Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calzaghe (Read 210 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Calzaghe
Nov 20th, 2017 at 9:18pm

A quick 10min piece on the awesome 'machine gun' boxing of the Welsh Dragon - Calzaghe.

Not an overly heavy hitter, but more than capable of knock-outs. He mostly pummelled his opponents into inactivity and forced the stoppage by the Ref.

Note the fight with Mikel Kessler (Denmark) who smacked Anthony Mundine around the ring consistently and if it wasn't for the fact that Mundine 'ran away' a lot from Kessler's punches, it would have been lights out.
Obviously - Calzaghe would have put Mundine to shame within 5 rounds, being just as fast and less lazy with more thrown.

Of course, Bernard Hopkins is the most cagiest boxer to fight. Very awkward and will discredit a match to drag it into a wrestle.

Roy Jones Jr? They say Calzaghe would not beat Jones Jr in his prime. But they way Calzaghe 'beat the Ego' of Jones Jr as well - I don't agree. Even with Roy in his prime - he was totally dependent on his Ego to demoralise the opponent where the match was half won. Calzaghe, immune to such rubbish - would have out-done Roy and Jones Jr in his prime would easily slip within a few rounds of some 'white guy' intimidating him. Roy was lucky he boxed Calzaghe in their final year. Calzaghe was not in his 'prime' either, hence why he retired after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWUdDhDLedI

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print