Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Domestic Violence is NOT condoned in The Bible (Read 9611 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Domestic Violence is NOT condoned in The Bible
Reply #45 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:43pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:36pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 10:44pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
Unlike the Koran, there are no verses in the Bible that may be read as overtly condoning domestic abuse.

Discuss.

Please note....in the Koran,  men are commanded to beat their wives.

That's OVERT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!

Anyone care to disagree?

Yeah, it's just good advice.

So Karnal.....you agree that domestic violence is being condoned by the Koran....and that it's good advice.

Okkkkay  Grin Grin Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #46 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:58pm

Have you ever been physically abused in a relationship Lisa Jones?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #47 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:08pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:58pm:
Have you ever been physically abused in a relationship Lisa Jones?

Duh!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:52pm

A fuller quote than what a poster here offered

Quote:
............ Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”...............

Ephesians 5:22 - 31

Wives, how would you feel about a husband who  'gave himself up for you to make you holy' ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #49 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 12:09am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:52pm:

Quote:
............ Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”...............

Wives, how would you feel about a husband who  'gave himself up for you to make you holy' ?

ANY HUSBAND WHO LOVES HIS WIFE ENOUGH TO DIE FOR HER IS A HERO AND AN ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN TO GIVE US GIRLS HOPE THAT THERE ARE DECENT GUYS OUT THERE WORTHY OF OUR LOVE AND TRUST.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #50 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:25am

There is no such thing as wife raping.
Ephesians 5:22-24 ESV / 154 helpful votes      

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Domestic violence is not only against women.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21
“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I've used this against my own son and we still laugh about it. It has broken many an impasse in an argument and let us be more rational. That is not the intention of the text though.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #51 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:30am

Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 12:09am:

Quote:

ANY HUSBAND WHO LOVES HIS WIFE ENOUGH TO DIE FOR HER IS A HERO AND AN ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN TO GIVE US GIRLS HOPE THAT THERE ARE DECENT GUYS OUT THERE WORTHY OF OUR LOVE AND TRUST.

Is that biblical Lisa?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #52 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:33am

Kill the unbelievers!

Stoning was the method of execution chosen by the unbelieving Jews who persecuted the early Christians. Stephen, the church’s first martyr, was stoned to death outside of Jerusalem by the Sanhedrin. On that occasion, a young man named Saul, who later became the apostle Paul, held the coats of those who cast the stones (Acts 7:54–60).

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #53 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:35am

Islam or Biblical? ISIS or Jews/Christianity?

Marrying a Captive Woman
10When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; 12Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; 13And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. 14And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #54 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:39am

Lisa, your religion is also a pox on mankind. Don't defend it. This crap will never stop until you all see the truth in what you defend in your "faiths".

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #55 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:53am

Setanta wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:30am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 12:09am:

Quote:

Is that biblical Lisa?

It is.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #56 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:55am

Setanta wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:35am:
Islam or Biblical? ISIS or Jews/Christianity?

Marrying a Captive Woman
10When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; 12Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; 13And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. 14And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

Duh!

Ancient Jewish law.

Definitely nothing to do with Christianity!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #57 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 8:58am

Setanta wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:33am:
Kill the unbelievers!

Stoning was the method of execution chosen by the unbelieving Jews who persecuted the early Christians. Stephen, the church’s first martyr, was stoned to death outside of Jerusalem by the Sanhedrin. On that occasion, a young man named Saul, who later became the apostle Paul, held the coats of those who cast the stones (Acts 7:54–60).

Christians were (and still are) persecuted by non Christians.

What's your point????

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #58 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 9:06am

Setanta wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 2:39am:
Lisa, your religion is also a pox on mankind. Don't defend it. This crap will never stop until you all see the truth in what you defend in your "faiths".

Religion is like politics....an abused and abusive man made construct.

You're confusing my faith in God and His Word.....with "religion".

IF you bothered to read The Bible...esp The New Testament ie from the time of Christ onwards......you will find that Jesus Christ himself abhorred religion.

Jesus had 1 word for the Jewish religious scholars and priests of His day.

That word was WOE!

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2017 at 9:12am by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 9:17am

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print