#FreeCyntoiaBrown (Read 1565 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
#FreeCyntoiaBrown
Nov 23rd, 2017 at 4:48pm

Teen sex slave was sentenced to 51 years in jail for shooting her abuser

Social media is awash with this face today.

The picture shows Cyntoia Brown. In 2004, at the age of 16 she was sex-trafficked by a pimp nicknamed "Kut-Throat" in Nashville, Tennessee.

Cyntoia came to be in Kut-Throat's company after running away from home, and needing a place to stay.

After days of being repeatedly drugged, raped by different men at gunpoint and choked until she passed out at his hotel room, she was purchased by a real estate agent for sex.

Johnny Allen, 43, took her to his home. She said that she was terrified of Allen, who behaved in a threatening manner, had multiple guns in his home and had experience in the military. While lying in bed, Allen rolled over and she thought he was reaching for one of his guns on the floor.

She shot and killed him with a gun she kept stashed in her handbag.

The teenager was arrested for murder, tried and convicted as an adult. In 2006 she was sentenced to life in prison and will be eligible for parole when she is 69.

Fox 17 Nashville recently published a report on Cyntoia's life in prison, and it has brought renewed attention to her case.

#FreeCyntoiaBrown

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11947068

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FreeCyntoiaBrown&src=tyah

DPLG9rsUQAA64FG.jpg (141 KB | 64 )
DPLG9rsUQAA64FG.jpg

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: #FreeCyntoiaBrown
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 6:23pm

this is a real shocker even for America   

its hard to comprehend this happened in  2017 and not 1817.... Angry Angry

lets hope they keep up the rage..

shame america shame

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 9:03pm

Sounds terrible and I have no knowledge of the case at all and all I have to go on is the post above but I have one question... How is a sex slave allowed to have a handgun in her handbag, let alone a handbag? Well, I have more but that will do for now.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 11:06pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 9:03pm:
Sounds terrible and I have no knowledge of the case at all and all I have to go on is the post above but I have one question... How is a sex slave allowed to have a handgun in her handbag, let alone a handbag? Well, I have more but that will do for now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cyntoia-brown-who-is-she-murder...

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 12:19am

____ wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 11:06pm:
Setanta wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 9:03pm:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cyntoia-brown-who-is-she-murder...

If she was given a handgun it doesn't sound like she was a sex slave. Next question, why would someone rolling over in bed make you think they were reaching for a gun?

Her story smells of bullshyte.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2017 at 12:25am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 2:19am

cods wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 6:23pm:
this is a real shocker even for America   

its hard to comprehend this happened in  2017 and not 1817.... Angry Angry

lets hope they keep up the rage..

shame america shame

Let's hope this ridiculous campaign to free a person who murdered someone in their sleep and then robbed him fails. She is where she belongs.  Aren't you always asking for justice for the victim? Or is it only when the victim is a woman?

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #6 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 7:04am

That's a major jump from what was written in the last link supplied.

Cyntoia  was underage, being pimped out, and the person selling her, gave her a gun for protection, because he new who he was selling her to where dangerous men.

Also since, the law was fixed in that state. If she was judged since, she would of not been sent to jail for life.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 7:55am

____ wrote on Nov 24th, 2017 at 7:04am:
That's a major jump from what was written in the last link supplied.

Cyntoia  was underage, being pimped out, and the person selling her, gave her a gun for protection, because he new who he was selling her to where dangerous men.

Also since, the law was fixed in that state. If she was judged since, she would of not been sent to jail for life.

seems they judge her on what she did before she was kidnapped....bizarre   but look where she is.. but Tennessee what do we expect  I remember when I belonged to the Save the Bears fund
we all wrote letters to the Gov of Tennessee...regarding their laws that allow hunters to hunt bears in that State with dogs....so the bear has no chance at all and in many cases is ripped apart.....cold hearted State from the head down. Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print