Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Milo and promoters billed for police protection (Read 12493 times)
philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Milo and promoters billed for police protection
Reply #135 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:35pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:02pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 11:12am:
freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 9:05am:
Hey Phil, why can't you give a straight answer? Obviously people want to know whether you actually believe the crap you have been posting.

1. Do you support holding Milo financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead?

2. Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

1. No....I hold the promoters responsible for obviously not liaising with police or taking reasonable steps to avoid the violence that they would have or should have known was inevitable....The promoters did nothing to address the civil unrest their event would cause so I think they should pay for their actions....I know you will not be satisfied with this answer because what you fail to understand is the fact protesting is not against the law!!!

2. No....However you cannot avoid the cost of security when you hold an event that you know will court protesters....It is not illegal to protest so I fail to see what all your ranting about violence to shut down free speech is about....The protest is about free speech and the democratic right to voice your opposition....Milo's event was not shut down it was just very poorly organised!!!

So what you're saying is we should expect violent protests from lefties when people have private speaking functions that don't kowtow to leftist lunacy.

Do we have to expect leftists are incapable of peaceful protests and violence is the reality with leftist protestors?

Yes....We should expect violent protests when events provoke left or right extremism....That is the whole point....Why only condemn one side for protesting....Do the right only protest peacefully....Or would you just ban left wing protesters???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #136 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:37pm

Quote:
Yes....We should expect violent protests when events provoke left or right extremism....That is the whole point....Why only condemn one side for protesting....Do the right only protest peacefully....Or would you just ban left wing protesters???

It really is quite simple. Police it properly so that free speech can continue unabated. And don't try to charge the people you disagree with for the cost of managing their critics.

Oh, and stop telling blatant lies about 'not liaising with police'.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #137 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:04pm

freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:29pm:
Quote:
No....I hold the promoters responsible for obviously not liaising with police

Obviously? You just made this up, didn't you?

I used reason which one cannot understand that one does not posses!!!

Quote:
or taking reasonable steps to avoid the violence that they would have or should have known was inevitable

The police were there. The violence happened right in front of the police. What more could they have done?

Not the police, the promoters who did nothing to avoid conflict or provide security!!!

Quote:
The promoters did nothing to address the civil unrest their event would cause so I think they should pay for their actions....I know you will not be satisfied with this answer because what you fail to understand is the fact protesting is not against the law!!!

Throwing bricks at the police is against the law. If they had protested peacefully, the police would not have been necessary. But they are incapable of doing so.

The police know there will be protesters and counter protesters at these events which is why they where there....Do you believe the promoters where not aware of the prospect of violence???

Quote:
No....However you cannot avoid the cost of security when you hold an event that you know will court protesters....

Is that a "no, but yes"? He can avoid it quite easily. I doubt he will be paying the bill.

So now you condone breaking the laws you don't agree with???

Quote:
The protest is about free speech and the democratic right to voice your opposition

Is that what throwing bricks at police and trying to stop Milo's talk is about? Free speech?

His even still went ahead....The violence is why the police where there....Why don't you also condemn the 50 right wing protesters who where trying to shut down the left wing protesters....Is it only one group you afford the right of free speech???

Quote:
Milo's event was not shut down it was just very poorly organised!!!

It was very well organised. They went to the extraordinary step of not telling the patrons where the event was.

Yet the riot police and media where there along with 350+ protesters....If by well organised you mean the promoters and Milo got the media exposure they wanted you might be right correct for once???

Quote:
What do you propose FD....We ban free speech and prevent people protesting???

That we do not charge Milo the cost of the police management of the moronic antifa mob.

Quote:
It’s standard procedure for police to bill organisers at commercial events, where their presence is required, from pop concerts to sporting events.

http://www.businessinsider.com/australian-state-sent-milo-yiannopoulos-50000-bil...

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #138 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:10pm

Quote:
Quote:
Is that a "no, but yes"? He can avoid it quite easily. I doubt he will be paying the bill.

No Phil. Do try to keep up. Let's try again for a straight answer.

Do you support holding Milo and his associates financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead? Did you simply lie about them not liaising with police to try to justify your "yeah but nah" answer?

Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:12pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
I was wondering if somebody could download is youtube url link. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/kSGCRNeHTNs

Good on you for providing proof.

But I still don't buy it. Why would a whitey yell death to whiteys? He's being ironic, or, more likely -

Check out the pause before whiteys and the hand over his mouth. Someone probably dubbed it in for a silly headline. It's designed to get honkies like you and FD frothing at the mouth, as you love to do.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #140 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:12pm

freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you support holding Milo and his associates financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead? Did you simply lie about them not liaising with police to try to justify your "yeah but nah" answer?

Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

I want promoters to provide security for their events!!!

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:14pm

And not just any old jellyfish, a Portuguese Man of War.

Quote:
Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #142 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:14pm

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:12pm:
Quote:
Quote:

I want promoters to provide security for their events!!!

Earth to Phil - they did provide security for their event. Just not for the moron event on the street outside, which was organised by a different group. Let's try again for a straight answer eh?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:17pm

freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Quote:

It really is quite simple. Police it properly so that free speech can continue unabated. And don't try to charge the people you disagree with for the cost of managing their critics.

Oh, and stop telling blatant lies about 'not liaising with police'.

How about neo-Nazi rallies?

Oh, I forgot. You won't say.

Let's try again for a straight answer, eh?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #144 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:19pm

Quote:
Quote:

1. No....I hold the promoters responsible for obviously not liaising with police or taking reasonable steps to avoid the violence that they would have or should have known was inevitable....The promoters did nothing to address the civil unrest their event would cause so I think they should pay for their actions....I know you will not be satisfied with this answer because what you fail to understand is the fact protesting is not against the law!!!

2. No....However you cannot avoid the cost of security when you hold an event that you know will court protesters....It is not illegal to protest so I fail to see what all your ranting about violence to shut down free speech is about....The protest is about free speech and the democratic right to voice your opposition....Milo's event was not shut down it was just very poorly organised!!!

Quote:
It’s standard procedure for police to bill organisers at commercial events, where their presence is required, from pop concerts to sporting events.

Now how about you give me a straight answer instead of using weasel words....

Quote:
What do you propose FD....We ban free speech and prevent people protesting???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 3:13pm

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:35pm:
Hey Phil, why can't you give a straight answer? Obviously people want to know whether you actually believe the crap you have been posting.

1. Do you support holding Milo financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead?

2. Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

So what you're saying is we should expect violent protests from lefties when people have private speaking functions that don't kowtow to leftist lunacy.

Do we have to expect leftists are incapable of peaceful protests and violence is the reality with leftist protestors?

Huh Huh Huh

There were 500 leftist lunatics violently protesting against Milo vs 50 people supporting free speech it's pretty clear the lefties were causing all the trouble.

If lefties want to speak about anything I disagree with then I can riot and trash the joint so the lefties can be billed for it, nice to know you're cool with this.  Wink

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 3:28pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 3:13pm:

Huh Huh Huh

There were 500 leftist lunatics violently protesting against Milo vs 50 people supporting free speech it's pretty clear the lefties were causing all the trouble.

Why lie?

The lefties were doing nothing at all, except silently protesting.

The hired right-wing extremists then came in and started getting violent.

This is clearly shown on all video footage.

Moreover, this is the way it always goes down.

The rightards just can't express themselves without using violence.

It's pathetic to watch, and even more pathetic that others condone the right-wing violence.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 3:44pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 3:13pm:

Huh Huh Huh

If lefties want to speak about anything I disagree with then I can riot and trash the joint so the lefties can be billed for it, nice to know you're cool with this.  Wink

You do that already, Baron, but I'm curious. What do you mean by "violently protesting"?

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 3:59pm

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:20pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 3:59pm:

The Socialist Alternative are one of the dumber movements in town. And here you have knuckleads in Making Amerika Great Again caps begging for a blue.

Who's more stupid - the Socialist Alternative or Australian Trump supporters?
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:40pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print