to stop the concert?

How are you making a different point? Milo paid for the security inside the premises. He should not have to pay for the police to round up violent antifa morons out on the street.

How is this any different from you promoting the idea that people should be able to use violence and threats of violence to shut down a speaking engagement, by holding the speaker financially accountable for the moronic actions of the opposition crowd out on the street? Are you just going to find another way to say the same stupid thing?

Is this what you actually support Phil? Using violence to shut down free speech? Or are you more the "reject reality and replace it with my own" type?

Did you support us paying for the security detail for Yassmin, FD?

Oh, That's right. You won't say.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:33am

If the clowns who decided they don't like him had stayed away instead of turning up looking for a fight then the cops wouldn't have needed to be there.

It's those who were protesting against Yiannopolis who should be slapped with the bill.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #38 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:35am

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

Promoters have to factor in the cost of security before bringing in dickheads who incite the public....WTF should my taxpayer dollars pay for any cretin to spew crap from any political persuasion....Good on the Victorian police for letting these promoters know there is a price for intollerance!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:57am

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

The problems occurred outside the venue not in it. Security is internal. The Police are supposed to protect people going about their business ...... not scumbags like ANTIFA and the rent a crowd that want to shut down anything they don't like.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:04am

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:35am:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

Promoters have to factor in the cost of security before bringing in dickheads who incite the public....WTF should my taxpayer dollars pay for any cretin to spew crap from any political persuasion....Good on the Victorian police for letting these promoters know there is a price for intollerance!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Grin Grin Amazing statement. The intolerance is squarely in the court of the lefty ANTIFA scum.

As for Yiannoupolis inciting the "public" ..... ANTIFA are not the "public".

Certainly can see which court you lean into. 

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #41 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:12am

Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:04am:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Grin Grin Amazing statement. The intolerance is squarely in the court of the lefty ANTIFA scum.

If ANTIFA hold an event then I have no problem with them being billed for the police protection either....You are entitled to support the taxpayer funding such events if you wish!!!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:34am

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:12am:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If ANTIFA hold an event then I have no problem with them being billed for the police protection either....You are entitled to support the taxpayer funding such events if you wish!!!

The protesters turning up wasn't an event.

They turned up at a venue uninvited to cause trouble like a vigilante group.

The taxpayer foots the bill for all Police Services in every state.

You don't bill or blame the victim.

That attitude is too prevalent in our society. 

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #43 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:51am

Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:34am:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:12am:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

Smiley Smiley Smiley

The protesters turning up wasn't an event.

They turned up at a venue uninvited to cause trouble like a vigilante group.

The taxpayer foots the bill for all Police Services in every state.

You don't bill or blame the victim.

That attitude is too prevalent in our society. 

There where two groups of agitators both left and right which was the whole purpose of the event (to stir up sh!t)....You are entitled to believe that taxpayers should foot the bill for such events if you wish....I have made my point!!!

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 9:06am

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:43pm:
[

Did you support us paying for the security detail for Yassmin, FD?

Since those who choose to speak get billed for any Police required outside the event then Yassmin should be given the bill for Police if people turn up to protest.

This will result in only the wealthy being able to exercise free speech is this the type of society you want?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print