Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Immigration (Read 22369 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immigration
Reply #135 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:14am

As you can see, the old boy's finally assimilating.

Good show, old chap. It may not happen overnight, but it will happen, ja?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #136 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 11:41am

Amazing how Mr. Murray (and by extension, Soren) ignores that mercy was a driving force for the influx of migrants over the last few years to Germany.   Tsk, tsk, they'd prefer to see Syrians and others killed than allow them a safe place to live.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #137 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 12:54pm

Frank wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:19pm:
SEPTEMBER 2013 ESSAYS
Christos Tsiolkas
Why Australia hates asylum seekers

https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2013/september/1377957600/christos-tsiolkas/...

The reality is that there isn’t “one nation” that makes up Australia, only competing notions of “nationhood”. There is the cosmopolitan, educated nation of the inner cities and the parochial, anxious communities of the urban fringes and the bush. Asylum seeker rights are easily understood and supported by cosmopolitan Australians. We are well-travelled, we are not suspicious of multiculturalism and we are confident of processing and adjusting to change. At the same time, we rubbish their McMansions while gentrification makes the inner city unaffordable, and we castigate them for their cashed-up lack of generosity while it is in fact their kids mixing with the children of refugees. 

There needs to be some system to minimise boat arrivals, and a fair-minded and workable regional solution would indeed save lives. Indonesia cannot be let off the hook for catalysing such human tragedy. Our neighbour’s covert legitimation of people-smuggling shows we have competition in the race to the bottom when it comes to the treatment of asylum seekers.

There needs to be an alternative to settling people here that reaches beyond welfare and the ghetto. We are an island nation and we are not going to have open borders. That means there should be obligations and responsibilities that asylum seekers will have to take on if they arrive outside the auspices of the UN; that is, those who come here by boat. Might that be working to build infrastructure for five or seven years in remote areas, the way my father paid for his passage here? Is it being settled in rural Australia, to work in hospitals and on farms where there are labour shortages? I don’t know. I am not a politician or a social planner but I think those are precisely the conversations we should be having. In forgoing a humane and economically viable way of dealing with asylum seekers, we have squandered opportunities.

It's too late. 1788 was the time this policy should have been implemented.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 6:15pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 11:41am:
Amazing how Mr. Murray (and by extension, Soren) ignores that mercy was a driving force for the influx of migrants over the last few years to Germany.   Tsk, tsk, they'd prefer to see Syrians and others killed than allow them a safe place to live.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin

Mercy for Albanians, Serbs, Pakis, Iranians, Vietnamese, Nigerians, etc, etc.

It was and is a sham.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #139 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 6:27pm

Frank wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 6:15pm:

Grin Grin Grin

It was and is a sham.

Spoken like a true bigot, Soren.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:04pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 6:27pm:

Grin Grin Grin

It was and is a sham.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

How is it bigoted to point out that the majority of Muslim 'refugees' to Germany were not, IN FACT, Syrians, you idiotic clown?

Explain.  Actually, you couldn't explain anything.

So just yawn, you bloody mong.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:09pm

Frank wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:04pm:

Grin Grin Grin

It was and is a sham.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

How is it bigoted to point out that the majority of Muslim 'refugees' to Germany were not, IN FACT, Syrians, you idiotic clown?

Correlation not causation.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #142 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 11:00pm

Frank wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 9:04pm:

Grin Grin Grin

It was and is a sham.

Typical bigot.  Soren, run along back to the little kiddies' playground.  I hear your teacher calling you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:48am

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 8:53pm

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:12pm

]

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #146 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:22pm

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:12pm:
]

Seems that bloke got the message he did not want to hear.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #147 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 6:35pm

Soren/Hammer, extolling Racism and White Supremacist Fascism now.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 9:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 6:35pm:
Soren/Hammer, extolling Racism and White Supremacist Fascism now.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

White farmers murdered by blacks and calling it out and wanting to save them is Wacism and White Supwemacism!!!!   Cry Cry Cry  Bwian,  you despicable idiotic Turd Major, any other eyewatering nonsense you want to identify with and rush to claim as your cause?   Cymbals? 
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2018 at 9:41pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 9:36pm

As she was suffocating from a plastic bag over her head, the getaway driver was getting anxious and sounding his horn. By then, the safe was off the wall and they saw it had no money. They left without finishing her off. One man stole her car, but the anti-theft mechanism kicked in and it was abandoned 300m up the road.

“It’s very difficult for me to say what I feel,” she says. “But with this hate speech going on (Julius Malema of the Economic Freedom Fighters party is urging the seizure of white-owned land), this is stirring up the masses who are without things and who are being promised things that are not forthcoming. It’s like: go and take what you want.

“The thought of leaving has crossed my mind, but where does one go? The killing of whites is everywhere — you’re not safe anywhere.”

On Friday, a white farmer from the Eastern Cape was raped in front of her three children. On Wednesday, in the northern Limpopo province, three white people working on a farm were shot, the foreman, fatally in the chest. His partner survived being shot twice in the arm and the farm owner’s son survived a shot to the groin.

The attackers have not been found and likely never will be. Nor have the three men who tortured Simpson been identified. It may not be possible to understand the cruelty but the source of the attacks is in plain view.

Berdus Henrico and Estelle Nieuwenhuys were attacked in February on a farm in the Limpopo province. Henrico fought with two men who attacked with a knife and screwdriver, after which a third man came into their remote farmhouse with a handgun and shot him three times. He is lucky to be alive.
Berdus Henrico and Estelle Nieuwenhuys were attacked in February on a farm in the Limpopo province. Henrico fought with two men who attacked with a knife and screwdriver, after which a third man came into their remote farmhouse with a handgun and shot him three times. He is lucky to be alive.
Driving through the heaving black township of Mamelodi, on the rural outskirts of Pretoria, reveals some surprises: it has law courts, a hospital, a university branch, a council, police stations and some decent homes. But probe deeper into the million-strong settlement and it becomes evident that these threads of a functional society are failing to hold together a mess.

On the edges, people live in shacks made from flattened 44-gallon drums or scavenged plywood. They are mostly illegal immigrants from places such as Zimbabwe, Malawi and Nigeria who swarmed down on the promise of Nelson Mandela’s Rainbow Nation in the mid-1990s and instead found themselves in a new hell.

It is in such townships that much of South Africa’s crime is plotted: the constant carjacking; the boulders dropped on windscreens from overpasses after which hordes ransack stricken vehicles; the daily and daylight cash-in-transit robberies, where criminals slam armoured vans with automatic rifles and bombs. But such ventures are risky.

Eddie Mnguni, chairman of Mamelodi East community policing forum, says local criminals see attacking nearby farms as hassle-free.

“In the suburbs, you can’t rob easily with all the security,” says Mnguni. “But in the farms it is easy for criminals. Then came the EFF and the message they are putting forward has a negative impact.

In January, four black men attacked Piet Els, 86, on his Kimberley farm. They beat him with a metal bar and burned him with an iron. Under a rain of blows Els could not remember the code for the safe. He had no electric fences or guard dogs. A friend of Nelson Mandela, he thought his reputation would protect him.
In January, four black men attacked Piet Els, 86, on his Kimberley farm. They beat him with a metal bar and burned him with an iron. Under a rain of blows Els could not remember the code for the safe. He had no electric fences or guard dogs. A friend of Nelson Mandela, he thought his reputation would protect him.
“When people say, ‘Go and occupy land forcibly’, that’s carnage.”

Police are yet to provide answers to the family of Kyle Stols, 21, who was killed from shots to the head and heart on a game farm outside Bloemfontein on October 22 last year. Stols’s brother, Gabriel, 35, said the alarm had been tripping at the lodge for a week, without explanation. Kyle Stols wandered the 500m across from his house to turn off the alarm when he was ambushed.

“There was a struggle, some fighting going on,” Gabriel Stols says. “In that process, Kyle was shot. I am grateful that the fear he experienced was only for a few minutes — but others are being tortured.”

Nothing was stolen, not even Kyle Stols’s mobile phone. Asked why his brother was killed, Gabriel Stols says: “My personal opinion? It’s because he’s white, he lives on a farm and there’s still a lot of hatred. In the media, you see statements that there are only five million whites and 45 million blacks and how ‘we can kill them all in two weeks’.

“We have no help, we are sitting ducks. As soon as you kill someone on a farm, the family doesn’t have the courage to go back to the farm. I was a small child in apartheid. I can’t even remember it. My brother was born in the new South Africa and is killed because he’s white.”

White farmers face trouble on three fronts: the extreme generic crime that plagues the nation; so-called “land grabs” encouraged by the EFF under Malema, whose followers occupy land and refuse to move; and the land expropriation program of the new president, Cyril Ramaphosa.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print