Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Immigration (Read 22368 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Immigration
Reply #120 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:21pm

Even under Assimilation and Integration various ethnic groups could still celebrate where they came from and customs etc...  EG; The Scots still hold Highland Gatherings.

But, they lived the rest of their lives as Australians.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #121 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:23pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
Even under Assimilation and Integration various ethnic groups could still celebrate where they came from and customs etc...  EG; The Scots still hold Highland Gatherings.

But, they lived the rest of their lives as Australians.

Which would be in harmony with the Core-Periphery model, which I support. You can practise your customs, but your number one loyalty should be to the country, and your native culture should be subordinate to the dominate culture.

I practise this model, and I encourage all migrants to practise this model.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #122 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:51pm

There is no Core-periphery model...  it's called Integration.

Now we have Multiculti.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #123 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:54pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:51pm:

Now we have Multiculti.

As I have explained before....  http://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-an...

oh and Integration involved Assimilation without the need to completely forget ones past

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #124 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 2:00pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:54pm:
Grendel wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:51pm:

Now we have Multiculti.

As I have explained before....  http://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-an...

oh and Integration involved Assimilation without the need to completely forget ones past

Not like the government should be looking into people's houses anyway and monitoring what they do. I know this isn't what you're advocating.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #125 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:04pm

Not that people should migrate here to maintain their previous way of life especially if it is not compatible to a Western democracy.

Used to be you'd migrate to another country to become one of them...  the USA still expect that.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #126 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:12pm

Grendel wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:04pm:
Not that people should migrate here to maintain their previous way of life especially if it is not compatible to a Western democracy.

Used to be you'd migrate to another country to become one of them...  the USA still expect that.

Totally agree. If I go to Japan, I should try to integrate into Japanese society, although I'll admit that I would probably never be able to fully integrate. That's ok. That's why I live in Australia.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:05pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:12pm:

Totally agree. If I go to Japan, I should try to integrate into Japanese society, although I'll admit that I would probably never be able to fully integrate. That's ok. That's why I live in Australia.

You may. Or you may hang out with Westerners and not learn Japanese - like every other Whitey I've met who's lived in Japan.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #128 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:27pm

LOL
sure clown everything you say is so believable.
I would learn more Japanese until I became fluid with the language.
But since I don't look Asian I'd never expect the Japanese to accept me as Japanese even if I managed to gain citizenship.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #129 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:25pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:05pm:

You may. Or you may hang out with Westerners and not learn Japanese - like every other Whitey I've met who's lived in Japan.

Well, the whitey men hang out with WHITE MEN; but hang out with Japanese women.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:54pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:25pm:

Indeed.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #131 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:10pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:54pm:

Indeed.

Off-topic question: do you like Cricket?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:56am

Auggie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:10pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:54pm:

Indeed.

Off-topic question: do you like Cricket?

Can't stand it. How un-Pakistani is that?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 8:02pm

The great immigration deceit

In 2015, the Germany fertility rate was at 1.5 births per woman. This is below the EU average, and far lower than the population ‘replacement rate’ of 2.1. By 2030, the proportion of working-age residents in Germany is also predicted to fall from 61 per cent to 54 per cent.

However, while it is true that Germany does face issues of demography, is mass immigration a practical solution to the problem? British writer Douglas Murray, in The Strange Death of Europe, gives an infallible argument against Merkel’s reasoning. Murray leaves no doubt in reader’s minds that the European Union’s most powerful official must be either critically incompetent; or a liar.

For one, Merkel’s reasoning ignores the fact, so clearly elucidated by Murray, that migrants themselves get older; thus causing the eternal need for ever more migrants as time progresses. As migrants enter Germany, they ensure that even greater numbers are required in future; and thus the process is doomed to repeat itself with a continually increasing rate of immigration. Merkel’s espoused strategy is not sustainable in the long-term; immaterial of the fact that many migrants require more money from the state, over their lifetime, than they could ever contribute in the form of taxation.

Merkel’s outlook towards demographics also ignores the essential truth behind why German birth rates are so low. When first ruminating on your nation’s low birth rate, any competent world leader would surely look at fixing the root causes of the problem; as opposed to immediately looking to import a million people. The low birth rates in Western Europe are not indicative of a continent that has shunned the idea of children, but instead portrays a continent where lifestyle factors have led women to decide against having large families. British research, quoted by Murray in The Strange Death of Europe, found that only 8 per cent of women didn’t want children, and only 4 per cent wanted one child. By contrast, 55 per cent wanted two children; and the rest of the population three or more. For the average Western European woman, it is facts of life, such as the loss of income when a child is born, that discourage them from having as many children as they desire.

When facing the migrant crisis in 2015, Merkel would surely have been aware of this sentiment in her own country. If she had any idea, then Merkel should have known that mass migration was not a viable long-term solution to account for low German birth rates. By fixing the root issues that are causing native Germans to have fewer children, Merkel would have been infinitely more successful in plugging the nation’s long-term demographic shortfall. Programs such a generous maternity leave, while expensive to implement, would largely negate any apparent ‘necessity’ for mass immigration from the third-world; and would avoid the litany of costs and threats to social cohesion that present themselves as a result.
https://www.spectator.com.au/2018/02/the-great-immigration-deceit/

Anyone who argues for mass third world immigration to the West is critically incompetent or a liar.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 8:39pm

Frank wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 8:02pm:
The great immigration deceit

https://spectatorau.imgix.net/content/uploads/2018/02/Capture-8.jpg
In 2015, the Germany fertility rate was at 1.5 births per woman. This is below the EU average, and far lower than the population ‘replacement rate’ of 2.1. By 2030, the proportion of working-age residents in Germany is also predicted to fall from 61 per cent to 54 per cent.

However, while it is true that Germany does face issues of demography, is mass immigration a practical solution to the problem? British writer Douglas Murray, in The Strange Death of Europe, gives an infallible argument against Merkel’s reasoning. Murray leaves no doubt in reader’s minds that the European Union’s most powerful official must be either critically incompetent; or a liar.

For one, Merkel’s reasoning ignores the fact, so clearly elucidated by Murray, that migrants themselves get older; thus causing the eternal need for ever more migrants as time progresses. As migrants enter Germany, they ensure that even greater numbers are required in future; and thus the process is doomed to repeat itself with a continually increasing rate of immigration. Merkel’s espoused strategy is not sustainable in the long-term; immaterial of the fact that many migrants require more money from the state, over their lifetime, than they could ever contribute in the form of taxation.

Merkel’s outlook towards demographics also ignores the essential truth behind why German birth rates are so low. When first ruminating on your nation’s low birth rate, any competent world leader would surely look at fixing the root causes of the problem; as opposed to immediately looking to import a million people. The low birth rates in Western Europe are not indicative of a continent that has shunned the idea of children, but instead portrays a continent where lifestyle factors have led women to decide against having large families. British research, quoted by Murray in The Strange Death of Europe, found that only 8 per cent of women didn’t want children, and only 4 per cent wanted one child. By contrast, 55 per cent wanted two children; and the rest of the population three or more. For the average Western European woman, it is facts of life, such as the loss of income when a child is born, that discourage them from having as many children as they desire.

When facing the migrant crisis in 2015, Merkel would surely have been aware of this sentiment in her own country. If she had any idea, then Merkel should have known that mass migration was not a viable long-term solution to account for low German birth rates. By fixing the root issues that are causing native Germans to have fewer children, Merkel would have been infinitely more successful in plugging the nation’s long-term demographic shortfall. Programs such a generous maternity leave, while expensive to implement, would largely negate any apparent ‘necessity’ for mass immigration from the third-world; and would avoid the litany of costs and threats to social cohesion that present themselves as a result.
https://www.spectator.com.au/2018/02/the-great-immigration-deceit/

Anyone who argues for mass third world immigration to the West is critically incompetent or a liar.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print