Murder at Myall Creek (Read 1398 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Murder at Myall Creek
Nov 26th, 2017 at 3:32pm

by Mark Tedeschi QC,,

as anyone read it..

I have almost no knowledge of this one of the most shocking murder trials in Australia history..

is what the book says..

I am thinking of starting it after Xmas.. is that a good idea does anyone know?..

just think its needs my whole attention...

I almost only read true modern era  crime  this is of course historical...

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Murder at Myall Creek
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Only one of many massacres Cods. There was killing from both sides, however these walkabout Aboriginals literally walked into a hot spot where stockmen were killing anything that moved. They should have walked straight out again but got conned into being "protected" by a station owner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myall_Creek_massacre

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 5:42pm

it seems to have beena changing point in  Australian History  I b elieve the stockmen were found guilty

I do hope its historically correct    as I am not good at history all the little details you know....
I am one of these people  that tries to put themselves in the shoes of the people at that time..you know no one knew anything about anything in those times...and I thin k it was a grab all world all round...if you didnt take you would miss out....it hard to believe really how far this country has come... and what they did with almost nothing  was really amazing....this part of the history of the building of OZ kind of gets overlooked dont you think??.....we should of course never forget these tragic times  but then  we shouldnt judge this country by them either.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 7:02pm

cods wrote on Nov 26th, 2017 at 5:42pm:
we should of course never forget these tragic times  but then  we shouldnt judge this country by them either.

All you need to remember is that those type of perpetrators were the forebears of Labor and the Coalition - nothing has changed

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 9:28pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 26th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
cods wrote on Nov 26th, 2017 at 5:42pm:
we should of course never forget these tragic times  but then  we shouldnt judge this country by them either.

All you need to remember is that those type of perpetrators were the forebears of Labor and the Coalition - nothing has changed

I will keep that in mind,,. I think we have one or two here....bullies ..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print