Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Berejiklian jumps the shark (Read 836 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Berejiklian jumps the shark
Dec 4th, 2017 at 10:28pm

Berejiklian proposes to spend over $2,000,000,000 of NSW taxpayers' money knocking down the Olympic Stadium and the Sydney Football stadium to rebuild them. Why?

This idea is so unpopular that some of her party's own MPs are speaking out against it.

Didn't she see what happened to the Liberals in WA?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Berejiklian jumps the shark
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 9:40pm

I'd like to know what happened to the money she promised for Regional NSW, we're still waiting for it here in the bush, nothings happening and doesn't look like it ever will. Outback NSW is fast becoming a museum of how it used to be in the 50s and 60s The government should start charging tourists who drive through the towns, a fee for viewing museum pieces

Narrow bumpy roads and some small towns still rely on rain water for their water supply. Shops are closing, investment is drying up. The Libs and Labs don't know what they're doing any more, nor do the Nationals, they're useless

Berejiklian will have to spend up big out here, or resign before the next election

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

oh dear
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:03pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 9:40pm:
I'd like to know what happened to the money she promised for Regional NSW, we're still waiting for it here in the bush, nothings happening and doesn't look like it ever will. Outback NSW is fast becoming a museum of how it used to be in the 50s and 60s The government should start charging tourists who drive through the towns, a fee for viewing museum pieces

Narrow bumpy roads and some small towns still rely on rain water for their water supply. Shops are closing, investment is drying up. The Libs and Labs don't know what they're doing any more, nor do the Nationals, they're useless

Berejiklian will have to spend up big out here, or resign before the next election

Who is your local MP I live in rural NSW there are plans for a regional freight hub that are expected to provide 5000 jobs next year. Get on the phone and give them a call tell them your not happy and no vote

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:30pm

oh dear wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
Who is your local MP I live in rural NSW there are plans for a regional freight hub that are expected to provide 5000 jobs next year. Get on the phone and give them a call tell them your not happy and no vote

A useless National party MP, extremely useless to residents outside big towns, and not much use to big towns either

Plans are just plans, the hub needs to build it, and to make sure it's not just for show

But that's only one project, where's all the others, where's the decent roads and water supplies that residents have been waiting for, for centuries

Local Councils' always lack funds to do anything, because the government won't invest in the bush

I know of one Council that was petitioned by residents to get a section of highway running by their village sealed and it took the council 20 years to get around to doing it

I paid $4000 in taxes and charges on a 6 year old secondhand vehicle I bought just recently, and it looks like that money is being spent in Sydney for rabbit warrens and tollways, meanwhile I'm driving on dirt stony roads prone to corrugating and flooding. Can't see our share of the GST being spent out here, not any motor vehicle tax, for me it's all just a con

My street is still dirt with no curb and guttering or storm water drains. The local garbage tip is just a hole in the ground, attracting feral cats, scavenging birds, flies and big fat goannas

She'll wanna watch out for One Nation, if they get their act together in NSW, they'll take a lot of votes away from the Libs and Nats

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print