Weather 2017/18/19- (Read 75254 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Weather 2017/18/19-
Reply #450 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 2:34pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 9:42am:
any idea how much rain actually fell US- nothing like a good storm at last you got ur storm- we got a few insipid drops 2 days ago- be interesting too see what winter does this year-

40mm fell in my area. 70mm of rain fell around Gladstone where the storms were more intense. We are expecting more tonight. Checking the rain radar, there are storm cells building quickly. Not really moving at the moment. But it could look worse by this evening. Lost power at my place for 4 hours yesterday. Had to work in the rain.

IP Logged

babs

Reply #451 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:09pm

Well getting a bit excited now as summer is almost over.... not long at all now- 2- 6 weeks .... putting that out there because more than one summer here has dragged into April... just nasty nasty stuff. But yep 2 more weeks here by right's...sometimes we just don't get an autumn and even the winter's are more like spring

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #452 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 5:18pm

I have noticed that this year seems to be following the same pattern as last year's weather almost to the day. Perhaps a couple days behind last year's weather cycle at most. We might see another cold winter this year, too. Winter was pretty decent. Had to stay warm from April to September. Though, I was not wearing jumpers from August.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #453 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 8:26pm

Have a feeling it will be a springish winter here  Embarrassed

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #454 - Mar 20th, 2019 at 10:04pm

Stormy weather over the last few weeks here. The storm yesterday with 10mm of rain. The storm today with some showers. And give it a week, we will probably get drenched by the remnants of the cyclone that swings its way back around to our area.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #455 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 2:09am

Cold winter late this year. Forecast.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #456 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 6:34am

looks like the hot weather gone for the year- low 20s forecast for the rest of march- pretty much anyway- so happy- hopefully going to the snow this year for a break-

hope you  catch some rain off that cyclone US-

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #457 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 3:06pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 6:34am:
looks like the hot weather gone for the year- low 20s forecast for the rest of march- pretty much anyway- so happy- hopefully going to the snow this year for a break-

hope you  catch some rain off that cyclone US-

TC Trever is forecast to swing around and give us a dump of rain. Probably atleast 100mm over a couple days. The south east Qld region were hoping to get the rain. But I think that the curve of the system will be more immediate and head our way.

It has been alright for rain this month. Normally, it is either cooling down or staying warm. 34 degrees at 11am.

TC Veronica hopefully will cross the country and end up giving us some rain a few days after Trevor leaves. I want a head start on the dry winter we are likely to get.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #458 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:36pm

Very rainy period, with the odd half-days of muggy sunshine reaching the upper 20'sC.

Wasn't there a movie about the Weather going out of control and heaps of Cyclones and Hurricanes turning up at once?  Huh

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #459 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:22pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 7:36pm:
Very rainy period, with the odd half-days of muggy sunshine reaching the upper 20'sC.

Wasn't there a movie about the Weather going out of control and heaps of Cyclones and Hurricanes turning up at once?  Huh

Find out what it is and I'll watch it

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #460 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 12:53am

Agnes wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 2:22pm:

I think Jasin is referring to "The Day After Tomorrow". The most embellished climate change related movie I have ever seen.

Here is the story. Hurricanes are arriving in the west coast of the USA. Tokyo is getting hailstones the size of mini boulders. Australia gets a large cyclone. Finally, India gets a snowstorm. Then everything goes to hell as a scientist (with Arctic experience) goes to New York during an extreme polar vortex to rescue his son. Kind of a really pointless movie that I got out on dvd to own.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #461 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 5:19pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 12:53am:

I think Jasin is referring to "The Day After Tomorrow". The most embellished climate change related movie I have ever seen.

Here is the story. Hurricanes are arriving in the west coast of the USA. Tokyo is getting hailstones the size of mini boulders. Australia gets a large cyclone. Finally, India gets a snowstorm. Then everything goes to hell as a scientist (with Arctic experience) goes to New York during an extreme polar vortex to rescue his son. Kind of a really pointless movie that I got out on dvd to own.

sounds like a good watch

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #462 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 11:10pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 5:19pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 12:53am:

sounds like a good watch

It is a very CGI Hollywood movie. The main characters are based in Edinburgh, Los Angeles and New York. They refer to India, and Tokyo in scenes. Australia gets a mention. Then there are scenes in Edinburgh were weather scientists are monitoring bouys off the coast of Greenland, America, and Scandinavia. Problem being with the movie is that the world is undergoing not some longterm climate change. But one where all kinds of extreme (and I cannot understate how it was depicted) weather events took place. The royal family in Scotland crash land due to a vortex. The POTUS gets snowed in Washington DC.

I can imagine this movie being a documentary to all the chicken little's out there.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #463 - Mar 29th, 2019 at 10:02am

Looks like we're getting a bit of global warming this weekend

Sydney set for coldest March morning in 15 years this weekend

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/sydney-set-for-coldest-march-morning-...

IBI

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #464 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 5:11pm

Autumn has arrived. Felt the chill this morning for the first time. The rain is gone. I will probably have a warm shower tonight. That is about several months of cold showers to be ended by tonight.

I shall determine the first of April to be the seasonal start of Autumn.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45
Send Topic Print