Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Milo and promoters billed for police protection (Read 12395 times)
Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Milo and promoters billed for police protection
Reply #165 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:51pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Lionel Edriess wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
" ..... xcellent write up of Monday's events. I was there, and stayed for the African Muslim riot afterwards. No mention of that in the MSM. 200 African savages pelting innocent bystanders and police with bricks and bottles for two hours, yet nobody seems to be reporting this fact. The useless police looked on as several innocent people were beaten up by a rampaging mob, while Assistant (Police) Commissioner Stephen Leane actually had the nerve to blame "right-wing" protesters, Milo Yiannopoulos and the organisers of the event while defending the African mob who perpetrated the entire debacle.  ..... "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdo0suxkKs

But of course.

The gollywogs did it.

If you can't do your own research, don't blame me if something turns up that sticks in your craw.

The "gollywogs" turned up after the event, as they are wont to do, because all that lefty screaming had awakened the tribe.

If you pay close attention to the videos posted, you'll also notice the burqas and the union thugs.

What a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:56pm

That's the 1st I've heard about these African thugs chucking bricks at the police. The media certainly white washed that one. That's why the mass media means nothing to me. It's a joke.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 5:16pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Lionel Edriess wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
" ..... xcellent write up of Monday's events. I was there, and stayed for the African Muslim riot afterwards. No mention of that in the MSM. 200 African savages pelting innocent bystanders and police with bricks and bottles for two hours, yet nobody seems to be reporting this fact. The useless police looked on as several innocent people were beaten up by a rampaging mob, while Assistant (Police) Commissioner Stephen Leane actually had the nerve to blame "right-wing" protesters, Milo Yiannopoulos and the organisers of the event while defending the African mob who perpetrated the entire debacle.  ..... "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtdo0suxkKs

But of course.

The gollywogs did it.

If you can't do your own research, don't blame me if something turns up that sticks in your craw.

The "gollywogs" turned up after the event, as they are wont to do, because all that lefty screaming had awakened the tribe.

If you pay close attention to the videos posted, you'll also notice the burqas and the union thugs.

What a lovely bunch of coconuts.

I haven't seen videos of any darkies, Lionel. I'm not saying your account didn't happen. I am saying I've seen no statement by the Victorian police that blames right wing protesters. The only statement I've seen blames violent clashes between various groups. In some footage, you can see the police forming a line between them.

I noticed niqabs. Muslims were there to protest Milo's recent call for Australian Muslims to move to the Middle East.

Why anyone would protest a dumb, attention-seeing kid, I'm not sure. People are legitimately worried about the rise of racism. We've spent a good 50 years rallying against racism, and here it is again. We don't want it here. If silly foreign journalists want to come here and lecture us, they can show us all some respect.

Milo sees his voice as a call to arms, and he loves this image of himself. He relishes it. By all accounts, his actual lecture was dull - full of walk-outs. All the action happened outside, which is the role he likes to play.

He won't pay the bill, and the cops know it. They're just rightfully annoyed at some foreigner coming here to stir up racial violence, and they're making a point.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 5:22pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:56pm:
That's the 1st I've heard about these African thugs chucking bricks at the police. The media certainly white washed that one. That's why the mass media means nothing to me. It's a joke.

That's why unverified rumours mean so much to you, Homo.

They're a joke too.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #169 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 7:19pm

from this, milo seems ok

he is continusly interrupted, outnumbered, they change topics all the time.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #170 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 7:33pm

hahahhaha - he is ALL over the lefty sunrise

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #171 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 12:24am

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:19pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Quote:
Quote:
Is that a "no, but yes"? He can avoid it quite easily. I doubt he will be paying the bill.

So now you condone breaking the laws you don't agree with???

No Phil. Do try to keep up. Let's try again for a straight answer.

Do you support holding Milo and his associates financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead? Did you simply lie about them not liaising with police to try to justify your "yeah but nah" answer?

Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

1. No....I hold the promoters responsible for obviously not liaising with police or taking reasonable steps to avoid the violence that they would have or should have known was inevitable....The promoters did nothing to address the civil unrest their event would cause so I think they should pay for their actions....I know you will not be satisfied with this answer because what you fail to understand is the fact protesting is not against the law!!!

2. No....However you cannot avoid the cost of security when you hold an event that you know will court protesters....It is not illegal to protest so I fail to see what all your ranting about violence to shut down free speech is about....The protest is about free speech and the democratic right to voice your opposition....Milo's event was not shut down it was just very poorly organised!!!

Quote:
It’s standard procedure for police to bill organisers at commercial events, where their presence is required, from pop concerts to sporting events.

Now how about you give me a straight answer instead of using weasel words....

Quote:
What do you propose FD....We ban free speech and prevent people protesting???

Huh Huh Huh

What is a reasonable step Phil? Cancelling the talk? Or not telling lies about them failing to coordinate with the police?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #172 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 1:47am

freediver wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 12:24am:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:19pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Quote:
Quote:
Is that a "no, but yes"? He can avoid it quite easily. I doubt he will be paying the bill.

So now you condone breaking the laws you don't agree with???

No Phil. Do try to keep up. Let's try again for a straight answer.

Do you support holding Milo and his associates financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead? Did you simply lie about them not liaising with police to try to justify your "yeah but nah" answer?

Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

1. No....I hold the promoters responsible for obviously not liaising with police or taking reasonable steps to avoid the violence that they would have or should have known was inevitable....The promoters did nothing to address the civil unrest their event would cause so I think they should pay for their actions....I know you will not be satisfied with this answer because what you fail to understand is the fact protesting is not against the law!!!

2. No....However you cannot avoid the cost of security when you hold an event that you know will court protesters....It is not illegal to protest so I fail to see what all your ranting about violence to shut down free speech is about....The protest is about free speech and the democratic right to voice your opposition....Milo's event was not shut down it was just very poorly organised!!!

Quote:
It’s standard procedure for police to bill organisers at commercial events, where their presence is required, from pop concerts to sporting events.

Now how about you give me a straight answer instead of using weasel words....

Quote:
What do you propose FD....We ban free speech and prevent people protesting???

Huh Huh Huh

What is a reasonable step Phil? Cancelling the talk? Or not telling lies about them failing to coordinate with the police?

No answer hey....Yet you demand them from me???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I was wrong about the promoters not liaising with police....It is now a case of who is telling the truth....If the promoters are telling the truth then they should not be charged additional costs or be held responsible for any additional resources required to secure the event....It now sounds like the police underestimated the response required and are now reneging on the deal....The fact it is an ALP Government in Victoria might have something to do with it???

Quote:
Mr Costas said the only police who mentioned a user-pays system were in NSW before the event in Redfern.

Under Victoria Police's Fees and Charges Regulations act police have the right to charge any event organiser for the use of police resources.

Victoria Police would not comment on Mr Costa's claims the User Pay service was never discussed.

"Victoria Police does not disclose the cost of engaging our services, or the private discussions held as part of the arrangements," spokeswoman Leonie Johnson said.

Fairfax Media understands officers at Redfern station did mention user pay in its meetings with the security team.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/milo-yiannopoulos-tour-organiser-wont-pay-50k-...

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2017 at 2:02am by philperth2010 »  

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 7:05am

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:25pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 12:49pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 7:35am:
freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:25pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:57pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:24pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:25pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
The OP makes it sound like Milo cannot be forced to pay the bill, and I do not think he should. We need harsher penalties for people using violence to achieve censorship.

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:21am:
I agree....If you hold an event that needs police protection then you should be charged for that protection or take measures to ensure public safety for all concerned....Protesting is not illegal in Australia!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you in favour of allowing groups like antifa to silence these speakers by making it too expensive for them and their supporters to gather anywhere? Is that really the sort of society you want?

I would be happy if the police arrested the trouble makers (both sides) and charged them with an offence so Milo or anyone else can sue them for the cost of security....If you don't need security you don't have to pay for it!!!

Huh Huh Huh

Why should Milo have to chase them up? Most of the antifa mob are dole bludgers anyway.

Are you saying you are in favour of antifa being able to shut people like Milo down by making it too expensive for them to express their opinion, so long as there is a theoretical possibility of them recovering some of the money?

Or have you simply not thought it through?

I will put it this way....

Milo thinks he is a rock star....If you have Rock concert you must provide security....Milo's concert needed 350 police in riot gear to keep him alive....If Milo and other celebrities who are in a similar position sue these organisations and individuals for the cost of the security then some of these dickheads would think twice about causing trouble....Otherwise you pay the price regardless???

Huh Huh Huh

When was the last time a rock concert needed hundreds of police to protect from people trying to stop the concert?

How are you making a different point? Milo paid for the security inside the premises. He should not have to pay for the police to round up violent antifa morons out on the street.

How is this any different from you promoting the idea that people should be able to use violence and threats of violence to shut down a speaking engagement, by holding the speaker financially accountable for the moronic actions of the opposition crowd out on the street? Are you just going to find another way to say the same stupid thing?

Is this what you actually support Phil? Using violence to shut down free speech? Or are you more the "reject reality and replace it with my own" type?

Promoters have to factor in the cost of security before bringing in dickheads who incite the public....WTF should my taxpayer dollars pay for any cretin to spew crap from any political persuasion....Good on the Victorian police for letting these promoters know there is a price for intollerance!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Your tax dollars are being spent on protecting people and property outside the venue from the moronic antifa mob.

Are you having trouble giving a straight answer because you know you are on the wrong side of this one Phil? Let's try again. Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down hate speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

Do you support holding Milo financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead?

I have made my point....When promoters schedule these events the cost of police protection should be factored in....Right, left, black or white I do not care....Why should taxpayers pay for any dickheads to spew their hatred....Otherwise let both sides go at it and pick up the bodies when it's all done and dusted....The very reason for Milo coming here was to stir up sh!t....Let him pay for it IMO!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Were Police required outside the venue for the Islamic Peace Conference(a complete oxymoron) in Melbourne last March?

A venue that had speakers or questionable association and known to be of extremist views.

The flyers for which blanked out the faces of any listed female speakers.

And you talk that Milo was solely here to cause/stir up shyte.

What bullshyte.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #174 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 8:12am

I would expect the "user pays" system only ever applies to large events where the police are required to act like bouncers to manage paying customers. I doubt they ever get anyone to pay for the cost of a protest organised by some other group in opposition to their event. Not sure why the police announced to everyone that they are sending a bill that will not get paid. Perhaps it was a political correctness stunt, but it sends entirely the wrong message.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Dec 10th, 2017 at 3:29pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 5:22pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:56pm:

That's why unverified rumours mean so much to you, Homo.

They're a joke too.

It took a while ....................

But if you pay attention - "gollywogs" are apparent.

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print