Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Yes, Men View Women as Sex Objects (Read 7725 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Yes, Men View Women as Sex Objects
Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:03pm

by Dennis Prager December 13, 2016

A non-misogynist primer for the college-educated

My last column was titled “On Donald Trump’s Supposed Misogyny.” After reading reactions on the Internet, I realize how important it is to elaborate on the subject of how men view women.
One of the proofs that “higher” education makes people more foolish, more naïve, and often even more ignorant about life than those who never attended college is the widespread belief among the well-educated that when men sexually objectify women, it means that they are misogynists, haters of women.
So, here is a list of eight truths about males and sexual objectification for those who have a degree in any of the “social sciences.”

1. It is completely normal for heterosexual men to see women to whom they are sexually attracted as sex objects.
2. That such sexual objectification is normal and has nothing to do with misogyny is proved by, among other things, the fact that homosexual men see men to whom they are sexually attracted as sex objects. If heterosexual men are misogynists, homosexual men are man-haters.
3. One reason for this is the almost unique power of the visual to sexually arouse men. Men are aroused just by glancing at a female arm, ankle, calf, thigh, stomach — even without ever seeing the woman’s face. Those legs, calves, arms, etc. are sexual objects. That’s why there are innumerable websites featuring them. There is nothing analogous for women.
Of course, a woman can be aroused seeing a particularly handsome and masculine man. But there are no websites for women to stare at men’s legs or other male body parts.
4. Every normal heterosexual man who sees a woman as a sexual object can also completely respect her mind, her character, and everything else non-sexual about her. Men do this all the time.
5. Most heterosexual women also see sexy women as sex objects — and they are hardly misogynists. Ask your wife or girlfriend which would turn her on more: watching a male strip show in front of a female audience or a female strip show in front of a male audience.
6. Lucky is the couple in which the man can sexually objectify his partner. The longer a husband can at least occasionally regard his wife as a sex object, the better their marriage. It is not always easy to perceive the woman you see every day, the mother of your children, as a sexual object.
7. The whole purpose of lingerie and other sexual attire is to render the woman a sex object in her partner’s eyes. Are all the women who wear lingerie, bikinis, cheerleader outfits, or whatever else turns their partner on — and hopefully them as well, one might add — haters of women?
8. If your husband denies these assertions, he is lying to you because he is afraid you will react angrily or because he is afraid of hurting your feelings. He may also be lying to himself — after all, he, too, may have gone to college or reads liberal opinion pieces on misogyny, and he wants to be an “enlightened” male.

It is a sign of the times that these eight points need to be spelled out. The question is, Why? Why are any of these points — known to just about every woman and man who ever lived prior to the 1960s — controversial to so many well-educated people today? The answer is leftism and its offshoot, feminism. Leftism is first and foremost a denial of reality. Avoidance of pain is the central psychological impetus of leftism. This explains the infantilizing ‘safe rooms at the institutions the Left most controls — the universities. Leftists deny reality for two reasons. One is that leftism is a religion (a secular one), and therefore it has dogmas that supersede truth. The other reason is that reality is filled with disappointment and pain, and avoidance of pain is the central psychological impetus of leftism.  These rooms — replete with stuffed animals, balloons, and Play-Doh — exist to protect students from hearing an idea with which they differ.

(Recall the first reason leftists deny reality: It is a religion allows that no heretical ideas.) Safe zone are also meant to keep students from hearing an idea that causes them pain.
(Recall reason two: avoiding pain.) Name the left-wing position, and in almost every case, you will see how it exemplifies either or both of these reasons. It is reality that human nature is not basically good.
But since the French Enlightenment, the Left has affirmed that people are basically good. That’s why leftists blame violent crime on poverty and racism, not on the violent criminal. It is reality that the higher the minimum wage, the fewer new workers will be hired. But the Left, because of dogma, denies it.

It is also reality, not an expression of misogyny, that men see the objects of their sexual desire as . . . sexual objects. But this is too painful for feminists and other leftists. And it violates feminist theory, which insists that seeing a woman as a sexual object makes one a misogynist, and that men and women are essentially the same. Therefore, leftists reject the reality.
:National Review article reprint

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: Yes, Men View Women as Sex Objects
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:05pm

I'd love to have posted the photo with the article but couldn't.
Maybe someone more technical than me can take a look at today's National Review and put it up.
It's beautiful 1930s/40s.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:30pm

LOL…….bogy it’s so true except for no.5 all the rest ring true with me.

Every time my testosterone levels peak I see the misses as a french maid walking around the house.

Only after sitting on the nest everything returns to normal for a few days and I see her as a normal person.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:38pm

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:05pm:
I'd love to have posted the photo with the article but couldn't.
Maybe someone more technical than me can take a look at today's National Review and put it up.
It's beautiful 1930s/40s.

She's serving desert tonight............. Cheesy

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442993/men-see-women-sex-objects-its-not-m...

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 4:08pm

I would think that most heterosexual women like to think of themselves as sexually attractive to men.

If by sex object you mean an object of sexual desire, then it would be most natural and reciprocal.

Female "sex object"

Male "sex object" ??????   
I'll leave that for one of the ladies.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 8:32pm

I could write a long version but I don't think I need to as this short version sums up how my brain works well enough.
I have to admit I'm obviously a bad person and a misogynist... I size up every woman I see/meet, that does not mean I act on it, I just can't help it, it's automatic. On the other hand I also size up every man I see/meet not as a sexual object but as a competitor.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:08pm

my automatic response is looks, boobs, bum, box gap, size, hair, smell, colour...

then there's bra or no bra, nipples, G string/panties/nothing...

tattoo's.. yuk.. 99% of them...

smile.. interaction ... HELLO!!

just saying...

im like Robocop on testosterone ...  Undecided

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:16pm

When I look at good sorts first thing I look at is

the arse/hips
the thigh gap
the crouch gap
the vdub bonnet
the navel if its exposed
the breasts
the face.

I try not to make it obvious of course, sunnies help a lot.... Cool

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:19pm

Ajax wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:16pm:

the arse/hips
the thigh gap
the grouch gap
the vdub bonnet
the navel if its exposed
the breasts
the face.

thats only about 1.35 seconds of perv....

no one could pick it...  Wink

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:25pm

When the Veensteen thing broke, a woman interviewed on the TV news in the street said when a man looks a woman up and down, it is sexual harassment. She was not of the configuration that would get a passing look. What we are almost certainly seeing now, is the (girls) who cried wolf, which means women with a genuine case will find it even harder to be taken seriously.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:27pm

the arse/hips
the thigh gap
the crouch gap
the vdub bonnet
the navel if its exposed
the breasts
the face.

Ooopah! Sexy ladyyyyyy ...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:29pm

issuevoter wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:25pm:
When the Veensteen thing broke, a woman interviewed on the TV news in the street said when a man looks a woman up and down, it is sexual harassment. She was not of the configuration that would get a passing look. What we are almost certainly seeing now, is the (girls) who cried wolf, which means women with a genuine case will find it even harder to be taken seriously.

I agree.

The definition of 'sexual harassment' is being broadened to include even the most innocent flirtatious pass at a woman.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:30pm

its usually fat ugly bitches with shorn hair that act like that... or say stuff like that...

they've abuse their bodies with jelly donuts and ice cream.. and no one looks at them... or they do with "disgust"...  Sad

then they see fit ladies getting a second look from the lads and then they HATE on them and every male... 

I like healthy looking women....

fat ugly bitches with tattoo who wear little clothing make me near vomit...  Undecided

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:31pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:29pm:

I agree.

The definition of 'sexual harassment' is being broadened to include even the most innocent flirtatious pass at a woman.

Subject to if she finds the guy attractive or not.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:34pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:27pm:

the arse/hips
the thigh gap
the crouch gap
the vdub bonnet
the navel if its exposed
the breasts
the face.

Ooopah! Sexy ladyyyyyy ...

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4524/38751759142_cc1b121ff5_b.jpg

Is that Bobby with a reflection of Marla skiing in the Colorado mountains reflected in his shades?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print