Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Geoffrey Rush resigns (Read 3845 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Geoffrey Rush resigns
Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:25am

As President of Australian Academy of whatever following allegations of inappropriate behaviour at a theatre.

I have to say I'm starting to become skeptical of this tsunami of allegations.
In my life experience which has been wide, including years in the entertainment business, I've not been aware of episodes of men forcing themselves on women. Chatting them up yes, but uninvited touching & harassment no. Certainly not assault.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Geoffrey Rush resigns
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:27am

Oh you haven't heard, sexual assault now includes looking at a woman.

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:34am

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:25am:

This board is full of kiddie-fiddlin' sympathizers ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:18am

Don't take this as a reply AiA because you don't merit one.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:47am

As President of Australian Academy of whatever following allegations of inappropriate behaviour at a theatre.

In my life experience which has been wide, including years in the entertainment business, I've not been aware of episodes of men forcing themselves on women. Chatting them up yes, but uninvited touching & harassment no. Certainly not assault.

Such assaults are invariably done one-on-one away from the gaze of the herd. It's why so many of these sexual pests survive for years without coming to the notice of the public.

You weren't supposed to 'see' anything, and so you didn't. These touchy-feely pests are cunning predators who are careful to keep the vast majority onside with thinking they're good people who only deserve respect and being liked.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:52am

Gordon wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:27am:
Oh you haven't heard, sexual assault now includes looking at a woman.

Grin Grin Grin

If the feminists had their way we wouldn't be laughing. Just owning a penis is an affront to their sense of gender equality.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:16am

This is an absolute disgrace

Geoffrey Rush has been vilified by an actress who won't identify herself nor made the specific claims public

GUTLESS BITCH

As for the two wankers who said they believed her allegations their testimony isn't worth turning into toilet paper

I hope RUSH sues their sorry arses

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:36am

What's odd and needs explaining is how did a thoroughly screwed long-time pillow-biting homosexual like Rush manage to offend a female of the theatre company.

It's also unfair that the star of the 'Wolf Creek' series, John Jarratt, has been accused by a solitary woman of historic sexual harassment without her having to front up with her name, her photo, and full explanation.

In the case of Don Burke where literally scores of women are coming forward to accuse him of being an animal, one can understand the media releasing this to the public.

And then, something most people would consider to be quite staggering, Don Burke actually got banned from travelling on Qantas because of his disgusting behaviour towards the airline hostesses. Drunks and football hooligans don't get banned, but Burke's diseased foul mouth was so bad they had to ban him.

That's got to be almost unique, surely.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:53am

Arse wipes like Weinstein and possibly Burke should get what they deserve.

But if you look at a woman's neckline as at some point you will surely that cannot be sexual harassment....?

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 9:18am

The joke about the casting couch is as old as Adam mate. Which rock have you been hiding under ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:24am

Ajax wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:53am:
Arse wipes like Weinstein and possibly Burke should get what they deserve.

But if you look at a woman's neckline as at some point you will surely that cannot be sexual harassment....?

If you stare at it like the Italians are wont to do without any 'by-your-leave' or concession to basic good manners, then yes, it's sexual effrontery of an 'assault' kind.

Sneaking the occasional peek is socially acceptable and deemed okay as a subtle perv.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:27am

They named names...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:43am

You should ALWAYS pretend to ignore a woman's tits no matter how gorgeous they are and how teasingly displayed.

Example ....

Does anyone here know who the singer is? What a voice! Fantastic.

Lacy J. Dalton?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:48am

Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun, you don't stare at it. It's too risky. Ya get a sense of it and then you look away - Jerry Seinfeld.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:53am

I think this is him   ...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print