Send Topic Print
Any new food fads? (Read 957 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Any new food fads?
Dec 6th, 2017 at 2:39pm

I have two.
One is, for no reason, I started eating a handful of pitted dates every day. I checked it out on Google and it seems they have all kinds of health benefits

The other one is, shopping at Aldi, I picked up this non-frozen pizza, brand name World KKitchen
Really nice and lunch in 12 minutes.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Any new food fads?
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 2:57pm

Potato diet. When you cook spuds and let them cool it changes the fibre structure so that it stays in tact thru most of the digestion system which feeds the beneficial bacteria.
Cooling and reheating several times further improves the fibre structure.

The diet itself, apparently spuds have everything you need for even a medium term diet, like a few months at a time and the logic is if you only eat spuds, as many as you want, you will self regulate your caloric intake as you only eat what you need. Also spuds are very good at satisfying your appetite.

I don't need anything so severe but I've tried what they call spuds by day. Spud for brekky and one for lunch.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 3:05pm

A handful of dates would have a load of sugar an calories, make sure you factor it in.

I don't think it's a new fad but I'm addicted to kimchi and have it once a day, stinky yummy healthy bacteria laden goodness!!

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 5:23pm

I dont do healthy.

so what else is there??>. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:55am

Gordon wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
A handful of dates would have a load of sugar an calories, make sure you factor it in.!

I don't eat much sugar overall. Hardly any junk food or processed food which is biggest source of sugar.
Check out dates for health values.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #5 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:00am

I subscribe to the theory that a little of  what you love is good for you- so yeah I'm living high on the hog in 2018- no more disgustingly healthy and tasteless crap for me- will only eat that stuff in moderation now- but it is a shame that I happen to like healthy food so I hope I stay the course- might even try to like kale- getting rid of sugar !!!

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #6 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 3:13pm

My current food fad is sugar coated/French vanilla/Vienna almonds or whatever you wish to call them.

Since Woolies and Coles have stopped selling them I can only get them at Aldi.   GO ALDI for that!!

I can, of course, buy them in the local nut shop but at $40 kg plus I tend to bypass them.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:01pm

What about eating nothing but homosexual wedding cake?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #8 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 5:49pm

I love smoke house almonds and I do love sugar coated peanuts- very nice with a nice Cianti or light beer( the almonds of course)

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print