Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
A hell of a speech by Katie Hopkins in America. (Read 8813 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: A hell of a speech by Katie Hopkins in America.
Reply #60 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:46pm:
Islam is a religion, Selanta, first and foremost.  If you wish to liken it to an ideology, you must accept that all other religions are similar.  Christianity, Judiasm, Buddhism, Hinduism, you name them, they all believe they have the path to righteousness.   All have directions how their believers should live their lives, how they should treat each other and non-believers.    Roll Eyes

You seriously see no difference in the religions in how they expect their societies to run? Whether the law of the land they live in comes first? Islam has a set of laws to govern all societies, not just their own like nutty fundy Jews, it's an ideology. It's as political as much as it is religious.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #61 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:07pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:52pm:
Islam is a religion, Selanta, first and foremost.  If you wish to liken it to an ideology, you must accept that all other religions are similar.  Christianity, Judiasm, Buddhism, Hinduism, you name them, they all believe they have the path to righteousness.   All have directions how their believers should live their lives, how they should treat each other and non-believers.    Roll Eyes

You seriously see no difference in the religions in how they expect their societies to run? Whether the law of the land they live in comes first? Islam has a set of laws to govern all societies, not just their own like nutty fundy Jews, it's an ideology. It's as political as much as it is religious.

All religions have their own views on the legality of how their believers act, Selanta.  All religions.   So, if you're going to condemn one, you really need to condemn them all, otherwise you are persecuting only one religion.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #62 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:11pm

Furthermore the intensity and level of religiosity of followers of Islam is just so much higher.

Millions upon millions of them carry on with same level of nuttyness as a group like Westboro, which numbers barely 50 people.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #63 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:13pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:07pm:

All religions have their own views on the legality of how their believers act, Selanta.  All religions.   So, if you're going to condemn one, you really need to condemn them all, otherwise you are persecuting only one religion.    Roll Eyes

What a load of balls. Each one should be judged individually on its own.

A religion is merely a collection of rules and ideas, and they should also be judged on how the followers choose to interpret those rules and ideas.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #64 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:23pm

Do all religions have legality on how those who do not follow their religion act?

I do condemn them all. I think it's pretty much on record here what I think of religions but not all are equal just as not all societies are equal and not all people are equal on the scale of good/bad. You'll notice I do not pick on Muslims, I have no problems picking on what they believe, just as you have a go at ideologies you do not like. The funny thing is I would think you'd rather not live in a counrty ruled by this ideology. It should not be defended but condemned.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 11:31am

Gordon wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:11pm:

Furthermore the intensity and level of religiosity of followers of Islam is just so much higher.

Millions upon millions of them carry on with same level of nuttyness as a group like Westboro, which numbers barely 50 people.

Post of the week Gordy.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #66 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 11:55am

Setanta wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:23pm:

Do all religions have legality on how those who do not follow their religion act?

I do condemn them all. I think it's pretty much on record here what I think of religions but not all are equal just as not all societies are equal and not all people are equal on the scale of good/bad. You'll notice I do not pick on Muslims, I have no problems picking on what they believe, just as you have a go at ideologies you do not like. The funny thing is I would think you'd rather not live in a counrty ruled by this ideology. It should not be defended but condemned.

Brian has claimed he has no right or even ability to criticise other nations or religions. So it is strange to see him insist you must condemn them all. Perhaps he is saying you should not condemn any of them. The only thing he is consistent in is leaping to the defence of Islam.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #67 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:07pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:11pm:

Westboro?  Funny, I've always been told they aren't real Christians, Gordon.

How about the Brotherhood, Opus Dei, and so on?  They number quite a few more...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #68 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:10pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:13pm:

What a load of balls. Each one should be judged individually on its own.

A religion is merely a collection of rules and ideas, and they should also be judged on how the followers choose to interpret those rules and ideas.

So, why then condemn Australian Muslims, Gordon?  They appear, overwhelmingly, to be following their religion's views peacefully, within Australia's legal system.   Why always drag up overseas examples to condemn Australian Muslims?  Mmmm?     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #69 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:13pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 10:23pm:

Depends.  Christianity and Judaism do.   I am unsure what the attitudes of Hinduism, Buddhism are, although the current events in Myanmar suggest that they believe they do.

Quote:

Then you are unusual, Selanta.   Many people here only condemn Islam and quite volubly as well.   We have numerous threads on condemning Islam in different ways by different people.   Time after time, they choose to persecute innocent Muslims for being well, just Muslims.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:17pm

Brian-

Many people here only condemn Islam and quite volubly as well.   We have numerous threads on condemning Islam in different ways by different people.   Time after time, they choose to persecute innocent Muslims for being well, just Muslims.   Tsk, tsk. 

If Islam wasn't a problem nobody would bother.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #71 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:23pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Brian-

Many people here only condemn Islam and quite volubly as well.   We have numerous threads on condemning Islam in different ways by different people.   Time after time, they choose to persecute innocent Muslims for being well, just Muslims.   Tsk, tsk. 

What the problem is, Hammer, is that people like you take the word of the extremists that they represent what Islam is all about, rather than the word of the overwhelming majority of peaceful, law-abiding Muslims who say otherwise and who are in the main, the victims of the extremists.

When you can learn to sort out the differences between the extremists and the moderates and actually listen and understand what the moderates are saying, then you might come to understand what Islam is about.

However, I won't be holding my breath because your a bigoted, Racist, Xenophobe, now aren't you and you enjoy persecuting people, not because of what they do or believe but because of what you think they do and believe.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:27pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 9:18pm:
Setanta wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 8:13pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 7:56pm:
It is just always about Muslims.   Tsk, tsk, Soren, your Xenophobia and Islamophobia is showing...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If he was xenophobic, would that not me all foreigners? So he's not xenophobic, you probably need another word. Islam is an ideology to be feared and rejected just like other extreme ideologies.

It is possible to be Xenophobic to just one group of foreigners.   Islam is a religion, just as Christianity, Hinduism, Judiasm, etc. are religions, Selanta.   Roll Eyes

It is not Xenophobic to resist an ideology, you stupid old piss-soaked auntie.  Islam is a religion AND an ideology.

Don't YOU resist Christian ideology, you daft, lying distorter?

Tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes you bloody idiot.

Yes, I do.  However, Christians in Australian, are Australian (in the main).   Muslims in Australia according to you, come from overseas.  Therefore your hatred stems from your well known Xenophobia towards all migrants and Muslim migrants in particular, Soren.   Tsk, tsk, you are on record stating your hatred towards migrants, therefore you are Xenophobic.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Saudi cleric says women are to blame for rape and harassment
'A woman who leaves her house wearing make-up and perfume is an adulteress', says Ahmed Bin Saad Al Qarni

'It's sinful for a man to look at a woman': Powerful Australian Muslim sheikh says merely LOOKING at the opposite sex might lead to adultery and is against Sharia law

Push to jail brutal Vic murderer for life
Dec 1, 2017

Prosecutors want an Islamic State sympathiser who murdered and mutilated his wife in front of their children to be jailed for life without parole.

But a lawyer for the Melbourne killer, who cannot be named to protect his children, says his client was suffering from drug-induced psychosis at the time, which could affect his sentence.

The 36-year-old appeared before the Victorian Supreme Court on Friday for a pre-sentence hearing after pleading guilty to murdering his wife at their Broadmeadows home in 2016.

Prosecutor Sharn Coombes said the couple's children - aged two, four and six at the time - saw their father repeatedly attack their mother with a knife.

"The accused set upon a prolonged and vicious attack on his wife, murdering her in front of their three children," she told the court.

"The two oldest children described their father having 'slaughtered' their mother in front of them."

An autopsy revealed the 27-year-old woman died of blood loss, with multiple wounds to her face and genitals, a gouged-out right eye, and two amputated fingers.

Two of the children told authorities they saw their father flush their mother's eye down the toilet.

The man later took his three young children with him to dump the body and afterwards ate pastries at a bakery.

"He closed the boot, then he sat on the boot to see if mum got up," the boy told authorities.

"Mummy didn't get up."

A jogger found the body in bushes near the Dallas tennis club on June 17, 2016, and she remained unidentified for three weeks.

Her husband was arrested on July 4, 2016 after police went to the family home to check on the children.

No one had reported the woman missing. She moved to Australia from Lebanon and was cut off from friends and family because of her husband's controlling behaviour.

He did not allow her to speak freely and refused to send the children to school and wanted them to only speak Lebanese, learn the Koran, and learn about guns and swords, war and jihad.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:23pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Brian-

What the problem is, Hammer, is that people like you take the word of the extremists that they represent what Islam is all about, rather than the word of the overwhelming majority of peaceful, law-abiding Muslims who say otherwise and who are in the main, the victims of the extremists.

When you can learn to sort out the differences between the extremists and the moderates and actually listen and understand what the moderates are saying, then you might come to understand what Islam is about.

However, I won't be holding my breath because your a bigoted, Racist, Xenophobe, now aren't you and you enjoy persecuting people, not because of what they do or believe but because of what you think they do and believe.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

I'm not concerned with the majority Brian, I'm more concerned about all the people dying.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:23pm:
[quote author=Mr_Hammer link=1512114035/70#70 date=1512267438]

You don't know what Islam is all about, Bwian, so don't preach crap.

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 6:27pm:
What has Islam brought into the world that is new and an improvement?

No idea.  Ask a Muslim, Soren.   I'm not one.  I don't worship Allah.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print