Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Memo for CWA members.. (Read 1435 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Memo for CWA members..
Nov 20th, 2017 at 2:25pm

I know its late and this should have been sent last weekend..This is just to remind you all to be watching your TV sets tonight..

I trust each and every one of you have been watching the current foodies show FFF.. of course you have! it is full of ethnic families  to which each of us can relate...its very emotional as well   lots of crying and hugging and of course shouting...

Tonight ladies...get the nibblies and G&Ts  ready at 7.30 channel 7   oooop... thats 9 because the good old CWA ladies will be on..they will be judging  and you know how tough they can be...and yes   our ethnic chums will be cooking CWA  classics...

I did enter our choko scone recipe   but they said it was dated  a bit 70s..[ a bit rude I thought]..so we shall see how our greek chums will do maybe Olive scones...who knows...

its a huge risk the CWA is taking given how scones and lamingtons  are a huge Australian tradition....no one else comes close....remember the good old days where they stampeded our cake stalls..... they could not get enough of us...

ladies I will be asking questions tomorrow so please make sure you dont miss a moment....please use the toilet before  the action starts   thank you ladies.... remember our mantra...One for all and all for you... something like that....

luvs youse all!.

Cods.

your president!

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: Memo for CWA members..
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 2:30pm

Will be there with bells on- what is FFF I dont get commercial will need to look it up cods

All good found it! Smiley

https://www.9now.com.au/family-food-fight

I think the choko scones would have been a sure winner too

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 2:41pm

oh dear  thank you agnes for pointing out I didnt clarify did I..

yes Family Food Fight   I am sure they would have an ethnic group that you can relate too sadly the Italian family went home last night...even after making the best biscuits...

they will need to be really good to beat what we put out agnes dear....our cake stalls were to die for.

up the good old CWA.

IP Logged

gladys

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:14pm

I'm still here dear.  I've been busy knitting scarves for the poor. Winter is coming.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:30pm

gladys wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:14pm:
I'm still here dear.  I've been busy knitting scarves for the poor. Winter is coming.

Gladys you are a sight for sore eyes where have you been- ? Monk and Red are busy elsewhere you will be pleased to hear- one brewing and the other well its hard to say what he gets up to isnt it?

IP Logged

gladys

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 7:20pm

I miss Pansi ... her apricot jam was the best ....

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:12pm

gladys wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 7:20pm:
I miss Pansi ... her apricot jam was the best ....

well she won all the ribbons with that recipe the and "boys" loved it- and who could blame them it was good- did she ever say where she was going - she said not a word to me-I think she said that recipe was her grandmothers and been in the family since she can remember cods but she was far more talented and making jam wasnt her only skill as we well know- Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:20pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 6:44am

Good on you girls. I miss Pansi too, emjoyed my spats with her.
There's an old CWA hall in the middle of the Bowral CBD. How the developers haven't got their hands on it by now beats me.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 8:17am

Pansi was the backbone of out team...she was Mrs everywhere I guess she spread herself a bit thin in the end.. rather sadly  greatly missed   

so good to see all our old friends.....good to know you havent dropped off the branch yet so to speak...

well we are all primed to go at any old tick  are we not?..

that is why I am writing my new cook book because our recipes must never die..

to see our old chums munching on lamingtons to die for.. last night  was a very emotional time for me...
to think all those ethnics could do that was amazing...agnes remind me to take my ruler next time I am judging....it was a wonderful show and the ladies did us proud..not one dropped a crumb  on her bib...

or burped   Smiley Smiley.. lets hope they didnt hit anything leaving the carpark.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 3:53pm

gladys wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:14pm:

Well done Gladys

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2017 at 3:54pm

I am yearning lamingtons now cods must put up a batch who doesnt love a good lammie I have my ruler too

- I miss Pansi too she was a gem-who knows what happened as long it was nothing nasty we might see her again one day- she might miss us and pay a visit- she was the glue I believe her fact finding missions did make a huge whole in the budget though- she had champagne tastes

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 7:55pm

cods wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 2:25pm:
I know its late and this should have been sent last weekend..This is just to remind you all to be watching your TV sets tonight..

I trust each and every one of you have been watching the current foodies show FFF.. of course you have! it is full of ethnic families  to which each of us can relate...its very emotional as well   lots of crying and hugging and of course shouting...

Tonight ladies...get the nibblies and G&Ts  ready at 7.30 channel 7   oooop... thats 9 because the good old CWA ladies will be on..they will be judging  and you know how tough they can be...and yes   our ethnic chums will be cooking CWA  classics...

I did enter our choko scone recipe   but they said it was dated  a bit 70s..[ a bit rude I thought]..so we shall see how our greek chums will do maybe Olive scones...who knows...

its a huge risk the CWA is taking given how scones and lamingtons  are a huge Australian tradition....no one else comes close....remember the good old days where they stampeded our cake stalls..... they could not get enough of us...

ladies I will be asking questions tomorrow so please make sure you dont miss a moment....please use the toilet before  the action starts   thank you ladies.... remember our mantra...One for all and all for you... something like that....

luvs youse all!.

Cods.

your president!

I don't think I'm a bona fide member Cods.

I believe I'm just a hanger-on atm 😂

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #12 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 10:34pm

you have a yearning to join the CWA Lisa- ?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 9:10am

I thought she was a member agnes...

lisa you just have to gatecrash our team...

we ditched the membership fees... getting them out of the old dears  was impossible.. so in the end  we paid them them $3  just to turn up ... saved heaps on debt collectors.... they were fun days of course a few have dropped off the branch now...[ooops]  but we have their pictures up on the walls to remind us all of something I forget what!... Smiley please pop in  lisa   we welcome all.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print