Weather 2017/18/19- (Read 75300 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Weather 2017/18
Reply #90 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:12am

Agnes wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 1:25am:
Temps fairly consistent pretty much- cold and sunny-.. very nice really..beautiful cool autumn....been pretty dry out here for the best part of a year now..we..need..rain.

If only I could summon up 100mm of rain to finish up the month of May. I would settle for that. Especially if the farmers get that kind of rain. Will have to rug up next Friday. 5 degrees for the night.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #91 - May 27th, 2018 at 11:04am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:12am:
Temps fairly consistent pretty much- cold and sunny-.. very nice really..beautiful cool autumn....been pretty dry out here for the best part of a year now..we..need..rain.

If only I could summon up 100mm of rain to finish up the month of May. I would settle for that. Especially if the farmers get that kind of rain. Will have to rug up next Friday. 5 degrees for the night.

we had 3 overnight here already - loving that so much- anyway  bit of rain overnight here last night and big storms in Perth so may get a bit of that as well- here is hoping-cheer up US the rain will come- don't you guys get floods when it actually does rain  Shocked

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #92 - May 27th, 2018 at 12:08pm

Agnes wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 11:04am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:12am:

we had 3 overnight here already - loving that so much- anyway  bit of rain overnight here last night and big storms in Perth so may get a bit of that as well- here is hoping-cheer up US the rain will come- don't you guys get floods when it actually does rain  Shocked

If we get 100mm of rain inside 4 hours, it is enough to flood the CBD. We got 340mm of rain in one day (constant rain with occasional heavy downpour) a few years ago. It was enough to flood the yard, but it did not much else.

My yard, which I have only mowed half, blew up enough dust that I had to abandon doing the rest until Monday. I was hoping that the forecasted light rain would do enough to settle the dust whilst I mow. As such, no rain.

Perhaps we will see a heavy downpour of rain like we did a few years back, when it was a cold winter. Had 180mm of rain one day, and it saved us from a drought winter and helped get us over our average rainfall of 900mm for the year. I realise the gambling mindset I have hear, but we seriously should see a heavy rainy season to make up for the lack of rain this year.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #93 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:06am

I have had a half hearted flue for the last week- not enough to send me to bed but enough to make moving difficult- body aches and weariness- and headaches- Xmas coming up here in few weeks ( in JUly) and I'm not happy about it- stuff to do-- I must admit I kind of miss the warm weather ahead of time-  and that isnt like  me at all- David Taylor US is predicting a huge tsunami for the east coast in the next few years- we don't want that one to have any legs-

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #94 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:24am

Left two heaters on, the other night. The Bureau recorded 3 degrees at 5am. Feel justified leaving them on.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #95 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:42am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:24am:
Left two heaters on, the other night. The Bureau recorded 3 degrees at 5am. Feel justified leaving them on.

Damn it I answered this the other night- and somehow it ended up in a random thread somewhere- Gremlins in the system- 3 deg is normal US- but when you are getting 14 overnight I kind of understand it- climatisation- init-

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #96 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 6:39am

Agnes wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:06am:
I have had a half hearted flue for the last week- not enough to send me to bed but enough to make moving difficult- body aches and weariness- and headaches- Xmas coming up here in few weeks ( in JUly) and I'm not happy about it- stuff to do-- I must admit I kind of miss the warm weather ahead of time-  and that isnt like  me at all- David Taylor US is predicting a huge tsunami for the east coast in the next few years- we don't want that one to have any legs-

Even if you don't catch the flu - there are so many viruses floating around that it's easy to catch something which knocks you around.

This is the first winter that I've complained about. It's predicted that it's going to be colder than usual which isn't something to look forward to.

Living on the east coast on a sandbank - I occasionally think about the consequences of a tsunami which is a possibility and how I would escape in time. I wouldn't. I'm in a valley of sorts with only one road leading to a fork to safety and by the time I managed to get my car out of the garage - the exit would be blocked with traffic. The other alternative is to get a tradesman to build easy to climb steps up my tallest trees, but would these beautiful old trees withstand the force of water.

Maybe I should just sit quietly and pray that the end comes quickly and painlessly.

It's easier not to think about it.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #97 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 8:05am

yes this is dragging on now-- I am starting to feel queasy from all the Panadol I'm taking- death by Panadol- - but my poor body is not handling this very well-As for the tsnumai dont worry about it- but if i heard any such prediction for here- I  would move away-im sure there will be warnings to keep us well enough informed-

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #98 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 9:11am

I had something similar for a couple of weeks AG. I rarely take panadol, but had to take it every 6 hours for a few days. Headaches, nausea, dizziness etc. I'm still not quite right, but the symptoms are slowly disappearing.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #99 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 9:36am

mantra wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 9:11am:
I had something similar for a couple of weeks AG. I rarely take panadol, but had to take it every 6 hours for a few days. Headaches, nausea, dizziness etc. I'm still not quite right, but the symptoms are slowly disappearing.

just staying in bed now- staying warm and still - I  feel a bit better today-

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #100 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 10:41pm

Washed my doona for the first time in 2 years. It really needed attention. Lucky that we had a warm period of weather. Else I would have shivered the whole night and woke up ill.

Rain has been so poor this year that I have to leave the hose running in the front yard. Perhaps the earthworms will have an easier time getting through the clumped dirt and head for the compost bin for a feed -- assuming that they like what I put in there. Have been told that earthworms hide under the concrete foundation of the house to keep cool.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #101 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:59am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 10:41pm:
Washed my doona for the first time in 2 years. It really needed attention.

After 2 years- Ill bet it did lol-

Quote:
Lucky that we had a warm period of weather. Else I would have shivered the whole night and woke up ill.

Buy a spare doona US-

Rain has been so poor this year that I have to leave the hose running in the front yard. Perhaps the earthworms will have an easier time getting through the clumped dirt and head for the compost bin for a feed -- assuming that they like what I put in there. Have been told that earthworms hide under the concrete foundation of the house to keep cool. [/quote]

worms are smart

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #102 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:02am

There has been a good fall of rain over the last few days in my region. It was desperately needed. When the rain comes it gets a bit warmer - so that's a bonus.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #103 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:30am

mantra wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:02am:
There has been a good fall of rain over the last few days in my region. It was desperately needed. When the rain comes it gets a bit warmer - so that's a bonus.

that is so great Mantra- we have had 3 days of rain here- soft / gentle and life affirming - its always dry in  desert coastal town- my rain water tank is full again- so happy- I'm starting to feel dangerous again- so all good here-

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #104 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:29am

248mm of rain. With 42 rainy days out of the 160 for the year. I will settle for 200mm of rain before the end of August. Though, hoping that 30mm of rain next week could bring about the cold weather when the rain passes (like usual). We are back to May weather.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45
Send Topic Print