Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Immigration (Read 22490 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immigration
Reply #150 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 9:39pm

While Ramaphosa condemns the land grabs as “illegal”, he is pushing ahead with a plan to return much white-held land to black ownership, without compensation. All that is needed to change the South African constitution — in this case, to remove the compensation clause — is the support of two-thirds of the parliament.

Ramaphosa’s African National Congress and the EFF have the numbers. Meetings will be held after Easter when Ramaphosa is expected to reveal further details of the expropriation scheme, which he vows will be “fair”.

White farmers — who now have a fourth problem, of old-school Afrikaner extremists hijacking the debate with their own separatist agenda, fouling the waters — are expecting the worst.

The question of whether farm attacks are “normal” crime or targeted race crime is the subject of much commentary. There is no question that more black people suffer more from crime in South Africa than whites — given their majority, that is not surprising.

However, there are only 30,000 commercial white farmers left in South Africa, down from 60,000 at the changeover from apartheid in the early 1990s. With 400 farm attacks last year, up tenfold from a decade ago, and between one and two farmers murdered every week, this cohort soars above the current annual national murder rate of 34 murders per 100,000.

The heavy toll, along with a tendency for attackers to linger on the scene to commit wilful atrocity, is why white farmers feel certain they are persecuted; and the reason Australian Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton sparked outrage and gratitude when he said he would consider humanitarian visas for them to apply to live in a “civilised” country.

Mostly, the farmers don’t want to come here but they appreciate that it has brought international attention to their plight.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/394c213e111f7a3e8527c4495943ac73?width=650
Mieke Heunis, 7, told the man who shot and killed her father Johann in front of her on the family’s chicken holding outside Pretoria last year that he could take her piggy bank if he would stop hurting her father. Mieke is now being treated with antidepressants. The property was surrounded by electric fences and thought to be safe.

“If I had to decide with my head,” says Gabriel Stols, “I would go to Australia for my children. But with my heart, I still want to stay. The reason is there is so much blood shed on this ground. My brother’s blood is on the ground. To leave, then his life will mean nothing.

“I want a future for my children. I’m scared for myself, my children and my wife. It is being said on national TV that they’re not calling for the slaughter of white people ‘yet’.”

Leon Kellermann, SC, of the South African bar, lives on a small holding outside Pretoria. It was a functioning egg-production farm but it became too dangerous for him and his black workers to guard from attack as they shifted produce and cash on the roads.

South Africa, says Kellermann, is teetering. “The courts are still functioning here, there is rule of law,” he says, citing the refusal of the judiciary to dismiss corruption charges against the previous president, Jacob Zuma. “But the rest of the organisations are in turmoil. If it wasn’t for the courts, we would be a pariah state.”

Kellermann, like most South Africans, plans his days around survival. It means changing the time he leaves home and work each day so observers don’t clock his patterns.

“I’ve got eight-foot walls, electric fencing, dogs inside my home,” he says. “I’ve got cottage windows to make access difficult. Going upstairs to my bedroom, I have a built-in gate which I close myself in at night and, of course, alarms. Every day, without fail, I check the perimeter for what we call ‘battle signs’.

“I know the local population and I know who’s who. I grew up with them. I know who’s new.”

This barrister, who by day writes opinions in well-appointed chambers, always has protection at hand. “I’ve got a shotgun and a 9mm that I carry,” he says. “You have to be prepared to use it.” https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/inquirer/six-hours-of-torture-for-the-keys...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 9:06pm

The dickheaddles have gone quite. Winnie is dead, they must be mourning.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #152 - Apr 6th, 2018 at 8:31am

Perhaps they are worried about being fitted for one of her necklaces? Cool

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 7:44pm

Arab or Hispanic, legal or illegal, in North America or in Europe, the last 45 years have marked the emergence of a new kind of immigrant. He isn’t new to history, but he’s quite unlike the customary refugee, exile, asylum-seeker, settler or pioneer.

The new immigrant demands an unearned share of the security and wealth of the developed countries. The new immigrant is an invader.

The invader-immigrant appears in times of fundamental population shifts, the great migrations of history. Such migrations occur from time to time. They did, for instance, between the 3rd and the 5th centuries. Just as the invader-migrants of other historic periods could be of any tribe — Hun, Gepid, Lombard, Avar, to name a few — the invader-migrants of our times may be Asian, Levantine or Caucasian. They may be Muslim, Sihk, Christian or anything else. Invasion as a concept isn’t race- or religion-specific, though it’s usually tied to specific groups and cultures at specific points in time.

With more Syrians en route, Sweden struggles to maintain identity as country where refugees are welcome
Whatever their background, the new kind of immigrant doesn’t simply compete with the host population for economic opportunity and space (which can be shared) but for identity, which cannot. Immigrants can and do create jobs, but can’t create identities for the host population, only compete for the existing identity of a nation.

This makes certain “small” matters, often dismissed as merely symbolic — permitting turbans on construction sites, say, or ceremonial daggers in schools — actually more important than ostensibly hard-nosed economic issues. A flag — a piece of fabric on a stick — is just a symbol, but a demonstration in America conducted under an American flag is materially different from one conducted under the flag of Mexico. The first is a country trying to share a problem; the second, a problem trying to share a country.

In 1989, 12,000 East German refugees managed to get into Hungary as “tourists,” through what was then communist Czechoslovakia. The reform-communist government of Hungary, after some hesitation, allowed them to escape to what was then West Germany. It was a fine gesture. Still, as I wrote at the time, while 12,000 East Germans could escape to the West, the whole of East Germany couldn’t transfer to West Germany. It simply couldn’t be done.

Emigration is never a solution. A few thousand or maybe even a few million Muslim refugees can be accommodated in Europe, Canada or in the United States. But ultimately, the whole of the Middle East cannot come to the West. It doesn’t matter whether refugees are “political,” “economic” or a mixture of both. It doesn’t matter whether they’re fleeing communism, theocracy or poverty. It doesn’t matter whether they’re escaping Marxist dictators, tin-pot generals, ayatollahs or ISIL.

It’s not a question of selfishness or racism. It’s just a physical impossibility
The whole of the miserable, mismanaged, tyrannized and overpopulated world cannot transfer to a handful of civilized and prosperous countries in Western Europe or North America. It’s not a question of selfishness or racism. It’s just a physical impossibility.

Accepting refugees for humanitarian reasons is a Band-Aid solution — it’s fine, just as Band-Aids are fine. But only a charlatan would offer a Band-Aid as a substitute for open-heart surgery.
http://nationalpost.com/opinion/george-jonas-our-band-aid-solution-to-the-refuge...

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 9:43am

In Reel Bad Arabs, the late professor Jack Sheehan conducted a comprehensive and damning study of the representation of Arabs in Hollywood. Analysing more than 1,000 depictions of Arab fictional screen characters, he found Arabs were routinely portrayed as “heartless, brutal, uncivilized, religious fanatics through common depictions of Arabs kidnapping or raping a fair maiden; expressing hatred ... and demonstrating a love for wealth and power.” Sound familiar?

Only 5% of Arab film roles – 12 characters in total – portrayed Arabs as “normal, human characters.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/20/what-a-surprise-that-two-a...

Reputation.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #155 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 7:51pm

Frank wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:18pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:05pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, your Racist beliefs are on show again, Soren.   I wonder how do you determine if a culture is superior or inferior?  Do you have a culture meter?  Does it have a green zone and a red zone on it, just to make things easier for you?

Indeed it exists and it does.

It's devised by the UN.  There would be others as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

*mic drop* BOOM!

Anyway, we are just sick of the cultures that come into our society that sponge off the Australian taxpayer for much of their lives, breed more welfare dependant foreigners (since they don't want to integrate into Australian lives) and do nothing to help our society excel.

But that is mainly the refugees. Migrants, though, are not too bad. We just need to cut back the immigration numbers just to give our society time to breathe a bit. Let the housing bubble deflate a bit and let the banks get paid back their loans on a more modest level.

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:09pm

While Ramaphosa condemns the land grabs as “illegal”, he is pushing ahead with a plan to return much white-held land to black ownership, without compensation. All that is needed to change the South African constitution — in this case, to remove the compensation clause — is the support of two-thirds of the parliament.

Actually Frank, no constitutional change is required ,,,,if they decide fair compensation is zero.

And they will.

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:12pm

Anyway, we are just sick of the cultures that come into our society that sponge off the Australian taxpayer for much of their lives, breed more welfare dependant foreigners (since they don't want to integrate into Australian lives) and do nothing to help our society excel.

But that is mainly the refugees. Migrants, though, are not too bad. We just need to cut back the immigration numbers just to give our society time to breathe a bit. Let the housing bubble deflate a bit and let the banks get paid back their loans on a more modest level.

Fair call USR,,, the numpty professionally offended, virtue signallers and going to say you are racist however.

I think you can handle that.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:23pm

miketrees wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:09pm:

Actually Frank, no constitutional change is required ,,,,if they decide fair compensation is zero.

And they will.

This is why Africa  - and remote aboriginal Australia - are shithole 60 years after black rule/self-determination was instituted. Black rule simply means the reverting to pre-modern tribal bastardry on the taxpayer's dime.

In the name of 'native culture' of course. It is the same everywhere. Re-asserting native 'values' in 2018 just leads to ruin because 2018 is NOT 40,000 BC.
But when the primitives have tax payer funding - who is to stop them? Keep the money coming in fort Toyotas and welfare and they will beat the shite out of their women and children and let their young run amok, drugged and promiscuous  and have VD coz they are 'free' and communing with the land and singing to it.

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:29pm

This is why Africa  - and remote aboriginal Australia - are shithole 60 years after black rule/self-determination was instituted. Black rule simply means the reverting to pre-modern tribal bastardry on the taxpayer's dime.

Interesting.

What do you think of the pre civilised Might is right"

When China no longer has to fear the US and the west,, they can just walk into Australia and take over,,,, all to protect their legitimate investments here of course.

I dont think we are that far away from this.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #160 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 2:11am

miketrees wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:12pm:
Fair call USR,,, the numpty professionally offended, virtue signallers and going to say you are racist however.

I think you can handle that.

These days, anyone that calls me a "racist" gets a response of "thank you". Many years ago (over 20 years ago when I was in my late 20s), I recall someone using that strategy against some "xenophobe censor". The reaction they got from getting thanked was a blank stare and then a couple blinks of disbelief. Someone attended a Pauline Hanson meeting. Some proto-social justice warrior of the late-1990s went up in the face of the attendee and called the man a "racist". The attendee just gave him a challenge with "Why am I a racist?". He then reported that the accuser went to water and backed down without giving an answer.

Some people are just plain determined to go along with whatever the flavour of the month on social issues is current. The crowd of protesters that went to the hall in Rockhampton to chant were so blinkered in their ideology that they were oblivious to the people in the world that were not concerned either way with being triggered by racial issues. I almost ran a few protesters over doing deliveries back in 1997. They just stepped out in front of traffic, more concerned about where they were headed, rather than the journey they took to get there. And I think that is the main problem we had back then. Too busy being obnoxious. Not concerned about how they present their message.

If the politicians need to optimise the immigration so that we get more migrants or less, it should not matter how people see them as racist or not. We should be concerned about developing our society and economy for what is best for our people.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 8:52pm

I think, frankly, the more productive debate is around who we’re bringing in, whether or not they’re the right people, are they integrating? Are they working hard, paying taxes? And nobody begrudges that."
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/peter-dutton-immig...

ie - skilled, English speaking, culturally compatible migrants.  Those who want and can integrate.

Far roo many 'skilled' migrants can't get proper skilled jobs because they can't speak English well enough and they are not integrated well enough. SO they man petrol stations and trolley bays and so forth.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print