Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print
Milo and promoters billed for police protection (Read 12380 times)
philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Milo and promoters billed for police protection
Reply #120 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:38pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:08pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:00pm:
Gordon wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 9:55pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 9:47pm:
Freediver wrote....
Quote:
Do you support holding Milo financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead?

No....The Victorian police are....My solution was for Milo to sue the dickheads....Either way I do not believe taxpayers should have to pay for it....Everyone knew there was going to be trouble as there where 350 riot police there and the media....A very successful advertising promotion for Milo in his line of work???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Milo should be charged a capped amount comensurat with what's required to crowd control the number of people attending his event.  That's fair. The cost to control the protesters unfortunately needs to be carried by taxpayers.

He had his own security for his event. The police were there for the idiot antifa mob out on the street.

Now now, FD, no one has the right to not be offended.

Does this fact comfort you?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Did Lakemba mosque get a bill for about 20 million for the Lindt Cafe siege?  Why not?

The siege was not at Lakemba mosque and they had no foreknowledge of the event!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #121 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 9:05am

Hey Phil, why can't you give a straight answer? Obviously people want to know whether you actually believe the crap you have been posting.

Do you support holding Milo financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead?

Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #122 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 11:12am

freediver wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 9:05am:
Hey Phil, why can't you give a straight answer? Obviously people want to know whether you actually believe the crap you have been posting.

1. Do you support holding Milo financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead?

2. Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

1. No....I hold the promoters responsible for obviously not liaising with police or taking reasonable steps to avoid the violence that they would have or should have known was inevitable....The promoters did nothing to address the civil unrest their event would cause so I think they should pay for their actions....I know you will not be satisfied with this answer because what you fail to understand is the fact protesting is not against the law!!!

2. No....However you cannot avoid the cost of security when you hold an event that you know will court protesters....It is not illegal to protest so I fail to see what all your ranting about violence to shut down free speech is about....The protest is about free speech and the democratic right to voice your opposition....Milo's event was not shut down it was just very poorly organised!!!

What do you propose FD....We ban free speech and prevent people protesting???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:51pm

The sound a jellyfish makes.

Hey Phil, why can't you give a straight answer?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:02pm

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 11:12am:

1. Do you support holding Milo financially accountable for the moronic actions of the imbeciles trying to prevent his talks from going ahead?

2. Do you support the use of violence and threats of violence to shut down free speech, by making it too expensive to express controversial opinions?

1. No....I hold the promoters responsible for obviously not liaising with police or taking reasonable steps to avoid the violence that they would have or should have known was inevitable....The promoters did nothing to address the civil unrest their event would cause so I think they should pay for their actions....I know you will not be satisfied with this answer because what you fail to understand is the fact protesting is not against the law!!!

2. No....However you cannot avoid the cost of security when you hold an event that you know will court protesters....It is not illegal to protest so I fail to see what all your ranting about violence to shut down free speech is about....The protest is about free speech and the democratic right to voice your opposition....Milo's event was not shut down it was just very poorly organised!!!

So what you're saying is we should expect violent protests from lefties when people have private speaking functions that don't kowtow to leftist lunacy.

Do we have to expect leftists are incapable of peaceful protests and violence is the reality with leftist protestors?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:10pm

There were no violent protests, Baron. There were protests, with a clash between a group of ferals and a group of Nazis. 5 were arrested.

Do you think we should stop legal protests if Nazis turn up for a bit of biffo?

Why or why not?

FD won't say.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:14pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:10pm:
There were no violent protests, Baron. There were protests, with a clash between a group of ferals.... 5 were arrested. 

feral lefties?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-05/protesters-arrested-at-milo-yiannopolous-s...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:14pm

There were no violent protests, Baron. There were protests, with a clash between a group of ferals and a group of Nazis. 5 were arrested.

Why or why not?

FD won't say.

Why do you say it was the Nazis who turned up for a fight babe?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:16pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:14pm:
There were no violent protests, Baron. There were protests, with a clash between a group of ferals.... 5 were arrested. 

There were 12 police injured by these feral lefties.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-05/protesters-arrested-at-milo-yiannopolous-s...

And skinheads. I've already posted that article. This was a sideline brawl, not a protest.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:18pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:14pm:

Why or why not?

FD won't say.

Because they were there. They were arrested for a fight babe.

Haven't you read Baron and moi's article?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:18pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:16pm:

And skinheads. I've already posted that article. This was a sideline brawl, not a protest.

There's film of a ANTIFA maggot yelling out "death to whities" babe? Isn't that racist?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:19pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:18pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:14pm:

Why or why not?

FD won't say.

Because they were there. They were arrested for a fight babe.

Haven't you read Baron and moi's article?

So are you saying it was all one sided?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:20pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:18pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:16pm:

There's film of a ANTIFA maggot yelling out "death to whities" babe? Isn't that racist?

You haven't read the article yet, Homo.

I don't believe you about your video.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:24pm

I was wondering if somebody could download is youtube url link. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/kSGCRNeHTNs

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #134 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:29pm

Quote:
No....I hold the promoters responsible for obviously not liaising with police

Obviously? You just made this up, didn't you?

Quote:
or taking reasonable steps to avoid the violence that they would have or should have known was inevitable

The police were there. The violence happened right in front of the police. What more could they have done?

Quote:
The promoters did nothing to address the civil unrest their event would cause so I think they should pay for their actions....I know you will not be satisfied with this answer because what you fail to understand is the fact protesting is not against the law!!!

Throwing bricks at the police is against the law. If they had protested peacefully, the police would not have been necessary. But they are incapable of doing so.

Quote:
No....However you cannot avoid the cost of security when you hold an event that you know will court protesters....

Is that a "no, but yes"? He can avoid it quite easily. I doubt he will be paying the bill.

Quote:
The protest is about free speech and the democratic right to voice your opposition

Is that what throwing bricks at police and trying to stop Milo's talk is about? Free speech?

Quote:
Milo's event was not shut down it was just very poorly organised!!!

It was very well organised. They went to the extraordinary step of not telling the patrons where the event was.

Quote:
What do you propose FD....We ban free speech and prevent people protesting???

That we do not charge Milo the cost of the police management of the moronic antifa mob.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print