Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Victory (Read 3097 times)
Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Victory
Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:03am

If ABC correct Labor have secured the 47th seat as of a minute ago giving them majority government , just like to take this opportunity to say sucked in rtards , you lost again  Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Victory
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:18am

But wasn't it supposed to be a shoo in? 56 seats? What happened?

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:25am

lee wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:18am:
But wasn't it supposed to be a shoo in? 56 seats? What happened?

Does it matter , they formed majority government  Cheesy

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:42am

Its time wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:03am:
If ABC correct Labor have secured the 47th seat as of a minute ago giving them majority government , just like to take this opportunity to say sucked in rtards , you lost again  Grin

Queensland election: ABC election computer shows Labor has 47 seats, but no result yet
By Josh Bavas and staff
Updated 3 minutes ago

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and Opposition Leader Tim Nicholls speaking and looking serious in composite photo.
PHOTO: Labor secures the 47 seats it needs for a majority, with the LNP shoring up 38. (AAP: Darren England)
RELATED STORY: Here's what happens if Labor falls short in the Queensland electionRELATED STORY: Was the Queensland election result good or bad for One Nation?
MAP: Brisbane 4000
It could be next week before an official state election result is declared, the Electoral Commission of Queensland (ECQ) has said, as the ABC's election computer shows Labor has secured the 47 seats it needs for a majority, with the LNP shoring up 38.

There are still four seats in doubt — two of which are expected to go to the LNP.

ECQ spokesman Dermot Tiernan said it still had not received all of the votes for counting.

"As of yesterday we had 100,000 postal votes still in the hands of Australia Post," he said.
All you need to know

Take a closer look at the electorates, candidates and key seats.
"They will come — they've got until close of business next Tuesday to arrive — and then they can be assessed for whether they've been properly filled out and then scrutinised and then added to the count."

ABC election analyst Antony Green said it was unlikely Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk would officially claim victory until the ECQ finished the count.

"What happened today was basically some extra results came in for Gaven, which put Gaven beyond doubt as a Labor victory," he said.

"Of the 47 seats, the only seat there that there might be any doubt ... still — is Macalister where [independent candidate] Hetty Johnston is 980 votes behind the LNP candidate in third place.

"But at this stage she still has to close that gap and we won't know if that closes until next week — personally I think it's unlikely."
Labor's pledge to only govern with majority

During the election campaign, Ms Palaszczuk made repeated promises she would only govern with a majority.

Ms Palaszczuk even went so far as professing she would go into Opposition rather than rely on the crossbench. Grin Grin Grin Grin

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:01am

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:40am

47 is a majority, but only by one seat. In practice, Labor will want confidence and supply from the crossbenches to improve stability.

Labor can still get to 48 seats. Maiwar is the seat in doubt here, with Labor and the Greens very close together. Whoever pulls ahead will overtake the LNP on preferences. The Greens are ahead by 12 votes on the primary votes, and the preferences distributed from 800 votes for an independent candidate will be decisive.

I expect this seat will take the longest to decide.

Other seats:

The LNP are ahead of Labor in Burdekin with 50.6% 2PP.

Hinchinbrook has the KAP ahead of the LNP with 54.7% of the 2PP vote. This seat is similar to Maiwar, with KAP and ONP in a close contest to come second to the LNP so they can pull ahead in the final count on preferences. The KAP margin over ONP is over 200 votes on the primary votes, but a lot more preferences are in play from Labor, the Greens and an independent.

Townsville has the LNP ahead of Labor by about 200 votes after preferences, or about 50.3% to 49.7%.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 12:04pm

Its time wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:25am:
Does it matter ,

Not to me, I live in WA. Wink

they formed majority government

Now take out the Speaker who will only vote if votes are tied.

Palaszczuk has said she will not form a coalition. So maybe an extra special deal on president.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 4:41pm

lee wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 12:04pm:
Does it matter ,

So what happened to the Liberals at the last WA election?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:09pm

Bam wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 4:41pm:
Does it matter ,

Annihilated

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:17pm

Most of the imposter Laborites failed to get 50% primary vote they are so detested.

It was ONLY prefs to keep 1 Nation out that got them there.

Now watch LW chuck a mental and do a foot change.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #10 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:18pm

Winners are grinners  Smiley

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:21pm

I'll be waiting for the official results thanks...  not the ABC computer modelling... its wrong as often as it is right during the night... 
Oh dear they've given the seat to Labor...
Oh no now its just in doubt
Now its LNP
Oh no back to Labor...

Sorry...  Official figures are what counts not Antony's guesses.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:32pm

Grendel wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:21pm:
I'll be waiting for the official results thanks...  not the ABC computer modelling... its wrong as often as it is right during the night... 
Now its LNP
Oh no back to Labor...

Antony's projections (they're not guesses) are based on modelling at the booth level. It's more reliable than most of what's out there. And most of what's out there is more reliable than Hanson's pre-election predictions on One Nation's performance.

Nothing wrong with waiting for the official results, by the way. Nevertheless, only two seats are really in doubt at this stage - Maiwar (ALP or Greens) and Hinchinbrook (KAP or ONP).

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:45pm

juliar wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:17pm:
Most of the imposter Laborites failed to get 50% primary vote they are so detested.

It was ONLY prefs to keep 1 Nation out that got them there.

Now watch LW chuck a mental and do a foot change.

The imposter candidates, the LNP, lost.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:55pm

Bam wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:32pm:
Grendel wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 5:21pm:
Now its LNP
Oh no back to Labor...

Antony's projections (they're not guesses) are based on modelling at the booth level. It's more reliable than most of what's out there. And most of what's out there is more reliable than Hanson's pre-election predictions on One Nation's performance.

Nothing wrong with waiting for the official results, by the way. Nevertheless, only two seats are really in doubt at this stage - Maiwar (ALP or Greens) and Hinchinbrook (KAP or ONP).

Look if you cant admit I'm right or be sensible about things...  simply don't comment Bam.
Don't waste my time.
Every election the ABC computer gives away seats and in the end its the official figures that win the day not the "guesses"...  call it what you like, be a bloody pedant the meaning is the same, the results are the same.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 6:19pm

Bam wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 4:41pm:
Does it matter ,

Liberals lost.

And now we have Labor.

Backflipped on police pay.
The on /off/on again/off again gold tax.
And Barry Urban can't remember whether he has diplomas from English Universities, wears medals to which he is not entitled, seems he perhaps was not an investigator in Bosnia and doesn't have a Diploma in Local Government. But Labor has a comprehensive audit policy on prospective MP's.

Oh, and sold off parts of the electricity grid, despite promising not to do so.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print